• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:06
CEST 16:06
KST 23:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7654 users

TL Endures Mafia - Page 4

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
May 29 2023 01:50 GMT
#2453
DP if I flip town (Which I know I will) Can you name your mafia team?
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
May 29 2023 01:55 GMT
#2455
On May 29 2023 10:54 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2023 10:50 LightningStrike wrote:
DP if I flip town (Which I know I will) Can you name your mafia team?


Yep. Marv and DMB.

Reason for DMB?
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
May 29 2023 02:04 GMT
#2461
Well that NK point towards me.... At least I was right about my read on him.
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
May 29 2023 02:05 GMT
#2462
On May 29 2023 11:04 TankTopTiger wrote:
Am i wrong in thinking that connecto-cases this early tend to be bad?

Like, we only have VE, who played knowing there was a good chance he goes down early. He leaned into getting lynched. Trying to name the entire team before we unburrow a non-throwaway mafia seems like putting the cart before the horse.

What does PoE mean again?

Process of Elimination
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
May 29 2023 02:12 GMT
#2468
On May 29 2023 11:07 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2023 10:55 LightningStrike wrote:
On May 29 2023 10:54 DarthPunk wrote:
On May 29 2023 10:50 LightningStrike wrote:
DP if I flip town (Which I know I will) Can you name your mafia team?


Yep. Marv and DMB.

Reason for DMB?


Associations with Marv and VE pretty much. Plus her day one shit that made no sense.

I can see Scum!VE flying in there to save her and then telling her to bus him so that it makes life easier on her.

And then the fact she talked about marvs feared scum game, I think rayn is right and that could be from marv and VE flexing with a newbie in the scum QT.

That and POE, I have town reads on the rest.


I can see where you coming from like ya it could be seen that way but I don't think so though unless you think VE would coach her to do that kind of stuff towards him?
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
May 29 2023 02:12 GMT
#2469
On May 29 2023 11:02 raynpelikoneet wrote:
gg gl everyone it was nice to play with you all

GG Sorry I wasn't around at all for Day 2 due to irl stuff
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
May 29 2023 02:20 GMT
#2475
On May 29 2023 11:16 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2023 11:04 LightningStrike wrote:
Well that NK point towards me.... At least I was right about my read on him.

Why?

I am not seeing how this NK implicates anyone, Rayn was so town it hurts and is the only one of us who has managed to actually catch scum

Like the team would then just let him live?

Pure WIFOM to think anything is implied by this NK other than "raynpelikoneet good"

Let's see in his last will he did say to lynch me today. Yes I do know he is a good player but why did he not get killed Night 1 then?
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
May 29 2023 02:24 GMT
#2477
On May 29 2023 11:17 Alakaslam wrote:
The things that implicate you are constant lurking + list post from hell

I know that isn't much but in this particular game that is enough, combined with the gut read of Rayn

Let's see I was pretty much absent all of Day 2 because of irl stuff which I posted. I not constantly lurking at all just replying to stuff and asking questions Night 2 and atm.
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
May 29 2023 02:30 GMT
#2483
On May 29 2023 11:23 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2023 11:20 LightningStrike wrote:
On May 29 2023 11:16 Alakaslam wrote:
On May 29 2023 11:04 LightningStrike wrote:
Well that NK point towards me.... At least I was right about my read on him.

Why?

I am not seeing how this NK implicates anyone, Rayn was so town it hurts and is the only one of us who has managed to actually catch scum

Like the team would then just let him live?

Pure WIFOM to think anything is implied by this NK other than "raynpelikoneet good"

Let's see in his last will he did say to lynch me today. Yes I do know he is a good player but why did he not get killed Night 1 then?


My god this is bad. Is Koshi not a good player?

Look how easy it is do even a smiple NK anallysis of this

Koshi suspected Marv during day 1 Died Night 1

Rayn suspected Marv during day 2 Died Night 2.

Marv is generally a legit monster town player why did he not die night 1.

Like, I don't even.....

Koshi in general doesn't die Night 1 over Rayn at least from what I remembered when both are town heck he flips his reads a bit more than Rayn does in general. Marv not dying Night 1 could set him up as a possible lynch or him being wrong? I guess idk man it's WIFOM. Maybe Rayn and Koshi were right and I was wrong about Marv?
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
May 29 2023 02:33 GMT
#2485
On May 29 2023 11:26 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2023 11:24 LightningStrike wrote:
On May 29 2023 11:17 Alakaslam wrote:
The things that implicate you are constant lurking + list post from hell

I know that isn't much but in this particular game that is enough, combined with the gut read of Rayn

Let's see I was pretty much absent all of Day 2 because of irl stuff which I posted. I not constantly lurking at all just replying to stuff and asking questions Night 2 and atm.


Actually you did nothing much at all, your actions and your displayed emotions don;t mesh together and you start to be active as soon as you start to seriously get called out for it...

As if I can control my real life stuff........ Heck I did ask Grack if I could be replaced or modkilled incase I couldn't comeback to the game in the allotted time.
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
May 29 2023 02:36 GMT
#2489
On May 29 2023 11:31 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2023 11:30 LightningStrike wrote:
On May 29 2023 11:23 DarthPunk wrote:
On May 29 2023 11:20 LightningStrike wrote:
On May 29 2023 11:16 Alakaslam wrote:
On May 29 2023 11:04 LightningStrike wrote:
Well that NK point towards me.... At least I was right about my read on him.

Why?

I am not seeing how this NK implicates anyone, Rayn was so town it hurts and is the only one of us who has managed to actually catch scum

Like the team would then just let him live?

Pure WIFOM to think anything is implied by this NK other than "raynpelikoneet good"

Let's see in his last will he did say to lynch me today. Yes I do know he is a good player but why did he not get killed Night 1 then?


My god this is bad. Is Koshi not a good player?

Look how easy it is do even a smiple NK anallysis of this

Koshi suspected Marv during day 1 Died Night 1

Rayn suspected Marv during day 2 Died Night 2.

Marv is generally a legit monster town player why did he not die night 1.

Like, I don't even.....

Koshi in general doesn't die Night 1 over Rayn at least from what I remembered when both are town heck he flips his reads a bit more than Rayn does in general. Marv not dying Night 1 could set him up as a possible lynch or him being wrong? I guess idk man it's WIFOM. Maybe Rayn and Koshi were right and I was wrong about Marv?


Yes I know its WIFOM but you brought it up. I already stated ITT that I don't like to do NK analysis. I have fucked up multiple towns by not killing the obvious NK.

Im just trying to point out how bad and pointless that statement was.

Ya I will admit it being bad but hey it generated some discussion so not entirely pointless.
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
May 29 2023 02:37 GMT
#2490
On May 29 2023 11:35 TankTopTiger wrote:
LS you've had real life stuff, but that doesn't mean you have done stuff in this game. From the reader's perspective you are just a non-contributing player one way or another. You can't win on that front so don't bother arguing it.

I know and I am trying to contribute now that I can play.
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
May 29 2023 02:48 GMT
#2500
On May 29 2023 11:43 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2023 11:37 LightningStrike wrote:
On May 29 2023 11:35 TankTopTiger wrote:
LS you've had real life stuff, but that doesn't mean you have done stuff in this game. From the reader's perspective you are just a non-contributing player one way or another. You can't win on that front so don't bother arguing it.

I know and I am trying to contribute now that I can play.


You have a 4 page filter, TTT has a four page filter.

TTT has caught scum and is a hard town read for almost everyone

LS is a ? at best and scum at worst.

Its not just your level of activity that is determining peoples read on you.

I know but it was partly why people said I was mafia though. I am just trying to solve game though atm just finding it difficult though atm.
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
May 29 2023 02:51 GMT
#2503
On May 29 2023 11:44 TankTopTiger wrote:
FWIW LS I haven't even read the vast majority of your posts and your back and forths etc. You seem to constantly think you're under insane pressure but the only pressure I see on you is DP gently asking you questions, as if to gather the information for a potential future case.

If I were to guess, I'd say you probably see day 4 and if you don't there's not much you can do about it given your limited contribution. So plan around having a solid position that can be appraised day 4, so that (assuming you're town), you give us a solid chance not to mislynch you.

Will do my best but it definitely felt like a lot of pressure though.
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
May 29 2023 02:56 GMT
#2508
On May 29 2023 11:53 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2023 11:51 LightningStrike wrote:
On May 29 2023 11:44 TankTopTiger wrote:
FWIW LS I haven't even read the vast majority of your posts and your back and forths etc. You seem to constantly think you're under insane pressure but the only pressure I see on you is DP gently asking you questions, as if to gather the information for a potential future case.

If I were to guess, I'd say you probably see day 4 and if you don't there's not much you can do about it given your limited contribution. So plan around having a solid position that can be appraised day 4, so that (assuming you're town), you give us a solid chance not to mislynch you.

Will do my best but it definitely felt like a lot of pressure though.


Generally it feels worse when you are mafia.

Dude I hate being under pressure as either alignment even more so as town because I still get lynched for stupid shit in games. Hell I even ragequit once as town Day 1 so I could get lynched by town Holyflare to spite him and the town.
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
May 29 2023 02:56 GMT
#2509
On May 29 2023 11:53 Chezinu wrote:
I have the blessing of rayn and VE. People saying I'm more useful than others and I'm not up for lynch.

Unlike DP, I play for survival. You guys have fun. I'm going to eat my popcorn.


More importantly how do you read yourself?
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
May 29 2023 02:58 GMT
#2512
On May 29 2023 11:56 LightningStrike wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2023 11:53 DarthPunk wrote:
On May 29 2023 11:51 LightningStrike wrote:
On May 29 2023 11:44 TankTopTiger wrote:
FWIW LS I haven't even read the vast majority of your posts and your back and forths etc. You seem to constantly think you're under insane pressure but the only pressure I see on you is DP gently asking you questions, as if to gather the information for a potential future case.

If I were to guess, I'd say you probably see day 4 and if you don't there's not much you can do about it given your limited contribution. So plan around having a solid position that can be appraised day 4, so that (assuming you're town), you give us a solid chance not to mislynch you.

Will do my best but it definitely felt like a lot of pressure though.


Generally it feels worse when you are mafia.

Dude I hate being under pressure as either alignment even more so as town because I still get lynched for stupid shit in games. Hell I even ragequit once as town Day 1 so I could get lynched by town Holyflare to spite him and the town.

Game for reference: https://tl.net/forum/mafia/482863-game-of-thrones-mini-mafia?user=LightningStrike
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
May 29 2023 03:02 GMT
#2515
On May 29 2023 11:59 Chezinu wrote:
Lightning stop trying to get my seal. You won't get it unless there is a chance I'll get lynch greater than 95%.

Alrighty! To change the topic a bit how you reading Slam at the moment?
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
May 29 2023 18:17 GMT
#2537
Just woke up and Marv gave up I don't know how to feel about that to be honest. Also dmb ninja voted Marv too. Hmmm
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
May 29 2023 19:20 GMT
#2547
On May 30 2023 03:29 marvellosity wrote:
LightningStrike, if you are town you need to vote with me and lynch DP.

If not, then I will flip town, DP will get lynched and flip mafia, then you will get lynched. Your choice bud.

This appeal to emotion is just to strong for me. If he is mafia he wouldn't of appealed to me this hard over others.
## Vote: DarthPunk
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Railgan 82
Codebar 31
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 63078
Bisu 2376
FanTaSy 1410
Stork 667
hero 580
Rush 483
firebathero 215
Snow 210
Mind 114
Last 106
[ Show more ]
Free 100
Sexy 70
Sharp 70
Pusan 68
Trap 41
ToSsGirL 40
Bale 37
Hm[arnc] 31
Mong 29
Terrorterran 20
Aegong 19
Rock 18
HiyA 16
yabsab 16
zelot 15
Noble 13
scan(afreeca) 11
IntoTheRainbow 10
Shine 8
Sacsri 7
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8247
Dendi1082
Counter-Strike
byalli1291
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King101
Other Games
gofns41274
singsing2375
fl0m2326
Liquid`RaSZi1209
B2W.Neo624
Beastyqt517
Mlord332
Happy292
Hui .214
Khaldor214
Chillindude18
crisheroes1
KnowMe0
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV237
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 301
• HeavenSC 13
• Dystopia_ 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony2
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV551
League of Legends
• Nemesis3197
• Jankos3110
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1426
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
55m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 55m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 55m
OSC
8h 55m
Replay Cast
8h 55m
OSC
21h 55m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.