• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:43
CEST 01:43
KST 08:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9138 users

TeamLiquid: Site Changes - Page 9

Forum Index > News
780 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 40 Next All
rUiNati0n
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1155 Posts
November 01 2011 09:11 GMT
#161
On November 01 2011 18:07 Plasmid wrote:
I don't know if this thread can be used for suggestions or not, but since I pretty much rely on the tl homepage to pick a stream several times a day, there are two things i would like to see some day, if the web development effort was doable:

Since I also only care about SC2, the language used below is sc2 centric, so feel free to adapt to other games as needed.

1- an option to be able to see the listed race for a stream. I do not want to filter out races, I actually watches from all 3, but it would be useful to have the race icon(s) besides each stream name. Of course, after a while you know most featured streams' races, but when i decide to pick a non featured which is fairly frequent, seeing a race would be helpful to me.

2- picking a handful of "personally featured" streams, that would just show up in the featured section just for me, independantly of the ones currently featured by TL. There are a number of people I care about that are not featured but I often pick them first, so having the ability to extract them from the ever growing list of online streams without searching would help me.
To keep things manageable, TL could impose a limit on the number of "personal features", like 5 or 10. I know I would probably personally feature like 4 right now for my own use.


Just ideas though. TL is already a great place and whether those 2 ideas ever see the light of day wont change that basic fact

Thanks for what already exists!

1 There is a box to check to show race icons

2 I would also like to see this
eating corn while thinking about eating more corn
Canucklehead
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada5074 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-01 09:26:18
November 01 2011 09:11 GMT
#162
Why don't you guys allow for full customization of streams? Like have a check box beside all streams and only the ones you check show up for you? If you want to prevent featured streams from not showing, then just disable that option for those and force those to show, but allow it for non featured streams, so the list isn't a mile long when you click on non featured streams on the side bar.
Top 10 favourite pros: MKP, MVP, MC, Nestea, DRG, Jaedong, Flash, Life, Creator, Leenock
Zaphid
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic1860 Posts
November 01 2011 09:12 GMT
#163
You totally sold out, wide TL is hurting ESPORTS!

I will never ever play Mech against Protoss. - MVP
Hiwashi
Profile Joined August 2010
United States43 Posts
November 01 2011 09:13 GMT
#164
Trump stream is not on the "de-featured", but also not on the current featured list. What is up with that?
Hyde
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia14568 Posts
November 01 2011 09:14 GMT
#165
Love the changes guys. The widening of the site was a little weird at first but I've adjusted to it. Also it means I'll be able to create wider banners for LR threads :D

Love the calendar and stream customisations too, doesn't feel cluttered anymore.
Great work
Because when you left, Brood War was all spotlights and titans. Now, with the death of the big leagues, Brood War has moved to the basements and carparks. Now, Brood War is unlicensed brawls, lost teeth, and bloody fights for fistfulls of money - SirJolt
zul
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany5427 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-01 09:18:01
November 01 2011 09:15 GMT
#166
I was cool with the smaller ad banner at the top (before the change), but now there is a significant larger top banner as well as the new one on the right side and this means return of the adblocker.To make one thing clear: I hate ad banners. And Teamliquid.net was the only website I had adblocker turned off. That small ad banner was bearable, but switching through the livestreams was a pain (already). With this change I just have to turn adblock back on, because I can`t stand the random color changes and all the animations that do nothing but distract me. I`m sorry for TL, but I will order a t-shirt to support you guys in a different way.

The customizable sidebar is nice though (especially the race icons for the streams).
keep it deep! @zulison
StrinterN
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark531 Posts
November 01 2011 09:17 GMT
#167
Great stuff TL!! <3<3<3
Twitter: @Strintern Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/strintern
Leetley
Profile Joined October 2010
1796 Posts
November 01 2011 09:18 GMT
#168
Hot damn. I love it.
zOula...
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States898 Posts
November 01 2011 09:19 GMT
#169
Honestly this is really bad for those of us with small screens... I am on my macbook and have 1280x800 and I have to scroll left and right I have honestly never had this problem before on ANY website..! and I can't save my settings on the sidebar, as people have mentioned before. It just cuts off at the bottom...

I must say the customization of the sidebar looks awesome tho, just wish I could use it
Ruyguy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada988 Posts
November 01 2011 09:20 GMT
#170
Love the changes! People aren't mentioning one of the most important changes, the longer blog section!
Heyoka
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Katowice25012 Posts
November 01 2011 09:21 GMT
#171
On November 01 2011 18:07 Plasmid wrote:
2- picking a handful of "personally featured" streams, that would just show up in the featured section just for me, independantly of the ones currently featured by TL. There are a number of people I care about that are not featured but I often pick them first, so having the ability to extract them from the ever growing list of online streams without searching would help me.
To keep things manageable, TL could impose a limit on the number of "personal features", like 5 or 10. I know I would probably personally feature like 4 right now for my own use.


This is something we would like to add but its a little more complex to enable, so it was pushed off the list for this update. Hopefully it will happen soon.
@RealHeyoka | ESL / DreamHack StarCraft Lead
Rabbitmaster
Profile Joined August 2010
1357 Posts
November 01 2011 09:22 GMT
#172
Looks great! Gonna work on that customization when i get home. <3
God is dead.
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51545 Posts
November 01 2011 09:22 GMT
#173
oh and please fix the replay section since its still on the old width.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
AnxiousHippo
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Australia1451 Posts
November 01 2011 09:22 GMT
#174
PHOOOEENIIIIIIIIIXXXXXXX </3
Otherwise cool, good work guys.
An apple a day keeps the Protoss away | TLHF
Adventurekid
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Sweden505 Posts
November 01 2011 09:23 GMT
#175
Awesome :D
You should build a turtle fence!
RxDamitol
Profile Joined February 2011
United States83 Posts
November 01 2011 09:23 GMT
#176
Thank you for all your great work. This site has done enormous things for eSports in general.

I can't imagine life without TL.net!!

and it just keeps getting better.

Thank you!
Greedy beats Safe, Safe beats Cheesy, and Cheesy beats Greedy.
-orb-
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5770 Posts
November 01 2011 09:25 GMT
#177
Cool changes, the widening of the layout seems awkward to me right now but it'll fix many problems and that's great. We can also have larger pictures which'll be a great bonus when looking at screenshots/etc or even the sfw funny images thread.

I love the sidebar customizability too
'life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery'
how sad that sc2 has no shield battery :(
UnknownReclaimer
Profile Joined March 2011
United States146 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-01 09:29:56
November 01 2011 09:25 GMT
#178
On November 01 2011 17:36 Hot_Bid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2011 17:34 J1.au wrote:
TL is too wide for me now.

I only have a 1024x768 resolution.

Unfortunately, you are the 1%.


Haha too funny. Sorry for those that are in this situation though.

I really like the new changes so far. Especially how we can label each player with their race icon. And now when I view TL it doesn't have like 4 inches of white on each side lol.

Something I have notice though is that it doesn't seem to want to load it to the wide version when the page is first loading. It is in the original form and then 1/2 a second later it's in the wide form. Any ideas why that is the case?
"And when he pops out.. WE SHIT ON HIM! HAHAHAHA!" - Geoff Robinson
dementrio
Profile Joined November 2010
678 Posts
November 01 2011 09:26 GMT
#179
The sidebar settings "popup" extends over my screen so I can't see a close/accept button and probably a few options aswell.
Should I open a thread in tech support? not sure if I should provide also a screenshot and what other technical details besides chrome.
iMAniaC
Profile Joined March 2010
Norway703 Posts
November 01 2011 09:26 GMT
#180
Haha, I'm almost getting vertigo from this wider layout. Guess it shows that I was just really used to the old one. But I do believe that wider is better, so I guess it'll pass in a fairly short amount of time

Also, yay for more ad revenue! My brain has learned that there are designated ad locations that are fairly standard and safe to ignore, so I didn't even notice the ads until they were pointed out in the OP. I don't mind at all spending a couple extra bytes loading teamliquid if it helps out with the economy
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 40 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft321
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta20
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft321
Nina 90
ViBE76
SpeCial 65
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 168
Noble 79
Hyuk 61
NaDa 41
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm140
League of Legends
Doublelift3993
Counter-Strike
minikerr9
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox414
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4741
Khaldor628
Other Games
summit1g7764
FrodaN1720
Coldzera 814
shahzam597
JimRising 391
C9.Mang0298
KnowMe208
ArmadaUGS61
Mew2King49
CosmosSc2 15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick731
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream79
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH353
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21137
Other Games
• imaqtpie753
• Shiphtur161
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
10h 17m
Online Event
11h 17m
FEL
16h 17m
AI Arena Tournament
17h 17m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 17m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.