• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:28
CEST 00:28
KST 07:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8276 users

[TSL] Ro8 Day 2 - Page 31

Forum Index > News
633 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 Next All
oberon
Profile Joined May 2009
United States1320 Posts
February 15 2010 17:47 GMT
#601
On February 16 2010 01:54 abyss wrote:
btw What is Idra trying in korea if he could´nt defeat non-korean?


Seriously? Playing against another top foreigner who has previously played in Korea, he loses 3-2 with the losses being an accidental tap of escape (admittedly the BOs weren't looking great for him at that point) and two proxies, and you question what he's doing in Korea?

--oberon
Tycho
Profile Joined April 2003
Netherlands351 Posts
February 15 2010 17:52 GMT
#602
he's right though
Just enjoy!
Biff The Understudy
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France8194 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-15 18:10:25
February 15 2010 18:08 GMT
#603
On February 16 2010 02:47 oberon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2010 01:54 abyss wrote:
btw What is Idra trying in korea if he could´nt defeat non-korean?


Seriously? Playing against another top foreigner who has previously played in Korea, he loses 3-2 with the losses being an accidental tap of escape (admittedly the BOs weren't looking great for him at that point) and two proxies, and you question what he's doing in Korea?

--oberon

Have you seen good pros playing against top foreigners? It's lolrape every single game. Remember Sea playing in TL Attack against Cloud and JF? It was not even funny, the gap skill was so incredibly huge that he was building marines against Cloud's carriers. Marines!

IdrA is good. After three years playing like a zombie 12 hours a day, you shouldn't be good anymore. You should be a fucking killing machine.

The bos don't explain everything. Look at the game on Outsider. With the scouting information he had, Idra could have played much more safe, get an ebay etc... I don't believe that Sea would have been even bothered by Nony's build.

The last game was nothing lucky from Nony. Nony saw the build, made a grossproxy and ran over Idra. If you don't know what to do when your opponent reacts by going all in against your build, you don't master your build. Period.

Now I don't see Flash canceling his CC in OSL final. It just doesn't happen. You'll tell me that Jaedong canceled a spire once, so it can happen, but that's not bad luck. That's a fucking enormous mistake.
The fellow who is out to burn things up is the counterpart of the fool who thinks he can save the world. The world needs neither to be burned up nor to be saved. The world is, we are. Transients, if we buck it; here to stay if we accept it. ~H.Miller
rackdude
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States882 Posts
February 15 2010 18:15 GMT
#604
On February 16 2010 02:38 Feefee wrote:
Agree! Tastosis is totally up my alley in terms of commentating. I don't mind chill either, but I really can't get myself to like day's ways^^;. Starcraft analysis is great but when you get stuck for 2 minutes to talk about how one overlord is moving slightly downward and how that player's so much better because of it I roll my eyes. Especially when the next game the other player's overlord is the better one =P. Not saying he doesn't have a point, just not the kind of "in depth" commentary I'd like to hear. I cherish the contributions from all four though!


Ditto. I love that for the Day[9] Daily but during the game, I don't care about this. I'm watching it with a friend and watching things blow up. Talk about panda bear guys and give clues as to the big stuff of the game and I'll watch your analysis later after you've seen the whole game to understand it.

Also, I like how this series just totally ended all of the "how do you counter bunker expand" thread. Myth busted. Thank you Nony, I will use that counter well.
Sweet.
rackdude
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States882 Posts
February 15 2010 18:19 GMT
#605
Nony saw the build, made a grossproxy and ran over Idra. If you don't know what to do when your opponent reacts by going all in against your build, you don't master your build. Period.
[/QUOTE]

Exactly, it was not a proxy in my eyes, it's a counter build. And it's a genius counter. Just like the vulture drop that Idra did game 1. It didn't start as a proxy, but he scouted, saw his chance, and unleashed a great counter.


Sweet.
Azarkon
Profile Joined January 2010
United States21060 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-15 19:02:14
February 15 2010 19:01 GMT
#606
On February 16 2010 03:08 Biff The Understudy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2010 02:47 oberon wrote:
On February 16 2010 01:54 abyss wrote:
btw What is Idra trying in korea if he could´nt defeat non-korean?


Seriously? Playing against another top foreigner who has previously played in Korea, he loses 3-2 with the losses being an accidental tap of escape (admittedly the BOs weren't looking great for him at that point) and two proxies, and you question what he's doing in Korea?

--oberon

Have you seen good pros playing against top foreigners? It's lolrape every single game. Remember Sea playing in TL Attack against Cloud and JF? It was not even funny, the gap skill was so incredibly huge that he was building marines against Cloud's carriers. Marines!

IdrA is good. After three years playing like a zombie 12 hours a day, you shouldn't be good anymore. You should be a fucking killing machine.

The bos don't explain everything. Look at the game on Outsider. With the scouting information he had, Idra could have played much more safe, get an ebay etc... I don't believe that Sea would have been even bothered by Nony's build.

The last game was nothing lucky from Nony. Nony saw the build, made a grossproxy and ran over Idra. If you don't know what to do when your opponent reacts by going all in against your build, you don't master your build. Period.

Now I don't see Flash canceling his CC in OSL final. It just doesn't happen. You'll tell me that Jaedong canceled a spire once, so it can happen, but that's not bad luck. That's a fucking enormous mistake.


And if Idra played JF or Cloud, he probably would've raped them too.

Look, I'm not an Idra fanboy but you have to realize what a tactical and mechanical genius Nony is. Nony prepares for his matches and he does so with an instinct that is more often than not spot-on. He regularly beats Korean A-/A players on ICCUP and that just shows how dominant his mechanics are, and I personally think that he is very much a favorite to win this tournament.

Idra is also not on Sea's level - he's a B-teamer, albeit one of the best B-teamers in CJ. Plus he made a stupid mistake, one that will probably be laughed about for the rest of his career. It's not like his training didn't pay off, either, but you can't expect him to do as well as Korean pros simply because he trains in Korea. Talent aside, he's at an obvious disadvantage there not being able to speak Korean.
mmdmmd
Profile Joined June 2007
722 Posts
February 15 2010 19:04 GMT
#607
I think Idra cracks under pressure...

Zanric
Profile Joined July 2007
United States66 Posts
February 15 2010 19:28 GMT
#608
Idra had unlucky scouting on desti and the last game by just missing the PROXY gates. Also with game 2 mistake I honestly see it more as bad luck then a win from Nony. Proxy gates about each game showed me that he can all in. Idra should have tried to just standard fe him and beat him with better play. I am honestly dissapointed in the games.
ArchoN[VenoM]
Profile Joined January 2010
United States90 Posts
February 15 2010 19:30 GMT
#609
i believe i called NoNy over IdrA!! GO TOSS

ENTARO NonY
Life with every breath ~Bushido
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44323 Posts
February 15 2010 19:35 GMT
#610
On February 16 2010 04:28 Zanric wrote:
Idra had unlucky scouting on desti and the last game by just missing the PROXY gates. Also with game 2 mistake I honestly see it more as bad luck then a win from Nony. Proxy gates about each game showed me that he can all in. Idra should have tried to just standard fe him and beat him with better play. I am honestly dissapointed in the games.

In game 5 I'm pretty certain Idra knew exactly what was up. As his first scout scv went down he sent another out going the long way round (not unluckily missing proxies but deliberately avoiding the centre to scout the main undetected). That scout scv saw pylons, probes cut, no tech and a few hundred minerals missing. Idra may not have seen the gateways but he doesn't need to. He's a good enough player to know what a Protoss base should look like at a given time, Nony's build just hard countered pretty awesomely. Perhaps Idra should have abandoned the nat earlier and siege walled with a view to retaking it off a few tanks.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
tinman
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States287 Posts
February 15 2010 19:45 GMT
#611
On February 16 2010 03:08 Biff The Understudy wrote:
Now I don't see Flash canceling his CC in OSL final. It just doesn't happen. You'll tell me that Jaedong canceled a spire once, so it can happen, but that's not bad luck. That's a fucking enormous mistake.


Let me see if I am following your argument here:

1. Pros do not make mistakes like canceling a critical building. "It just doesn't happen."

2. OK. Pros can and have made mistakes like canceling critical buildings. "it can happen."

3. But when pros cancel critical buildings it's really bad. "a fucking enormous mistake."

Hmmm...

I said it in the "Idra 3-0" thread, and I'll say it here. People taking pot shots at Idra while he's down need to learn some fucking dignity.
"Politics is an extravagance, an extravagance about grievances. And poetry is an extravagance about grief. And grievances are something that can be remedied, and griefs are irremediable."
Feefee
Profile Joined November 2009
Canada556 Posts
February 15 2010 19:58 GMT
#612
On February 16 2010 04:45 tinman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2010 03:08 Biff The Understudy wrote:
Now I don't see Flash canceling his CC in OSL final. It just doesn't happen. You'll tell me that Jaedong canceled a spire once, so it can happen, but that's not bad luck. That's a fucking enormous mistake.


Let me see if I am following your argument here:

1. Pros do not make mistakes like canceling a critical building. "It just doesn't happen."

2. OK. Pros can and have made mistakes like canceling critical buildings. "it can happen."

3. But when pros cancel critical buildings it's really bad. "a fucking enormous mistake."

Hmmm...

I said it in the "Idra 3-0" thread, and I'll say it here. People taking pot shots at Idra while he's down need to learn some fucking dignity.


Totally agree.. Especially since he was completely manner in this series: a series of games where even I wouldn't have blamed him for just rage-quitting. He "gave up" game 2, and I'm sure at the end of game 5 he must've been thinking to himself "why didn't I play game 2" or "why didn't I just play a regular siege expand?". I can't imagine how hard it must've been for Idra to type gg in that last game and regardless of how much of an ass he may or may not have been in the past, that took alot of self-control and character.
Bashing and laughing at someone who just lost at something he's dedicated his life to on the other hand shows someone's character too... and I'd say that's alot worse than any Idra rage I've ever seen.
mmdmmd
Profile Joined June 2007
722 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-15 20:05:45
February 15 2010 20:05 GMT
#613
On February 16 2010 04:45 tinman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2010 03:08 Biff The Understudy wrote:
Now I don't see Flash canceling his CC in OSL final. It just doesn't happen. You'll tell me that Jaedong canceled a spire once, so it can happen, but that's not bad luck. That's a fucking enormous mistake.


Let me see if I am following your argument here:

1. Pros do not make mistakes like canceling a critical building. "It just doesn't happen."

2. OK. Pros can and have made mistakes like canceling critical buildings. "it can happen."

3. But when pros cancel critical buildings it's really bad. "a fucking enormous mistake."

Hmmm...

I said it in the "Idra 3-0" thread, and I'll say it here. People taking pot shots at Idra while he's down need to learn some fucking dignity.


I think he means:
Now I don't see Flash canceling his CC in OSL final. It just doesn't happen.

You'll tell me that : "Jaedong canceled a spire once, so it can happen."

But that's not bad luck, that's a fucking enormous mistake.

tinman
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States287 Posts
February 15 2010 20:08 GMT
#614
On February 16 2010 05:05 mmdmmd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2010 04:45 tinman wrote:
On February 16 2010 03:08 Biff The Understudy wrote:
Now I don't see Flash canceling his CC in OSL final. It just doesn't happen. You'll tell me that Jaedong canceled a spire once, so it can happen, but that's not bad luck. That's a fucking enormous mistake.


Let me see if I am following your argument here:

1. Pros do not make mistakes like canceling a critical building. "It just doesn't happen."

2. OK. Pros can and have made mistakes like canceling critical buildings. "it can happen."

3. But when pros cancel critical buildings it's really bad. "a fucking enormous mistake."

Hmmm...

I said it in the "Idra 3-0" thread, and I'll say it here. People taking pot shots at Idra while he's down need to learn some fucking dignity.


I think he means:
Now I don't see Flash canceling his CC in OSL final. It just doesn't happen.

You'll tell me that : "Jaedong canceled a spire once, so it can happen."

But that's not bad luck, that's a fucking enormous mistake.



Yep, I think I made a pretty reasonable summary. But you're right. When you type it out in his words exactly it seems even more ridiculous. I should have taken that tactic.
"Politics is an extravagance, an extravagance about grievances. And poetry is an extravagance about grief. And grievances are something that can be remedied, and griefs are irremediable."
mmdmmd
Profile Joined June 2007
722 Posts
February 15 2010 20:14 GMT
#615
On February 16 2010 05:08 tinman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2010 05:05 mmdmmd wrote:
On February 16 2010 04:45 tinman wrote:
On February 16 2010 03:08 Biff The Understudy wrote:
Now I don't see Flash canceling his CC in OSL final. It just doesn't happen. You'll tell me that Jaedong canceled a spire once, so it can happen, but that's not bad luck. That's a fucking enormous mistake.


Let me see if I am following your argument here:

1. Pros do not make mistakes like canceling a critical building. "It just doesn't happen."

2. OK. Pros can and have made mistakes like canceling critical buildings. "it can happen."

3. But when pros cancel critical buildings it's really bad. "a fucking enormous mistake."

Hmmm...

I said it in the "Idra 3-0" thread, and I'll say it here. People taking pot shots at Idra while he's down need to learn some fucking dignity.


I think he means:
Now I don't see Flash canceling his CC in OSL final. It just doesn't happen.

You'll tell me that : "Jaedong canceled a spire once, so it can happen."

But that's not bad luck, that's a fucking enormous mistake.



Yep, I think I made a pretty reasonable summary. But you're right. When you type it out in his words exactly it seems even more ridiculous. I should have taken that tactic.


Yeah, he kinda contradicted himself with 1st and last statement.
MorroW
Profile Joined August 2008
Sweden3522 Posts
February 15 2010 20:19 GMT
#616
[image loading]
Progamerpls no copy pasterino
Geo.Rion
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
7377 Posts
February 15 2010 20:20 GMT
#617
On February 16 2010 05:19 MorroW wrote:
[image loading]


I watched you make this, and i like it :D
"Protoss is a joke" Liquid`Jinro Okt.1. 2011
MyLastSerenade
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany710 Posts
February 15 2010 20:21 GMT
#618
nice one :<
ColorsOfRainbow
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany354 Posts
February 15 2010 20:23 GMT
#619
LOL!
rackdude
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States882 Posts
February 15 2010 20:23 GMT
#620
On February 16 2010 05:20 Geo.Rion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2010 05:19 MorroW wrote:
[image loading]


I watched you make this, and i like it :D


Proof that toss is imba: it wasn't the escape key that took down the CC. Hero probe?
Sweet.
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 114
ViBE55
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 592
Artosis 300
910 34
Dota 2
monkeys_forever513
League of Legends
JimRising 487
Counter-Strike
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS114
PPMD37
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5468
Liquid`Hasu1436
Other Games
summit1g7170
shahzam548
byalli357
C9.Mang0229
Trikslyr43
ZombieGrub9
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream165
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 108
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki42
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 32m
Kung Fu Cup
12h 32m
Stellar Fest
14h 32m
The PondCast
1d 11h
OSC
1d 14h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.