• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:59
CEST 07:59
KST 14:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9485 users

Farewell, Liquid`HuK - Page 100

Forum Index > News
3336 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 98 99 100 101 102 167 Next
RunnerMeep
Profile Joined May 2011
United States79 Posts
August 16 2011 17:59 GMT
#1981
Wait, Idra and Huk on the same team? This cannot end well
SJSU!
FryktSkyene
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1327 Posts
August 16 2011 17:59 GMT
#1982
On August 17 2011 02:57 StarStruck wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 02:55 Necro)Phagist( wrote:
On August 17 2011 02:51 Dezire wrote:
On August 17 2011 02:49 Crosswind wrote:
On August 17 2011 02:47 Dezire wrote:
On August 17 2011 02:45 mcc wrote:
On August 17 2011 02:20 Dezire wrote:
On August 17 2011 01:03 GTR wrote:
money rules the world


bullshit, as nazgul said himself it wasnt about the money for huk. bah. go huk, u'll win code S someday

What ? Nazgul and HuK said it was about the money.


really? can you read?

" To the furthest extent our finances would allow, we tried to keep HuK with the team. HuK, too, wanted to stay very much. He loved being a part of Liquid, and was willing to stay with us for significantly less than other teams. However, the offer that he received from EG wasn't just significant, it was potentially life-changing. "


Soo, dude. Not to put to harsh an edge on it, but that quote you quoted implies that it was all about the money. IE, you are, in fact, the one who can't read. =(

-Cross


I'm pretty sure EG's offer consisted of more than just money, but more likely an own team-house etc and ultimately EG is most likely more able to help huk going for his goal wich is winning GSL (yes because EG owns some money ~~)

If his goal is to win GSL then this move makes no sense at all... leaving the best practice environment possible is not a step towards that goal...
The money makes sense, he is looking towards his future. I will always love HuK, I just Hate EG even more now...



Things change man. I don't think that is one of his top priorities or goals like Greg anymore. You hear players say all kinds of crap. Yet, team transfers happen all the time, so yeah. It is what it is.

I thought the idea was ridiculous too with all that's been said and shit, but the guy misses his family and home.


Hes staying in korea. Him Idra and puma are going to train in korea in an "undisclosed" location according to the EG post.
Snitches get stiches
PhiliBiRD
Profile Joined November 2009
United States2643 Posts
August 16 2011 17:59 GMT
#1983
overhyped

but grats to Huk. good move i think. interesting to hear idra/huk becomin buddies!

Benjammer
Profile Joined August 2011
15 Posts
August 16 2011 17:59 GMT
#1984
Idra, Huk, and Puma under one roof is awesome. <3 EG.
Horse...falcon
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1851 Posts
August 16 2011 17:59 GMT
#1985
Hahahaha holy crap. I was sure it had to be something else. Huk + Idra living together, that's a sitcom waiting to happen. What about Puma? Who's going to be the english/korean translator?
Artosis: "From horsssse....falcon"
sPitcraZy
Profile Joined June 2011
United States24 Posts
August 16 2011 18:00 GMT
#1986
When I think of this transaction I think of Idra getting 10times better... With huk as a practice partner, Idra will learn to play against GREAT protoss players!

Taeyeon + Tiffany + Jiyeon + Eunjung + Nicole + Hara + Hyuna + IU + Yoo Inna
Zane
Profile Joined January 2011
Romania3916 Posts
August 16 2011 18:00 GMT
#1987
On August 17 2011 02:57 Hall0wed wrote:
Shit, TL is screwed in the Relay Races now.

I don't know, Hero looks fast. All they have to do is to keep Tyler away from Disneyland.
Necro)Phagist(
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada6667 Posts
August 16 2011 18:00 GMT
#1988
On August 17 2011 02:57 StarStruck wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 02:55 Necro)Phagist( wrote:
On August 17 2011 02:51 Dezire wrote:
On August 17 2011 02:49 Crosswind wrote:
On August 17 2011 02:47 Dezire wrote:
On August 17 2011 02:45 mcc wrote:
On August 17 2011 02:20 Dezire wrote:
On August 17 2011 01:03 GTR wrote:
money rules the world


bullshit, as nazgul said himself it wasnt about the money for huk. bah. go huk, u'll win code S someday

What ? Nazgul and HuK said it was about the money.


really? can you read?

" To the furthest extent our finances would allow, we tried to keep HuK with the team. HuK, too, wanted to stay very much. He loved being a part of Liquid, and was willing to stay with us for significantly less than other teams. However, the offer that he received from EG wasn't just significant, it was potentially life-changing. "


Soo, dude. Not to put to harsh an edge on it, but that quote you quoted implies that it was all about the money. IE, you are, in fact, the one who can't read. =(

-Cross



I'm pretty sure EG's offer consisted of more than just money, but more likely an own team-house etc and ultimately EG is most likely more able to help huk going for his goal wich is winning GSL (yes because EG owns some money ~~)

If his goal is to win GSL then this move makes no sense at all... leaving the best practice environment possible is not a step towards that goal...
The money makes sense, he is looking towards his future. I will always love HuK, I just Hate EG even more now...



Things change man. I don't think that is one of his top priorities or goals like Greg anymore. You hear players say all kinds of crap. Yet, team transfers happen all the time, so yeah. It is what it is.

I thought the idea was ridiculous too with all that's been said and shit, but the guy misses his family and home.

You do realize he is staying to train in Korea and not going home to see his family right? and Greg is actually going to Korea as well to train with him?
"Are you talking to me? Because your authority is not recognized in fort kick ass!"" ||Park Jung Suk|| |MC|HerO|HyuN|
ellirc
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden3286 Posts
August 16 2011 18:00 GMT
#1989
On August 17 2011 02:58 ChaosTriggeR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 02:57 Yuriegh wrote:
On August 17 2011 02:54 infinitum wrote:
Wow. I am actually depressed about this. I had no idea I cared about Starcraft this much. I am so sad. I....I just can't support Huk as much with him on EG. I get why he did it, but I have Liquid loyalty, man. TTTTTTTTTTT


What? ok now that is just immature. Oh no! His nametag changed I guess I cant root for him anymore. WTF is wrong with you people!


do you follow professional sports at all, millions of people support their favorite team, not change rooting for teams once their favorite player leaves.

Again. You can't compare team games to SC2. It's more like tennis or golf.
TolEranceNA
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada434 Posts
August 16 2011 18:00 GMT
#1990
I am not even bother with " OMG I HATE ESPORT NOW! "OMG TEARS EVERYWHERE" immature comments. All i am is going to say is.

Huk, good luck.
Arotsis:"Nestea, what do you think about Zerg?" Nestea:"...Sad."
Cyber_Cheese
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia3615 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-16 18:01:07
August 16 2011 18:00 GMT
#1991
I actually cried while reading this
GL HuK, I hope it works out for you
The moment you lose confidence in yourself, is the moment the world loses it's confidence in you.
morpheus2480
Profile Joined May 2010
Philippines76 Posts
August 16 2011 18:00 GMT
#1992
On August 17 2011 02:58 ChaosTriggeR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 02:57 Yuriegh wrote:
On August 17 2011 02:54 infinitum wrote:
Wow. I am actually depressed about this. I had no idea I cared about Starcraft this much. I am so sad. I....I just can't support Huk as much with him on EG. I get why he did it, but I have Liquid loyalty, man. TTTTTTTTTTT


What? ok now that is just immature. Oh no! His nametag changed I guess I cant root for him anymore. WTF is wrong with you people!


do you follow professional sports at all, millions of people support their favorite team, not change rooting for teams once their favorite player leaves.



i.e: Lebron James
go go go
RezChi
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2368 Posts
August 16 2011 18:00 GMT
#1993
On August 17 2011 02:58 Dezire wrote:
ah really im too tired to go defend huk on and on for so many people who are to cant think rational about huk his decision.

al huk want's is winning code s. EG offered him alot of support to pursue that goal and it not just money, and i refuse therefore to say that the money was huks biggest drive to sign for EG.

go huk! you'll be even bigger than you are

"Support to pursue that goal" You'd think training with a bunch of EG noobs compared to oGs-TL is a better? Not to mention people already stated that he's staying in korea which has no difference in training. So it most likely is the contract offer that beat teamliquids.
Yuriegh
Profile Joined July 2010
United States327 Posts
August 16 2011 18:00 GMT
#1994
On August 17 2011 02:58 ChaosTriggeR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 02:57 Yuriegh wrote:
On August 17 2011 02:54 infinitum wrote:
Wow. I am actually depressed about this. I had no idea I cared about Starcraft this much. I am so sad. I....I just can't support Huk as much with him on EG. I get why he did it, but I have Liquid loyalty, man. TTTTTTTTTTT


What? ok now that is just immature. Oh no! His nametag changed I guess I cant root for him anymore. WTF is wrong with you people!


do you follow professional sports at all, millions of people support their favorite team, not change rooting for teams once their favorite player leaves.


This isn't a team sport like baseball or football this is a 1v1 sport I care about players not teams if I like a player I will root for him no matter what team he is on because it simply does not matter.
I got shot through a place not long ago I thought I knew the place so well
Silfurstar
Profile Joined November 2010
Switzerland263 Posts
August 16 2011 18:01 GMT
#1995
In the end, what saddens me most is that this thread was supposed to be a farewell from a team (and its fans) to a player going to another team.
Farewell is not goodbye, it's a wish of success and of a safe journey.

That's what this thread should be about, not EG hate, reasons debating or anything else.
I also forgot that...
Tofugrinder
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria899 Posts
August 16 2011 18:01 GMT
#1996
sadest announcement in a long time..
Azaiya
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom33 Posts
August 16 2011 18:01 GMT
#1997
On August 17 2011 02:59 xXFireandIceXx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 02:58 Azaiya wrote:
xXFireandIceXx wow so your Huk? thats amazing!


.........O.o lol wut?


sorry I read back my original post and it defiantly was asking Huk, you replied to it as if you were him so.....
stormypara
Profile Joined October 2010
Singapore3 Posts
August 16 2011 18:01 GMT
#1998
Money is the root of all evil. Very soon, we will see a powerhouse buying all the players like Real Madrid and Chelsea did ^_^
NyxErinyes
Profile Joined July 2010
United States44 Posts
August 16 2011 18:01 GMT
#1999
I'm definitely sad to see this. I like HuK as he is one of the few quality protoss players out there... but Liquid is 10 times the team that EG is.. They may not be as financially solid, but they're better men, all around. I'll wish HuK the best in his exploits with EG... but I won't root for him anymore. EG is just about money and ego, not skill and respect like the Liquid players.
Nuke 'em till they glow, then shoot 'em in the dark.
DertoQq
Profile Joined October 2010
France906 Posts
August 16 2011 18:02 GMT
#2000
Hope Incontrol will benefith practicing with HuK
"i've made some empty promises in my life, but hands down that was the most generous" - Michael Scott
Prev 1 98 99 100 101 102 167 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 299
Mind 67
sorry 40
Bale 32
ZergMaN 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm188
League of Legends
JimRising 705
Other Games
summit1g8934
Coldzera 725
WinterStarcraft659
C9.Mang0296
Sick131
febbydoto12
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick740
BasetradeTV207
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2166
League of Legends
• Rush1319
Other Games
• Shiphtur521
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
4h 1m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
6h 1m
AI Arena Tournament
11h 1m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
13h 1m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.