• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:47
CEST 00:47
KST 07:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War375.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7691 users

[N][M]Noir Mini Mafia - Ch. 5 - Page 10

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 All
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
August 22 2020 23:24 GMT
#1150
No, don't make me make a decision, I am so bad at making decisions

I'll take a look at what you're talking about.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
August 22 2020 23:33 GMT
#1152
On August 23 2020 08:15 Onegu wrote:
Yes I just finished Damdreds filter. We should lynch him. He never wants to lynch LS, Defending him multiple times. His read on you changed without a reason. Like you and eywa were his scum reads and likke 4 posts later he is not wanting to lynch.

When LS is up he only switches once me FF and you had voted.

##Unvote

##Vote: Damdred
I guess the weird part is, yeah, if you look at Damdred's read on LightningStrike in isolation, it seems like he's defending LightningStrike. But when he's also defending the counterwagon (me), that suggests the opposite to me as well, which is weird. It's possible that Eywa- is mafia, and then Damdred's play wasn't bad at all, I'm running my mind in circles though and it's not helping.

I could see Damdred being mafia but it's hard to say if this is why for me

Out of curiosity, have you read Eywa-'s filter yet?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
August 22 2020 23:35 GMT
#1154
Like my gut says to lynch Eywa-. That's where I've been at for several days, it just feels like a poor choice to completely switch at the last second without solid reasoning. Unfortunately if there is solid reasoning to be had here, it's hard for me to see it right now
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
August 22 2020 23:41 GMT
#1155
Damdred's transition to vote for LightningStrike does feel weird though. The way he waits and then suddenly comes in and votes right after you (Onegu) do and Fecalfeast says he could...

But he was starting to townread me already. Who else was he going to scumread? There were no feasible options besides LightningStrike, so it's sensible that he would be more inclined to lynch LightningStrike, even if he never explicitly said it. It's not completely nonsensical, though it is suspicious given the circumstances.

If you don't mind and you have time, here is a post I wrote on Eywa- and here is a post I wrote on Damdred. Do you have any thoughts on those?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
August 23 2020 00:09 GMT
#1156
You still there?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
August 23 2020 00:29 GMT
#1157
Onegu I'd much prefer lynching Eywa-...
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
August 23 2020 00:35 GMT
#1158
I mean I'll lynch Damdred if I must but can we at least talk about it?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
August 23 2020 00:45 GMT
#1159
Now I'm wishing I'd been more forceful earlier... Then again maybe I'm wrong and afkOnegu is saving the game but idk. Bleh
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
August 23 2020 00:56 GMT
#1160
I suppose it's a fitting way for this game to end...
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
August 23 2020 00:59 GMT
#1161
##unvote
##Vote: Dadred




Onegu I will still switch if you are here.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
August 23 2020 01:00 GMT
#1162
gg
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
August 23 2020 01:05 GMT
#1165
Fair enough.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
August 23 2020 01:07 GMT
#1168
Sorry all Was hard to read Onegu with the little play. Excellently done by him and Mr. Cheesecake really.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
August 23 2020 01:08 GMT
#1169
I knew the no shot was a possibility, we just didn't really have the means to pressure Onegu to get the read. My fault really, my activity wasn't there at final day.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
August 23 2020 04:16 GMT
#1181
Yeah again I'm sorry for my play this game, especially the final day. It would have been good to look at Onegu more, the information was there to catch him, I think if the three of us had been more active we would have figured it out. That's largely on me.

Sorry for not wanting to kill Mr. Cheesecake that one day, he had me fooled pretty well

Definitely learned some things. Made some mistakes.

@Damdred, can I ask how to do a better job of avoiding those things in the future? Other than the obvious low motivation/activity in the last day, is there something I can change about my communication/posting style to make it easier to play with me? I wasn't intending to be toxic or insulting at all and I'm really sorry it came across that way, I do not harbor any of those feelings and have nothing but respect for you. Okay, maybe a little annoyance because you're such a good player and I wish I could play like that
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
August 23 2020 04:18 GMT
#1182
Yeah, I mean I was fairly confident Damdred was town and had reservations about lynching Eywa-. Should have put the pressure on Onegu more instead of agonizing between those two so much. But I do think Onegu played the afk scum role very well, for what it's worth.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
August 23 2020 04:48 GMT
#1186
On August 23 2020 13:33 Dadred wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2020 13:16 Trfel wrote:
Yeah again I'm sorry for my play this game, especially the final day. It would have been good to look at Onegu more, the information was there to catch him, I think if the three of us had been more active we would have figured it out. That's largely on me.

Sorry for not wanting to kill Mr. Cheesecake that one day, he had me fooled pretty well

Definitely learned some things. Made some mistakes.

@Damdred, can I ask how to do a better job of avoiding those things in the future? Other than the obvious low motivation/activity in the last day, is there something I can change about my communication/posting style to make it easier to play with me? I wasn't intending to be toxic or insulting at all and I'm really sorry it came across that way, I do not harbor any of those feelings and have nothing but respect for you. Okay, maybe a little annoyance because you're such a good player and I wish I could play like that



You were fine I don't think you were toxic at all.

Tbh I think you will always run into the same problem I do and several others. We like to post we like to talk.

Sometimes it's better to think and not post every thought. Like I got myself in trouble for waffling my read on LS because I have such a soft spot on him, also I did pretend to have a stronger read cause I really thought cheesecake was scum. It led to a weird read change without much progression.

Sometimes you just have to have clear progression, like your LS read was great and you started to have an amazing follow up on it but you also got off track sometimes.

You just waffle around the thread sometimes, lack pointed questions sometimes but you played ok.
Thanks, yeah that makes sense. Unfortunately it's hard for me to pretend to be more certain about my reads than I really am Hapahauli talked to me about that too. I'll have to try and work on it.

Also, @Eywa-, sorry if I upset you this game. I know we have very clashing styles of reading people and logic and that can make things really hard sometimes. I wish I could see more of the things you see, I just honestly have a hard time looking at the game like you do, I wasn't trying to be obtuse.
Prev 1 8 9 10 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 158
ProTech133
ViBE90
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12750
910 80
NaDa 17
Dota 2
monkeys_forever355
canceldota135
League of Legends
Doublelift4155
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4193
Other Games
summit1g4654
C9.Mang0330
JimRising 312
Liquid`Hasu262
ToD208
PPMD29
JuggernautJason18
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 86
• musti20045 38
• poizon28 37
• RyuSc2 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21588
League of Legends
• Scarra978
Other Games
• imaqtpie1056
• Shiphtur583
• tFFMrPink 9
Upcoming Events
OSC
13m
Big Brain Bouts
11h 13m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
18h 13m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
20h 13m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 11h
Patches Events
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.