• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:36
CEST 16:36
KST 23:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8120 users

[GSL] Code-S August RO16 Preview - Page 3

Forum Index > News
247 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
Wren
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States745 Posts
August 22 2011 21:34 GMT
#41
So, when July roflstomps HongUn, what's Waxangel gonna say?

I don't mind being called wrong, but that was really snide, especially for predictions, especially when July's ZvP is better than HongUn's PvZ.
We're here! We're queer! We don't want any more bears!
luckybeni2
Profile Joined October 2008
Germany1065 Posts
August 22 2011 21:35 GMT
#42
On August 23 2011 06:20 FataLe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2011 06:17 Orcasgt24 wrote:
This is the part where I realize that 80% of TeamLiquid doesn't actually watch GSL, and sigh.


July diasected Genius in group stages, one sided nub-bashing. Can you say Houng is better then genius?

I cannt

Well, he has had more consistent results than Genius.. I guess it's up in the air if you ask me. Can't be sold either way.

Plus this is TL and we all love July. Most people would rather give the player they like most their vote when you dont have a very clear favorite. And since HongUn doesnt really have a great fan base, what do you expect?
Beardedclam
Profile Joined September 2010
United States839 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-22 21:37:02
August 22 2011 21:36 GMT
#43
On August 23 2011 06:17 Orcasgt24 wrote:
Show nested quote +
This is the part where I realize that 80% of TeamLiquid doesn't actually watch GSL, and sigh.


July diasected Genius in group stages, one sided nub-bashing. Can you say Houng is better then genius?

I cannt


Did you watch the game... July cheesed Genius and won. There was no skill involved LOL. Seriously, a diamond leaguer could have done that, but yea Genius is much better than Hongun
"bye bye" - genius "#$@% you" - Idra------------|Genius|DRG|Keen|---------Breakfast.213
flowSthead
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
1065 Posts
August 22 2011 21:37 GMT
#44
I will admit to voting for who I want to win most of the time, rather than who I think will win. There are exceptions though, even if I wanted Keen to win I still would have voted for Bomber.

But yeah, I voted for Nada and July, whether or not they have the best chance.
"You can be creative but I will crush it under the iron fist of my conservative play." - Liquid`Tyler █ MVP ■ MC ■ Boxer ■ Grubby █
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
August 22 2011 21:42 GMT
#45
Well of course I vote with my heart. Not like I stand to win anything great, so why not? I mean I just feel like a whore most of the time if I pick against the people I really like, even if they have no chance in hell.
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
Thraundil
Profile Joined August 2010
Denmark278 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-22 21:45:38
August 22 2011 21:44 GMT
#46
Lol, the MMA vs Polt and Bomber vs Keen margins are hilarious


By the way. Am I the only one who is utterly despaired by the fact that I count... 3 zergs, 4 protoss and 9 terrans? Sure TvT is fun to watch and all but not THAT fun... At least only one of the nonterran matchups is a ZvP soo at least we'll have a chance to see some non terrans in the round of 8... But on the other hand we might also end up seeing 7 terrans and one nonterran... And a top 4 of pure terran. Oh joy.



On August 23 2011 06:36 Beardedclam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2011 06:17 Orcasgt24 wrote:
This is the part where I realize that 80% of TeamLiquid doesn't actually watch GSL, and sigh.


July diasected Genius in group stages, one sided nub-bashing. Can you say Houng is better then genius?

I cannt


Did you watch the game... July cheesed Genius and won. There was no skill involved LOL. Seriously, a diamond leaguer could have done that, but yea Genius is much better than Hongun


As much as I hate to admit it, a win by a cheese is still a win. If Genious wasnt good enough to hold a zerg cheese, he didnt deserve the win, July did. And remember, July is the God of War.
Hivemind! Just like IRL...
PhoenixDark
Profile Joined March 2011
United States286 Posts
August 22 2011 21:46 GMT
#47
Nestea v MVP is my most anticipated match of the year. I really want to see whether Nestea has come up with something to combat the abusive two factory style we've seen from Terran. If anyone can figure it out it's him

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=435469
yeti
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States259 Posts
August 22 2011 21:46 GMT
#48
I don't know about Nestea vs MVP Every time Nestea has been eliminated from a Korean Tournament it has been by Terran, with 2 of those losses coming from MVP. Head to head he is 1-6 to MVP. I don't see how he is favored in Korean polls.
the absurd is sin without god
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33705 Posts
August 22 2011 21:48 GMT
#49
On August 23 2011 06:34 Wren wrote:
So, when July roflstomps HongUn, what's Waxangel gonna say?

I don't mind being called wrong, but that was really snide, especially for predictions, especially when July's ZvP is better than HongUn's PvZ.


I could have lived with 60:40, 80:20 made me laugh
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
Deleted User 169839
Profile Joined April 2011
25 Posts
August 22 2011 21:49 GMT
#50
Nice write up, go on Huk!
Krimancer
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden150 Posts
August 22 2011 21:49 GMT
#51
I watch GSL, however I still vote with my heart in some matches.
mumming
Profile Joined June 2010
Faroe Islands256 Posts
August 22 2011 21:50 GMT
#52
Thing is. Polt won over MMA using bio! MMA is now a mecher, so bio just wont work nearly as well.
Swiftly
Profile Joined March 2011
Iceland160 Posts
August 22 2011 21:53 GMT
#53
i said on liquid bet agree with all except polt>mma and ryung>puzzle and nada>huk
"If you dont like the smell of burning meat then get the fuck off the planet" - Immortal Technique
Whiplash
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States2929 Posts
August 22 2011 21:54 GMT
#54
Great article Waxangel, I do think that July will be hongun though even though hongun has a tendency to pull miraculous miracles out of nowhere.
Cinematographer / Steadicam Operator. Former Starcraft commentator/player
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33705 Posts
August 22 2011 21:54 GMT
#55
TL has too much heart D:

Obviously there's no room for heart in esports
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
las91
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States5080 Posts
August 22 2011 21:56 GMT
#56
Hongun is probably one of the more inconsistent players in GSL, along with July. I've seen some incredible games from Hongun but also some truly awful ones in addition to the greatness. July's style tends to lend itself to weirder games as he is so super aggressive. I picked July, I highly doubt Hongun can take him down in a BoX but will be pleasantly surprised if he does (Since I'm Toss, I always hope for my Toss brethren :D)
In Inca we trust
Mioraka
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada1353 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-22 21:59:43
August 22 2011 21:56 GMT
#57
but Nestea vs Mere Mortals is the only matchup right now that deserves that kind of margin.


FTFY

+ Show Spoiler +
honestly though, i think bomber is quite overrated....
Eufouria
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom4425 Posts
August 22 2011 21:56 GMT
#58
HongUn has been in good form lately and July has not, I'd be interested to the the toto betting for that one, shame its not up. Although aybe its not that 80% don't watch the GSL though and instead the fact that Artosis doesn't give HongUn any credit and is prone to hyping Zerg players, who have had some success, up.
Brotatolol
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1742 Posts
August 22 2011 21:56 GMT
#59
Puzzle's GSL, you heard it here first (or at least I want it to be ).
Thraundil
Profile Joined August 2010
Denmark278 Posts
August 22 2011 21:56 GMT
#60
On August 23 2011 06:54 Waxangel wrote:
TL has too much heart D:

Obviously there's no room for heart in esports


*grabs a knife and cuts out own heart*

I am now a Lich! MWAHAHAHAHA!
Hivemind! Just like IRL...
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 389
ProTech148
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32754
Bisu 3063
Shuttle 1731
Hyuk 1311
EffOrt 718
Mini 696
Larva 361
Soma 282
ZerO 259
firebathero 234
[ Show more ]
Zeus 100
hero 92
Last 85
Sexy 70
Hyun 43
Mong 40
Killer 40
Pusan 35
Trap 35
ToSsGirL 34
Bale 33
PianO 32
Aegong 28
Hm[arnc] 28
sorry 20
zelot 18
Rock 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
JulyZerg 8
Noble 8
Sacsri 7
Icarus 7
Terrorterran 1
Dota 2
Gorgc7423
qojqva1440
Dendi835
Counter-Strike
fl0m2210
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1355
crisheroes937
Liquid`Hasu575
Lowko450
Other Games
singsing2636
B2W.Neo1372
Beastyqt393
Livibee207
Hui .189
Liquid`VortiX161
KnowMe87
ArmadaUGS86
Mew2King84
elazer64
CosmosSc2 24
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream68
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 41
• Adnapsc2 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 9058
• WagamamaTV181
League of Legends
• Jankos1924
Upcoming Events
FEL
1h 24m
AI Arena Tournament
2h 24m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 24m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 24m
INu's Battles
21h 24m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.