• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:21
CEST 16:21
KST 23:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8901 users

A Classy Game of Mafia - Page 31

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 65 Next
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
March 11 2024 16:34 GMT
#6661
On March 05 2024 00:45 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 14:53 ToTheStars wrote:
Read pages 8/9/10 only

Vote: trfel

Terrible post, care to explain this read?


On March 05 2024 01:04 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 20:50 Vivax wrote:
Well for TTS it‘s an easy explanation: He also didn‘t like Trfel‘s posts.

Do you agree with the reasons he didn't like it? I get where he's coming from since he's a new player but I'm not sure what you see wrong with it?


I made a horrible list with TTS + Oats town at this point in the game and explained why I put TTS as town and look at what MZ replied.

He just backed off his attack with this post:

On March 05 2024 01:02 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 20:36 ToTheStars wrote:
I don't think it's fair to say that I posted and then disappeared. I am not going to be playing mafia all day long. Don't expect me to post more than like 5-10 posts per 10-20 pages. Also I am not used to games with over 20 players so I'm likely going to put minimal effort until day 4 or 5, or whenever we get to a more manageable number of players (I'd say 11 living players is when I start really thriving).

I'm a he btw (because I saw somebuddy ask).

And I voted trfel because I didn't like their entrance. It felt a bit off tone-wise, like fake maybe. I am not even close to being convinced they are mafia, but where I come from you use votes to apply pressure, which allows you to develop reads better. I don't really have a grasp on the game right now or on the style of mafia you play here, so 90% of what has been posted so far sounds completely irrelevant to anyone's alignment, and tbh I'm kinda grasping at straws to have any sort of read (and still end up with extremely weak reads). But yes, I am gonna vote my weak scumread because if a wagon starts then I could use the way other players engage with it to start having more reads.

OK this is fair in my eyes, TL towns are very chatty and if you come from somewhere that's not I could believe this position.


And read my post as if I was seeing something wrong with him when it was the opposite so that's indication of TMI because he was expecting me to scumread him.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
March 11 2024 16:51 GMT
#6668
On March 12 2024 01:40 iamperfection wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2024 01:34 Vivax wrote:
On March 05 2024 00:45 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 14:53 ToTheStars wrote:
Read pages 8/9/10 only

Vote: trfel

Terrible post, care to explain this read?


On March 05 2024 01:04 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 20:50 Vivax wrote:
Well for TTS it‘s an easy explanation: He also didn‘t like Trfel‘s posts.

Do you agree with the reasons he didn't like it? I get where he's coming from since he's a new player but I'm not sure what you see wrong with it?


I made a horrible list with TTS + Oats town at this point in the game and explained why I put TTS as town and look at what MZ replied.

He just backed off his attack with this post:

On March 05 2024 01:02 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 20:36 ToTheStars wrote:
I don't think it's fair to say that I posted and then disappeared. I am not going to be playing mafia all day long. Don't expect me to post more than like 5-10 posts per 10-20 pages. Also I am not used to games with over 20 players so I'm likely going to put minimal effort until day 4 or 5, or whenever we get to a more manageable number of players (I'd say 11 living players is when I start really thriving).

I'm a he btw (because I saw somebuddy ask).

And I voted trfel because I didn't like their entrance. It felt a bit off tone-wise, like fake maybe. I am not even close to being convinced they are mafia, but where I come from you use votes to apply pressure, which allows you to develop reads better. I don't really have a grasp on the game right now or on the style of mafia you play here, so 90% of what has been posted so far sounds completely irrelevant to anyone's alignment, and tbh I'm kinda grasping at straws to have any sort of read (and still end up with extremely weak reads). But yes, I am gonna vote my weak scumread because if a wagon starts then I could use the way other players engage with it to start having more reads.

OK this is fair in my eyes, TL towns are very chatty and if you come from somewhere that's not I could believe this position.


And read my post as if I was seeing something wrong with him when it was the opposite so that's indication of TMI because he was expecting me to scumread him.

That last response is reasonable no?


No he misread it as me wanting to scumread TTS for it when I was giving him a townread for scumreading Trfel.
He must've thought TTS looked scummy and that I was pointing it out when I was doing the opposite so imo it gave MZ away by replying like that.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
March 11 2024 16:57 GMT
#6673
On March 12 2024 01:55 iamperfection wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2024 01:51 Vivax wrote:
On March 12 2024 01:40 iamperfection wrote:
On March 12 2024 01:34 Vivax wrote:
On March 05 2024 00:45 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 14:53 ToTheStars wrote:
Read pages 8/9/10 only

Vote: trfel

Terrible post, care to explain this read?


On March 05 2024 01:04 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 20:50 Vivax wrote:
Well for TTS it‘s an easy explanation: He also didn‘t like Trfel‘s posts.

Do you agree with the reasons he didn't like it? I get where he's coming from since he's a new player but I'm not sure what you see wrong with it?


I made a horrible list with TTS + Oats town at this point in the game and explained why I put TTS as town and look at what MZ replied.

He just backed off his attack with this post:

On March 05 2024 01:02 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 20:36 ToTheStars wrote:
I don't think it's fair to say that I posted and then disappeared. I am not going to be playing mafia all day long. Don't expect me to post more than like 5-10 posts per 10-20 pages. Also I am not used to games with over 20 players so I'm likely going to put minimal effort until day 4 or 5, or whenever we get to a more manageable number of players (I'd say 11 living players is when I start really thriving).

I'm a he btw (because I saw somebuddy ask).

And I voted trfel because I didn't like their entrance. It felt a bit off tone-wise, like fake maybe. I am not even close to being convinced they are mafia, but where I come from you use votes to apply pressure, which allows you to develop reads better. I don't really have a grasp on the game right now or on the style of mafia you play here, so 90% of what has been posted so far sounds completely irrelevant to anyone's alignment, and tbh I'm kinda grasping at straws to have any sort of read (and still end up with extremely weak reads). But yes, I am gonna vote my weak scumread because if a wagon starts then I could use the way other players engage with it to start having more reads.

OK this is fair in my eyes, TL towns are very chatty and if you come from somewhere that's not I could believe this position.


And read my post as if I was seeing something wrong with him when it was the opposite so that's indication of TMI because he was expecting me to scumread him.

That last response is reasonable no?


No he misread it as me wanting to scumread TTS for it when I was giving him a townread for scumreading Trfel.
He must've thought TTS looked scummy and that I was pointing it out when I was doing the opposite so imo it gave MZ away by replying like that.

He's responding directly to tts


Read the second quote again he's asking me what I see wrong with it.
Unless he misquoted me.

JAT also sees it as worth posting to beg for a townread because a flipped mafia voted for him but not much else. It's meaningless, and he was still 5 votes away at least.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
March 11 2024 17:08 GMT
#6680
On March 12 2024 02:05 CopCake wrote:
At some point the list looked like this

Trfel (8): iamperfection, Vivax, DarthPunk, JacobStrangelove, Alakaslam, Justanothertownie, Vivax, marvellosity, Koshi, VisceraEyes, Vivax, Jealous
Justanothertownie (5): sandroba, Palmar, DarthPunk, Vivax, DarthPunk, JacobStrangelove, Vivax, Oatsmaster, die_meatbaby, Trfel, Rels

Then MZ and Oats added the votes to JAT making it 8 to Tfrel and 7 to JAT

That would have put JAT in danger.


Where did you pull that list it looks wrong in all aspects.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
March 11 2024 17:10 GMT
#6682
Oats didn't vote the flipped town so he could have voted the unlfipped mafia for later distancing
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
March 11 2024 17:11 GMT
#6687
On March 12 2024 02:10 CopCake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2024 02:08 Vivax wrote:
On March 12 2024 02:05 CopCake wrote:
At some point the list looked like this

Trfel (8): iamperfection, Vivax, DarthPunk, JacobStrangelove, Alakaslam, Justanothertownie, Vivax, marvellosity, Koshi, VisceraEyes, Vivax, Jealous
Justanothertownie (5): sandroba, Palmar, DarthPunk, Vivax, DarthPunk, JacobStrangelove, Vivax, Oatsmaster, die_meatbaby, Trfel, Rels

Then MZ and Oats added the votes to JAT making it 8 to Tfrel and 7 to JAT

That would have put JAT in danger.


Where did you pull that list it looks wrong in all aspects.


https://tl.net/forum/mafia/621825-a-classy-vote-thread?page=5#97

Post #97

After that you can see from the voting thread that Oats and MZ went to vote JAT


What's the point? Do you have strong reason to believe that JAT and MZ are both town?
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
March 11 2024 17:12 GMT
#6690
On March 12 2024 02:11 CopCake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2024 02:10 Vivax wrote:
Oats didn't vote the flipped town so he could have voted the unlfipped mafia for later distancing


Why when he could have just put his vote on DMB?


That doesn't help him with distancing.
Making it clutch does.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
March 11 2024 17:14 GMT
#6692
I'd have to reread if Oats and MZ strongly pushed for JAT aside from the votes.
If not they're just for show.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
March 11 2024 17:16 GMT
#6694
On March 06 2024 11:57 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 11:56 Vivax wrote:
Oats and MZ might as well opt to save Hapa with that reasoning

If you cannot see the difference between hapa and trfel I cannot help you


Emphasis on nested quote
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
March 11 2024 17:16 GMT
#6696
On March 06 2024 11:52 iamperfection wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 11:52 Oatsmaster wrote:
I wanna give trfel time to play
##unvote
##vote jat

EXCUSE ME

Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
March 11 2024 17:20 GMT
#6699
On March 12 2024 02:18 CopCake wrote:
That is why I think, from mafia perspective, putting JAT in danger is stupid.


Do you go to bed with two toast slices at the sides of your head?
Or are you just playing pro-scum on purpose.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
March 11 2024 17:24 GMT
#6701
On March 12 2024 02:22 CopCake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2024 02:20 Vivax wrote:
On March 12 2024 02:18 CopCake wrote:
That is why I think, from mafia perspective, putting JAT in danger is stupid.


Do you go to bed with two toast slices at the sides of your head?
Or are you just playing pro-scum on purpose.


I dont understand? Why clearing JAT is scummy?


You're voting Palmar too.
At least vote VE.

You are mafia traitor aren't you.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
March 11 2024 17:25 GMT
#6702
You're crumbing it so much you could make a pizza from that.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
March 11 2024 17:28 GMT
#6704
On March 12 2024 02:26 CopCake wrote:
I honestly do not understand?



Does it look like Oats switched to JAT because he was scumreading JAT?
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
March 11 2024 17:41 GMT
#6711
On March 12 2024 02:33 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2024 02:28 Vivax wrote:
On March 12 2024 02:26 CopCake wrote:
I honestly do not understand?



Does it look like Oats switched to JAT because he was scumreading JAT?

Oats was mafia. He was not reading anyone anything. And no, he never even gave a reasoning to scumread me. Usually if people bus they add good reasons to look better afterwards and finding reasons to scum read your partners is always easy. They don't just throw their vote on there.


It'd help if it was visible what your current opinion of VE, Copcake, MZ is.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
March 11 2024 18:05 GMT
#6716
On March 12 2024 03:00 CopCake wrote:
Idk

Like confirmed mafia oats votes mafia JAT when his confirmed scumbuddy TTS is getting grilled.

Why risk losing Mafia JAT when Oats could have parked the vote on DMB or Tfrel?

To win town cred?



You are blowing the risk out of proportion it doesn‘t outweigh the benefits when they both didn‘t do anything meaningful to get Jat lynched.

On the MS game Dp and his mate parked both their votes on the teammate and I was thinking like you. They won.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
March 11 2024 18:41 GMT
#6728
On March 12 2024 03:32 die_meatbaby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2024 01:55 CopCake wrote:
Where is DMB?

DMB was out to get some food and had another police check. The policemen in this village just don't like me, but I didn't have to pay anything. Just the usual alcohol test.


They didn't check if you were paying taxes so some real estate mogul could fly around with his jet at our expense?
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
March 11 2024 18:56 GMT
#6735
On March 12 2024 03:52 die_meatbaby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2024 03:41 Vivax wrote:
On March 12 2024 03:32 die_meatbaby wrote:
On March 12 2024 01:55 CopCake wrote:
Where is DMB?

DMB was out to get some food and had another police check. The policemen in this village just don't like me, but I didn't have to pay anything. Just the usual alcohol test.


They didn't check if you were paying taxes so some real estate mogul could fly around with his jet at our expense?

I ask if I could sleep at the police station, because there a no arpatments here. He was getting more mad at me.


They were looking for the shipment of detective thongs that went missing there.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
March 11 2024 19:07 GMT
#6741
On March 12 2024 04:04 Koshi wrote:
I kinda expected more from VE. As either alignment. lol


You'll just have to stay friends
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
March 11 2024 19:15 GMT
#6744
On March 12 2024 04:14 justanothertownie wrote:
Just stay the course. I am pretty confident he is mafia.


That's reassuring
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 65 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Railgan 34
CosmosSc2 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 48910
Shuttle 7836
FanTaSy 1591
BeSt 650
Horang2 528
Larva 206
Soma 154
Sexy 140
Last 128
Mind 104
[ Show more ]
Pusan 96
Zeus 91
hero 76
ggaemo 73
Hyun 71
Aegong 56
Killer 53
Snow 48
ToSsGirL 31
Bale 25
PianO 25
NaDa 19
Rock 17
JYJ 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 13
zelot 12
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc4309
qojqva2316
Dendi1226
420jenkins585
XcaliburYe255
Counter-Strike
fl0m2843
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor963
Liquid`Hasu692
Other Games
B2W.Neo888
Beastyqt636
Mlord447
byalli409
Livibee229
Hui .187
ArmadaUGS114
QueenE69
KnowMe68
Mew2King63
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick705
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream55
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 21
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 21
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3646
Other Games
• WagamamaTV145
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
39m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 39m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 39m
Replay Cast
8h 39m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 39m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
20h 39m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 20h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.