• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:55
CEST 12:55
KST 19:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202617Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released ASL22 General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8117 users

[M][N]MafiacalFeast I

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 19 20 21 Next All
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
April 02 2018 19:48 GMT
#39
/checking in
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
April 07 2018 09:10 GMT
#68
On April 07 2018 17:56 Skynx wrote:
Pregame excuse: I've probably forgot how to play this game btw


+1

Pregame excuse #2: My laptop died on me so expect phone posting for the time being.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
April 07 2018 19:07 GMT
#74
First, confirmed town
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
April 07 2018 19:39 GMT
#76
On April 08 2018 04:29 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 08 2018 04:07 Calix wrote:
First, confirmed town


Make it more challenging and flip a coin at least?


Why make it more challenging?

I for one need to figure out how to play again. I am pretty rusty
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
April 07 2018 19:40 GMT
#77
Also I hope EODs won't be as dead as this thread is right now. Underwhelming.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
April 07 2018 21:30 GMT
#89
On April 08 2018 06:27 Eversince wrote:
lol, spite vote Calix?


What makes you think it was a spite vote?
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
April 07 2018 21:41 GMT
#95
On April 08 2018 06:35 Eversince wrote:
@Glowing: I just assumed since it is so early probably personal reasons.


Never played with GB before. In fact, I don't think I've played with quite a few people on this playerlist.

Speaking of GB, have a question. If your read on me is "pure intuition" - which suggests you have no solid basis to scum-read me - then how can you ask Rayn and Eversince if they "see what you see"? That implies you have a more tangible reason to call me mafia.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
April 07 2018 21:51 GMT
#101
On April 08 2018 06:43 Eversince wrote:
I don't scum read you at all atm.

I actually feel comfortable with you. You can be slightly town


Who is this referring to? And can you elaborate on why you town-read whoever?

On April 08 2018 06:45 GlowingBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 08 2018 06:41 Calix wrote:
On April 08 2018 06:35 Eversince wrote:
@Glowing: I just assumed since it is so early probably personal reasons.


Never played with GB before. In fact, I don't think I've played with quite a few people on this playerlist.

Speaking of GB, have a question. If your read on me is "pure intuition" - which suggests you have no solid basis to scum-read me - then how can you ask Rayn and Eversince if they "see what you see"? That implies you have a more tangible reason to call me mafia.


+ Show Spoiler +
I can see what you see not—
Vision milky, then eyes rot.
When you turn, they will be gone,
Whispering their hidden song.

Then you see what cannot be—
Shadows move where light should be.
Out of darkness, out of mind,
Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.


It's not because it's an intuition that other people can't have the same feeling towards a couple of posts.
I remember rayn was really good with opening posts, that's why I inquired him.

I have an explanation to what I see but I'd rather wait for other people to catch on before exposing it.


I'll keep this in mind then.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
April 07 2018 22:11 GMT
#111
On April 08 2018 07:10 GlowingBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 08 2018 07:07 Holyflare wrote:
Vivax my king who shall we lynch?


Found mafia.


Found Oatsmaster's smurf
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
April 08 2018 09:08 GMT
#161
Have access to a keyboard, thank God.

Vivax might be mafia because of how he went about his GB read. First he says that "GB saying he can't post for a while after posting a bunch at the start of the day reads defensive to me" which is typically a mafia trait, and when Damdred questions this read and implies a negative view of Vivax because of it ("kinda a meh read from you"), Vivax's reaction is to call both GB AND Damdred town. Weird progression.

As I see it, it's one of these scenarios:

A) Vivax was always town-reading GB, in which case why did he make the comment about GB being defensive?

B) Vivax was scum-leaning GB until Damdred made a point about why it isn't scummy, then Vivax changed his mind. But then why would you say "yeah he's town"? That's not the response you'd make if someone had changed your mind.

C) Some other scenario I haven't accounted for. However the two I listed were the ones that came to mind when I first read the exchange.

So yes, I'd like an explanation.

I also don't see how the reason he gave for Damdred being town ("I don't see why you wouldn't partially agree with me if you were mafia") is AI.


I agree that GlowingBear is more likely town than not. His posting reads as spontaneous and unplanned to me.

As for his case on me, it's dumb because I DID respond to his vote (after he actually gave reasons) and Eversince's assumption that it was a spite vote was more interesting than a naked vote.


I also want a response from Eversince that clarifies that random town-read she doled out to one of GB/ Calix. Both GB and I asked about that and she ignored both queries to post some irrelevant nonsense. So I am asking again.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
April 08 2018 09:09 GMT
#162
Page top!

I second the "how does knowing who the good players are help you find mafia?" query.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
April 08 2018 09:25 GMT
#164
On April 08 2018 18:24 raynpelikoneet wrote:
And why was it relevant to GB's alignment to group me and eversince there?


?
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
April 08 2018 09:34 GMT
#167
On April 08 2018 18:28 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Also it seems like you dont have aread on me. Which is weird since i (1) made an observation you 100% agree on and (2) i made another (same) observation (to yours) where my conclusion in the opposite to yours.

Still you dont have an opinion on me, and youre also not engaging me on (2).


I am reserving judgment on you until I have something a bit more substantial. I don't believe that posting every thought I have about people is the most productive approach even in the early game.

1. Seconding the "why does CH need to know who the good players are?" =/= observation.

2. I am not 100% sure what you're referring to here. The Vivax read? You said "Vivax last post was extremely dumb but probably town dumb" yes? I read this as "too scummy to be scum" but correct me if I am wrong.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
April 08 2018 09:38 GMT
#168
On April 08 2018 18:30 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 08 2018 18:25 Calix wrote:
On April 08 2018 18:24 raynpelikoneet wrote:
And why was it relevant to GB's alignment to group me and eversince there?


?

There is absolutely nothing alignment indicative in GB asking my/eversince's opinion on you, regardless of whatever alignment all three of us are.

The post where you started questioning that is the one i actually think you might be mafia for.


I have no idea what you are talking about. I never said that it was alignment-indicative for GB to ask for your opinions.

I did, however, ask about why he asked you two if they "saw what he did" after saying his read was "pure intuition". Which was asking for clarification.

Your mafia read seems half-hearted and isn't elaborated aside from piggy-backing off whatever GB said.

Basically I don't give a damn that you apparently "mafia read" me because I barely even noticed that you are.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
April 08 2018 09:42 GMT
#169
On April 08 2018 18:24 raynpelikoneet wrote:
And why was it relevant to GB's alignment to group me and eversince there?


Going back to this, why did you completely ignore my points against Vivax? If you think I'm mafia, it would follow that you'd have an opinion when your "mafia read" makes a wall-post accusing someone you called dumb town. Yet you completely ignore this to post this question. And it's not even a good question.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
April 08 2018 09:53 GMT
#174
If you don't think there's such a thing as too scummy to be scum then yeah, I'd like to know why you think Vivax's dumb post is "town dumb" then.

A questionable progression isn't a reason to suspect someone is mafia? Yes, I said that it 'might' make him mafia as I would like an explanation from him first but there's still plenty of content to comment from.

And if you thought it didn't say anything then again, why WOULDN'T you respond to it saying that at the time? Here's what you're claiming. Your mafia read a makes long accusatory post "which doesn't say anything" on someone you town-lean and you're claiming you just ignored it until I prodded you for a response?

Yeah, I don't believe you.

##vote raynpelikoneet
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
April 08 2018 11:00 GMT
#177
On April 08 2018 19:31 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I am sorry but that's exactly what i did, responded to your post. So your reasoning is made up.


Congrats, this is the scummiest post in the thread!

Firstly, you only responded after I directly asked why you ignored my post. Doesn't count hun.

Secondly, you straight-up accused me of making shit up but you don't even vote me for it?

Moreover, why are you apologising? I'M YOUR MAFIA READ. Who you're not voting for! Apologizing is basically you waving a flag reading "I know I'm full of shite".

In fact, to highlight how ridiculous and nonsensical it is for you to not be voting me at this point, I've quoted all the times you implied, or outright stated, that I am mafia. Hell, accusing me of making things up should be SUFFICIENT REASON to vote for me WITHOUT any other quotes. But you're dancing around the topic and keep saying I'm doing stuff that mafia does yet you won't commit.

And you're doing that because you're trying to evade a confrontation with me

Three words for you, boo: Vote me, pussy.

+ Show Spoiler [Rayn's Calix posts] +
GB might be right on Calix but not for that reason.

She's arguing about stuff that doesnt make anyone anything, or at least mafia.

What Tubesock says its not it. I will explain better when i get off work, got called in for today.

Also it seems like you dont have aread on me. Which is weird since i (1) made an observation you 100% agree on and (2) i made another (same) observation (to yours) where my conclusion in the opposite to yours.

Still you dont have an opinion on me, and youre also not engaging me on (2).

The post where you started questioning that is the one i actually think you might be mafia for.

It is because your post doesnt really say anything. You dont explain why Vivax does that as mafia you just say it maybe makes him mafia. Also i am at work and wont be making long posts until i am home.

Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
April 08 2018 11:10 GMT
#179
On April 08 2018 20:03 currentlyhomeless wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 08 2018 18:05 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Right, and i am still waiting for the answer to how is that in any way relevant to finding mafia?


Do you normally answer questions with more questions?

If you can rub your fingers together you can probably figure out for yourself why someone who is obviously smurfing would be interested in knowing the state of the game these days.


And in the corner, we have the master of dodging game-solving points!

Since you evidently care a lot about this question, I'll offer my two cents so you actually do stuff. HF, rayn, Damdred are who I'd say the "best" players are. But as far as I know, they're all busy these days. That's why you see a lot of short posts, I think.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
April 08 2018 11:47 GMT
#182
On April 08 2018 20:37 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
Vivax was scum-leaning GB until Damdred made a point about why it isn't scummy, then Vivax changed his mind. But then why would you say "yeah he's town"? That's not the response you'd make if someone had changed your mind.


Why not?


Came across as too 'certain'. It reads like you already thought he was town and were just making that explicit. If you had been convinced you'd be more likely to say "yeah good point", or acknowledge if Damdred had changed your mind, or give your own reasons for town reading GB, etc.

I also wasn't scum leaning GB particularly. I found his post there defensive and that's it. Damdred came out with a hard townread and I gave him something that would possibly oppose his view, and I found his reaction townie all around. Although with fresh eyes today it probably doesn't mean that much. Was just going off the assumption that mafia Damdred would keep himself the option open for a GB lynch. Will roll with it for the time being though.


If you 'weren't scum leaning GB particularly' then what made you change that into a "yeah he's town" response?
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
April 08 2018 12:03 GMT
#185
On April 08 2018 20:58 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 08 2018 20:47 Calix wrote:
On April 08 2018 20:37 Vivax wrote:
Vivax was scum-leaning GB until Damdred made a point about why it isn't scummy, then Vivax changed his mind. But then why would you say "yeah he's town"? That's not the response you'd make if someone had changed your mind.


Why not?


Came across as too 'certain'. It reads like you already thought he was town and were just making that explicit. If you had been convinced you'd be more likely to say "yeah good point", or acknowledge if Damdred had changed your mind, or give your own reasons for town reading GB, etc.

I also wasn't scum leaning GB particularly. I found his post there defensive and that's it. Damdred came out with a hard townread and I gave him something that would possibly oppose his view, and I found his reaction townie all around. Although with fresh eyes today it probably doesn't mean that much. Was just going off the assumption that mafia Damdred would keep himself the option open for a GB lynch. Will roll with it for the time being though.


If you 'weren't scum leaning GB particularly' then what made you change that into a "yeah he's town" response?


The enthusiasm damdred mentioned, you can add the bit where he said he will wait for what rayn say. Though I remember GB as being able to be quite pushy as mafia, his posts come with a more negative tone to them when he is.

I think it's quite easy to follow how my attention shifted through those pages. But I'll explicate it in a wild salad of summary: GB somewhere in null land, peaces out. See post from HF about posted from android. Think it's defensive but don't want to scumread him for it alone. Damdred posts townread. Confront him with possible argument for mafia. Nope Vivax. Gloss a bit over GB filter. Agree with GB being town very bluntly worded. Also thinking about what it means for Damdred from that exchange. Damdred can be town too cause not waffly when given opportunity.


Okay, I'll accept this explanation for now. I don't think continuing this train of thought will become much more productive. Thoughts on rayn? Any other reads to share?
1 2 3 4 5 19 20 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko217
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31078
Calm 4696
Rain 2564
Hyuk 1190
Bisu 978
FanTaSy 648
Jaedong 396
Horang2 338
Soma 318
Rush 277
[ Show more ]
BeSt 250
Zeus 236
Stork 210
Mong 182
Larva 112
Mini 103
ZerO 89
Pusan 75
Mind 75
Light 75
Barracks 50
910 50
ToSsGirL 46
Sexy 44
Killer 36
Shinee 34
Yoon 31
NaDa 29
Snow 27
Free 21
sorry 18
Hm[arnc] 16
Noble 13
Terrorterran 9
sSak 6
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5624
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1201
byalli925
shoxiejesuss650
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King77
Other Games
gofns41279
singsing1657
dupreeh344
crisheroes305
B2W.Neo67
ZerO(Twitch)6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 7
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2169
Other Games
• WagamamaTV109
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 5m
Big Brain Bouts
23h 5m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 6h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 8h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 23h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.