• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:01
CEST 09:01
KST 16:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6695 users

A Classy Game of Mafia - Page 425

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 423 424 425 426 427 555 Next
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 14 2024 22:04 GMT
#8481
On March 15 2024 07:03 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2024 06:57 DarthPunk wrote:
The problem with cake is that she is so insanely hard to lynch that it might just end up getting palmar lynched trying to go for her. Even though I think she is the best shot at mafia flipping this phase.

Here's the thing.

I am absolutely in the "CC almost can't be mafia because these antics are just so ridiculous" camp.

Is the case against her just "let's kill her because I'm going to believe she is better than this?"


Well I disagree. Her antics were this ridiculous in her last mafia game too.

I nailed her to the wall last game on day one.

And she wriggled out of it just like she is doing here
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 14 2024 22:04 GMT
#8482
On March 15 2024 07:02 Vivax wrote:
JAT got himself scumread enough so he could sheep me on Jealous and pretend it's his read so he got himself a case for acting all smug in postgame

I even apologized to you for not seeing it earlier. What are you talking about.
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
March 14 2024 22:05 GMT
#8483
On March 15 2024 07:03 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2024 06:57 DarthPunk wrote:
The problem with cake is that she is so insanely hard to lynch that it might just end up getting palmar lynched trying to go for her. Even though I think she is the best shot at mafia flipping this phase.

Here's the thing.

I am absolutely in the "CC almost can't be mafia because these antics are just so ridiculous" camp.

Is the case against her just "let's kill her because I'm going to believe she is better than this?"

The martyrdom makes no sense though. Like why so obsessed with DP.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 14 2024 22:05 GMT
#8484
On March 15 2024 07:04 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2024 19:08 Palmar wrote:
On March 14 2024 18:56 Koshi wrote:
On March 14 2024 07:12 Palmar wrote:
I'm just gonna go say Rels is lock town.


You said this. And then twice that Rels has TMI.
Nothing else in past 12 hours.

So weak.


Rels is town because he has been extremely right this game, outside of his tunnel on me.

The TMI joke is simply because of just how much he has been right, I thought you'd understand that.

The only weird actual possible TMI thing that he has done is his response to MZs case on me:

On March 14 2024 10:35 Rels wrote:
On March 13 2024 15:59 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
I have been hesitant to scumread Palmar bc I had that TR of him early, masoned him but got blown off so I couldn’t make any real determination, and he was drunk posting with me. That said I think Rels looks terrible right now and some of that has been his association and disassociation with his Palmar reads. Palmar has also been scumreading me for most of the game so I’ve been careful trying to not let that cloud my judgement. That said, it’s time to address his scumread of me or lack thereof.
On March 09 2024 07:01 Palmar wrote:
God I'm so lazy and bad at this game.

This sums up my read of Palmar tonight.

On March 06 2024 06:54 Palmar wrote:
As for other people.

I stand by the sandroba townread, koshi is probably town too. I like Oats a lot more now for actually making sense. I also like JSL and Vivax.

I'd need VE to actually step up some again, same with Trfel. I had some reads on both but they're weak. DMB is also a weak maybe townread.

iamperfection is making sense, but the guy is smart enough to make sense when there is no pressure on him as either alignment.

DP is a little more wildcardy to me this game, I haven't always agreed with his takes.

TTS, JEalous, Hapa just need to be policied out.

I've not read or even noticed Rels at all which is a bad omen.

rayn is weird to me. I'm again getting the feeling that he's just posting a lot and saying very little, also I really, really don't like that he's not pressuring marv at all in the mason QT it seems.

Idk about CopCake, nothjin one way or the other.

MZ looks kinda bad, but it's very weak as I haven't really read him.

MZ bad but haven’t read him
On March 06 2024 08:55 Palmar wrote:
I'm finalizing here.

I like a bunch of mafia in:

rayn
jat
rels
mz
tts

then there's gonna be some mafia in the people who should be killed on policy

vivax
trfel
hapa


then there's the people that need constant monitoring and need to improve

iamp
marv
jealous
copcake
slam
ve

and finally we have the people I have somewhere from mild to good reasons to think are town

sandro
oats
dp
dmb
jls
koshi

None of the lists are in any particular order

I don't really think Trfel will flip mafia. It's just a "I believe in people" read that he wouldn't fuck off like that as mafia with the whole "If I get lynched I get lynched" thing. But it's an objectively good lynch so I'm not going to fight it all that hard. Leaving my vote on jat. I've been burned before by placing too much faith in people not doing crazy things as mafia so it's whatever.

I’m in his mafia category
On March 09 2024 07:11 Palmar wrote:
Essentially it comes down to:

I really need to filter dive CopCake, DMB, MZ, Rels and JSL because there's like 3 mafia in there.

One is probably either Oats or Slam, unless we're just the unluckiest town in the world.

Also if Slam and Vivax are genuinely town and both claimed on day 1, we deserve to lose.

There's gonna be a hidden mafia there somewhere.

MZ in the Mafia but have to filter dive category
On March 09 2024 07:30 Palmar wrote:
MZ doesn't look great in our topic.

But to be fair, neither do I cause I don't talk to him.

More MZ not great
On March 10 2024 20:21 Palmar wrote:
There is 3 mafia in mz/rels/jat/iamp/ve

MZ again
On March 10 2024 20:56 Palmar wrote:
I actually think we should be lynching MZ as an alternative

Lynch MZ
On March 11 2024 19:22 Palmar wrote:
On March 11 2024 18:33 JacobStrangelove wrote:
Yeah like okay this is the world Cop DMB DP and I and VIvax are all town.

Lets even say VE is scum.

Who's the last two?

Lol this doesn't matter for now.

To put the game in perspective, we're basically in a normal 13 player game of town vs mafia. 10 town, 3 mafia.

But we have two VERY likely "blue checks" (you and DP). We also have like 200 pages of bullshit that can be parsed.

We're in a great position. We can mislynch 3 times and still be in the game. The current state of the game demands simple playing. We're not in lylo, we're not even close to lylo. We should not be tinfoiling for hidden mafia. We need to be killing the people who have stereotypical scum characteristics, and first and foremost amongst them is VE. He is not interested in the game, isn't helping to solve it, seems to not be enjoying playing etc.

Consider it a pseudo policy lynch, which is almost always a good idea in day 1 on a normal game.

I can't stress enough how important it's to just keep a happy disposition. We're in a stronger than expected position. There is no need to panic, just calmly keep analyzing the game.

The one weakness of the game is that very little information can be gained from the last 2 days because they have been semi-default lynches. Which is another reason why resolving VE is great for the state of the game. I'll happily reconsider if VE starts looking supertown.

Also to answer your question... MZ and JAT?

MZ with a big old question mark
On March 12 2024 00:54 Palmar wrote:
By the way I think CC should not be lynched and have a slight townread. I understand the waffling and self-doubt and giving up can be faked, but it still is more likely to come from town than scum.

I also think dmb sounds a lot more reasonable this game than last game.

For one reason or another, I'm not really considering the following people right now:

dp
jls
koshi
cc
dmb
vivax

Then there's like two people I just need to actually get off my ass and read

jealous
iamp
rels

and then there's the people I actively think could be mafia

jat
mz
ve

Remember, to me I'm really thinking about the game as a "day 1" situation where we have plenty of time and mislynches left. I am not really questioning weaker townreads and tinfoil theories at the moment, there is no need to.

Oh boy guess who’s scum again
On March 12 2024 23:39 Palmar wrote:
Still don't like MZ, but again, it's just preliminary filtering, not a full read.

I have been Palmar’s main scumread most of the game and he has done literally nothing about it. Every single time he calls me scum, he caveats his read so that while I’m his number one choice, he’s always got a reason why he’s not sure, maybe he just puts a question mark there or maybe it’s because he hasn’t read my filter, or maybe he needs to reread me. We're all busy but it's D3 and he's still using these excuses. He’s used every reason possible to not actually stand behind his scumread of me, push his scumread of me, or do anything but sheep along with whatever wagon that’s been convenient for the last 2 days. He is not actually serious about this read. It gets lost in the churn of the thread since he hasn’t been very active but it’s painfully clear when you read his filter. I think he keeps expecting to come back to the thread and for there to be a wagon on me that he can hop on and push but then have plausible deniability because he won't have been the primary push for me despite shading me the entire game.

I think Palmar is scum with Rels, tbd who their teammate is at the moment. I have a part 2 of this analysis which is going to look at the connections between those two but that’s gonna have to wait bc its way past my bedtime and I have work tomorrow.

Not on bad post on Palmar TBH
Kinda townie from MZ too, thinking about the game as a whole and thinking about Palmar and I being partner. If Palmar is town, that means that this analysis is thrown out the window as soon as one of us flips


After declaring Rels lock town this is giving me pause. Maybe he should not be in my town circle and Koshi can be a full member instead.

The point is, Rels knows I'm more likely to flip than him. So instead of commenting on the quality of the case, or refuting it, he simply goes for the "Well when Palmar is dead and flips town I'm cleared" approach.

It's a weird takeaway, considering that Rels personally thinks I'm mafia and has thought that the entire game. Yet the only option/outcome of MZs analysis he comments on is the reverse of what Rels actually thinks is going to happen. He seems not worried at all what it means if I flip mafia, which then in turn, according to MZ should implicate Rels.


Show nested quote +
On March 14 2024 19:19 Palmar wrote:
Someone vet my work, am I blowing this out of proportion? I

1: MZ makes a case on me and rels being mafia together

2: Rels says case is good, and if I flip town it has to be thrown out the window

Problem with 2 is Rels doesn't think I'm town, so why mention it, instead of pointing out why the case is wrong in associating us as mafia.
The solution to that is that Rels KNOWS I'm town and is using the opportunity to clear himself on my townflip.

If Rels is town and thinks I'm mafia, why isn't his primary concern to convince MZ that the association is wrong? Instead of just saying "good case, means I'm clear when palmar flips town".

I agree that addition is a bit weird. But why write that as mafia?

Why write it as town?

Like he's essentially agreeing that if his scumread is right he is mafia. Like how does that make any sense at all?
Computer says mafia
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 14 2024 22:06 GMT
#8485
Here is the thing. Cake self votes calls me mafia and starts rapid posting.

Is the maturing genuine or is it a tactic to not get lynched?

Does it seem like she is giving up when she self votes?

If not, then does town do self vote matyring all game or does mafia?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
CopCake
Profile Joined August 2015
4378 Posts
March 14 2024 22:06 GMT
#8486
On March 15 2024 07:02 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2024 07:00 CopCake wrote:
On March 15 2024 06:58 DarthPunk wrote:
Can I ask a question.

Why do I not get to lynch my scum read this game when you all know I am town?


Incorrect, you are not cleared.

You could be mafia who got a gun from a gunsmith.


And shot mafia cake???! And then made it so my team had to have an additional 2 mislynches or whatever?

You are out of your god damn mind. You never ever got off trying to cast doubt on me. You just pretended when you were forced to.

Get her out.


Oh and I gambled to get lynched?

Did I control rels and iamp or something?

You win towncred. That is it.

And yes, forced and I did it because I am town.

In how many worlds have you worked to see me town? No one.

The next misslynch was probably DMB or JAT after this.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 14 2024 22:06 GMT
#8487
I know he isn't directly, that's just the conclusion of following his logic through
Computer says mafia
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 14 2024 22:06 GMT
#8488
On March 15 2024 07:05 iamperfection wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2024 07:03 Palmar wrote:
On March 15 2024 06:57 DarthPunk wrote:
The problem with cake is that she is so insanely hard to lynch that it might just end up getting palmar lynched trying to go for her. Even though I think she is the best shot at mafia flipping this phase.

Here's the thing.

I am absolutely in the "CC almost can't be mafia because these antics are just so ridiculous" camp.

Is the case against her just "let's kill her because I'm going to believe she is better than this?"

The martyrdom makes no sense though. Like why so obsessed with DP.


!!!
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 14 2024 22:07 GMT
#8489
I mean for someone claiming to be martyring she's still got a lot of fight in her
Computer says mafia
CopCake
Profile Joined August 2015
4378 Posts
March 14 2024 22:07 GMT
#8490
On March 15 2024 07:06 DarthPunk wrote:
Here is the thing. Cake self votes calls me mafia and starts rapid posting.

Is the maturing genuine or is it a tactic to not get lynched?

Does it seem like she is giving up when she self votes?

If not, then does town do self vote matyring all game or does mafia?


It is not martyring, I am fed up.

If I am not lynched I am gonna ask for replacement.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 14 2024 22:07 GMT
#8491
On March 15 2024 07:01 CopCake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2024 06:59 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 15 2024 06:58 CopCake wrote:
On March 15 2024 06:53 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 15 2024 06:45 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 15 2024 06:40 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 15 2024 06:36 DarthPunk wrote:
JAT ote cake with me. We aren’t voting jealous today that is a wasted vote.

That's not better than Palmar. I'll have to politely decline.


wtf why is it not better than your Town read palmar when cake is in your Poe?

I townread both. CC is only in the tinfoil scenario.


Walk me in this

Have I actually me tunneled on DP?

I mean I try - from my perspective - go to other directions and he comes like and repeats I am mafia.

There are several attemps of me trying to work with him but I get ignored.

Notice how he just woke up? And said lynch cake when he doesnt even cared to check my reads - bad or not - about iamp.

It is difficult to play this game.

My scenario of iamp/DP/palmar works perfectly

Jacob gives him a gun
Kill TTS to win town cred

Similar to what Oats and Iamp were doing while trying to lynch TTS the second day to save Oats


DP shot mafia. We gained a mislynch. If he is alive in LYLO you can think about killing him. Right now that is not productive.


Yeah but to be alive to get shit on me?

I am not insane.

At least when I am dead and I flip town, the REAL town will look at him.

I don't think people will look more closely than they would anyways if he survives several more nightphases. A better idea is to try and lynch mafia today. Even if dp is mafia there are more.
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
March 14 2024 22:07 GMT
#8492
On March 15 2024 07:07 CopCake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2024 07:06 DarthPunk wrote:
Here is the thing. Cake self votes calls me mafia and starts rapid posting.

Is the maturing genuine or is it a tactic to not get lynched?

Does it seem like she is giving up when she self votes?

If not, then does town do self vote matyring all game or does mafia?


It is not martyring, I am fed up.

If I am not lynched I am gonna ask for replacement.

okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 14 2024 22:08 GMT
#8493
On March 15 2024 07:04 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2024 07:02 Vivax wrote:
JAT got himself scumread enough so he could sheep me on Jealous and pretend it's his read so he got himself a case for acting all smug in postgame

I even apologized to you for not seeing it earlier. What are you talking about.


Well we are two on a Jealous wagon and it's looking mighty weak and I'm at work.
If you want to towncase anyone it should be Palmar and yourself or we never get the traction.
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 14 2024 22:08 GMT
#8494
On March 15 2024 07:06 CopCake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2024 07:02 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 15 2024 07:00 CopCake wrote:
On March 15 2024 06:58 DarthPunk wrote:
Can I ask a question.

Why do I not get to lynch my scum read this game when you all know I am town?


Incorrect, you are not cleared.

You could be mafia who got a gun from a gunsmith.


And shot mafia cake???! And then made it so my team had to have an additional 2 mislynches or whatever?

You are out of your god damn mind. You never ever got off trying to cast doubt on me. You just pretended when you were forced to.

Get her out.


Oh and I gambled to get lynched?

Did I control rels and iamp or something?

You win towncred. That is it.

And yes, forced and I did it because I am town.

In how many worlds have you worked to see me town? No one.

The next misslynch was probably DMB or JAT after this.


This is bullshit btw. I considered Ymir and discarded it knowing full well that if I scum read you you would scum read me.

Your scum reads and martyring are clearly motivated from a position of self preservation.

That is why you are mafia.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
March 14 2024 22:08 GMT
#8495
dick move analysis? from that last post town right?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 14 2024 22:09 GMT
#8496
I mean there's like 5 good reasons to lynch CC if we wanna go down that road

1) She has been caught making clear contradictions at least twice in the game
2) She is martyring, which should be a policy lynch
3) Koshi made a towncase on her
4) DP, my brother, my captain, my king

I figured I'd have more so 4 will do.
Computer says mafia
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 14 2024 22:09 GMT
#8497
On March 15 2024 07:05 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2024 07:04 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 14 2024 19:08 Palmar wrote:
On March 14 2024 18:56 Koshi wrote:
On March 14 2024 07:12 Palmar wrote:
I'm just gonna go say Rels is lock town.


You said this. And then twice that Rels has TMI.
Nothing else in past 12 hours.

So weak.


Rels is town because he has been extremely right this game, outside of his tunnel on me.

The TMI joke is simply because of just how much he has been right, I thought you'd understand that.

The only weird actual possible TMI thing that he has done is his response to MZs case on me:

On March 14 2024 10:35 Rels wrote:
On March 13 2024 15:59 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
I have been hesitant to scumread Palmar bc I had that TR of him early, masoned him but got blown off so I couldn’t make any real determination, and he was drunk posting with me. That said I think Rels looks terrible right now and some of that has been his association and disassociation with his Palmar reads. Palmar has also been scumreading me for most of the game so I’ve been careful trying to not let that cloud my judgement. That said, it’s time to address his scumread of me or lack thereof.
On March 09 2024 07:01 Palmar wrote:
God I'm so lazy and bad at this game.

This sums up my read of Palmar tonight.

On March 06 2024 06:54 Palmar wrote:
As for other people.

I stand by the sandroba townread, koshi is probably town too. I like Oats a lot more now for actually making sense. I also like JSL and Vivax.

I'd need VE to actually step up some again, same with Trfel. I had some reads on both but they're weak. DMB is also a weak maybe townread.

iamperfection is making sense, but the guy is smart enough to make sense when there is no pressure on him as either alignment.

DP is a little more wildcardy to me this game, I haven't always agreed with his takes.

TTS, JEalous, Hapa just need to be policied out.

I've not read or even noticed Rels at all which is a bad omen.

rayn is weird to me. I'm again getting the feeling that he's just posting a lot and saying very little, also I really, really don't like that he's not pressuring marv at all in the mason QT it seems.

Idk about CopCake, nothjin one way or the other.

MZ looks kinda bad, but it's very weak as I haven't really read him.

MZ bad but haven’t read him
On March 06 2024 08:55 Palmar wrote:
I'm finalizing here.

I like a bunch of mafia in:

rayn
jat
rels
mz
tts

then there's gonna be some mafia in the people who should be killed on policy

vivax
trfel
hapa


then there's the people that need constant monitoring and need to improve

iamp
marv
jealous
copcake
slam
ve

and finally we have the people I have somewhere from mild to good reasons to think are town

sandro
oats
dp
dmb
jls
koshi

None of the lists are in any particular order

I don't really think Trfel will flip mafia. It's just a "I believe in people" read that he wouldn't fuck off like that as mafia with the whole "If I get lynched I get lynched" thing. But it's an objectively good lynch so I'm not going to fight it all that hard. Leaving my vote on jat. I've been burned before by placing too much faith in people not doing crazy things as mafia so it's whatever.

I’m in his mafia category
On March 09 2024 07:11 Palmar wrote:
Essentially it comes down to:

I really need to filter dive CopCake, DMB, MZ, Rels and JSL because there's like 3 mafia in there.

One is probably either Oats or Slam, unless we're just the unluckiest town in the world.

Also if Slam and Vivax are genuinely town and both claimed on day 1, we deserve to lose.

There's gonna be a hidden mafia there somewhere.

MZ in the Mafia but have to filter dive category
On March 09 2024 07:30 Palmar wrote:
MZ doesn't look great in our topic.

But to be fair, neither do I cause I don't talk to him.

More MZ not great
On March 10 2024 20:21 Palmar wrote:
There is 3 mafia in mz/rels/jat/iamp/ve

MZ again
On March 10 2024 20:56 Palmar wrote:
I actually think we should be lynching MZ as an alternative

Lynch MZ
On March 11 2024 19:22 Palmar wrote:
On March 11 2024 18:33 JacobStrangelove wrote:
Yeah like okay this is the world Cop DMB DP and I and VIvax are all town.

Lets even say VE is scum.

Who's the last two?

Lol this doesn't matter for now.

To put the game in perspective, we're basically in a normal 13 player game of town vs mafia. 10 town, 3 mafia.

But we have two VERY likely "blue checks" (you and DP). We also have like 200 pages of bullshit that can be parsed.

We're in a great position. We can mislynch 3 times and still be in the game. The current state of the game demands simple playing. We're not in lylo, we're not even close to lylo. We should not be tinfoiling for hidden mafia. We need to be killing the people who have stereotypical scum characteristics, and first and foremost amongst them is VE. He is not interested in the game, isn't helping to solve it, seems to not be enjoying playing etc.

Consider it a pseudo policy lynch, which is almost always a good idea in day 1 on a normal game.

I can't stress enough how important it's to just keep a happy disposition. We're in a stronger than expected position. There is no need to panic, just calmly keep analyzing the game.

The one weakness of the game is that very little information can be gained from the last 2 days because they have been semi-default lynches. Which is another reason why resolving VE is great for the state of the game. I'll happily reconsider if VE starts looking supertown.

Also to answer your question... MZ and JAT?

MZ with a big old question mark
On March 12 2024 00:54 Palmar wrote:
By the way I think CC should not be lynched and have a slight townread. I understand the waffling and self-doubt and giving up can be faked, but it still is more likely to come from town than scum.

I also think dmb sounds a lot more reasonable this game than last game.

For one reason or another, I'm not really considering the following people right now:

dp
jls
koshi
cc
dmb
vivax

Then there's like two people I just need to actually get off my ass and read

jealous
iamp
rels

and then there's the people I actively think could be mafia

jat
mz
ve

Remember, to me I'm really thinking about the game as a "day 1" situation where we have plenty of time and mislynches left. I am not really questioning weaker townreads and tinfoil theories at the moment, there is no need to.

Oh boy guess who’s scum again
On March 12 2024 23:39 Palmar wrote:
Still don't like MZ, but again, it's just preliminary filtering, not a full read.

I have been Palmar’s main scumread most of the game and he has done literally nothing about it. Every single time he calls me scum, he caveats his read so that while I’m his number one choice, he’s always got a reason why he’s not sure, maybe he just puts a question mark there or maybe it’s because he hasn’t read my filter, or maybe he needs to reread me. We're all busy but it's D3 and he's still using these excuses. He’s used every reason possible to not actually stand behind his scumread of me, push his scumread of me, or do anything but sheep along with whatever wagon that’s been convenient for the last 2 days. He is not actually serious about this read. It gets lost in the churn of the thread since he hasn’t been very active but it’s painfully clear when you read his filter. I think he keeps expecting to come back to the thread and for there to be a wagon on me that he can hop on and push but then have plausible deniability because he won't have been the primary push for me despite shading me the entire game.

I think Palmar is scum with Rels, tbd who their teammate is at the moment. I have a part 2 of this analysis which is going to look at the connections between those two but that’s gonna have to wait bc its way past my bedtime and I have work tomorrow.

Not on bad post on Palmar TBH
Kinda townie from MZ too, thinking about the game as a whole and thinking about Palmar and I being partner. If Palmar is town, that means that this analysis is thrown out the window as soon as one of us flips


After declaring Rels lock town this is giving me pause. Maybe he should not be in my town circle and Koshi can be a full member instead.

The point is, Rels knows I'm more likely to flip than him. So instead of commenting on the quality of the case, or refuting it, he simply goes for the "Well when Palmar is dead and flips town I'm cleared" approach.

It's a weird takeaway, considering that Rels personally thinks I'm mafia and has thought that the entire game. Yet the only option/outcome of MZs analysis he comments on is the reverse of what Rels actually thinks is going to happen. He seems not worried at all what it means if I flip mafia, which then in turn, according to MZ should implicate Rels.


On March 14 2024 19:19 Palmar wrote:
Someone vet my work, am I blowing this out of proportion? I

1: MZ makes a case on me and rels being mafia together

2: Rels says case is good, and if I flip town it has to be thrown out the window

Problem with 2 is Rels doesn't think I'm town, so why mention it, instead of pointing out why the case is wrong in associating us as mafia.
The solution to that is that Rels KNOWS I'm town and is using the opportunity to clear himself on my townflip.

If Rels is town and thinks I'm mafia, why isn't his primary concern to convince MZ that the association is wrong? Instead of just saying "good case, means I'm clear when palmar flips town".

I agree that addition is a bit weird. But why write that as mafia?

Why write it as town?

Like he's essentially agreeing that if his scumread is right he is mafia. Like how does that make any sense at all?

I don't understand it either way. But apart from that Rels has been doing really well.
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 14 2024 22:10 GMT
#8498
On March 15 2024 07:08 iamperfection wrote:
dick move analysis? from that last post town right?

The replacement one?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
March 14 2024 22:10 GMT
#8499
On March 15 2024 07:09 Palmar wrote:
I mean there's like 5 good reasons to lynch CC if we wanna go down that road

1) She has been caught making clear contradictions at least twice in the game
2) She is martyring, which should be a policy lynch
3) Koshi made a towncase on her
4) DP, my brother, my captain, my king

I figured I'd have more so 4 will do.

I mean they just asked for replacement though. Dick move analysis right?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
March 14 2024 22:10 GMT
#8500
On March 15 2024 07:10 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2024 07:08 iamperfection wrote:
dick move analysis? from that last post town right?

The replacement one?

yeah
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
Prev 1 423 424 425 426 427 555 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 181
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 916
910 731
ggaemo 657
actioN 429
Mong 283
Yoon 117
Shuttle 108
Dewaltoss 89
Hm[arnc] 36
soO 26
[ Show more ]
yabsab 24
Bale 22
ZergMaN 20
Noble 17
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm182
Fuzer 22
League of Legends
JimRising 582
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor785
Other Games
summit1g8846
ceh9391
Happy380
PiGStarcraft240
Mew2King120
ArmadaUGS55
trigger9
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream124
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2348
League of Legends
• Rush1343
• Stunt441
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
5h 59m
OSC
14h 59m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 2h
Online Event
1d 3h
FEL
1d 8h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 9h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 11h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.