• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:01
CEST 09:01
KST 16:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202615Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9028 users

Farewell, Liquid`HuK - Page 105

Forum Index > News
3336 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 103 104 105 106 107 167 Next
DarkRise
Profile Joined November 2010
1644 Posts
August 16 2011 18:15 GMT
#2081
Who cares seriously? Huk is Huk!!! I really don't care what team he is.
idk why everyone flipping out about Idra and Huk, I think they are good friends and the rivalry are just for show. Only 3 are going to Korea? I want DeMu to join too, I think the four are the only hope EG got.
damngringo
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom34 Posts
August 16 2011 18:15 GMT
#2082
Wow, really sad news.

HuK, hope you get better as a player and achieve your aims. Such a community as TL may be hard to find again though.

+ Show Spoiler +
Monday - Fabregas, Tuesday - HuK, tomorrow - gilrfriend? :D
The man who said "I'd rather be lucky than good" saw deeply into life.
thopol
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Japan4560 Posts
August 16 2011 18:16 GMT
#2083
Goodbye Huk.

Liquid Hwaiting!!
mints
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States120 Posts
August 16 2011 18:16 GMT
#2084
Officially depressed...gl HuK
WightyCity
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada887 Posts
August 16 2011 18:16 GMT
#2085
go EG.Huk
90% watching it 8% talking about it and 2% playing it - sc2
Fayfay
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden128 Posts
August 16 2011 18:16 GMT
#2086
I respect HuK's choice, since he has to live aswell, and a huge offer of money can just be too much to say no to. But I don't like EG at all, the team just feels like a big money-machine, I don't feel any esport passion from them at all, never did. Just feels like it's all about money.
Corvi
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Germany1406 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-16 18:16:55
August 16 2011 18:16 GMT
#2087
so much overreacting here.

sc2 isn't teamsport. i can't remember a single tourney where TL or EG participated as a team. sc2 is a sport of individuals and i don't care which team signed the player.
Mithriel
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands2969 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-16 18:16:53
August 16 2011 18:16 GMT
#2088
On August 17 2011 03:15 damngringo wrote:
Wow, really sad news.

HuK, hope you get better as a player and achieve your aims. Such a community as TL may be hard to find again though.

+ Show Spoiler +
Monday - Fabregas, Tuesday - HuK, tomorrow - gilrfriend? :D


didnt you get the memo? I purchased your girlfriend countdown inc
There is no shame in defeat so long as the spirit is unconquered. | Cheering for Maru, Innovation and MMA!
Nagano
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1157 Posts
August 16 2011 18:16 GMT
#2089
Just be happy for Huk. He's now making significant money doing something he loves. It's not a hard concept. Try growing up and putting food on your own table before criticizing his "loyalty".
“The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.”
disciple
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
9071 Posts
August 16 2011 18:16 GMT
#2090
On August 17 2011 03:14 Yuriegh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 03:13 Stiig wrote:
I was a BIG!! fan of you when you were in TeamLiquid .. But now when you're in EG .. /:

Sorry to say but ... I'm out .. I don't like EG .. So once a fan but not anymore


Why is this immaturity so rampant?

edit if you were even close to being a true fan you would love him not matter where he's at


I dont think thats irrational. I gave up on Beckham when he left man utd for real... In starcraft terms many fans were disappointed by Bisu getting bought by SKT.
Administrator"I'm a big deal." - ixmike88
Yuriegh
Profile Joined July 2010
United States327 Posts
August 16 2011 18:16 GMT
#2091
On August 17 2011 03:15 ghrur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 03:14 Yuriegh wrote:
On August 17 2011 03:13 Stiig wrote:
I was a BIG!! fan of you when you were in TeamLiquid .. But now when you're in EG .. /:

Sorry to say but ... I'm out .. I don't like EG .. So once a fan but not anymore


Why is this immaturity so rampant?

edit: if you were even close to being a true fan you would love him not matter where he's at


Maybe he's a fan of TL and not Huk? Derp derp? Is that not allowed? Is that immature?


He said he was a big fan of him so that would lead common sense to assume he likes HuK
I got shot through a place not long ago I thought I knew the place so well
itkovian
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States1763 Posts
August 16 2011 18:16 GMT
#2092
On August 17 2011 00:59 Liquid`Nazgul wrote:

The last few weeks were the negotiation period of Huk's contract. We had known since a few months ago that it would be a difficult period. Coming off winning championships at Dreamhack and HSC, and with a legion of fans supporting him, it was obvious that there would be a lot of interest in acquiring HuK. For us, this meant making him an offer that we felt would rival any other offer that we thought could be made. To the furthest extent our finances would allow, we tried to keep HuK with the team. HuK, too, wanted to stay very much. He loved being a part of Liquid, and was willing to stay with us for significantly less than other teams. However, the offer that he received from EG wasn't just significant, it was potentially life-changing.

EG fully recognized HuK's value as a player, and were absolutely single-minded in making sure they received his signature. Huk was placed at a crossroads that could influence the rest of his life and made the choice that he thought was best for him. I understand EG's reasoning in going after NA's best player and biggest superstar, and HuK's decision for joining them.




I want to know how much his salary is!! It must be massive
=)=
Utinni
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1196 Posts
August 16 2011 18:17 GMT
#2093
GL HUK,

Sad to see you leave your Liquid Brethren!

BUT

GL with your EG BROHANS!

Can't wait to see you guys together under one roof.


Huk Fighting!
“... you don’t have to be Sun freakin Tzu to know that real fighting isn’t about killing or even hurting the other guy, it’s about scaring him enough to call it a day.” - Max Brooks: World War Z
ABPID
Profile Joined May 2011
Netherlands293 Posts
August 16 2011 18:17 GMT
#2094
On August 17 2011 03:15 ghrur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 03:14 Yuriegh wrote:
On August 17 2011 03:13 Stiig wrote:
I was a BIG!! fan of you when you were in TeamLiquid .. But now when you're in EG .. /:

Sorry to say but ... I'm out .. I don't like EG .. So once a fan but not anymore


Why is this immaturity so rampant?

edit: if you were even close to being a true fan you would love him not matter where he's at


Maybe he's a fan of TL and not Huk? Derp derp? Is that not allowed? Is that immature?

Then he shouldn't say he was a big fan of Huk
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
August 16 2011 18:17 GMT
#2095
Nada! "I edited this just for you cute guy. I know you're going to miss me hitting on your gf and smelling your hair, and all those other awkward yet funny moments we had together. GL in ro16, I will be waiting for you there my friend."

o.0
KARnyge
Profile Joined October 2010
United States132 Posts
August 16 2011 18:17 GMT
#2096
Not to be trolling but now we really need a big brother series in the EG house in Korea!
brobrah
Profile Joined April 2011
220 Posts
August 16 2011 18:17 GMT
#2097
Good to see that he'll stay in Korea. Nice to see Greg heading back there as well. Not a huge fan of EG but I'll always be a HuK fanboy. HuK fighting!
I want to be the next Chris Loranger for SC3
hidiliho
Profile Joined September 2004
Canada685 Posts
August 16 2011 18:17 GMT
#2098
Motherships don't buy themselves....


Obviously.
I have a dream, that some day I wouldn't see any imba comments in GSL threads.
GlutenFree
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada5 Posts
August 16 2011 18:17 GMT
#2099
I think I just became an EG fan
Brotoss
Yuriegh
Profile Joined July 2010
United States327 Posts
August 16 2011 18:17 GMT
#2100
On August 17 2011 03:16 Nagano wrote:
Just be happy for Huk. He's now making significant money doing something he loves. It's not a hard concept. Try growing up and putting food on your own table before criticizing his "loyalty".


Once again why can't more people be like this guy?
I got shot through a place not long ago I thought I knew the place so well
Prev 1 103 104 105 106 107 167 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 15h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4082
Mong 84
ToSsGirL 71
sorry 51
Noble 9
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King147
Other Games
summit1g8572
WinterStarcraft684
ceh9414
Happy206
Sick172
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2275
League of Legends
• Stunt429
Other Games
• Shiphtur456
Upcoming Events
OSC
15h 59m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 2h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 9h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 11h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.