• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:57
CEST 01:57
KST 08:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8305 users

[M][N] Medic Mafia - Page 4

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
March 10 2018 13:39 GMT
#1038
On March 10 2018 22:23 Koshi wrote:
So 4 medic claims. Good stuff.
This means we have 6 VTs versus 4 medics atm.
We know there is 1 mafia within the VTs.

Now we have 2 lynches and 2 medic shots during the night to get the 1 mafia within the VTs.
If we figure him out today we auto win killing medics.
If we figure him out during night we auto win killing medics.
If we figure him out next day we end up with 4 real vts and 3 medics which contain a mafia. = autowin cuz medics kill each other during night.
If we figure him out the second night we go into a 2 VT + 1 medic vs a fakeclaiming medic mafia. It's a 50/50 because we have to lynch.

But seriously. If we lose that we missed 3 lynches and 2 vig shots. Then you just deserve to lose.


Koshi I really like that you play through the scenarios but did you read people's filters yet? I don't think I can read you either way when you are going to be a setup cruncher as it's a very noncommittal way to play the game.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
March 10 2018 18:57 GMT
#1061
On March 11 2018 01:22 darthfoley wrote:
Yes, a mafia Vivax makes some sense. It is flashing in front of my eyes.


Except I was the only one of the medic claims trying to coordinate the others into doccing prpl during N1.

Whereas your post about him not being mafia cause nobody was speaking against it could be seen as you being the first to actually speak against it.

But yea I wasn't really counting on hitting mafia there since I have a post where I was expecting him to flip town. However you are implying I was trying to get my own teammate killed.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
March 10 2018 19:21 GMT
#1064
Why not FF.

He can switch metas. I've seen him play scum with clean posts and with lazy posts.

No way to tell how much of what he says is true if he keeps it at a minimum like this game and seemingly doesn't take it seriously.

There is no world where I don't lynch him unless he tries to be more analytical in his posts and has the potential to screw up somewhere if he's mafia.

So far all we got are two correct reads for questionable reasons that might as well just be tmi.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
March 11 2018 10:42 GMT
#1282
Kelsiers strategy of trying to skate on big puppy eyes didn't quite work. Good, good.

##Vote: Koshi
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
March 11 2018 10:51 GMT
#1296
On March 11 2018 19:45 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2018 19:42 Vivax wrote:
Kelsiers strategy of trying to skate on big puppy eyes didn't quite work. Good, good.

##Vote: Koshi


Dude, if you don't give me more than this N2, I'm going to scumread you forever. It feels like you're just content to skate by because you know we have to lynch your partner first.

I want reads. Informed by new things in thread. Not some vig shot the least common denominator crap without at least explaining how you get there.


There's enough crap in the thread to solve the game probably, but creating more crap isn't the way to solve it.

I'm also hung over and dropped moist coffee powder all over my floor and I really cba to read much today. That gabalier dude played at my village yesterday. I even saw Brits run around.

When I can get killed thanks to the mass claim already I see little reason to put in more effort. Mafia kills medics, medics kill non medics. When we are done with that I can be convinced to play more. This is the way the others chose to play and now I'm not going to get shit on for it since I was against mass claiming in the first place.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
March 11 2018 11:01 GMT
#1301
But objectively Koshi is right this is the best way to play the game.
I don't think any of his advice makes him town. He's still cold as ice and not very organic while he posts useful things.

I'm going to be healing Koshi, if one medic claims to be backing me up the other can go for a save at his own discretion, with the roleblocker down.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
March 11 2018 11:13 GMT
#1314
I think I like Koshi/DF for remaining mafia very much, a bit on a whim. Having taken issue with Damdreds and DFs D1 posts already I'd love to have been right about suspecting them at that point already.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
March 11 2018 11:17 GMT
#1318
Why am I doing what only, I want? FF posted that he's cool with healing Koshi, I'm cool with healing Koshi as well. So we can healkill Koshi both and Noobking and df can claim to be doing whatever.

If Koshi flips scum that also clears me and FF and the next days one of Noobking or DF flips mafia, or one of them claims to have healed Koshi as well and we lynch him.

I'm going to heal Koshi, now to wait what the other medic claims claim to be doing.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
March 11 2018 11:19 GMT
#1321
I mean at this point we could even vig two people by forcing one mafia medic to heal with another. If that person he claims he would kill won't die then we all know into which pair of medics to look.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
March 11 2018 11:56 GMT
#1341
On March 11 2018 20:50 MoosyDoosy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2018 20:39 rsoultin wrote:
On March 11 2018 20:33 MoosyDoosy wrote:
On March 11 2018 20:31 rsoultin wrote:
On March 11 2018 20:29 MoosyDoosy wrote:
On March 11 2018 20:25 rsoultin wrote:
On March 11 2018 20:19 MoosyDoosy wrote:
On March 11 2018 08:18 MoosyDoosy wrote:
On March 11 2018 08:11 n00bKing wrote:
By the way, Moosy, I've seen you play both allegiances before, and this right here:
On March 11 2018 06:31 MoosyDoosy wrote:
Also let's calm down with the insults and flinging dirt at each other people. Its just a gaem at the end of the day whether people dont play optimally or not.

is NOT what I remember from Town Moosy. No one flings dirt and insults like Town Moosy. This "can't we all just get along?" stuff is NOT your Town meta. So I can add a meta read against you to the association case against you.

That's because I'm r e f o r m e d dude. After thinking about all the times I got mad during this game I've decided it's not worth it. It's also why I'm trying to troll a little less because people got mad over it and I don't want to ruin people's days that way. It sucks to try and play the game and have to deal with someone's shit.

@rsoultin why i changed from trolling


Nh. I don't know why I asked that question anyway @.@ I can't verify why you change something.

It's just that you said that you caught scum by people piling on you D1 for trolling. So I don't know why you'd change that. And if it's an active thing you were doing, which you're not doing now, why would you expect people scumreading you?

I think you just explained why. Ofc its going to feel weird changing metas and seeing everything be different...but that doesnt mean its not going to feel weird. So ofc it felt weird. But again, its meta so I really do think its pointless to discuss this.


What?

I really do want an answer. If this method worked for you in the past, why change it? And why expect people to keep scumreading you if you weren't actively trolling to try to get scum to push you?

? I just explained these 2 questions.


You can say that you changed because it made people angry, and that answers the first question (not entirely satisfactorily for me, but whatever, it certainly can still be true).

Stating that you're used to rayn people jumping up your ass though doesn't match up with why you said you trolled before...though tbf that was years ago. Before you said you were doing it to trap scum by luring them into pushing you. Like this was an active strategy of yours. Wasn't it? Were you lying in that town game?

This is getting into really pointless details imo. But it went something like this:

I tried to play mafia normally -> got hard scum read by geript -> feelsbadman -> played in a game with rayn -> got hard scumread by him and brutally tunneled -> feelsbadman -> saw either glowingbear or alakaslam play (i dont remember which) -> was like hey they're acting crazy to get reactions this looks fun -> played another game with rayn -> he scumreads me again -> hey this looks like a good time to troll -> trolls -> was a lot of fun actually -> get a game without rayn -> hey maybe i can try trolling this game from the start rather than as a reaction -> commence trolling d1 -> post game realize that mafia lined up on my wagon nicely -> hey this can be a legit strat -> in future games with rayn or someone I find equally obnoxious use trolling as a defense mechanism -> use trolling in games without rayn as a legitimate tactic -> fast forward 2 years -> feels bad that i made a lot of ppl hate playing the game becuz of me -> decide to not troll


good read
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
March 11 2018 17:47 GMT
#1406
On March 12 2018 02:44 Fecalfeast wrote:
DF i'll team up with you who are we giving the lethal injection


Ah so killing Koshi now suddenly isn't as nice to you as you made yourself sound? Please explain.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
March 11 2018 18:23 GMT
#1408
So I post 3 minutes away from FFs last post and he still hasn't replied.

HF you agree on Koshi being the kill or do you have another idea?
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
March 11 2018 18:49 GMT
#1412
Ok so me and ff on koshi. Not a fan of plans to kill HF, but it comes down to df/noobking.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
March 11 2018 20:01 GMT
#1420
Why aren't df and noob in thread to coordinate?
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
March 11 2018 20:18 GMT
#1431
I don't think anyone calling HF mafia has actually any idea of how he plays mafia.
He certainly wouldn't be as helpful as he is being right now.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
March 11 2018 20:21 GMT
#1435
On March 12 2018 05:19 n00bKing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2018 05:10 MoosyDoosy wrote:
On March 12 2018 03:58 Holyflare wrote:
You guys should all heal a separate person in the non vt circle and that way a medic is confirmed each night possibly.

On March 12 2018 03:58 Holyflare wrote:
In the vt circle even

I am having a difficult time trying to understand this

That's because it's nonsense. He can't seem to string together even 2 posts in a row that make sense from the mind of a Town player trying to win this game.


I look forward to your nonexistent action outcome after tonight.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
March 11 2018 20:23 GMT
#1437
Or this might be a bad attempt at further pushing DF into healing HF along with noob while I get nkd.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
March 11 2018 20:23 GMT
#1440
The odds are good that df gets killed too if he's town. It's either me or him tonight.

Not going to lie I have been playing with the thought of trying a hero save on df while gambling that he's town.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
March 11 2018 20:27 GMT
#1447
On March 12 2018 05:26 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2018 05:26 Holyflare wrote:
You can even do this so you can stop being shit.

Vivax heals Holyflare.
Noobking heals slam.
Df heals moosy.
Ff heals koshi.

That way if mafia want to eliminate a vt by stacking they eliminate one of your question marks and save your town reads. Are you saying that's bad for tonight? Are you saying you'd rather chance a shot on a random guy instead of forcing mafia to play their hand?


This is quite literally the most information giving night action list.


I think we'd both be dead if we followed that.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
March 11 2018 20:32 GMT
#1452
It'd be pretty funny if Koshi is indeed scum and FF as his teammate is committed to kill him.

If Koshi isn't dead tomorrow, you know it was FF who didn't contribute as I'm not doing any hero plays against our agreement.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 477
Hyun 139
Dota 2
monkeys_forever477
League of Legends
Doublelift4210
Other Games
summit1g11668
JimRising 473
ViBE250
Livibee191
KnowMe188
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick930
BasetradeTV182
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 127
• Adnapsc2 39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie990
• Scarra847
• Shiphtur429
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 3m
Patches Events
15h 3m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 3m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 3m
OSC
23h 3m
OSC
1d 12h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.