• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:13
CEST 07:13
KST 14:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)27Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9026 users

[N]A Mostly Normal Game of Mafia - Page 6

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 82 Next
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 24 2020 00:12 GMT
#101
On November 24 2020 08:59 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 08:52 Trfel wrote:
For me, Alakaslam's mayor candidacy feels genuine. While I don't necessarily agree with his "pliable" argument, it seems to come from a town perspective. I also like his tone this game, it feels like a good balance between serious and playful, which I think is hard for Alakaslam as scum. I've seen him play both very joking and very serious as mafia, but a balance like shown here is harder to achieve.

I think i agree with other parts of your post, but why would Slam NOT candidate himself as mayor as mafia? Why would anyone, regardless of alignment, per se not wanna be mayor?

Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 08:40 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Why do you think there is 3 mafia?
Slight possibility, no? Given the KP formula in the setup post rather than just saying 1 KP.

really? so mylo D2 if the mayor lynches town? even worse if the mayor/pardoner happens to be mafia....

Ooh! Ooh! Pick me! Pick me!

Why is hapa NOT campaigning then?

And, as mafia, sure as shit I wouldn’t run. It’s in my history, and here’s why:

It’s a position that will give you away. It’s powers, but misuse of them paints a target on your back. Something mafia don’t need.

So there’s a reason mafia would not want to run. How a out for town?

Maybe someone who doesn’t think they can make convincing use of the roles powers as compared to another player (because somehow they think that is better than letting town have a more normal day 1 and lynch the agreed upon scummy ahitter)...

So, basically there are plenty of reasons not everyone will just up and vote themself.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 24 2020 00:13 GMT
#102
On November 24 2020 09:01 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 08:56 Alakaslam wrote:
On November 24 2020 08:49 raynpelikoneet wrote:
You should be mayor because hapa or rayn can just as easily "control" you as they can control the lynch as mafia!mayor???????????

Essentially! Town will listen to you! They won’t listen to me for shit though, other than to discern my alignment.

But arent you saying you will do my will anyways?

Not if town disagrees with you.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 24 2020 00:13 GMT
#103
On November 24 2020 09:12 Alakaslam wrote:
Why is hapa NOT campaigning then?

Now this is actually a townie question i have been waiting anyone to ask.
table for two on a tv tray
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 24 2020 00:15 GMT
#104
On November 24 2020 09:13 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 09:12 Alakaslam wrote:
Why is hapa NOT campaigning then?

Now this is actually a townie question i have been waiting anyone to ask.

Well

Yeah which is why you wanting it to be you or him was sus as hell but then Trfel came and put his pants on his head and shat on the carpet so I was too busy going “wtf” at that.

Plus the occam’s razor hamblin’s razor whichever one.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 24 2020 00:19 GMT
#105
On November 24 2020 09:15 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 09:13 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On November 24 2020 09:12 Alakaslam wrote:
Why is hapa NOT campaigning then?

Now this is actually a townie question i have been waiting anyone to ask.

Well

Yeah which is why you wanting it to be you or him was sus as hell but then Trfel came and put his pants on his head and shat on the carpet so I was too busy going “wtf” at that.

Plus the occam’s razor hamblin’s razor whichever one.

I dont know if you realised it but i have been kinda being after this from my first post to him. I guess i can reveal my this thing: now.
On November 24 2020 06:47 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Okay, we'll see about that later on then. Then i am also not gonna post the follow up i was going to yet.


I dont really think Hapa is town atm. I think he should at least maybe have some reads he doesnt atm.
table for two on a tv tray
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 24 2020 00:29 GMT
#106
On November 24 2020 09:19 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 09:15 Alakaslam wrote:
On November 24 2020 09:13 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On November 24 2020 09:12 Alakaslam wrote:
Why is hapa NOT campaigning then?

Now this is actually a townie question i have been waiting anyone to ask.

Well

Yeah which is why you wanting it to be you or him was sus as hell but then Trfel came and put his pants on his head and shat on the carpet so I was too busy going “wtf” at that.

Plus the occam’s razor hamblin’s razor whichever one.

I dont know if you realised it but i have been kinda being after this from my first post to him. I guess i can reveal my this thing: now.
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 06:47 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Okay, we'll see about that later on then. Then i am also not gonna post the follow up i was going to yet.


I dont really think Hapa is town atm. I think he should at least maybe have some reads he doesnt atm.

If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 24 2020 00:32 GMT
#107
I dont know what is it about gamewise but i like rush hour. :D
table for two on a tv tray
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 24 2020 00:38 GMT
#108
oh baby yeah give it to me more
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 24 2020 00:45 GMT
#109
On November 24 2020 09:38 Hapahauli wrote:
oh baby yeah give it to me more

If it is about me then i dont take any offense. From the last time i think i did a bit after i figured out you are town. Here i really do not, since i dont think you have given any insight so far. Its okay though, i dont mind, but i also dont like you acting like this for ????
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 24 2020 00:52 GMT
#110
Well i have to sleep.
I think Slam and TT are town. Maybe Trfle is town too. That's pretty much it so far.
table for two on a tv tray
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 24 2020 00:57 GMT
#111
Regardless if you take offense or not, that was uncalled for on my part. I do feel as if the "theme" of our last few games played is that you attribute certain qualities to my very early-game town plan, I do not meet those "expectations", and I get called mafia for a longer period of time than I would prefer.

It is a bit of a self-meta thing, but I tend to dislike making any sort of concrete reads in the early game unless I am very confident in the read. Once I articulate a read, I find it very mentally difficult to go back and re-evaluate it seriously. Hence, I keep my reads "notepad", but I do avoid posting every little one in thread, lest I inadvertently commit myself to a town read for bad reasons.

Regarding Mayor... I kinda don't want to run? It's a lot of responsibility, and I tend to enjoy games more where I am not forced to take a leadership role. If it becomes apparent that there is no good choice for mayor, I will likely campaign for myself. But I'd like to avoid that if possible.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 24 2020 00:58 GMT
#112
STAY TUNED FOR A GRACKARONI ANNOUNCEMENT
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 24 2020 01:00 GMT
#113
On November 24 2020 09:32 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I dont know what is it about gamewise but i like rush hour. :D

Yep

Basically you went and pushed that button man
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 24 2020 01:02 GMT
#114
On November 24 2020 09:57 Hapahauli wrote:
Regardless if you take offense or not, that was uncalled for on my part. I do feel as if the "theme" of our last few games played is that you attribute certain qualities to my very early-game town plan, I do not meet those "expectations", and I get called mafia for a longer period of time than I would prefer.

It is a bit of a self-meta thing, but I tend to dislike making any sort of concrete reads in the early game unless I am very confident in the read. Once I articulate a read, I find it very mentally difficult to go back and re-evaluate it seriously. Hence, I keep my reads "notepad", but I do avoid posting every little one in thread, lest I inadvertently commit myself to a town read for bad reasons.

Regarding Mayor... I kinda don't want to run? It's a lot of responsibility, and I tend to enjoy games more where I am not forced to take a leadership role. If it becomes apparent that there is no good choice for mayor, I will likely campaign for myself. But I'd like to avoid that if possible.

By the way, this doesn’t make hapa scum

It’s just that I don’t know why he doesn’t want to run as town. Or if I do know, for some reason, I don’t exactly want to draw attention to that possible reason.

Anyway. I’m running gib vote pliss
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 24 2020 01:03 GMT
#115
On November 24 2020 09:58 Grackaroni wrote:
STAY TUNED FOR A GRACKARONI ANNOUNCEMENT

Well, I don’t think anyone is going anywhere
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom9999 Posts
November 24 2020 01:20 GMT
#116
Hi everyone!
RIP Meatloaf <3
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
November 24 2020 01:26 GMT
#117
I’m town :D now time to nap cause if not I dont get any sleep at night
Life?
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 24 2020 01:42 GMT
#118
GRACKARONI FOR MAYOR

[image loading]


The Liquidian People are tired of the CROOKED "politicians" who make lots of "promises" and don't follow through. Behind closed doors they laugh at hardworking Liquidian citizens like FECALFAEST and ALAKASLAM.. The Ruling classes of Liquidia (Raging Rayn and Shady 'Hapa' Hauli) have dominated Liquidian politics for TOO LONG.

It is time for honest middle class Liquidians to FIGHT. As your Mayor I pledge to CRUSH the "opposition". The night after my election I will consolidate power by executing my opponents. We will appropriate resources and distribute the spoils to all hardworking citizens (campaign supporters).

It is time we have a politician who stands up for working class Liquidians. We are not going to let the Liquidian political elites win again. This is a movement. People are standing up across Liquidia and saying, "I'm going to vote for Grackaroni and this is not an advertisement. Can I have my 50 bucks now?"

And I agree with those people. Together we are united. Together we have the power. Together we will vote Grack.

##Vote Grackaroni
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 24 2020 02:01 GMT
#119
Nah

I vote me m8

-mostly normal town
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 24 2020 02:10 GMT
#120
On November 24 2020 06:16 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 06:10 Hapahauli wrote:
On November 24 2020 05:55 Alakaslam wrote:
On November 24 2020 05:45 Hapahauli wrote:
Are you sadistic enough to involve yourself in politics? Will you announce your candidacy?

I will.

I think I’m pliable enough to listen to the town and not hijack the lynch with massive 460 mm japanese cannons (lookin’ at you, Yamato) and lynch who we agree upon. I’m open to suggestions and I’m town, I promise!

That being said, I fully intend to add my own opinion and put it out for review.

##Vote: Alakaslam

FF read the day post sir


Is your platform effectively that you will vote for whom the town desires (i.e. who the town "votes for" to be mafia)?


Yes

BUT THAT’s NOT ALL! I will also promise to be productive beyond the mayoral role. I just don’t want someone so good at the game that they get arrogant and do their own will getting elected instead to be honest.

What more could a mayor honestly promise though? To use the bodyguard? Like -_-

But let me read mayoral details again, maybe I am missing something.

I hear you and I share your concerns.

I recall another time when a past Liquidian mayor, let's call them HolyPear for purposes of anonymity, lynched the runner up for the office, PALMAR, against the wishes of his own constituents.

I beseeched him: "DON'T KILL PALMAR, HolyPear!!!!!" I said. But it was too late. HolyPear sliced through Palmar like a soft fruit. The crowd turned on Mayor Pear. "I"ll have your STEM for this!!!" they shouted. I tried to calm the crowd. He's not mafia; he's just a scrub!" But the crowd pushed for vengeance. By the next day his green juices were spilled on the floor of the town hall.

And so ends the tale of HolyPear. A cautionary tale, but one with an important lesson. Grackaroni was right. We would do well to listen and trust in Grackaroni, who is best known for his even-headed judge of character, or else we may be forever doomed to repeat the mistakes of HolyPear.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 82 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2077
Snow 139
Bale 23
Noble 15
ZergMaN 11
Icarus 5
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm170
Counter-Strike
taco 315
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1210
Mew2King35
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1370
WinterStarcraft652
Other Games
summit1g7735
JimRising 639
PiGStarcraft346
C9.Mang0182
Maynarde138
Sick132
ArmadaUGS120
RuFF_SC299
ViBE66
Livibee59
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick605
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream152
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 40
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2169
League of Legends
• Lourlo1338
• Rush1192
• Stunt397
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
4h 47m
OSC
7h 47m
Stellar Fest
7h 47m
OSC
18h 47m
Stellar Fest
1d 7h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.