• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:57
CEST 00:57
KST 07:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)52Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10565 users

[GSL] Liquid`Jinro / EG.IdrA Ro8 Foreigner Special - Page 7

Forum Index > News
199 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
Ansinjunger
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2451 Posts
January 20 2011 05:04 GMT
#121
On January 20 2011 09:59 eddytlaw wrote:
Congrats to Jinro!! though i would very much like to see idra the gracken come back next year to do just as well..it certainly is very nice to see foreigners do well ;DD


I hope the gracken's back next month. Isn't that when GSL s5 should be?

I don't see how 2 barracks marine/bunker is cheese, in the conventional sense where you "sure hope it's not scouted," at least not in TvZ. There's a lot of information that gives that away, e.g. no gas. Yea, it could also be a fast expand, if you can't find the second barracks, and the randomness of close positions is kind of unfair, but as a spectator it gives more variety, and the players can adapt and stop complaining, IMO, except when there's clearly an abundance of maps that favor one race more than another.

But it's really hard to know which race is favored without a lot of games played. Some new map from ICC may come out, and it seems balanced, but then someone thinks of some strat that becomes too powerful. No one was complaining about 2 rax pressure in season 1. Then roaches got buffed and reaper build got nerfed, right after FD won GSL1, and the "zerg is OP" threads began. Then GSL2 saw the rise of 2 rax builds. It was largely Terran who adapted and Zerg who remained the same. They at first thought, "ah, now I can 14 hatch every game," while Terrans were thinking, "now how can we stop early hatch."

It's not necessarily Zerg's fault that Terran adapted. What really is lacking is more variety in Zerg openers (seeing how a 6 pool all-in was defeated by a Terran without a wall-in today, albeit by a hair, let's leave 6 pool out of the 'variety' discussion unless it has something to do with fast queens). I would really like to see 1 base double hatch become more viable, or, if you contend that it already is, more used.
Snickersnee
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States241 Posts
January 20 2011 05:11 GMT
#122
I'm happy that both have gotten this far. I would have liked to see Idra win, but that's because I'm zerg and think he's an amazing player. Not to take anything away from Jinro. He is an amazing player and deserves to be in the semi-final. Can't wait to see how he does in the rest of the gsl.
Had an idea that combines the intimate moment of delivering babies with Crazy Taxi last night. Can emotional arcade style gaming work?
rozero1234
Profile Joined November 2010
United States35 Posts
January 20 2011 05:11 GMT
#123
looks like IdrA invested in +1 armor
sometimes you have to fuck it up three times before you realize you're no good at this
BalanceFx
Profile Joined July 2010
United States72 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-20 05:20:37
January 20 2011 05:15 GMT
#124
Good show for Jinro but I was rooting for Idra. I Learned a lot watching Idra game 1...

Typically I have a huge problem in my play with tanks and marines in combo... Tanks fire and banelings vanish... But Idra walked over the tanks and rines like they were not there... Was awesome.

My thoughts...

WTF was with GG on the bunker rush? Thats what I do haha but I think Idra stood a decent chance of beating that. At the same time its a rush which can win the game that can ultimately cost the terran nothing? I have seen bunkers with practically no hps sold off for a full refund... Yet were a decisive factor in the game.

I am not one to QQ but this seems like a balance issue. A minor one that occurs from time to time but a balance issue nonetheless. I try to equate it to a cannon rush that works economically and then imagine when you know your cannons are gonna die anyways you can just sell em all off and the pylons for a full refund and transition into something new with the mineral infusion. Sounds broken to me.

The 6 pool... I hate dice rolls. I heard on the korean ladder there was a rock, paper scissor scandal that went on... On that map I see 6 pool in that fashion...

A more honest version... but whatever. I can't fault Idra for that other then I feel Idra should have fought it out until the bitter end. (Idra can learn something from BitByBit? That is... how cheese works? JK, but JS)

I honestly really wanted to see that game fought out to see if idra could have pulled out a win there. To the bitter bitbybit end.

What do you guys think? I think there was maybe a 20ish percent chance he could pulled a win off there.... for 1 in 5 I would have liked to see the next 2 mins of that game.... Just sayin.
When you understand why you reject all other gods, you will understand why I reject yours as well. --Stephen Roberts
MrHeckOne
Profile Joined October 2010
Costa Rica23 Posts
January 20 2011 05:21 GMT
#125
Jinro, you rock dude !!!
ggrated
Profile Joined August 2010
91 Posts
January 20 2011 05:23 GMT
#126
I also wish Idra hadn't have just GGed when he saw the bunker contain. I wanted to see him try and pull it out, but he probably would have gotten heated if he had wasted all that time and lost anyhow, so I in terms of decision making it was better on his part.

I wish the series had gone on a little longer. Idra should have won that 6 pool all in. Didn't micro just right against that 1 marine. I love Jinro, but for some reason I wanted Idra to make it to the semis this time. The guy is an amazing player, when will it be his turn? Hopefully GSL 4.

But grats to Jinro! He just looks unbeatable right now!
Sygnon
Profile Joined December 2010
United States7 Posts
January 20 2011 05:24 GMT
#127
The question I have is since people seem to be upset with the quality so to speak of the matches, is it more the strategy used or the spectacle?

The strategies behind 6pooling jungle basin, or barracks rushing metal are "cheesy" but both players cited their (sound i assume) thinking, but isn't the real issue that as a spectator they are unsatisfying?

Thinking of this in terms of esports in general, I really want to know what exactly was irksome about the play to those of you vocalizing it.

and we cant forget

Well played Jinro
Wat
pHelix Equilibria
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1134 Posts
January 20 2011 05:30 GMT
#128
Karma caught up to IdrA. =) Best week ever.
Great job Jinro! Good luck!
kenwoo
Profile Joined August 2010
United States484 Posts
January 20 2011 05:39 GMT
#129
Jinro is sooooo damn goood!!!!@~ i get so hyped up every time i watch him play
ggrated
Profile Joined August 2010
91 Posts
January 20 2011 05:39 GMT
#130
On January 20 2011 14:24 Sygnon wrote:
The question I have is since people seem to be upset with the quality so to speak of the matches, is it more the strategy used or the spectacle?

The strategies behind 6pooling jungle basin, or barracks rushing metal are "cheesy" but both players cited their (sound i assume) thinking, but isn't the real issue that as a spectator they are unsatisfying?

Thinking of this in terms of esports in general, I really want to know what exactly was irksome about the play to those of you vocalizing it.

and we cant forget

Well played Jinro


I don't think it that's people are irked at the styles of play at all. Everything that took place had a reason behind it. I think since people enjoy watching both of these players so much they are just a bit disappointed since the games were a bit short. Nothing wrong with the games. I think people wanted to see another epic 40 minute battle like what Jinro displayed earlier in the group stages.
Tegin
Profile Joined November 2010
United States840 Posts
January 20 2011 05:41 GMT
#131
Congrats Jinro!!
Pain is weakness leaving the body.
Laddergoat
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden28 Posts
January 20 2011 05:49 GMT
#132
No matter what happends you have proven yourself Jinro!

Inte för att någon tvivlade innan!
LanTAs
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1091 Posts
January 20 2011 06:12 GMT
#133
I think we know what to do to help Jinro win GSL4,

SEND IN HAND WARMERS GUYS! JINRO DOESNT WANT COLD HANDS!
Jonoman92
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States9110 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-21 19:05:13
January 20 2011 06:18 GMT
#134
I enjoyed the series though I would've like to see what happened in the Shakuras game had IdrA not messed up on his first attack and lost too many banes.

Are bunkers 2x3 size or something? I thought the patch made it so 2 bunkers don't wall. So either the patch only affected double pylon walls, or metalopolis has weird ramps.

edit: Oh and also, Congrats Jinro!!! GL in the semifinals!
slip.
Profile Joined July 2010
United States50 Posts
January 20 2011 06:45 GMT
#135
nice, been waiting all day for this...

kind of disappointed jinro just kind of....jinrolled him...
was hoping to see something worth replaying :D

good job jinro tho, hope he wins it and then TL will seriously be known as a force to be reckoned with.(not that they arent already)
smoke-->drink-->craft
SnowFantasy
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
4173 Posts
January 20 2011 06:57 GMT
#136
On January 20 2011 09:18 Tennet wrote:
Did anyone else think of this + Show Spoiler +
after watching game 2?


Nope,

I think it is more like this:
+ Show Spoiler +
khellian
Profile Joined February 2010
Korea (South)922 Posts
January 20 2011 07:48 GMT
#137
Awsome Jinro. You are my hero!
Calvin[Deck]
Profile Joined November 2010
Denmark88 Posts
January 20 2011 07:48 GMT
#138
On January 20 2011 15:18 Jonoman92 wrote:
I enjoyed the series though I would've like to see what happened in the Shakuras game had IdrA not messed up on his first attack and lost too many banes.

Are bunkers 2x3 size or something? I thought the patch made it so 2 bunkers don't wall. So either the patch only affected double pylon walls, or metalopolis has weird ramps.


Bunkers are 3x3.
khellian
Profile Joined February 2010
Korea (South)922 Posts
January 20 2011 07:55 GMT
#139
On January 20 2011 15:57 SnowFantasy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2011 09:18 Tennet wrote:
Did anyone else think of this + Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpmnIr_787w
after watching game 2?


Nope,

I think it is more like this:
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-tPIF5fyWU

OMG haha, haven't seen that before. Hilarous! ^_^
utyske
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Denmark185 Posts
January 20 2011 07:56 GMT
#140
Congrats Jinro, and nice to throw a f-bomb in the interview for good measure. :D

Hope to see you in the finals.
He's not the fastest zergling in the control group - Day9
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 125
Vindicta 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11446
Artosis 561
Bale 11
League of Legends
Doublelift3954
JimRising 581
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox712
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4687
Khaldor1107
Other Games
summit1g8368
shahzam631
FrodaN141
Mew2King95
ArmadaUGS93
NeuroSwarm77
ViBE59
JuggernautJason41
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV200
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream71
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 38
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 29
• blackmanpl 20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie676
• Scarra455
• Shiphtur202
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 4m
Stellar Fest
14h 4m
OSC
23h 4m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 11h
Online Event
1d 12h
FEL
1d 17h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.