• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:38
CEST 13:38
KST 20:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8715 users

[M][N] Medic Mafia - Page 11

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 All
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 14 2018 22:04 GMT
#2284
+ Show Spoiler +
I'm just gonna let you know that if I catch all 3 mafia (assuming Vivax is the mafia medic) AND cowboy medic save rsoultin and get lynched for it, I will die with a happy conscience knowing I did my part
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 14 2018 22:13 GMT
#2287
On March 15 2018 07:08 Fecalfeast wrote:
Also if it is just nk i can't decide if i admire the perseverance or am annoyed at him dragging it out


lol +1
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 14 2018 23:02 GMT
#2293
loooool the salt of not conceding

gg everyone
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 14 2018 23:14 GMT
#2298
On March 15 2018 08:04 Mocsta wrote:
P.S.
I am not particular to the setup; or at least the qty of discussion surrounding it.

I would have really struggled this game. So many people come in for 15min of 48hrs; to then, either blatantly +1 (a la FF) or be an independent ( a la DF).

Good, bad, or something in between: for me, makes discerning alignment more challenging than it should be.


idk what this means
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 14 2018 23:16 GMT
#2299
Like I have an 11 page filter and plenty of content inside it. I'm really not sure what your criticism is supposed to mean.

And yea, game was way too setup dependent. But i'm always down to try new things and I appreciate Calix for hosting it well
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 14 2018 23:17 GMT
#2300
Also I agree with AMG in the obs thread.

AMG kill was understandable regardless of what others said. Rsoultin was basically townread to the point of a medic claim so it was understandable (and why I saw it coming.)

watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 14 2018 23:39 GMT
#2308
On March 15 2018 08:28 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2018 08:16 darthfoley wrote:
Like I have an 11 page filter and plenty of content inside it. I'm really not sure what your criticism is supposed to mean.

And yea, game was way too setup dependent. But i'm always down to try new things and I appreciate Calix for hosting it well
Why assume a comment about being "independent" is a criticism?

All it means is that your actions are difficult to predict - and is a fact, rather a flaw or criticism.

For players whom tone read (or as I prefer, rely on the nuance of prediction); this can prove to be a very difficult challenge to overcome.



Because you said you mostly agreed with n00bking who wrote an essay about extraneous factors that all ended up sounding like whining.

Like yea, afk people playing mafia suck balls. Idk why prplhz even signs up for games tbh. But he does, so you have to accept that if you're going to play on TL Mafia.
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 14 2018 23:41 GMT
#2309
Overall I think this game wasn't bad for activity at all.

Damdred gave enough content to get a read on, FF was borderline.

I think Kelscier and prplhz (ignoring Chaoser) were the only people who truly deserve criticism for activity.
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 15 2018 00:05 GMT
#2317
On March 15 2018 08:52 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2018 08:39 darthfoley wrote:
On March 15 2018 08:28 Mocsta wrote:
On March 15 2018 08:16 darthfoley wrote:
Like I have an 11 page filter and plenty of content inside it. I'm really not sure what your criticism is supposed to mean.

And yea, game was way too setup dependent. But i'm always down to try new things and I appreciate Calix for hosting it well
Why assume a comment about being "independent" is a criticism?

All it means is that your actions are difficult to predict - and is a fact, rather a flaw or criticism.

For players whom tone read (or as I prefer, rely on the nuance of prediction); this can prove to be a very difficult challenge to overcome.



Because you said you mostly agreed with n00bking who wrote an essay about extraneous factors that all ended up sounding like whining.

Like yea, afk people playing mafia suck balls. Idk why prplhz even signs up for games tbh. But he does, so you have to accept that if you're going to play on TL Mafia.
Of course I agree with much of it, given, there are similarities to why I said I would stop playing as well.

You can choose to think it is whining, or not valid; however, the dwindling population on TLMafia is more complicated than people got older and stopped playing SC2.

Personally, I think TLMafia tends towards an abusive/bullying culture.
Some people are OK with this; some do not yet realise it is abuse; and the majority pack up and leave.



Regardless of that, I agree with you that with 115 odd pages; there was enough content between all remaining parties to figure this game out.


I guess that's your opinion. Games get heated and people get mad but from what I remember, old games with people like robotik (??) and people like that flamed much more hardcore. I only started playing TL mafia in 2015 even though I had been on the site since 2011. I enjoy the challenge of games and feel like the players that do play are generally decently high level. I've always been good at compartmentalizing things (e.g. insults in game, etc.) and not take them personally; I realize other people struggle with it.

But that's not what n00bking's rant was about. He basically wrote an essay whining that we didn't lynch HF because his reasons were so carefully and perfectly crafted, and that there were AFK people. He never mentioned anything about cyber bullying and the stuff you mentioned. News flash: people here have played with HF for literally 3-6 years. Meta matters.

As HF said, part of mafia is being able to sell your case, regardless of alignment. NK tried hard enough but ultimately wasn't convincing enough. Idk why that needs a rant
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 15 2018 02:24 GMT
#2333
On March 15 2018 10:42 MoosyDoosy wrote:
What Mocsta says is very true. I definitely contributed to the toxicity during my stay here in the past but it was definitely encouraged by others.

This game wasn't that bad in terms of bullying or telling people they suck so I did enjoy playing.


Yes, there are some people I know I won't enjoy playing with as much as others for the reasons you state.

I do agree that too often, people go to the OMGUS method. This game I didn't for a few reasons. I don't even know what other sites people play on, so I can't really have other reference points.

I just didn't think this game was the right time to bring that up. There have defffffinitely been a few games where I would 100% agree with you and Mocsta
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
Prev 1 9 10 11 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs ShamelessLIVE!
herO vs TBD
CranKy Ducklings163
SHIN 77
CranKy Ducklings SOOP47
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 317
ByuN 279
OGKoka 270
SHIN 77
MindelVK 24
Railgan 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 69554
Calm 10495
Rain 2645
FanTaSy 1006
Bisu 966
soO 880
Soulkey 508
Stork 394
Shuttle 293
Rush 277
[ Show more ]
Soma 218
firebathero 204
Last 153
Light 147
Snow 142
Mind 89
Pusan 74
ToSsGirL 60
Shinee 44
Bale 37
Killer 32
Trap 31
Hm[arnc] 27
hero 26
Mong 26
Sharp 23
Sexy 21
Free 20
zelot 19
yabsab 17
Shine 16
HiyA 14
Sacsri 12
scan(afreeca) 12
sorry 12
Aegong 10
IntoTheRainbow 9
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7611
Dendi1
League of Legends
Reynor89
Counter-Strike
x6flipin334
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King97
Other Games
gofns33988
singsing2198
byalli620
B2W.Neo296
Pyrionflax259
Chillindude9
ToD2
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV203
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 102
• Gemini_19 9
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV550
League of Legends
• Jankos3251
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
3h 22m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 22m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 22m
OSC
11h 22m
Replay Cast
11h 22m
OSC
1d
WardiTV Weekly
1d 23h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.