• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:18
CEST 23:18
KST 06:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)50Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8097 users

A Classy Game of Mafia - Page 405

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 403 404 405 406 407 555 Next
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 14 2024 10:29 GMT
#8081
Your flip will not help anything. If you flip mafia it changes nothing and if you flip town it changes nothing. B

If you have to sheep, who are you sheeping and why?
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 14 2024 10:31 GMT
#8082
On March 14 2024 19:26 CopCake wrote:

Then I have DP and Koshi saying if Palmar is town then Cake is mafia.

It feels like a set up.

Yes, yes, I know you are scumming reading Palmar but why said “it is not impossible”

I would rather get lynched, because tomorrow is going to be “cake vs someone else, maybe Jat”

Idk, I dont want to be the mafia tool of misslynches.

Like c’mon it is like

“Cake is super mafia lets lynch her” VE flips town

And next day

“Lets lynch Palmar” but if he flips town then is cake

You have been convinced I am mafia, why do I get saved? Why do I got saved by iamp?

At least with my flip, THE TOWN will consider the WORLDS i have proposed. They will see I was right on Tfrel, on VE, and that my actions are not for TMI.



This is also very weird.

You're voting me, so this shouldn't be a concern at all? If you think I'm mafia, you can't really be worried about me flipping town and people going after you. Unless you don't think I'm mafia? But if that's the case why are you voting me?

How can lynching your scumread be a setup to lynch you?
Computer says mafia
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 14 2024 10:32 GMT
#8083
You are getting called mafia. Why is it such a problem suddenly? Try to step back and remove all the anxiety from your body. Then come back.
I had a good night of sleep.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 14 2024 10:35 GMT
#8084
Koshi read point on Rels
Computer says mafia
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 14 2024 10:35 GMT
#8085
In my world in which Palmar/JAT/Jealous are mafia. Only 1 is playing atm. And he is doing a lot but not talking about the other 2. So I am lynching within those 3.

I dont know what to do with CC/DMB this game. Can't solve it. And if it is so difficult I think town.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 14 2024 10:38 GMT
#8086
On March 14 2024 19:35 Palmar wrote:
Koshi read point on Rels

I did and I dont get it fully. Too many quotes.
MZ says you waffle too much on him.
MZ says something about Rels I dont understand.
Then Rels says that MZ is thinking about the game and willing to throw his theories out of the window if a part of the theory is wrong.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 14 2024 10:41 GMT
#8087
On March 14 2024 19:38 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2024 19:35 Palmar wrote:
Koshi read point on Rels

I did and I dont get it fully. Too many quotes.
MZ says you waffle too much on him.
MZ says something about Rels I dont understand.
Then Rels says that MZ is thinking about the game and willing to throw his theories out of the window if a part of the theory is wrong.

And then you say that is scummy because Rels forces an idea in the thread that when you flip town, Rels must be town because he is not mafia with you...
I had a good night of sleep.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 14 2024 10:48 GMT
#8088
What MZ says is not important. The entire point is this is what Rels reads out of the case:

On March 14 2024 10:35 Rels wrote:
Not on bad post on Palmar TBH
Kinda townie from MZ too, thinking about the game as a whole and thinking about Palmar and I being partner. If Palmar is town, that means that this analysis is thrown out the window as soon as one of us flips


Essentially Rels understands this to be an associative case, ie: hinging on us being mafia TOGETHER. His claims that if either of us flip (town), the case goes out the window.

So in a town!Rels world, the only outcome of the case where it has any merit is if I flip mafia, which would implicate him. But why would town!Rels just accept that outcome

Additionally, town!Rels should know he's town and he thinks I'm scum!Palmar, so why is he okay with an association where the case concludes we're scum!Rels and scum!Palmar or town!Rels and town!Palmar. Either he should be attacking the idea that our alignments are linked in any way, or he should be changing his stance on me.

Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 14 2024 10:51 GMT
#8089
For the record I think MZs case is stupid.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 14 2024 10:56 GMT
#8090
I should filter dive jat and find his hard hitting takes on rels
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 14 2024 11:02 GMT
#8091
Hey JAT has actually talked about Rels a bit. Even made a case on him on day1.

then made a terrible read where he said the stupid "1 mafia between Palmar and Rels". I really hope someone called that terrible at the time.

The seemed to back off to the point of claiming mindmeld.

I need an update from jat on rels. Maybe jat should convince me to lynch Rels?
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 14 2024 11:05 GMT
#8092
On March 07 2024 00:15 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 22:26 justanothertownie wrote:
Other wagon(s) will come later. The conclusion from my own is 1 of Rels and Palmar + MZ are likely mafia. Would mean the team was spread out well which is what I expect.

Terrible analysis


Oh thank god, someone did. Thank you for your service citizen.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 14 2024 11:10 GMT
#8093
After all JAT is my #1 supporter
Computer says mafia
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 14 2024 11:17 GMT
#8094
With wagons being on Palmar and myself this day is not heading into a promising direction. Mafia is doing well.
On March 14 2024 11:18 DarthPunk wrote:
Here is the reason for lynching JAT in my estimation.

Low impact Low presence.


I think I need to get defending myself out of the way first. I know people don't like it but I cannot help myself.

Attacks like the one by dp I quoted here annoy me to no end. I picked him because he is one the more recent examples and almost certainly town but this has been done by multiple people. Very rarely has anyone in this game listed an actual gameplay related reason for me to be mafia. Ironically, Iamp just did something of the sort with my Koshi post but that is more or less everything I read from all the people defaulting to calling me mafia. I think it is just lazyness compared with mafia hiding themselves well.

So - low impact, low presence.

To what kind of standard are you holding me here? My last towngame happened like 10 years ago. I spend an unhealthy amount of time on this game already and always made my opinions known. Unlike you, I also got my target lynched every single day and except for day1 where I my hand was forced I also pushed for it. And as you noticed yourself even there I made sure that my vote ended up in the right place.

Examples:

Oats vs. VE:
On March 09 2024 09:31 justanothertownie wrote:
I will go to bed now. The wagons are quite close right now so please be reasonable. Even if VE is mafia we still need to lynch oats. You are only postponing it if we are not doing it today and then people will again take this as an excuse not to play for a full dayphase.

That was when it was really close and right before I left.
On March 09 2024 09:39 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2024 09:36 iamperfection wrote:
can we get a vote count

I think it is like 8:6 Oats:VE now

I was getting us back on track before people like DP did.

VE vs. Copcake:
On March 12 2024 03:59 justanothertownie wrote:
My conclusion is that this is still the correct lynch. VE just started playing today when his lynch seemed certain. You could ask would a mafia player be so obvious/honest about just trying to survive as he was but yes, I think VE would absolutely do that. He just gets lazy as mafia if my memory does not fail me.

On March 12 2024 04:14 justanothertownie wrote:
Just stay the course. I am pretty confident he is mafia.

On March 12 2024 07:27 justanothertownie wrote:
But let's be honest for a minute - no towncredit should be given for martyring. In either case. I can understand it a bit better in copcakes case since DP was harassing her really hard. But she also kept coming back to fight him so she is not innocent either. The VE martyr is just overall ridiculous.

On March 12 2024 07:35 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2024 07:33 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 12 2024 07:31 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 12 2024 07:28 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 12 2024 07:27 justanothertownie wrote:
But let's be honest for a minute - no towncredit should be given for martyring. In either case. I can understand it a bit better in copcakes case since DP was harassing her really hard. But she also kept coming back to fight him so she is not innocent either. The VE martyr is just overall ridiculous.


Fuck off with that, since when was I harassing her?

Im playing the game and I think she is mafia, for good reasons.

Yes, and you way of doing that is extremely aggressive. I experienced that day1.


Why do you not want to lynch cake over VE?

Because I think the chance of VE being mafia is higher. I thought I made that quite clear.

On March 12 2024 07:38 justanothertownie wrote:
Look, I don't even know why I am defending her so I will stop. VE is just obvious mafia.


Does any of this mean I have to be town? No. But I cared about every single lynch this game and was very clear about what I was pushing. And I was online and interacting more than I should have.

So kindly fuck off with your low presence - low impact. Anyone that is serious about lynching me today please do me a favor and reason out your read so I can actually refute it and get us back on track.

I will quickly walk the dog and start the filter diving. I have not found who I would want to lynch today and I agree that this is a valid criticism of my play.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 14 2024 11:27 GMT
#8095
Need more DP in my life to help
Computer says mafia
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 14 2024 11:30 GMT
#8096
On March 14 2024 20:27 Palmar wrote:
Need more DP in my life to help

Our schedules are the polar opposite.

I’m about to go to sleep I can post for a bit though. What’s up?

"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 14 2024 11:33 GMT
#8097
I’m not really sure why koshi still thinks you and JAT can be partnered here. You just ensured mafia would die in that case by making the counter wagon to yourself your scum partner so that is interesting to me.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 14 2024 11:33 GMT
#8098
On March 14 2024 20:30 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2024 20:27 Palmar wrote:
Need more DP in my life to help

Our schedules are the polar opposite.

I’m about to go to sleep I can post for a bit though. What’s up?


Read what I wrote about Rels' reaction to MZ case.

Read jat's initial defense.

Give thoughts.
Computer says mafia
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 14 2024 11:33 GMT
#8099
On March 14 2024 19:48 Palmar wrote:
What MZ says is not important. The entire point is this is what Rels reads out of the case:

Show nested quote +
On March 14 2024 10:35 Rels wrote:
Not on bad post on Palmar TBH
Kinda townie from MZ too, thinking about the game as a whole and thinking about Palmar and I being partner. If Palmar is town, that means that this analysis is thrown out the window as soon as one of us flips


Essentially Rels understands this to be an associative case, ie: hinging on us being mafia TOGETHER. His claims that if either of us flip (town), the case goes out the window.

So in a town!Rels world, the only outcome of the case where it has any merit is if I flip mafia, which would implicate him. But why would town!Rels just accept that outcome

Additionally, town!Rels should know he's town and he thinks I'm scum!Palmar, so why is he okay with an association where the case concludes we're scum!Rels and scum!Palmar or town!Rels and town!Palmar. Either he should be attacking the idea that our alignments are linked in any way, or he should be changing his stance on me.




This post is pretty egregious.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 14 2024 11:34 GMT
#8100
On March 14 2024 20:33 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2024 19:48 Palmar wrote:
What MZ says is not important. The entire point is this is what Rels reads out of the case:

On March 14 2024 10:35 Rels wrote:
Not on bad post on Palmar TBH
Kinda townie from MZ too, thinking about the game as a whole and thinking about Palmar and I being partner. If Palmar is town, that means that this analysis is thrown out the window as soon as one of us flips


Essentially Rels understands this to be an associative case, ie: hinging on us being mafia TOGETHER. His claims that if either of us flip (town), the case goes out the window.

So in a town!Rels world, the only outcome of the case where it has any merit is if I flip mafia, which would implicate him. But why would town!Rels just accept that outcome

Additionally, town!Rels should know he's town and he thinks I'm scum!Palmar, so why is he okay with an association where the case concludes we're scum!Rels and scum!Palmar or town!Rels and town!Palmar. Either he should be attacking the idea that our alignments are linked in any way, or he should be changing his stance on me.




This post is pretty egregious.


The one being quoted by rels
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Prev 1 403 404 405 406 407 555 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 42m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 126
ProTech126
Nina 97
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13440
Bale 11
League of Legends
Doublelift2457
JimRising 246
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5746
Khaldor1549
Liquid`Hasu749
Other Games
summit1g7129
fl0m848
shahzam459
C9.Mang0199
FrodaN192
KnowMe143
ArmadaUGS91
ToD81
JuggernautJason62
Mew2King53
ViBE18
PPMD17
NeuroSwarm13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV193
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream72
Other Games
angryscii11
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen119
Other Games
• imaqtpie876
• Shiphtur210
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 42m
Stellar Fest
15h 42m
OSC
1d
CranKy Ducklings
1d 12h
Online Event
1d 13h
FEL
1d 18h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 19h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 21h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.