• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:28
CEST 22:28
KST 05:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8871 users

[M][N] Medic Mafia

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
February 17 2018 00:03 GMT
#7
/in
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
February 21 2018 23:40 GMT
#63
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
February 26 2018 17:06 GMT
#66
ded gaem
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 06 2018 02:17 GMT
#138
hello
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 06 2018 02:44 GMT
#145
i think i'm gonna come back later/tomorrow and reread the OP. Not in the mood atm
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 06 2018 02:44 GMT
#146
On March 06 2018 11:31 MoosyDoosy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2018 11:17 darthfoley wrote:
hello

oh shit it's a new person. hello person how do you think we should play this setup


idk man, i'll take a look into it later.
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 06 2018 19:39 GMT
#274
On March 06 2018 13:59 AMG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2018 11:36 Tubesock wrote:
On March 06 2018 11:26 n00bKing wrote:
On March 06 2018 11:10 MoosyDoosy wrote:
I miss the presence of a rayn-like person plugging me in the butthole and telling me i suck at this game

I can start telling you that you suck at this game, if that'll help. You'll have to go somewhere else for the rest of that, though.
On March 06 2018 11:08 MoosyDoosy wrote:
I'm pretty sure Fecal was exaggerating by his D2 mass claim. Mass claiming is going to happen but I don't see it happening on D2 unless the game is really easy and we nail mafia really early

I dunno, the pre-game discussion sounds to me like people are talking about mass claiming early game and not late game. And now I can't ask them to clarify what they meant, because they either aren't in the game or I can no longer trust them to tell me the truth about it.

But speaking of the pre-game discussion, now that I've read through it again, it occurs to me that I don't even know for sure what the setup for the game IS.

We had this:
On February 19 2018 23:28 Calix wrote:
I'm leaning towards giving mafia another role since people seem to agree that makes the game easier for mafia.

and then this:
On February 19 2018 23:45 Calix wrote:
Two Roleblockers might be fine then. I'll see what other people think and if nobody has a serious problem with it then I'll change the Mafioso to a PR.

and then that was it. So was the setup changed? Am I allowed to ask the Narrator to tell us whether the setup changed? Because if the setup isn't as town-favored as it was initially, that will definitely change my strategy.


Didn't you just chastise me for talking about mass claiming strategy? And here you are talking about setup and strategy.

Your hypocrisy is delicious.


He did not chastise you at all. Why are you so pricky?


Pretty much my reaction
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 06 2018 19:47 GMT
#275
On March 06 2018 16:24 Holyflare wrote:
Tubesock has called me medic!

Not just town or mafia. Medic. Let that sink in.

##vote tubesock


bait more
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 06 2018 19:48 GMT
#276
On March 06 2018 16:27 n00bKing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2018 16:04 rsoultin wrote:
On March 06 2018 16:00 MoosyDoosy wrote:
I thought Damdred was pretty town so far what makes you think he's scum?

My impression of his game so far can be boiled down to two sentences:

Hey guys how should we play the setup that doesn't matter for another 48 hours!

Hey guys do you have any thoughts?

The first is fine if he were trying to get reads, but given the lack of reads he apparently got from it hes coming across to me as existing rather than solving.

I feel like this would be more significant if he had actually come back, and said some things that didn't contribute anything worthwhile. As it stands now, he just...hasn't been back. So maybe you'll get what you want from him when he returns. Unless Damdred is a "constantly checking the game" type of guy, I don't really see anything to hate on.

His post that said "Well this will be my last game for awhile as I don't think its fair to further strain my activity level with my new job" was made before roles went out. It offers him cover to fake being afk if he drew scum in this game, but I don't know if there's anything we can do about it. If that's what happened, then it just...worked out nice for him. lol


This dude is town
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 06 2018 19:50 GMT
#277
On March 06 2018 16:30 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2018 16:27 Tubesock wrote:
On March 06 2018 08:47 Holyflare wrote:
I'm a medic.


Uhm...you called you a medic....


Yes and as noobking says someone said I can do that as either alignment or any role but you have specifically said I'm a medic. There's a big difference from saying what I said means nothing to saying what I said means I am medic but either alignment. It appears like you know I'm medic but then add a hedge on top as a "oh I don't know" to fit in. It's a weird thought process comparatively to hf can be anything.


He wouldn't know you were medic even if he were mafia. You're making this sound like TMI when it just isn't. There are 3 town medics???
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 06 2018 19:52 GMT
#278
On March 06 2018 16:32 n00bKing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2018 16:11 rsoultin wrote:
On March 06 2018 16:05 n00bKing wrote:
On March 06 2018 14:45 Tubesock wrote:
Do you think he's right? Should we not talk about mass claiming D2? Is there a difference of talking about mass claiming and the timing of it? Does anyone actually think the medics shouldn't EVER mass claim? So, obviously if you are going to discuss strategy you will be talking about the timing. I didn't like him saying "talking about D2 claim is a distraction" and then he goes back to talking about mass claiming. It's scummy to try to shut down discussion especially when nothing else is going on.

Talking about D2 mass claim is a distraction, when we're not in D2. Again, we'll have more information on whether a D2 mass claim would be beneficial once we're actually IN D2. If we tried to make a decision about it now, something could happen before then that changes the equation.

Talking about whether to mass claim on D2 during D1 prevents scumhunting by letting the thread be clogged up with a decision that can't be acted on yet, based on variables that could be completely different by the time it CAN be acted on. It also needlessly lengthens the thread, making it tougher to re-read later.

And then I went back to talking about mass claiming. YUP. Because the decision to make on Day ONE is whether or not we should have a mass claim on Day ONE. THIS is what we should be talking about. But first, I'd sure like verification from the Narrator on whether the setup is the one posted in the OP, or the one he said he'd be changing it to, because that also changes the equation.

I'd say no, thus, bored.

Let's talk reads!

By all means, talk reads. But do you have anything to add to why your attitude toward the Day 1 mass claim is "no"? I think a "yes" or "no" becomes a lot more valuable when someone explains their reasoning behind it.


Idk I think mass claiming too early turns this game into a mechanic-obsessed game (which it already kind of is) in which people forget to make organic reads on people. Makes more sense to see everyone playing the game for a while before mass claims happen. Do you have a particular reason you want D1 mass claims that I've missed?
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 06 2018 19:59 GMT
#279
On March 06 2018 17:48 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2018 17:08 Tubesock wrote:
On March 06 2018 17:01 rsoultin wrote:
:/

I'm a bit sad I'm not getting more lynch Damdred support.

Like the pressure on tubesock though so I'm going to try not to sulk too obstructively.

I agree with AMG. It's almost like you don't care to get a read on someone with an opposite opinion of you, tubesock.


I don't think I'd get anything out of a conversation with AMG. Prickly players only scum? That's certainly not my experience at all so we don't have common ground there. And I was more interested in n00bking. Which I'm still deciding on. I still don't like hypocrisy. I think his nitpicking is his way of digging deep for more understanding so I think it's towny.


Fair. Damdred lynching time then?

Though I must say amg is one of the smexiest players in this game to me. It makes it harder for me to accept people not having an opinion in him.


Why do you say this but then one post later claim that n00bking is the only unlynchable player at this point. Surely "smexiest" can be read to = town. So why don't you feel similarly about AMG?
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 06 2018 20:02 GMT
#282
On March 06 2018 20:18 prplhz wrote:
This whole Tubesock push seems like something I'd like, but be wrong about. I'm interested in seeing where it goes though.

AMG seems to be making excuses for scumreading people.


Not sure what this is referring to. I feel like AMG has been pretty open so far
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 06 2018 20:06 GMT
#283
On March 07 2018 03:36 rsoultin wrote:
There's just something really off about DF's entry. He's in the thread while people are talking about things, and tubesock had already made his (bad?) post (though no one had called him out for it yet), and he just...isn't in the mood?

It makes me think he didn't like his role pm. Especially since he seemed to feel the need to respond to moosey and to make his excuses. Idk.

It's a pretty weak read, though. I mean there's always the possibility he has something to be down about irl...just find it odd when it's coupled with a need to post in thread. In his place, if I wasn't in the mood to play the game due to external factors, I probably just wouldn't bother until later. It's not like he was being pressured or anything to significantly change his willingness to play between his entry and that post.


I felt bad just peacing without saying anything because Moosy was like "yayyy another person exists!" but at the time I didn't feel like engaging with the thread at all. Personal reasons that I won't get into. I see where you're coming from though
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 06 2018 20:07 GMT
#284
On March 07 2018 04:04 Damdred wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2018 03:53 rsoultin wrote:
On March 07 2018 03:50 Damdred wrote:
lol yeah thats not exactly waht I meant FF XD, why do you like him for scum.

Besides that I might disagree tina about DF slightly.


Yeah? I know it's weak, but why do you disagree?


He does sound defeated and what not, but the DF i've played with doesn't mind rolling scum. He generally fights hard as scum and is excellent at keeping his tone somewhere in the realm of his town game.

I just think its a weird opening for him regardless of his alignment and i'd much rather not even think about lynching him for it just because its so outside meta for him it doesn't register for either side.


I think this is a very correct assessment of my game play and I will reward you with a light town read
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 06 2018 20:12 GMT
#288
Okay i've caught up.

AMG and n00b are pretty townie ATM. I think Damdred is kinda townie right now actually, for once. Maybe rsoultin too, because I agree with her about Tubesock. He might be mafia, but not for the reasons HF is pushing. The medic thing is really NAI even if it's "strange"

Lynch pool of prplhz, FF and Tubesock for the time being. I really didn't like how FF announced his first read, then felt the need to explain why he's scumreading prplhz in the next post. I think you either 1) do both in one post or 2) announce your scum read, then explain it if asked. Just felt a tad like he's trying to make sure everyone knows he has reasoning behind his scumread, if that makes sense.
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 06 2018 20:14 GMT
#289
On March 07 2018 05:10 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2018 04:59 darthfoley wrote:
On March 06 2018 17:48 rsoultin wrote:
On March 06 2018 17:08 Tubesock wrote:
On March 06 2018 17:01 rsoultin wrote:
:/

I'm a bit sad I'm not getting more lynch Damdred support.

Like the pressure on tubesock though so I'm going to try not to sulk too obstructively.

I agree with AMG. It's almost like you don't care to get a read on someone with an opposite opinion of you, tubesock.


I don't think I'd get anything out of a conversation with AMG. Prickly players only scum? That's certainly not my experience at all so we don't have common ground there. And I was more interested in n00bking. Which I'm still deciding on. I still don't like hypocrisy. I think his nitpicking is his way of digging deep for more understanding so I think it's towny.


Fair. Damdred lynching time then?

Though I must say amg is one of the smexiest players in this game to me. It makes it harder for me to accept people not having an opinion in him.


Why do you say this but then one post later claim that n00bking is the only unlynchable player at this point. Surely "smexiest" can be read to = town. So why don't you feel similarly about AMG?


Pardon?


You made a post about how n00bking is 10000% not in your lynch pool ATM. But you seem to be heavily town reading AMG too, so I'm just confused why he wasn't part of this unlynchable pool. It's a minor inconsistency that I'm just confused about
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 06 2018 22:24 GMT
#346
On March 07 2018 07:04 rsoultin wrote:
Anyway.

TLDR
- organic reads from Damdred in line with a normal D1 for him, plus easy tone earns him a cookie
- DF just being a boss and poking into good corners, while responding in a way to a scumread that doesn't resemble my impression of his scum play outweighs any meh feels about his afking earlier

Hopefully that clears things up for you. I think you're probably even more likely town for your read on me (sadly), so carry on.


I'm not voting on rsoultin today I think. Tonally town and again I think her reason to townread me makes sense based off of our short playing history etc.

I'm just not seeing what Moosy is. I'm gonna look at his filter later.
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 06 2018 22:25 GMT
#347
Like I can see myself having a similar weak scum read on someone who did what I did. At least to stir the pot a bit cuz at the time she made that read, the thread was a "poop on tubesock" fest iirc
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 06 2018 22:27 GMT
#348
n00b/rsoultin/AMG/Damdred is my town list ATM
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O142
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason399
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 608
ZZZero.O 142
Zeus 65
soO 55
Hyun 44
Dota 2
qojqva2212
canceldota46
League of Legends
Doublelift1077
Counter-Strike
fl0m5712
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4035
Liquid`Hasu656
Other Games
summit1g4091
FrodaN1249
KnowMe336
ToD251
Pyrionflax198
420jenkins193
Livibee175
QueenE101
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick797
StarCraft 2
angryscii 39
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 92
• Hupsaiya 51
• Adnapsc2 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 35
• FirePhoenix4
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1834
Other Games
• imaqtpie863
• Shiphtur711
• Scarra1
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 32m
Patches Events
18h 32m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 32m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 32m
OSC
1d 2h
OSC
1d 15h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.