• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:46
CEST 22:46
KST 05:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6188 users

Farewell, Liquid`HuK - Page 122

Forum Index > News
3336 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 120 121 122 123 124 167 Next
Utinni
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1196 Posts
August 16 2011 19:31 GMT
#2421
On August 17 2011 04:27 NineKOne wrote:
Dear Mom and Dad,

Thank you for raising me all these years, changing my diapers when I was helpless as a baby, picking me up from all those soccer practices, working so hard to put food on the table for me, and generally making me the person I am today. I can't thank you enough.

Although recently Evan Grant's family bought a sick BMW convertible. I have never been in a BMW before, and I know that we will never have the money to buy one as you guys work running a Charity that doesn't generate a lot of money.

And as such, with all the love I have, I must bid you goodbye. The BMW is too much to pass up. Despite all that you have done for me, Evan Grant's family's BMW is potentially life changing. I know you will understand, because you always do. Once again, I love you Mom and Dad, I wish we can remain friends, even though I will be living at the Grants permanently.

Your son,
Chris

one year? maybe 2?
“... you don’t have to be Sun freakin Tzu to know that real fighting isn’t about killing or even hurting the other guy, it’s about scaring him enough to call it a day.” - Max Brooks: World War Z
Alpino
Profile Joined June 2011
Brazil4390 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-16 19:32:10
August 16 2011 19:31 GMT
#2422
On August 17 2011 04:30 DreamScaR wrote:
I'm excited for this, as it's been pointed out a few times. It'll only make the EG/Liquid games more amazing to watch. Ret is leaps and bounds at the top of Liquid now, and we'll see if he can usher in a new Liquid era with Sheth standing beside him on the Zerg front.


Hero man..I think he'll be an effin good acquisition.
20/11/2015 - never forget EE's Ember
emirp
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9 Posts
August 16 2011 19:32 GMT
#2423
You can all hold out hope that they somehow wont be able to pay the salaries they are giving but ive known Alex for years, since EG was a fledgling Canadian organization, and he hasn't done too much wrong yet as far as the business side goes.

GL to Huk, improving your quality of life is the most important thing and EG gave him the best opportunity. It was a smart business and a smart personal decision. Change is hard but sometimes needed to further yourself.
Geniuszerg
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada454 Posts
August 16 2011 19:32 GMT
#2424
GL HuK T_T i wish you the best, reading that made me teary eyed ;;
hidiliho
Profile Joined September 2004
Canada685 Posts
August 16 2011 19:32 GMT
#2425
On August 17 2011 04:30 Grimsong wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 04:23 Midgetman101 wrote:
On August 17 2011 04:19 Grimsong wrote:
On August 17 2011 04:18 Midgetman101 wrote:
what i hate most is egs vicious recruiting processes. They just throw fucking money at everyone.


They just offer money to people playing games so they can play games professionally while making a damn good living for themselves.

Evil!

Idk i just kinda believe in loyalty and huk betrayed teamliquid in my opinion. And why cant EG find their own fucking players. Do a little searching. Dont just buy every player that becomes big.


Huk is making a life changing amount of money in his young life, decades away from his SC2 days, if he can turn that money that EG has provided him into an even better long term life, that's a beautiful thing. When he's 50 is he going to feel more regret for not bunking beds with Jinro, or that he turned down an extra $40-$50k a year (we dont have numbers yet could be more, could be less) which could have helped him with any school costs, and life costs (a car, an apartment, a home, a stable foundation for a life).

Dont think Huk betrayed TL so much as Huk had to make a very tough decision that landed him on side b instead of side a.


I disagree, it's not a hard decision at all.

he's still going to see all his ex-teammates and friends... he'll just have more money.
I have a dream, that some day I wouldn't see any imba comments in GSL threads.
namste
Profile Joined October 2010
Finland2292 Posts
August 16 2011 19:32 GMT
#2426
On August 17 2011 04:23 vict1019 wrote:
Does this mean EG will get rid of iNcontrol/strifrecro/machine and the rest of their weak players? Cause I'm sure they're not done shopping around...


Well they would only have Huk left at that point :DD
IM hwaitiing ~ IMMvp #1 | Bang Min Ah <3<3
fraktoasters
Profile Joined January 2011
United States617 Posts
August 16 2011 19:32 GMT
#2427
On August 17 2011 04:18 Midgetman101 wrote:
what i hate most is egs vicious recruiting processes. They just throw fucking money at everyone.


EG is giving money to a player I like?... that is true evil right there.
The KY
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United Kingdom6252 Posts
August 16 2011 19:33 GMT
#2428
On August 17 2011 04:27 NineKOne wrote:
Dear Mom and Dad,

Thank you for raising me all these years, changing my diapers when I was helpless as a baby, picking me up from all those soccer practices, working so hard to put food on the table for me, and generally making me the person I am today. I can't thank you enough.

Although recently Evan Grant's family bought a sick BMW convertible. I have never been in a BMW before, and I know that we will never have the money to buy one as you guys work running a Charity that doesn't generate a lot of money.

And as such, with all the love I have, I must bid you goodbye. The BMW is too much to pass up. Despite all that you have done for me, Evan Grant's family's BMW is potentially life changing. I know you will understand, because you always do. Once again, I love you Mom and Dad, I wish we can remain friends, even though I will be living at the Grants permanently.

Your son,
Chris


No.

As much as we all love Liquid and their philosophy, this is still HuK's career for the time being and occasionally in peoples careers offers come up that it would be insane to refuse. Sometimes you have to make the hard decision that is best for yourself in the long term.
Alpino
Profile Joined June 2011
Brazil4390 Posts
August 16 2011 19:33 GMT
#2429

On August 17 2011 04:27 NineKOne wrote:
Dear Mom and Dad,

Thank you for raising me all these years, changing my diapers when I was helpless as a baby, picking me up from all those soccer practices, working so hard to put food on the table for me, and generally making me the person I am today. I can't thank you enough.

Although recently Evan Grant's family bought a sick BMW convertible. I have never been in a BMW before, and I know that we will never have the money to buy one as you guys work running a Charity that doesn't generate a lot of money.

And as such, with all the love I have, I must bid you goodbye. The BMW is too much to pass up. Despite all that you have done for me, Evan Grant's family's BMW is potentially life changing. I know you will understand, because you always do. Once again, I love you Mom and Dad, I wish we can remain friends, even though I will be living at the Grants permanently.

Your son,
Chris


So naive it borders beauty.
20/11/2015 - never forget EE's Ember
Grimsong
Profile Joined August 2010
United States252 Posts
August 16 2011 19:33 GMT
#2430
On August 17 2011 04:32 hidiliho wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 04:30 Grimsong wrote:
On August 17 2011 04:23 Midgetman101 wrote:
On August 17 2011 04:19 Grimsong wrote:
On August 17 2011 04:18 Midgetman101 wrote:
what i hate most is egs vicious recruiting processes. They just throw fucking money at everyone.


They just offer money to people playing games so they can play games professionally while making a damn good living for themselves.

Evil!

Idk i just kinda believe in loyalty and huk betrayed teamliquid in my opinion. And why cant EG find their own fucking players. Do a little searching. Dont just buy every player that becomes big.


Huk is making a life changing amount of money in his young life, decades away from his SC2 days, if he can turn that money that EG has provided him into an even better long term life, that's a beautiful thing. When he's 50 is he going to feel more regret for not bunking beds with Jinro, or that he turned down an extra $40-$50k a year (we dont have numbers yet could be more, could be less) which could have helped him with any school costs, and life costs (a car, an apartment, a home, a stable foundation for a life).

Dont think Huk betrayed TL so much as Huk had to make a very tough decision that landed him on side b instead of side a.


I disagree, it's not a hard decision at all.

he's still going to see all his ex-teammates and friends... he'll just have more money.


I agree with you it's a pretty obvious choice but from everything we've read from Huk and the TL guys its a pretty soft subject between them all. I've left "teams" I was heavily invested in like a family before for other "teams" for personal advancement. It's pretty straight forward when you look at it objectively, but the human emotion factors are there nonetheless. Always hard to leave brothers in arms.
DiscoKid
Profile Joined September 2010
United States18 Posts
August 16 2011 19:34 GMT
#2431
Farewell HuK, will be following you vehemently while you're with EG! All the best of luck; you're gonna kick ass like usual and prove more again why you are the best player in North America!
Radook
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden326 Posts
August 16 2011 19:35 GMT
#2432
On August 17 2011 04:25 Necro)Phagist( wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 04:19 Grimsong wrote:
On August 17 2011 04:18 Midgetman101 wrote:
what i hate most is egs vicious recruiting processes. They just throw fucking money at everyone.


They just offer money to people playing games so they can play games professionally while making a damn good living for themselves.

Evil!

Thats not whats evil about them... What is evil is how they go about it... they wait until some smaller team develops a player in their system, then throws shit tons of money that no one can match at them to in essence 'steal' players from teams.

They are basically the new york yankees of Sc2(Minus the actually winning part)


So you saying Huk started out as a player in TL?

If I remember he left a team one year ago to join TL and I didn't see you whining about TL signing him from Millenium.
Woop Woop!
Howl67
Profile Joined October 2010
United States148 Posts
August 16 2011 19:35 GMT
#2433
Never been a big HuK fan, but as a fan of EG this should only help them. Weird seeing IdrA leaving the states again already, I hope this doesn't mean we see less of him in foreign tournaments now. As another plus for EG, this should give them a nice boost in all the team leagues/clan wars.
Ecliptium
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada147 Posts
August 16 2011 19:36 GMT
#2434
On August 17 2011 04:27 NineKOne wrote:
Dear Mom and Dad,

Thank you for raising me all these years, changing my diapers when I was helpless as a baby, picking me up from all those soccer practices, working so hard to put food on the table for me, and generally making me the person I am today. I can't thank you enough.

Although recently Evan Grant's family bought a sick BMW convertible. I have never been in a BMW before, and I know that we will never have the money to buy one as you guys work running a Charity that doesn't generate a lot of money.

And as such, with all the love I have, I must bid you goodbye. The BMW is too much to pass up. Despite all that you have done for me, Evan Grant's family's BMW is potentially life changing. I know you will understand, because you always do. Once again, I love you Mom and Dad, I wish we can remain friends, even though I will be living at the Grants permanently.

Your son,
Chris


Ya. Cause your career path is analogous to your relationship with your family.
hidiliho
Profile Joined September 2004
Canada685 Posts
August 16 2011 19:36 GMT
#2435
On August 17 2011 04:35 Radook wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 04:25 Necro)Phagist( wrote:
On August 17 2011 04:19 Grimsong wrote:
On August 17 2011 04:18 Midgetman101 wrote:
what i hate most is egs vicious recruiting processes. They just throw fucking money at everyone.


They just offer money to people playing games so they can play games professionally while making a damn good living for themselves.

Evil!

Thats not whats evil about them... What is evil is how they go about it... they wait until some smaller team develops a player in their system, then throws shit tons of money that no one can match at them to in essence 'steal' players from teams.

They are basically the new york yankees of Sc2(Minus the actually winning part)


So you saying Huk started out as a player in TL?

If I remember he left a team one year ago to join TL and I didn't see you whining about TL signing him from Millenium.


You have to take in account what forum you're posting in.

If Millennium had it's own website, iIm sure it's members would be upset too.
I have a dream, that some day I wouldn't see any imba comments in GSL threads.
Yaqoob
Profile Blog Joined March 2005
Canada3408 Posts
August 16 2011 19:37 GMT
#2436
I was really sad reading the post on tl.net, especially what was written by HuK himself, but in the end, he is doing what is best for himself in the future. He still has to think about his future bills (school, savings, investments, and whatever else), so I fully understand his decision.
김택용 Fighting!
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
August 16 2011 19:37 GMT
#2437
i'm incredibly saddened by this decision... but I'll continue to support HuK.

honestly EG seems like a far cry from Liquid, not only in skill level but also in personality and companionship. I hope he does well...

EG getting better as a team by buying better players.
Business or not it was much more satisfying seeing HuK improve than EG stagnating.
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
SvartSol
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden78 Posts
August 16 2011 19:39 GMT
#2438
Well witten Liquid`Nazgul!
"There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. Its knack lies in learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss. Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that provides the difficulties."
thanhbao86
Profile Joined January 2009
Canada199 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-16 19:42:41
August 16 2011 19:40 GMT
#2439
Liquid has made me a fan of Huk, I still am and will be. The feeling and cheer just wont be the same. he was not just Huk, he represented the foreigners, and more importantly the liquid site that we know and love. Now, it just wont be the same.
Overall, it is totally understandable. I guess it is just a sad day for me but a good day for esposrts.
Fat Dragoon
beat farm
Profile Joined October 2010
United States478 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-16 19:43:02
August 16 2011 19:41 GMT
#2440
On August 17 2011 04:36 hidiliho wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 04:35 Radook wrote:
On August 17 2011 04:25 Necro)Phagist( wrote:
On August 17 2011 04:19 Grimsong wrote:
On August 17 2011 04:18 Midgetman101 wrote:
what i hate most is egs vicious recruiting processes. They just throw fucking money at everyone.


They just offer money to people playing games so they can play games professionally while making a damn good living for themselves.

Evil!

Thats not whats evil about them... What is evil is how they go about it... they wait until some smaller team develops a player in their system, then throws shit tons of money that no one can match at them to in essence 'steal' players from teams.

They are basically the new york yankees of Sc2(Minus the actually winning part)


So you saying Huk started out as a player in TL?

If I remember he left a team one year ago to join TL and I didn't see you whining about TL signing him from Millenium.


You have to take in account what forum you're posting in.

If Millennium had it's own website, iIm sure it's members would be upset too.


also team liquid made him into by far the best foreigner, and possibly the best protoss in the world. Mc is slumping hard, so id say its a 3 way tie for best protoss between huk Mc and puzzle, and EG just bought that away from team liquid. also Eg can not provide him with practice partners to the caliber of what liquid could provide with there partnership with oGs. Huk could possibly make less money because his winnings may go down because he stops winning.
Prev 1 120 121 122 123 124 167 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 495
ProTech169
Railgan 77
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 1465
Trap 28
Bale 16
Dota 2
420jenkins536
Counter-Strike
fl0m4322
Fnx 630
minikerr2
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4418
Liquid`Hasu630
Other Games
summit1g4920
Liquid`RaSZi1780
FrodaN817
B2W.Neo488
XaKoH 278
ToD241
C9.Mang0114
RotterdaM97
QueenE65
JuggernautJason49
Mew2King32
PPMD22
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV235
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream16
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21197
Other Games
• Shiphtur1076
• imaqtpie840
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 14m
Patches Events
19h 14m
The PondCast
1d 13h
INu's Battles
1d 14h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.