• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:59
CEST 00:59
KST 07:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7798 users

TL Mafia 3 [Night 5] - Page 14

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 100 Next
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
November 01 2008 14:19 GMT
#261
that's something a mafioso would say >.>
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
Falcynn
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3597 Posts
November 01 2008 14:21 GMT
#262
On November 01 2008 23:17 fanatacist wrote:
Lol kind of silly pointing fingers based on truly random results already but whatever, the way townies chose lynches last game wasn't much better at some points.
hmmm...us using these random lists is so obviously a joke...but you actually seem intimidated by it. Maybe one of your mafia buds is on our list(s)?
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
November 01 2008 14:34 GMT
#263
On November 01 2008 23:21 Falcynn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2008 23:17 fanatacist wrote:
Lol kind of silly pointing fingers based on truly random results already but whatever, the way townies chose lynches last game wasn't much better at some points.
hmmm...us using these random lists is so obviously a joke...but you actually seem intimidated by it. Maybe one of your mafia buds is on our list(s)?

Or maybe I can run the same test a few times and see how many times YOUR name comes up (or edit my results so that I can further put doubt on your reputation). Maybe then you would somehow be a mafia too? Please.
Peace~
Caller
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Poland8075 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-01 14:36:32
November 01 2008 14:36 GMT
#264
On November 01 2008 22:25 Falcynn wrote:
omg awesome! According to that I've figured out who mafia are.

It's
16. Empyrean
28. MidnightGladius
9. MTF
48. Mandalor (again!)
6. Xcetron
8. Mickeymoo
12. Caller
48. Mandalor (he's listed twice somehow so this must make him double mafia)
27. Ace (what? NOOOOOOOOO)
11. wurm

On November 01 2008 22:32 Plexa wrote:
my mafia list:
18. RtS)Night[Mare
6. XCetron
26. iNfuNdiBuLuM
8. mikeymoo
7. BloodyC0bbler
12. Caller
5. Camlito
28. MidnightGladius
36. ulszz
45. FakeSteve[TPR]

4 overlap! they must be true mafia


On November 01 2008 23:12 Lenwe wrote:
12. Caller
2. fusionsdf
10. clazziquai
45. FakeSteve[TPR]
24. bumatlarge
26. iNfuNdiBuLuM
13. Chezinu
38. Amber[LighT]
42. ZBiR
27. Ace

Oh woow, Caller is listed at all three the lists, he must be mafia!


T_T
Watch me fail at Paradox: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=397564
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
November 01 2008 14:40 GMT
#265
I'm going to do what someone else did (I think it was Naruto, maybe not) and compile all the profiles into one easy-to-use list so that we can be more efficient at finding clues and references than we have been... Just letting others know so they don't invest their time in it.
Peace~
Falcynn
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3597 Posts
November 01 2008 14:53 GMT
#266
On November 01 2008 23:34 fanatacist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2008 23:21 Falcynn wrote:
On November 01 2008 23:17 fanatacist wrote:
Lol kind of silly pointing fingers based on truly random results already but whatever, the way townies chose lynches last game wasn't much better at some points.
hmmm...us using these random lists is so obviously a joke...but you actually seem intimidated by it. Maybe one of your mafia buds is on our list(s)?

Or maybe I can run the same test a few times and see how many times YOUR name comes up (or edit my results so that I can further put doubt on your reputation). Maybe then you would somehow be a mafia too? Please.
What? That doesn't even make sense, I just admitted that these tests are a joke (as in I'm not being serious at all with them) yet you're getting pretty defensive about all of this. If you want to run the test a few times and my name comes up...then fine, like I said I'm/we're screwing around and the fact that you're getting defensive about it just seems odd.
Caller
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Poland8075 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-01 14:59:51
November 01 2008 14:59 GMT
#267
I'm announcing mein candidacy for mayor.


Vote for me because I'm sick of being bodyguard and this is the one way I'll have a 100% chance of avoiding said position. Also I has experience pls?

Although there are like 10 other better candidates that I can think of on the top of my head without glossing over roles and whatnot.

edit b/c bold hates me
Watch me fail at Paradox: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=397564
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
November 01 2008 15:00 GMT
#268
On November 01 2008 23:53 Falcynn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2008 23:34 fanatacist wrote:
On November 01 2008 23:21 Falcynn wrote:
On November 01 2008 23:17 fanatacist wrote:
Lol kind of silly pointing fingers based on truly random results already but whatever, the way townies chose lynches last game wasn't much better at some points.
hmmm...us using these random lists is so obviously a joke...but you actually seem intimidated by it. Maybe one of your mafia buds is on our list(s)?

Or maybe I can run the same test a few times and see how many times YOUR name comes up (or edit my results so that I can further put doubt on your reputation). Maybe then you would somehow be a mafia too? Please.
What? That doesn't even make sense, I just admitted that these tests are a joke (as in I'm not being serious at all with them) yet you're getting pretty defensive about all of this. If you want to run the test a few times and my name comes up...then fine, like I said I'm/we're screwing around and the fact that you're getting defensive about it just seems odd.

Lol I said it was silly, so in essence we were saying the same thing, except you pointed a finger for no reason. I could just as easily say you could have an interest in downplaying the results as "screwing around." It's simply pointless and baseless, which is exactly what I said.

I know that the average IQ on TL is around 180, but there are exceptions that might think there is a high chance of real mafia names coming up from these, and I don't want to have people going with random number generators over actual clues that aren't even released yet.
Peace~
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
November 01 2008 15:00 GMT
#269
there are no mayors lol
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
November 01 2008 15:05 GMT
#270
On November 01 2008 23:40 fanatacist wrote:
I'm going to do what someone else did (I think it was Naruto, maybe not) and compile all the profiles into one easy-to-use list so that we can be more efficient at finding clues and references than we have been... Just letting others know so they don't invest their time in it.


I know I made one for last game, I think araav did too
see: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=69426
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-01 15:09:32
November 01 2008 15:08 GMT
#271
On November 02 2008 00:00 fusionsdf wrote:
there are no mayors lol

It might still be smart to nominate a leader of some sort who seems to have a good plan or at least a reputation for being intelligent lol. That way townies can organize a lot better, and I don't think the same kind of misdirection is as likely as it was with Ace. Not to discredit Ace, I liked his system, just there were too many bad interpretations and too many townies.

EDIT: And I'm taking care of the list right now n_n
Peace~
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
November 01 2008 15:10 GMT
#272
nominating a leader just helps the mafia...
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
MTF
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States1739 Posts
November 01 2008 15:23 GMT
#273
Let's not rally behind anybody just yet, town. It isn't a smart thing to do at all, as nobody can be sure of anyone else being trustworthy at this stage; it's all just guesswork. As I was saying earlier, we're going to have to use our own reasoning for once instead of wait for orders to trickle down from above. :p
Think. :)
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
November 01 2008 15:27 GMT
#274
On November 02 2008 00:10 Plexa wrote:
nominating a leader just helps the mafia...

I guess that's true, considering there is no Mayor/Bodyguard position in this game, and there won't be enough medics if mafia all decide to gang up. On the other hand, it doesn't make much difference, seeing as it is usually the active posters who are pointing closer to the truth in clue analysis that are taken out out of self-preservation, and those are also the people who would be good choices for leadership. Either way, people who are useful will perish. At least having a set group of people that could organize things between each other while they perish one by one will help us narrow down the list of mafia, and if these people are smart, they won't have blue roles. That way by eliminating the active clue analyzers, we would also be potentially forcing the mafia to focus on plain townies, while leaving the useful blue names alive for longer.
Peace~
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
November 01 2008 16:06 GMT
#275
Ok. Don't rally behind anyone at the moment, mainly because they could be mafia. That way, when they release some "convincing" clues, it could just be the mafia giving out false information. Actually, the mafia could rally the town to lynch another mafia member the first day, thus building trust in the first mafia member. Their kill count won't decrease, anyway. Then, they'll say something along the lines of "hey paramedics, protect me please! I think I'm going to die because I'm giving you guys all this information!". At the end, when all the paramedics are protecting him, if the first mafia was the suicide bomber, he'd just go and suicide himself against some random townie, killing a townie, and multiple paramedics along with him.

So watch out for that. That's what I was going to do if I were mafia.
Moderator
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20169 Posts
November 01 2008 16:09 GMT
#276
"How i would have done it" by O.J. Simpson Empyrean
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
November 01 2008 16:16 GMT
#277
On November 02 2008 01:06 Empyrean wrote:
Ok. Don't rally behind anyone at the moment, mainly because they could be mafia. That way, when they release some "convincing" clues, it could just be the mafia giving out false information. Actually, the mafia could rally the town to lynch another mafia member the first day, thus building trust in the first mafia member. Their kill count won't decrease, anyway. Then, they'll say something along the lines of "hey paramedics, protect me please! I think I'm going to die because I'm giving you guys all this information!". At the end, when all the paramedics are protecting him, if the first mafia was the suicide bomber, he'd just go and suicide himself against some random townie, killing a townie, and multiple paramedics along with him.

So watch out for that. That's what I was going to do if I were mafia.

Uh, wouldn't detectives obviously have to check out any person that is garnering a lot of support and authority?
Peace~
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
November 01 2008 16:35 GMT
#278
On November 02 2008 01:16 fanatacist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2008 01:06 Empyrean wrote:
Ok. Don't rally behind anyone at the moment, mainly because they could be mafia. That way, when they release some "convincing" clues, it could just be the mafia giving out false information. Actually, the mafia could rally the town to lynch another mafia member the first day, thus building trust in the first mafia member. Their kill count won't decrease, anyway. Then, they'll say something along the lines of "hey paramedics, protect me please! I think I'm going to die because I'm giving you guys all this information!". At the end, when all the paramedics are protecting him, if the first mafia was the suicide bomber, he'd just go and suicide himself against some random townie, killing a townie, and multiple paramedics along with him.

So watch out for that. That's what I was going to do if I were mafia.

Uh, wouldn't detectives obviously have to check out any person that is garnering a lot of support and authority?


yeah but its pretty hard for town to tell the difference between DT and mafia
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
November 01 2008 16:40 GMT
#279
The problem with no bodyguards is that you have no one to rally behind, so any detective will be scared to reveal his findings, and lots of mafia will post fake detective findings. It's going to be really hard for town to win this, unless Chuiu posts really easy freaking clues.
Moderator
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-01 16:43:49
November 01 2008 16:41 GMT
#280
On November 02 2008 01:35 fusionsdf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2008 01:16 fanatacist wrote:
On November 02 2008 01:06 Empyrean wrote:
Ok. Don't rally behind anyone at the moment, mainly because they could be mafia. That way, when they release some "convincing" clues, it could just be the mafia giving out false information. Actually, the mafia could rally the town to lynch another mafia member the first day, thus building trust in the first mafia member. Their kill count won't decrease, anyway. Then, they'll say something along the lines of "hey paramedics, protect me please! I think I'm going to die because I'm giving you guys all this information!". At the end, when all the paramedics are protecting him, if the first mafia was the suicide bomber, he'd just go and suicide himself against some random townie, killing a townie, and multiple paramedics along with him.

So watch out for that. That's what I was going to do if I were mafia.

Uh, wouldn't detectives obviously have to check out any person that is garnering a lot of support and authority?


yeah but its pretty hard for town to tell the difference between DT and mafia

There is a pretty easy way to check it, but it would waste time that could spent doing other things. But I can see what you mean, how it would still be somewhat based on trust I guess.

EDIT: Empyrean's post says it better, I forgot for a moment that it'd be dangerous for DTs to let ANYONE know their identity now.
Peace~
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 100 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O189
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 492
ZZZero.O 189
Hyun 109
Dota 2
monkeys_forever427
League of Legends
Doublelift4167
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4252
Liquid`Hasu471
Other Games
summit1g14235
FrodaN1670
JimRising 384
KnowMe239
Livibee187
ViBE95
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick821
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 125
• Adnapsc2 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra1085
Other Games
• imaqtpie1101
• Shiphtur445
• tFFMrPink 12
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 1m
Patches Events
16h 1m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 1m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 1m
OSC
1d
OSC
1d 13h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.