• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:49
CEST 19:49
KST 02:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10585 users

A Classy Game of Mafia - Page 429

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 427 428 429 430 431 555 Next
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 14 2024 22:42 GMT
#8561
lol whatever
Computer says mafia
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 14 2024 22:42 GMT
#8562
On March 15 2024 07:37 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2024 07:35 Vivax wrote:
And I still have good reason to believe Jealous is mafia so.
Who cares about the others if me and JAT agree on one.

I actually hate how Jealous has played today, but if DP is telling the truth about how towny Jealous was in that mason QT I'm just riding that.


Let’s just lynch him. He is on the borderline of my Poe anyway and it keeps you alive.

My town read of you is more certain than my jealous town read.

Hopefully if he is town he spews town and we can swap. But if he is town vivax is goi g to mislynch him anyway at some point.

And I could be wrong and he could be mafia.

Problem is tomorrow is going to be difficult for you if jealous flips town. But you will just have to cross that bridge when you get to it.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
March 14 2024 22:43 GMT
#8563
his frustration with cc getting town read for their behavior makes sense if he is mafia.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 14 2024 22:43 GMT
#8564
On March 15 2024 07:42 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2024 07:37 Palmar wrote:
On March 15 2024 07:35 Vivax wrote:
And I still have good reason to believe Jealous is mafia so.
Who cares about the others if me and JAT agree on one.

I actually hate how Jealous has played today, but if DP is telling the truth about how towny Jealous was in that mason QT I'm just riding that.


Let’s just lynch him. He is on the borderline of my Poe anyway and it keeps you alive.

My town read of you is more certain than my jealous town read.

Hopefully if he is town he spews town and we can swap. But if he is town vivax is goi g to mislynch him anyway at some point.

And I could be wrong and he could be mafia.

Problem is tomorrow is going to be difficult for you if jealous flips town. But you will just have to cross that bridge when you get to it.

I'm fine with pressure.

I would prefer to not have it, but that is not my choice to make.
Computer says mafia
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 14 2024 22:44 GMT
#8565
On March 06 2024 09:32 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 09:03 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 05 2024 23:12 sandroba wrote:
On March 05 2024 21:30 Koshi wrote:
On March 05 2024 11:13 sandroba wrote:
On March 05 2024 10:58 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 05 2024 10:54 sandroba wrote:
I feel like it's harder to argue against vivax mayor as mafia. Rels and palmar both entered the thread with that mindset. Pretty much ignored most of what happened for most of the thread but making sure they say what they were supposed to say as town about the vivax claim as soon as possible.
There are obviously town reasons to mayor vivax, but there is some reluctance I expect from townies. I think the over-eagerness to jump on the vivax train right away points to mafia.


Hard disagree. I find people who just accept it for what it is and make the correct play in regards to him is townie.

The scummy thing is talking around in circles about how shit vivax’s claim was, that he might not be town or if he is he is not confirmed

It’s a huge waste of time and shits up the thread and is also incredibly easy content to fake.

I found palmars approach to the situation very townie for example

Are you still lock town on trfel btw?

Didn't see much of people saying he might not be town. Shitting up the thread discussing the claim being bad I agree, CopCake is the main person I saw driving the discussion back to that.
I think saying he is prob town and prob not the best mayor, at least initially is the reaction I would expect from townies. Remember, even though scum might not want something, it's hard to actually push something when you think it would be obvious anti-town. Scum wants to hide and push things in a subtle way.
Not locked town on trfel since he hasn't been very active, but wouldn't lynch him d1 in a million years. What he has posted so far after the initial setup-focused posts looked super townie to me.

I really really really don't see that.
Last game I was so sure he was town.
What is he doing here? Everytime he gets pressured he moves away from it. Slam asks him about Oats. He gives a good answer but it lacks conviction. It looks way more as a mafia seeing Town!Oats be inquisitive than a townie figuring out Town!Oats is inquisitive.
Slam then pressures on and while replying to somebody else he @slam and disengages with him.

This can't be the same Tfrel as last game? You went 4 days with him. Under pressure by marv/DP/rayn iirc. This looks the same to you? I should follow your lead on him but it seems impossible.


I disagree. Trfel last game was pretty similar to this, he did some burst of activity then vanished for a while. I was suspicious of him all the way through d1/n1 because of the structuring of his posts and they style of his activity. He was not a high volume poster and conviction was not his forte. He basically had the game figured out d3 but wasn't pushing any of it. It took me some deep diving to actually identify he was correct on everything. I think it's stupid to look into him as the quality of what he has posted has been very good so far. If he is mafia it will be hard for him to keep up as the game progresses and he has to justify hard positions and keep up appearances.

My current suspect list is palmar/jat/rels, rels being the one I feel less strongly about. Palmar looks more and more tame and awful every time he posts.

JAT: catches up to the thread but basically only ever comments on Koshi related stuff. A lot of his commentary is meaningless and his questions are not sharp. He apparently wants Koshi for mayor, but this is not a real position since koshi himself wants vivax and it doesn't seem like jat really wants it or thinks it's a realistic thing that will happen. It just fills up space and buddies up to koshi.

On March 05 2024 20:59 justanothertownie wrote:
Apparently people are dead set on making Vivax mayor. They cannot all be mafia even though I would bet a lot of money that mafia is on board.
The logic apparently being Vivax wouldn't make such a bad play as mafia. The disconnect here is that he did the bad play regardless of his alignment but for some reason only town can be bad in people's minds. I disagree with that but I really don't know what to do about it except for complaining and offering a better alternative which is koshi right now. What am I supposed to do in your opinion, rayn?


The above post is complacent and disinterested. The reasoning for Vivax possibly being mafia is very shallow analysis and very lazily written, not trying to convince anyone.
JAT is solely focused on this mayor thing, he is not very involved and he is making no effort to actually find anyone that is suspicious. He is sticking to easy topics and being lazy in his comments. Even the mayor thing he doesn't care enough about to make any real contributions. He cares about nothing, yet he is still posting here pretending to engage.
JAT is mafia.


I mean, this is a great post by sandroba, and an example for why I have them as one of my top town reads. I see what they're saying. I just still struggle to see JAT fighting so hard against a Vivax mayor campaign for so long because it looks so bad. Does the scum team not try to stop him and say "hey, this isn't really a good idea and looks bad?" Does JAT just ignore his scum team and go rogue? It just doesn't seem like it makes sense, and I know that they've played a lot of games... Does a veteran player really do all that, knowing the attention it will bring to their position?

So, for now, going to ##Vote: Trfel and revisit Alakaslam to see exactly when and where they cop-claimed.


Just look at this post. High praises for Sandro then votes his townread.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 14 2024 22:44 GMT
#8566
On March 15 2024 07:43 iamperfection wrote:
his frustration with cc getting town read for their behavior makes sense if he is mafia.

hahaha yeah I did love that.

Computer says mafia
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 14 2024 22:44 GMT
#8567
Also the wording super awk
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 14 2024 22:44 GMT
#8568
On March 15 2024 07:43 iamperfection wrote:
his frustration with cc getting town read for their behavior makes sense if he is mafia.


It also makes sense if you are town and think she is mafia
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 14 2024 22:48 GMT
#8569
iamp dp and vivax you are sure? I cant chnage anymore.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 14 2024 22:48 GMT
#8570
Superscummers JAT and Palmar win
I had a good night of sleep.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 14 2024 22:49 GMT
#8571

My conclusion on Palmar: "I just don’t feel as much conviction about it and don’t want to jump on the boat when there are people who I find more suspicious/less beneficial to the game."

Let's remove JAT from the equation briefly, due to what I just wrote above. Let's then compare the above statement to what I wrote about Trfel:
"I would appreciate people pointing out exactly what was so bad about their conduct on D1 because I'm not seeing it, though to be fair they have been less active for a bit and it's been dozens of pages since I read something they wrote and I caught up in one big chunk."

Koshi then made a case on Trfel that I could understand, and I view Koshi as very town. So, I think that is a sufficient explanation for why I parked on Trfel; if that isn't enough conviction for you, then I guess it is what it is. By my estimation, that is enough, given the circumstances (D1 + catch-up).


This is an excerpt from one of his posts.

You ain't telling me this is how a townie forms reads.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 14 2024 22:49 GMT
#8572
On March 15 2024 07:48 Koshi wrote:
Superscummers JAT and Palmar win

Writhe peasant
Computer says mafia
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 14 2024 22:49 GMT
#8573
##unvote
##vote jealous
I had a good night of sleep.
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 14 2024 22:49 GMT
#8574
On March 15 2024 07:48 Koshi wrote:
iamp dp and vivax you are sure? I cant chnage anymore.


I’m not sure that jealous is mafia but I think palmar is town more than I think jealous is town.

And vivax will never let this go so it’s a risk mitigation flip
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 14 2024 22:50 GMT
#8575
I sure hope its the other team.
I had a good night of sleep.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 14 2024 22:51 GMT
#8576
On March 06 2024 08:48 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 08:28 Palmar wrote:
I think Jealous is complaining (he didn't quote it correctly) about my post encouraging Hapa to just play at a lower effort level.

I disagree with Jealous, I think that was a very townie post by me.

Yea, my apologies, I only realized on the re-read that I somehow lost that post into somewhere else. But, I'm glad you brought it up. For posterity (so everyone else knows what I was referring to):

Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 23:58 Palmar wrote:
On March 05 2024 23:50 Hapahauli wrote:
Not a damn thing. I don't want to be a buzz kill or anything, but I literally cannot bring myself to even try every time I sit down and try to start

You don't actually have to read the thread, god knows I haven't.

Just start talking with people. Mafia is incredibly hard and these people spam like their life depends on it. You just kinda have to accept that you're not playing at 100% capacity and be okay with it.


Admitting you haven't read the thread just doesn't feel like a smart thing to be doing regardless of whether you're mafia or town IMO, but especially town. If you're not trying to catch inconsistencies, see apparent partnerships or dissect whether a conflict is genuine or manufactured, what are we doing here? Like, yea, asking questions and using that info to inform your decisions is a thing you're supposed to do, but without a frame of reference it just feels like it's not helping town and can just lead to more confusion than anything.

But, you're a more experienced player than me and might have just been trying to be kind to Hapa, I can concede that. In general I liked how you've been posting recently for the most part, but you were also under the microscope for a bit so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Looking forward to see what you do going forward.


His reply to Palmar is very SvS-y
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 14 2024 22:51 GMT
#8577
Hope I'm wrong
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 14 2024 22:52 GMT
#8578
On March 15 2024 07:51 Vivax wrote:
Hope I'm wrong

???
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 14 2024 22:52 GMT
#8579
On March 15 2024 07:52 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2024 07:51 Vivax wrote:
Hope I'm wrong

???


That Palmar is mafia with him.
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
March 14 2024 22:53 GMT
#8580
this game is so fucking hard wtf.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
Prev 1 427 428 429 430 431 555 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
IntoTheiNu 1068
ComeBackTV 914
TaKeTV 564
SteadfastSC514
LamboSC2359
IndyStarCraft 217
Rex106
EnkiAlexander 68
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 514
LamboSC2 359
mouzHeroMarine 292
IndyStarCraft 208
ProTech134
Rex 97
UpATreeSC 87
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25267
Shuttle 1366
Mini 530
firebathero 215
Snow 149
Rush 146
hero 48
ToSsGirL 30
Bale 18
Shine 16
[ Show more ]
Trap 16
Sexy 13
Djem5 3
Dota 2
Gorgc7446
qojqva1698
420jenkins149
Counter-Strike
fl0m1557
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1876
crisheroes1200
Liquid`Hasu487
XaKoH 179
MindelVK11
Other Games
Grubby1354
ceh9659
FrodaN599
Beastyqt538
ArmadaUGS172
Hui .162
KnowMe148
QueenE107
C9.Mang089
Trikslyr81
Mew2King66
Dewaltoss44
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream71
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 6
• Adnapsc2 2
• intothetv
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 37
• FirePhoenix13
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
• 80smullet 0
League of Legends
• Nemesis3431
• TFBlade1090
Other Games
• imaqtpie734
• WagamamaTV267
• Shiphtur266
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 11m
Stellar Fest
19h 11m
OSC
1d 4h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 16h
Online Event
1d 17h
FEL
1d 22h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 23h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.