• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:17
CEST 10:17
KST 17:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)31Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9307 users

[N]A Mostly Normal Game of Mafia - Page 35

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 82 Next
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 28 2020 00:32 GMT
#681
On November 28 2020 09:30 Tictock wrote:
You wanna tin foil a possible hapa/Rayn team with me?
Sure, why not?

What makes you think that? I guess I have a hard time suspecting Hapahauli (especially after he claimed blue). Raynpelikoneet I could see being mafia a bit more easily, but his more recent posts have felt more like what I expect from him as town I guess? Though he could still fool me fairly easily.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 28 2020 01:03 GMT
#682
Was kinda a joke, would probably be the worst scum team for town to deal with. Though I would love to find solid reasons to keep the paranoia at Bay.

Honestly I am not totally sure how to read them well. I have only played with Hapa once and I was mafia so him not feeling as obviuse town as I was him that game is not a good basis for a read. Still that feeling and not really liking/agreeing with his reads this game has me a little sus.

As for Rayn I have been able to see where Rayn is coming from in general and have agreed with his reads, so is most likely town. However his play does feel in line with his mafia play in that he doesn't have as clear a focus as I tend to see him have and was willing to do what other people wanted over his own prefferrance as Mayor. None of that is really sufficient to call him scum but it does keep me from having a lock town read on him.

Right now I do not understand where Rayn is coming from and disagree with his reads but am wanting to see his responses before I go much further on that.

And just for a disclaimer: None of this effects the current state of the game where we should be lynching Jock kus he is super likely to flip mafia.
I can take that responsibility.
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
November 28 2020 01:05 GMT
#683
On November 28 2020 09:13 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2020 09:06 Tictock wrote:
Phone posting and my keyboard is acting up (thing my case puts pressure on the screen sometimes and my keyboard glitches out). So going into lurker mode as typing sucks
Noooo, talk to me.....

@ShoCkeyy, why are you changing votes (assuming you are)? I know you said you can see both Jockmcplop and Vivax as mafia, but it's hard for me to see you actually caring about who gets lynched, you just seem to be willing to vote for whoever thread sentiment is against. On one hand it's good to be willing to consolidate in a majority lynch game, on the other hand it seems suspect to not even care...


Jock doesn’t scum read anybody this game. He slightly hints that you and I are mafia somehow. He pushes for Grack as mayor, although this isn’t alignment indicative, but rather push Grack after ignoring how 3p his first post was. Those are enough for me to vote Jock.
Life?
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
November 28 2020 01:08 GMT
#684
TT that’s how I feel about FF and I, he basically agrees with my sentiments this game, but still slight scum reads me. He basically copies my posts. But I just don’t see a mafia role doing that. Rather I would see mafia try and sway their way with mayor.
Life?
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 28 2020 01:19 GMT
#685
The other mafia is most likely trfel.
table for two on a tv tray
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
November 28 2020 01:26 GMT
#686
On November 28 2020 10:19 raynpelikoneet wrote:
The other mafia is most likely trfel.


So you think Jock and Trfel?
Life?
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 28 2020 01:26 GMT
#687
On November 27 2020 08:39 Trfel wrote:
Voted for Jockmcplop for now anyway, as I'm much more confident in him being mafia. Probably okay with consolidating on Vivax if needed

On November 28 2020 07:37 Trfel wrote:
I wouldn't be too sad if Fecalfeast is lynched



On November 28 2020 09:13 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2020 09:06 Tictock wrote:
Phone posting and my keyboard is acting up (thing my case puts pressure on the screen sometimes and my keyboard glitches out). So going into lurker mode as typing sucks
Noooo, talk to me.....

@ShoCkeyy, why are you changing votes (assuming you are)? I know you said you can see both Jockmcplop and Vivax as mafia, but it's hard for me to see you actually caring about who gets lynched, you just seem to be willing to vote for whoever thread sentiment is against. On one hand it's good to be willing to consolidate in a majority lynch game, on the other hand it seems suspect to not even care...

There is this dude who just did that. Trfel. Then there is this dude who openly claimed to basically doing that. Well unfortunately it doesn't make him mafia, maybe it could make shockeyy mafia instead??

the plot thickens!
table for two on a tv tray
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 28 2020 01:31 GMT
#688
On November 28 2020 10:03 Tictock wrote:
Was kinda a joke, would probably be the worst scum team for town to deal with. Though I would love to find solid reasons to keep the paranoia at Bay.

Honestly I am not totally sure how to read them well. I have only played with Hapa once and I was mafia so him not feeling as obviuse town as I was him that game is not a good basis for a read. Still that feeling and not really liking/agreeing with his reads this game has me a little sus.

As for Rayn I have been able to see where Rayn is coming from in general and have agreed with his reads, so is most likely town. However his play does feel in line with his mafia play in that he doesn't have as clear a focus as I tend to see him have and was willing to do what other people wanted over his own prefferrance as Mayor. None of that is really sufficient to call him scum but it does keep me from having a lock town read on him.

Right now I do not understand where Rayn is coming from and disagree with his reads but am wanting to see his responses before I go much further on that.

And just for a disclaimer: None of this effects the current state of the game where we should be lynching Jock kus he is super likely to flip mafia.
Fair enough. I don't believe I have ever played with Hapahauli when he is mafia, but I believe his reputation is to be a weaker scum player with a strong town game.

Yeah, if they are both mafia here that would be quite bad. But especially with Hapahauli's blue claim I think we should be able to figure that out eventually in his case. Raynpelikoneet is a bit tougher I think but I'm not overly worried about him currently? I think once we get it down to one more mafia, things will be a lot easier.

Sorry I'm a bit distracted, started playing Magic with some guys, I'll be around here still though.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 28 2020 01:34 GMT
#689
On November 28 2020 10:26 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2020 08:39 Trfel wrote:
Voted for Jockmcplop for now anyway, as I'm much more confident in him being mafia. Probably okay with consolidating on Vivax if needed

Show nested quote +
On November 28 2020 07:37 Trfel wrote:
I wouldn't be too sad if Fecalfeast is lynched



Show nested quote +
On November 28 2020 09:13 Trfel wrote:
On November 28 2020 09:06 Tictock wrote:
Phone posting and my keyboard is acting up (thing my case puts pressure on the screen sometimes and my keyboard glitches out). So going into lurker mode as typing sucks
Noooo, talk to me.....

@ShoCkeyy, why are you changing votes (assuming you are)? I know you said you can see both Jockmcplop and Vivax as mafia, but it's hard for me to see you actually caring about who gets lynched, you just seem to be willing to vote for whoever thread sentiment is against. On one hand it's good to be willing to consolidate in a majority lynch game, on the other hand it seems suspect to not even care...

There is this dude who just did that. Trfel. Then there is this dude who openly claimed to basically doing that. Well unfortunately it doesn't make him mafia, maybe it could make shockeyy mafia instead??

the plot thickens!
Unfortunately, this is something Fecalfeast is known for, at least as far as I know.

And I'm not scumreading ShoCkeyy, I'm just poking at him. I don't have much of a read on ShoCkeyy, unfortunately.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 28 2020 01:42 GMT
#690
Am I really going to have to fight raynpelikoneet? Instead of lynching the (in my opinion) obvious mafia Jockmcplop?

I don't really feel like fighting raynpelikoneet this game, I kinda feel like he's town
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
November 28 2020 01:45 GMT
#691
On November 28 2020 10:42 Trfel wrote:
Am I really going to have to fight raynpelikoneet? Instead of lynching the (in my opinion) obvious mafia Jockmcplop?

I don't really feel like fighting raynpelikoneet this game, I kinda feel like he's town


It’s going to happen every game
Life?
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 28 2020 01:51 GMT
#692
On November 28 2020 10:31 Trfel wrote:

Sorry I'm a bit distracted, started playing Magic with some guys, I'll be around here still though.


Nice!

I recently introduced my roommates to MtG and they have proceeded to spend thousands of dollars on it. Was cool to see the enthusiasm but I sorta created a monster.

We are starting to move into EDH so I expect this problem to get worse before it gets better.
I can take that responsibility.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 28 2020 01:59 GMT
#693
On November 28 2020 10:51 Tictock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2020 10:31 Trfel wrote:

Sorry I'm a bit distracted, started playing Magic with some guys, I'll be around here still though.


Nice!

I recently introduced my roommates to MtG and they have proceeded to spend thousands of dollars on it. Was cool to see the enthusiasm but I sorta created a monster.

We are starting to move into EDH so I expect this problem to get worse before it gets better.
Haha, fair enough, Magic can tend to do that.

What formats do you play? I play standard and commander, if you ever want to play a game feel free to PM me!
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 28 2020 02:23 GMT
#694
On November 28 2020 10:26 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2020 08:39 Trfel wrote:
Voted for Jockmcplop for now anyway, as I'm much more confident in him being mafia. Probably okay with consolidating on Vivax if needed

Show nested quote +
On November 28 2020 07:37 Trfel wrote:
I wouldn't be too sad if Fecalfeast is lynched



Show nested quote +
On November 28 2020 09:13 Trfel wrote:
On November 28 2020 09:06 Tictock wrote:
Phone posting and my keyboard is acting up (thing my case puts pressure on the screen sometimes and my keyboard glitches out). So going into lurker mode as typing sucks
Noooo, talk to me.....

@ShoCkeyy, why are you changing votes (assuming you are)? I know you said you can see both Jockmcplop and Vivax as mafia, but it's hard for me to see you actually caring about who gets lynched, you just seem to be willing to vote for whoever thread sentiment is against. On one hand it's good to be willing to consolidate in a majority lynch game, on the other hand it seems suspect to not even care...

There is this dude who just did that. Trfel. Then there is this dude who openly claimed to basically doing that. Well unfortunately it doesn't make him mafia, maybe it could make shockeyy mafia instead??

the plot thickens!
Sorry, I'm not completely sure if I understand this post. I'm being accused of doing what I am "accusing" ShoCkeyy of? Which is not caring about who gets lynched, instead following thread sentiment.

As I said, it's difficult in a majority lynch game, as we need five votes on the same person by tomorrow's deadline or there is a no lynch. I would much prefer to have a lynch on a suboptimal target than a no lynch.

I have been trying to balance my clear desire to have Jockmcplop lynched with the need to compromise. I think I've been doing a good job of balancing these goals, but I suppose that's for you to judge. I believe my preferences have always been made clear.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 28 2020 02:25 GMT
#695
On November 28 2020 10:05 ShoCkeyy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2020 09:13 Trfel wrote:
On November 28 2020 09:06 Tictock wrote:
Phone posting and my keyboard is acting up (thing my case puts pressure on the screen sometimes and my keyboard glitches out). So going into lurker mode as typing sucks
Noooo, talk to me.....

@ShoCkeyy, why are you changing votes (assuming you are)? I know you said you can see both Jockmcplop and Vivax as mafia, but it's hard for me to see you actually caring about who gets lynched, you just seem to be willing to vote for whoever thread sentiment is against. On one hand it's good to be willing to consolidate in a majority lynch game, on the other hand it seems suspect to not even care...


Jock doesn’t scum read anybody this game. He slightly hints that you and I are mafia somehow. He pushes for Grack as mayor, although this isn’t alignment indicative, but rather push Grack after ignoring how 3p his first post was. Those are enough for me to vote Jock.
ShoCkeyy, weren't all of these things true earlier when you voted for Vivax instead of Jockmcplop? Please explain?
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
November 28 2020 02:33 GMT
#696
On November 28 2020 11:25 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2020 10:05 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On November 28 2020 09:13 Trfel wrote:
On November 28 2020 09:06 Tictock wrote:
Phone posting and my keyboard is acting up (thing my case puts pressure on the screen sometimes and my keyboard glitches out). So going into lurker mode as typing sucks
Noooo, talk to me.....

@ShoCkeyy, why are you changing votes (assuming you are)? I know you said you can see both Jockmcplop and Vivax as mafia, but it's hard for me to see you actually caring about who gets lynched, you just seem to be willing to vote for whoever thread sentiment is against. On one hand it's good to be willing to consolidate in a majority lynch game, on the other hand it seems suspect to not even care...


Jock doesn’t scum read anybody this game. He slightly hints that you and I are mafia somehow. He pushes for Grack as mayor, although this isn’t alignment indicative, but rather push Grack after ignoring how 3p his first post was. Those are enough for me to vote Jock.
ShoCkeyy, weren't all of these things true earlier when you voted for Vivax instead of Jockmcplop? Please explain?


What’s there to explain? I’m consolidating my vote, both are viable targets for me. There’s hardly any substance to Jock over Vivax.
Life?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 28 2020 03:05 GMT
#697
On November 28 2020 11:33 ShoCkeyy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2020 11:25 Trfel wrote:
On November 28 2020 10:05 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On November 28 2020 09:13 Trfel wrote:
On November 28 2020 09:06 Tictock wrote:
Phone posting and my keyboard is acting up (thing my case puts pressure on the screen sometimes and my keyboard glitches out). So going into lurker mode as typing sucks
Noooo, talk to me.....

@ShoCkeyy, why are you changing votes (assuming you are)? I know you said you can see both Jockmcplop and Vivax as mafia, but it's hard for me to see you actually caring about who gets lynched, you just seem to be willing to vote for whoever thread sentiment is against. On one hand it's good to be willing to consolidate in a majority lynch game, on the other hand it seems suspect to not even care...


Jock doesn’t scum read anybody this game. He slightly hints that you and I are mafia somehow. He pushes for Grack as mayor, although this isn’t alignment indicative, but rather push Grack after ignoring how 3p his first post was. Those are enough for me to vote Jock.
ShoCkeyy, weren't all of these things true earlier when you voted for Vivax instead of Jockmcplop? Please explain?


What’s there to explain? I’m consolidating my vote, both are viable targets for me. There’s hardly any substance to Jock over Vivax.
Yeah okay, I get that. I find some of the way you said things weird and the way you answered my questions a bit weird but I get it, I'll drop it. Thanks.
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 28 2020 03:32 GMT
#698
Hey guys - Thanksgiving with the family has gotten a lot more busy than I anticipated. I'm just not going to have any time to play today. I'll have some time before the deadline to do a quick skim and drop a vote... that's about it unfortunately
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 28 2020 03:47 GMT
#699
On November 28 2020 12:32 Hapahauli wrote:
Hey guys - Thanksgiving with the family has gotten a lot more busy than I anticipated. I'm just not going to have any time to play today. I'll have some time before the deadline to do a quick skim and drop a vote... that's about it unfortunately
##Vote: Hapahauli

(seriously though, hope time with the family has been good!)
(ps vote for Jockmcplop)
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
November 28 2020 04:22 GMT
#700
hi
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 82 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech10
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 247
Hyuk 146
910 74
Mong 70
Leta 52
Shinee 49
PianO 40
soO 39
Killer 36
Mind 35
[ Show more ]
Bale 30
Aegong 23
ToSsGirL 18
ZergMaN 15
HiyA 15
sorry 15
League of Legends
JimRising 454
Counter-Strike
ceh9507
shoxiejesuss390
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King227
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1834
Other Games
summit1g8928
olofmeister1046
Happy390
crisheroes245
Sick178
ArmadaUGS111
Livibee103
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick572
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream255
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH148
• LUISG 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2292
League of Legends
• Rush1614
• Jankos996
• Stunt563
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
1h 43m
OSC
4h 43m
Stellar Fest
4h 43m
OSC
15h 43m
Stellar Fest
1d 4h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.