• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:09
CEST 06:09
KST 13:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7776 users

[OSL] Korean Air Starleague Final - Page 3

Forum Index > News
92 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
pyr0ma5ta
Profile Joined May 2010
United States458 Posts
May 30 2010 01:31 GMT
#41
Lies, Effort didn't deny Flash bonjwa status. Flash denied himself bonjwa status. Why 13cc D: D: D: FML.
"I made you a zergling, but I eated it." - Defiler
TwoToneTerran
Profile Joined March 2009
United States8841 Posts
May 30 2010 01:31 GMT
#42
But I'm still critical of your article! Surely that means you lump me in with the regular masses!

>:[
Remember Violet.
Yuusha
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan34 Posts
May 30 2010 01:35 GMT
#43
great read, thanks for the article
Inkblood
Profile Joined February 2010
United States463 Posts
May 30 2010 01:40 GMT
#44
On May 30 2010 08:34 Hot_Bid wrote:
savior fans have effort, boxer fans have fantasy, oov fans have flash (sort of), nada fans have baby, all with their little quirks that make them so similar. bisu needs a little brother, a mini-bisu on skt or his slump is going to kill his fans.


Very interesting, I'd never thought about players like Nada and Baby like that. But when you point it out, it does make sense. Oh, and even though I'm not particularly fond of Bisu, a mini-Bisu would be pretty cool.

Congratulations to Effort on the win.
corumjhaelen
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
France6884 Posts
May 30 2010 01:48 GMT
#45

There is now a contest for the #1 zerg spot.

Really ?
No, really ?
I'm sorry, CJ fanboys, but I still like sAviOr way more than EffOrt. His play was inspiring. I see nothing of his spark here, just Flash being nervous, and failing at mind games, while game 2 clearly showed he did not need to try his luck. Nerves I'd say.
For me Jaedong is still miles ahead, and I think he would be the more favoured player by far against anyone.
Very good battle reports though, and I did appreciate the article, even if I don't agree with some parts =)
‎numquam se plus agere quam nihil cum ageret, numquam minus solum esse quam cum solus esset
Von
Profile Joined May 2009
United States363 Posts
May 30 2010 01:49 GMT
#46
Somebody has to say it:

I'm a Flash fan, seems like a good kid from what I can see.

But what player of his caliber goes 13 CC in the final match of the OSL championship on a two player map.

It is not sacrilege to suggest the possibility that - with the understanding that the future of Korean SC and Kespa now in doubt, and the possibility of the country going to war, the kid decided to follow his friends and fix the finals for a hefty sum.

Although nobody wants to entertain this, he might be thinking about his future and the future of his family and decided to take the cash.

13 CC? C'mon ...

.
If its not fun I dont want it.
darktreb
Profile Joined May 2007
United States3019 Posts
May 30 2010 02:05 GMT
#47
On May 30 2010 10:49 Von wrote:
Somebody has to say it:

I'm a Flash fan, seems like a good kid from what I can see.

But what player of his caliber goes 13 CC in the final match of the OSL championship on a two player map.

It is not sacrilege to suggest the possibility that - with the understanding that the future of Korean SC and Kespa now in doubt, and the possibility of the country going to war, the kid decided to follow his friends and fix the finals for a hefty sum.

Although nobody wants to entertain this, he might be thinking about his future and the future of his family and decided to take the cash.

13 CC? C'mon ...

.


If I was trying to throw a match I probably wouldn't utilize incredible game sense (game 1) or claw my way back to win a game from a bad position (game 2), then go for a build that gives me a huge advantage if successful (game 5).

You gotta be kidding me.
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
May 30 2010 02:39 GMT
#48

[*]The Flash Bonjwa theory is dead. Die-hard followers of this school will continue to try and spread its teachings, but their discredited words will now go largely unheeded. Flash will have to be content with being merely “the best player in world.”


Damn, if this could only be publicized in the MSL Grand Finals thread. Don't understand why people are still trying to anoint him as bonjwa. Get oh so defensive when I simply try to suggest that Flash is the best player, but he's not bonjwa level.
God Bless
Brett
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Australia3823 Posts
May 30 2010 02:46 GMT
#49
On May 30 2010 11:39 Roffles wrote:
Show nested quote +

[*]The Flash Bonjwa theory is dead. Die-hard followers of this school will continue to try and spread its teachings, but their discredited words will now go largely unheeded. Flash will have to be content with being merely “the best player in world.”


Damn, if this could only be publicized in the MSL Grand Finals thread. Don't understand why people are still trying to anoint him as bonjwa. Get oh so defensive when I simply try to suggest that Flash is the best player, but he's not bonjwa level.

Errr

Bonjwas lost starleague finals and random games too bro, it's ok...

I couldn't care less if they call him a bonjwa or not (I'm just a bitter protoss player/fan and it's not like my race is good enough to ever produce one), but the comparison to others is completely valid IMO.
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8178 Posts
May 30 2010 03:01 GMT
#50
in my heart I'll always be saying that this was Kal's OSL lol

good write-up
Free Palestine
tree.hugger
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Philadelphia, PA10406 Posts
May 30 2010 03:08 GMT
#51
Good write up. Good finals. Thank you very much for your diligent and comprehensive coverage!
ModeratorEffOrt, Snow, GuMiho, and Team Liquid
OpticalShot
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada6330 Posts
May 30 2010 03:10 GMT
#52
I don't think the players themselves care as much as we (the fans) do about the bonjwa theory. The word has been brought up in several interviews and I recall at least Jaedong saying he doesn't want to be called that. Perhaps they're more content with their unique (and cool... I think) nicknames like "The Ultimate Weapon // God of Terran" and "Tyrant".
[TLMS] REBOOT
J1.au
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia3596 Posts
May 30 2010 03:49 GMT
#53
On May 30 2010 11:39 Roffles wrote:
Show nested quote +

[*]The Flash Bonjwa theory is dead. Die-hard followers of this school will continue to try and spread its teachings, but their discredited words will now go largely unheeded. Flash will have to be content with being merely “the best player in world.”


Damn, if this could only be publicized in the MSL Grand Finals thread. Don't understand why people are still trying to anoint him as bonjwa. Get oh so defensive when I simply try to suggest that Flash is the best player, but he's not bonjwa level.

Remember when Savior won dual finals? Oh that's right, it never happened.

I guess he wasn't a bonjwa.
hyst.eric.al
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2332 Posts
May 30 2010 04:34 GMT
#54
the ending was so touching.

though i saw the finals a while ago, i was eagerly awaiting the article, and it did not disappoint. thank you.
Leta , BeSt, Calm fan forever! 김정우, I am sorry I ever lost faith in you.
SoManyDeadLings
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada255 Posts
May 30 2010 04:47 GMT
#55
I can't help but hate Effort's face, he looks like an ugly elf.

Still, he beat Flash, something that

+ Show Spoiler +
the Dong couldn't even do without power outage (+150 to apm and +2 ranks).
wsrgry
okum
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
France5779 Posts
May 30 2010 04:54 GMT
#56
On May 30 2010 11:39 Roffles wrote:
Show nested quote +

[*]The Flash Bonjwa theory is dead. Die-hard followers of this school will continue to try and spread its teachings, but their discredited words will now go largely unheeded. Flash will have to be content with being merely “the best player in world.”


Damn, if this could only be publicized in the MSL Grand Finals thread. Don't understand why people are still trying to anoint him as bonjwa. Get oh so defensive when I simply try to suggest that Flash is the best player, but he's not bonjwa level.

People do this because it makes the antifans hysterical
Flash fan before it was cool | Coiner of "jangbang"
InTheFade
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1721 Posts
May 30 2010 06:05 GMT
#57
I didn't notice Kwark's "morally it should have been a loss" line until now. That's just fucking stupid lol
... Knowmsayin'?
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-30 06:26:40
May 30 2010 06:25 GMT
#58
The Flash bonjwa theory is far from dead wax! Watch him dual final for the third consecutive season
On May 30 2010 11:46 Brett wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2010 11:39 Roffles wrote:

[*]The Flash Bonjwa theory is dead. Die-hard followers of this school will continue to try and spread its teachings, but their discredited words will now go largely unheeded. Flash will have to be content with being merely “the best player in world.”


Damn, if this could only be publicized in the MSL Grand Finals thread. Don't understand why people are still trying to anoint him as bonjwa. Get oh so defensive when I simply try to suggest that Flash is the best player, but he's not bonjwa level.

Errr

Bonjwas lost starleague finals and random games too bro, it's ok...
Yea I mean, Oov got trounced by July, Savior lost to Yooi and stuff etc. Even if Flash won I doubt we would be calling him a bonjwa just yet. One more season to go imo.
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
Parnage
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States7414 Posts
May 30 2010 06:25 GMT
#59
Really nice write-up but I gotta give a big ol "wtf" to the whole flash b word is dead. That's something I disagree with completely. No he's not at that level yet but to call it dead is premature. I doubt he's going to pull a mass slump anytime soon and he's certainly has the playstyle and go for it attitude.

-orb- Fan. Live the Nal_rA dream. || Yordles are cool.
bluetrolls
Profile Joined October 2009
United States139 Posts
May 30 2010 06:33 GMT
#60
On May 30 2010 15:25 Parnage wrote:
Really nice write-up but I gotta give a big ol "wtf" to the whole flash b word is dead. That's something I disagree with completely. No he's not at that level yet but to call it dead is premature. I doubt he's going to pull a mass slump anytime soon and he's certainly has the playstyle and go for it attitude.



Sorry. It is well known that B players in their prime won every single tournament they participated in.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 55
SortOf 36
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2407
Shinee 57
NotJumperer 15
Noble 7
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1487
NeuroSwarm203
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft449
Other Games
summit1g7240
Coldzera 755
JimRising 700
C9.Mang0360
PiGStarcraft263
ArmadaUGS40
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1019
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream341
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo1073
• Rush963
• Stunt204
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 51m
Afreeca Starleague
5h 51m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
19h 51m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.