• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:55
CEST 03:55
KST 10:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7127 users

Power Rank - MLG Winter Edition - Page 7

Forum Index > News
307 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 16 Next All
ZisforZerg
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States224 Posts
March 23 2012 01:07 GMT
#121
On March 23 2012 10:03 jeremysaint wrote:
i really don't think idra has a place on this list. i actually can't remember the last time i saw him win a series, but i can certainly remember all the times i have watched him throw away matches.


Is there nothing to be said for respect for a phenomenal player? Players go through bad spells, mate. If we were talking about a player with no track record of winning foreign tournaments and playing toe-to-toe with Koreans then I would agree with you, but IdrA has far too much history to be bumped off this list. He also starts in R5 of the Open Bracket so he has a sizeable advantage over his fellow OB players.
"I'm too drunk, to taste that chicken."
sc14s
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5052 Posts
March 23 2012 01:07 GMT
#122
On March 23 2012 10:03 Viperbird wrote:
I think HuK and NaNiWa should have definitely been a lot higher, as they have both won before and almost always place top 4.

NaNi vs Stephano finals ~ heard it here first!
Ret and HuK 3rd and 4th
Hope the Koreans lose! =)

there is not a snowballs chance in hell koreans don't make at the very least 1 top 4.
Vindicare605
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States16126 Posts
March 23 2012 01:08 GMT
#123
Incredible write up fellas. I read every word of it.

Go MKP!!! Bring DRG back to earth!
aka: KTVindicare the Geeky Bartender
jmbthirteen
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States10734 Posts
March 23 2012 01:09 GMT
#124
On March 23 2012 10:03 jeremysaint wrote:
i really don't think idra has a place on this list. i actually can't remember the last time i saw him win a series, but i can certainly remember all the times i have watched him throw away matches.

well he did beat SuperNova at IEM
www.superbeerbrothers.com
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
March 23 2012 01:14 GMT
#125
No KawaiiRice in the list T___T!

*butthurt*
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
Mvrio
Profile Joined July 2011
689 Posts
March 23 2012 01:21 GMT
#126
good list, I can dig it, balanced and thought out.....

...unlike the game!!! haha lol jk
On October 03 2011 Jinsho wrote: Everyone is just a speck of fly dirt on the wall compared to Greg playing at his best :D
MattBleez
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada6 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-23 01:24:11
March 23 2012 01:22 GMT
#127
I think Thorzain is rated too highly. I also expect Idra to perform at this event.

Grubby line seems completely reasonable. I've been using him too for some reason (I don't see Thorzain above the Grubby line). I don't hate Thorzain either I just... don't see it.

Anyone else excited about MC vs Stephano if it were to go down? MC claims he won't ever lose to Zerg and Stephano thinks Toss is underpowered. I see MC taking it but it would be cool to see it happen again. (I think they last played at.... Blizzard cup?... maybe....)

DRG will win unless he runs in to MC. DRG is better but MC is too strong against Zerg.
howLiN
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Portugal1676 Posts
March 23 2012 01:26 GMT
#128
On March 23 2012 08:58 PiXiE777 wrote:
Apology not accepted! BlinG's mom :-)

Hahaha I didn't know Bling's mom had a TL account.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
March 23 2012 01:27 GMT
#129
I would have put violet way way higher
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-23 01:33:37
March 23 2012 01:27 GMT
#130
On March 23 2012 10:09 jmbthirteen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2012 10:03 jeremysaint wrote:
i really don't think idra has a place on this list. i actually can't remember the last time i saw him win a series, but i can certainly remember all the times i have watched him throw away matches.

well he did beat SuperNova at IEM


Anyone can beat Supernova if he's not in the GSL.
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Olinim
Profile Joined March 2011
4044 Posts
March 23 2012 01:35 GMT
#131
On March 23 2012 10:22 MattBleez wrote:
I think Thorzain is rated too highly. I also expect Idra to perform at this event.

Grubby line seems completely reasonable. I've been using him too for some reason (I don't see Thorzain above the Grubby line). I don't hate Thorzain either I just... don't see it.

Anyone else excited about MC vs Stephano if it were to go down? MC claims he won't ever lose to Zerg and Stephano thinks Toss is underpowered. I see MC taking it but it would be cool to see it happen again. (I think they last played at.... Blizzard cup?... maybe....)

DRG will win unless he runs in to MC. DRG is better but MC is too strong against Zerg.

They played at HSC4 too. MC won 2-0.
kaarkim
Profile Joined March 2012
Australia4 Posts
March 23 2012 01:36 GMT
#132
I think stephano deserves #4
Corrupted
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1255 Posts
March 23 2012 01:37 GMT
#133
On March 23 2012 10:22 MattBleez wrote:
I think Thorzain is rated too highly. I also expect Idra to perform at this event.

Grubby line seems completely reasonable. I've been using him too for some reason (I don't see Thorzain above the Grubby line). I don't hate Thorzain either I just... don't see it.


Time to get those eyes checked.
"MarineKing rolling double sevens there" -Artosis
jmbthirteen
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States10734 Posts
March 23 2012 01:38 GMT
#134
On March 23 2012 10:27 CosmicSpiral wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2012 10:09 jmbthirteen wrote:
On March 23 2012 10:03 jeremysaint wrote:
i really don't think idra has a place on this list. i actually can't remember the last time i saw him win a series, but i can certainly remember all the times i have watched him throw away matches.

well he did beat SuperNova at IEM


Anyone can beat Supernova if he's not in the GSL.

SuperNova is still a great player and beat Kas, Real, and Darkforce at that same tournament. and the guy said he can't remember the last time Idra won a series so I listed the last time he did. Although it appears I am wrong as Idra beat + Show Spoiler +
Thorzain in the IronSquid groups
www.superbeerbrothers.com
mrtomjones
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada4020 Posts
March 23 2012 01:43 GMT
#135
Go Huk! Hope you can put up a big win here and take over those rankings/moneys!
ShakaZu.Sc2
Profile Joined February 2012
United States131 Posts
March 23 2012 01:46 GMT
#136
IdrA is just too inconsistent, Im a fan of his but he just lacks the ability to win games he should consistently... Beating Thorzain and Supernova and then losing to underwhelming competition, he could be gone very quickly but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised at all if he beat Stephano or a strong Korean player
Check out my stream at http://www.twitch.tv/shakazu and follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/ShakaZuSC2
Xivsa
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1009 Posts
March 23 2012 01:49 GMT
#137
On March 23 2012 09:31 yawnoC wrote:
Another reason why I think Grubby is great. He just has the best outlook on things
-
Show nested quote +
Manuel Schenkhuizen ‏ @followgrubby
TIL there's a "Grubby Line" LOL. Interesting contemplation: Can I move above the Grubby Line, or do I make people go under?
-



Haha, that's great. I can't help but pull for Grubby, hopefully 2012 is a good year for him. And he should make as many people go under his eponymous line as possible.
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. - Bilbo
EpicNine
Profile Joined January 2011
10 Posts
March 23 2012 01:52 GMT
#138
gotta root for Stephano-
Mithhaike
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Singapore2759 Posts
March 23 2012 01:55 GMT
#139
where is MMA, MVP, Bomber etc?
Mew Mew Pew Pew
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
March 23 2012 01:56 GMT
#140
On March 23 2012 10:38 jmbthirteen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2012 10:27 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On March 23 2012 10:09 jmbthirteen wrote:
On March 23 2012 10:03 jeremysaint wrote:
i really don't think idra has a place on this list. i actually can't remember the last time i saw him win a series, but i can certainly remember all the times i have watched him throw away matches.

well he did beat SuperNova at IEM


Anyone can beat Supernova if he's not in the GSL.

SuperNova is still a great player and beat Kas, Real, and Darkforce at that same tournament. and the guy said he can't remember the last time Idra won a series so I listed the last time he did. Although it appears I am wrong as Idra beat + Show Spoiler +
Thorzain in the IronSquid groups


Still a great player, still far weaker than other Korean competition when playing in a foreign tournament.
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings74
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 153
RuFF_SC2 127
ProTech117
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14911
Rain 2244
Artosis 596
NaDa 25
Bale 16
League of Legends
Doublelift3482
Counter-Strike
taco 365
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox770
Mew2King107
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor965
Other Games
summit1g8722
Day[9].tv688
JimRising 614
PiGStarcraft328
C9.Mang0298
ViBE52
ArmadaUGS46
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV278
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream89
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 124
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP73
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv688
• Scarra521
• Shiphtur196
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
11h 5m
OSC
20h 5m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 8h
Online Event
1d 9h
FEL
1d 14h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.