• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:26
CEST 00:26
KST 07:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9037 users

[M][N] Medic Mafia - Page 10

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 Next All
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 13 2018 22:55 GMT
#2159
On March 14 2018 07:52 MoosyDoosy wrote:
Honestly though the play probably is to just stick to our guns and kill me but I think the darthfoley tinfoil deserves to have another look. Because his behavior here is way too weird


No it's not.

rsoultin is town and I think slam is town

leaves you and hf

...

watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 13 2018 22:56 GMT
#2163
On March 14 2018 07:55 n00bKing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2018 07:52 MoosyDoosy wrote:
tl;dr

kill me here
vivax/holyflare one possibility
darthfoley tinfoil another. DOn't discredit this possibility

I like how your tl;dr is more lines than any of your other posts. Anyway, enjoy being dead. And Alakaslam, enjoy being the N3 kill! zzzzzz


n3 kill?
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 13 2018 23:01 GMT
#2173
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 13 2018 23:10 GMT
#2186
just gonna say

vigidocc'd scum n1
cowboy save n2
scum lynch d3

big boy plays
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 13 2018 23:24 GMT
#2203
It's almost certainly n00bking.

If it's not, it's Vivax
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 13 2018 23:25 GMT
#2204
Actually it's not Vivax at all, what am I talking about
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 13 2018 23:25 GMT
#2205
I wondered why neither FF or NK would ninja switch back onto Moosy while Vivax was on him.

Now it makes a lot more sense
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 13 2018 23:26 GMT
#2206
For Vivax to be scum

1) NK or FF had to be AFK or very suboptimal and silly (FF I guess could fit the bill)
or
2) Vivax was playing the super long con. But if that were the case, he would've tried harder to save Moosy

Gotta be NK
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 13 2018 23:35 GMT
#2212
On March 14 2018 08:31 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2018 08:26 darthfoley wrote:
For Vivax to be scum

1) NK or FF had to be AFK or very suboptimal and silly (FF I guess could fit the bill)
or
2) Vivax was playing the super long con. But if that were the case, he would've tried harder to save Moosy

Gotta be NK


-blinks-

For Viva to be scum he had to risk a real medic outing Moosy/him either by being dumb enough to heal his own scummate where another medic decided to secretly join him (though that might get him enough town cred to carry I haven't done the maths), or not, another medic secretly joins in and Moosy doesn't die.

NK is most likely. FF after that I think but his recent posting would be kinda wild if he were scum unless he was just realizing it here as he posted lol ><


Well actually

Vivax could've claimed to heal Moosy but actually healed Koshi.

But I'm not gonna entertain that ATM

So

Confirmed town: rsoultin, HF, me (unless you wanna be daft)

Possible scum is in FF/Vivax/NK

Do we all heal NK? Rsoultin will probably die though. I can't save her again
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 13 2018 23:40 GMT
#2213
Sorry, slam is confirmed town too.

6v1
4v1 medic kill + scum KP
3v1 ML
1v1 Medic kill + scum KP.

We could still lose, depending on variables
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 13 2018 23:41 GMT
#2214
Mafia has to shoot into VTs now right?
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 14 2018 20:09 GMT
#2232
On March 15 2018 00:56 Fecalfeast wrote:
Healing nk.

If somehow it's not nk I'd have to say it's df and he made the most cowboy mafia play of 2018


stop it
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 14 2018 20:42 GMT
#2244
On March 15 2018 05:26 n00bKing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2018 05:15 Holyflare wrote:
Are you mad that despite having all these reasons to lynch me I somehow convinced every single person in this game to vote not me?

YES. I thought that was obvious, when I said that I had 15-17 distinct reasons for scumreading you, and could not get people to even discuss them.


but you were... wrong?

soooo are you basically just conceding because that's what this sounds like
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 14 2018 20:47 GMT
#2248
On March 15 2018 05:38 n00bKing wrote:
Don't know how much longer the game will end up taking. I'll probably check in it here and there. But in case I'm not around for the post-game, I'll go ahead and give a couple of thoughts now.

I think the game culture here is pretty toxic.

The idea that rsoul would feel like she has to defend HF regarding his anti-town behavior because "he pushes the mafia agenda while he's town" is baffling. The idea that HF would himself tell me he shouldn't be scum-read for pushing the mafia agenda because he would do it while town is baffling. The fact that it was true he was town in this game is insane.

NO player should EVER be forced into a position where they have to defend someone else from the noose, on the basis of "he tries to help the scum team even when he's town." Why would a town player do that? I've still never heard an excuse for it, just that he DOES it. Why??! That should be a viable reason to scumread someone, over and over and over.

In this game, I caught Holyflare in 3 separate instances of trying to push us in scum-favored directions, instead of just following the ALREADY-ESTABLISHED pro-town plan. This should ALWAYS be good cause to scumread a player.

I also caught him in both logical inconsistencies AND the use of logical fallacies. The false dichotomy I caught him trying to use was terrible. This should ALWAYS be good cause to scumread a player.

In his attacks on his scumreads and in his defenses of himself, he very consistently said things that simply were not true. That could be verified as untrue if anyone just *actually* went back to look, as I did. I repeatedly said that if anyone just goes back and actually looks at the way [occasion] happened, they'll see that he can only be mistaken or LYING, and nothing else. Seemingly, no one ever looked but me. When the argument between the two of us reached its apex, he was putting a falsehood in at least every other post. This should ALWAYS be good cause to scumread a player.

I don't want to play in games where these are not reliable indicators of scum play, because there is a guy who plays anti-town in his town for no reason. I want to play in games where finding someone *actively working* to help scum win the game...is probably scum. And if I were hosting a game, I would probably ask HF not to participate in it, so that the other players could play the game the way it's meant to be played. I think the way he played this game is against the very spirit of the game itself, and robs other players of the experience they are intended to have. The other places I play, someone like HF couldn't exist for very long. He would have been RELIGIOUSLY lynched for his scum-favored play (and yes, mislynched sometimes, if that's what it took) until he LEARNED BETTER.

You also have a big "afk players" problem. I talked about this 2 or 3 years ago, but if this game is any indication? Your problem here has only gotten worse, and not better.

On the site I play most often, we don't even hold open "replacement" slots during registration. If a game fills, it starts. And even if it's a 25-player game, we don't expect that a "replacement" will definitely be needed. People sign up because they want to play.

This game, meanwhile, took over TWO WEEKS to fill, even though it required only 13 players. And then, of those 13 signups, FOUR of them did not actually play. Four of Thirteen! And that's if you say Fecalfeast DID play (which is generous. I would usually expect a player with that little activity to be pressured for "lurking" except we had several players who were somehow doing even less.)

chaoser and damdred were replaced, and prplhz and Kelsier easily *could* have been replaced. That's really...REALLY bad. Even one of the replacements (Alakaslam) never really did anything, and less than half of his posts were game-related.

I don't know if your bad-game-environment problem can be fixed at this point or not. If so, I don't know if you solve it through more aggressively lynching afk players, or if you solve it with harsher penalties for players who sign up and then don't play. But hopefully you can find SOMEthing to do about it. Or things will just remain a cesspool here. This is probably the LEAST happy I've ever been, about winning a game. Whenever the scum medic does flip, what am I gonna "celebrate" about this victory? Where 4 signups didn't play, one of the other signups played a scum-favored game while he was town, and none of the other players seemed to care that he was doing it. Yay.

I would say the likelihood is Fecalfeast > DF > Vivax, for finding the mafia medic. I would say "good luck" except that, given the way HF played this game, and given that he turned out to be town....I can't say I even care anymore either.

Peace.


Maybe the most toxic post I've ever read on TL Mafia, and that's saying something.

You go from bitching about being wrong on HF (if you're town) to the game taking long to fill. Just lol.

People stopped taking you seriously when you felt the need to make a Master's Thesis reply to literally every goddamned post in this game. Before you just start bitching about literally everything and blaming everyone but you for being wrong about 1(!!!!) person in this game, maybe you should look introspectively and realize that a flaw in your play is that you take 400 sentences to say what should take 4.

watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 14 2018 20:51 GMT
#2249
If it's somehow not NK, it is vivax IMO
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 14 2018 20:54 GMT
#2252
On March 15 2018 05:52 n00bKing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2018 05:47 darthfoley wrote:
On March 15 2018 05:38 n00bKing wrote:
Don't know how much longer the game will end up taking. I'll probably check in it here and there. But in case I'm not around for the post-game, I'll go ahead and give a couple of thoughts now.

I think the game culture here is pretty toxic.

The idea that rsoul would feel like she has to defend HF regarding his anti-town behavior because "he pushes the mafia agenda while he's town" is baffling. The idea that HF would himself tell me he shouldn't be scum-read for pushing the mafia agenda because he would do it while town is baffling. The fact that it was true he was town in this game is insane.

NO player should EVER be forced into a position where they have to defend someone else from the noose, on the basis of "he tries to help the scum team even when he's town." Why would a town player do that? I've still never heard an excuse for it, just that he DOES it. Why??! That should be a viable reason to scumread someone, over and over and over.

In this game, I caught Holyflare in 3 separate instances of trying to push us in scum-favored directions, instead of just following the ALREADY-ESTABLISHED pro-town plan. This should ALWAYS be good cause to scumread a player.

I also caught him in both logical inconsistencies AND the use of logical fallacies. The false dichotomy I caught him trying to use was terrible. This should ALWAYS be good cause to scumread a player.

In his attacks on his scumreads and in his defenses of himself, he very consistently said things that simply were not true. That could be verified as untrue if anyone just *actually* went back to look, as I did. I repeatedly said that if anyone just goes back and actually looks at the way [occasion] happened, they'll see that he can only be mistaken or LYING, and nothing else. Seemingly, no one ever looked but me. When the argument between the two of us reached its apex, he was putting a falsehood in at least every other post. This should ALWAYS be good cause to scumread a player.

I don't want to play in games where these are not reliable indicators of scum play, because there is a guy who plays anti-town in his town for no reason. I want to play in games where finding someone *actively working* to help scum win the game...is probably scum. And if I were hosting a game, I would probably ask HF not to participate in it, so that the other players could play the game the way it's meant to be played. I think the way he played this game is against the very spirit of the game itself, and robs other players of the experience they are intended to have. The other places I play, someone like HF couldn't exist for very long. He would have been RELIGIOUSLY lynched for his scum-favored play (and yes, mislynched sometimes, if that's what it took) until he LEARNED BETTER.

You also have a big "afk players" problem. I talked about this 2 or 3 years ago, but if this game is any indication? Your problem here has only gotten worse, and not better.

On the site I play most often, we don't even hold open "replacement" slots during registration. If a game fills, it starts. And even if it's a 25-player game, we don't expect that a "replacement" will definitely be needed. People sign up because they want to play.

This game, meanwhile, took over TWO WEEKS to fill, even though it required only 13 players. And then, of those 13 signups, FOUR of them did not actually play. Four of Thirteen! And that's if you say Fecalfeast DID play (which is generous. I would usually expect a player with that little activity to be pressured for "lurking" except we had several players who were somehow doing even less.)

chaoser and damdred were replaced, and prplhz and Kelsier easily *could* have been replaced. That's really...REALLY bad. Even one of the replacements (Alakaslam) never really did anything, and less than half of his posts were game-related.

I don't know if your bad-game-environment problem can be fixed at this point or not. If so, I don't know if you solve it through more aggressively lynching afk players, or if you solve it with harsher penalties for players who sign up and then don't play. But hopefully you can find SOMEthing to do about it. Or things will just remain a cesspool here. This is probably the LEAST happy I've ever been, about winning a game. Whenever the scum medic does flip, what am I gonna "celebrate" about this victory? Where 4 signups didn't play, one of the other signups played a scum-favored game while he was town, and none of the other players seemed to care that he was doing it. Yay.

I would say the likelihood is Fecalfeast > DF > Vivax, for finding the mafia medic. I would say "good luck" except that, given the way HF played this game, and given that he turned out to be town....I can't say I even care anymore either.

Peace.


Maybe the most toxic post I've ever read on TL Mafia, and that's saying something.

You go from bitching about being wrong on HF (if you're town) to the game taking long to fill. Just lol.

People stopped taking you seriously when you felt the need to make a Master's Thesis reply to literally every goddamned post in this game. Before you just start bitching about literally everything and blaming everyone but you for being wrong about 1(!!!!) person in this game, maybe you should look introspectively and realize that a flaw in your play is that you take 400 sentences to say what should take 4.

No.

(was that concise enough for you?)

The way I play has yielded extremely strong results. I'm not gonna mess with success, thanks.


cya
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 14 2018 20:57 GMT
#2255
On March 15 2018 05:54 rsoultin wrote:
Oh, idk. We can still vig shot two medic claims? For no real added value other than a shorter game. Though probably a bad idea here because if nk is town I don't think anyone has put in the work to secure a scum flip. I know I haven't.


I wouldn't mind a 2 for 1 if it shortens the game without lowering our % to win
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 14 2018 21:00 GMT
#2257
If we go 2 for 1 I think it should be NK and Vivax.
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 14 2018 21:31 GMT
#2277
On March 15 2018 06:23 Alakaslam wrote:
So like, the thing is, I cannot decieve myself on this one.

In 2007, every Friday for the months of March and April I underwent psychiatric evaluation. I turned out to be severely socially impaired (retarded) but, creatively a genius. This is strange to me as I haven’t written anything of note.

I sometimes wonder if I’m simply a dormant schizophrenic who was misdiagnosed but I have no real significant knowledge of what schizophrenia is.


This reminds me of a kushm4sta blog post with less masturbating
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 14 2018 21:56 GMT
#2282
yall are really tripping if you think I have a chance to be mafia here
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O163
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 514
ZZZero.O 161
Hyun 92
Dota 2
monkeys_forever247
League of Legends
Doublelift3396
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5283
Liquid`Hasu496
Other Games
summit1g12364
FrodaN1573
JimRising 324
KnowMe279
Livibee200
ViBE53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick707
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 134
• Adnapsc2 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix6
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra901
Other Games
• imaqtpie1229
• Shiphtur568
• tFFMrPink 9
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 34m
Patches Events
16h 34m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 34m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 34m
OSC
1d
OSC
1d 13h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.