• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:42
CEST 08:42
KST 15:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6556 users

Newbie Student Mafia XXVIII - Page 14

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 18 Next All
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 27 2018 00:15 GMT
#1330
On January 27 2018 09:14 Rels wrote:
the fact that you were sooooo ready to say you didn't kill BTDT is so suspicious too. Like you knew scum wouldn't target him


Either they kill him and I look better or they don't kill him and I look better. Win win.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 27 2018 00:16 GMT
#1336
On January 27 2018 09:15 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2018 09:11 Holyflare wrote:
I saw you claim blue. If I was mafia I would without a doubt kill you because you're confirmed town AND blue and the rber is dead.

Pretty sure this does not mean anything. Especially since you know that btdt is a very bad nightkill otherwise and I doubt you were 100 % sure about this. And who knows - maybe btdt was the target? Ever thought about that?


He's the doctor. So no.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 27 2018 00:22 GMT
#1340
On January 27 2018 09:19 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2018 09:16 Holyflare wrote:
On January 27 2018 09:15 justanothertownie wrote:
On January 27 2018 09:11 Holyflare wrote:
I saw you claim blue. If I was mafia I would without a doubt kill you because you're confirmed town AND blue and the rber is dead.

Pretty sure this does not mean anything. Especially since you know that btdt is a very bad nightkill otherwise and I doubt you were 100 % sure about this. And who knows - maybe btdt was the target? Ever thought about that?


He's the doctor. So no.

Ok, first:
Why are you so certain about that?
second:
Why on earth would you say this as town?

I am sorry if I am destroying a legitimate town strategy here but we have enough mislynches.


On January 24 2018 18:51 beentheredonethat wrote:
(Sidenote - Vig is an investigative role. Having another Cop means two investigative roles. My assumption is that we don't have a GF but Vig/Doc vs. Goon/Goon/RB)



On January 27 2018 01:32 beentheredonethat wrote:
So that only works if he thinks I'm the godfather but for some reason, he didn't have this thought before. Why did he not have this thought before? Because it's vig/doc vs. goon/goon/rb, he's a goon and he's not aware that town isn't aware of the scum roles.



On January 27 2018 01:32 beentheredonethat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2018 01:31 justanothertownie wrote:
On January 27 2018 01:30 beentheredonethat wrote:
Damerion says: "I have a green check on BTDT". Kmatt says: "I believe the claim! I'm lynching BTDT."

That's not the worst point. But not conclusive either since the green checks basically meant nothing due to the almost guaranteed presence of a godfather.

There shouldn't be a godfather in. Vig/Cop are both investigative. I'm locked on vig/doc vs. goon/goon/rb.


He's said it about three times out of the blue and seemed sure. I want to win the game by hopefully not dying and convincing people because that's more fun for me than just yelling and dying and then you lynching kmatt afterwards and I don't care if I out the blue anyway. I'd much rather have some fun and just reveal my alignment by actually doing dumb things that a mafia hf wouldn't ever do. Like not killing the doc with no rb left.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 27 2018 00:24 GMT
#1341
On January 27 2018 09:20 beentheredonethat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2018 09:16 Holyflare wrote:
On January 27 2018 09:15 justanothertownie wrote:
On January 27 2018 09:11 Holyflare wrote:
I saw you claim blue. If I was mafia I would without a doubt kill you because you're confirmed town AND blue and the rber is dead.

Pretty sure this does not mean anything. Especially since you know that btdt is a very bad nightkill otherwise and I doubt you were 100 % sure about this. And who knows - maybe btdt was the target? Ever thought about that?


He's the doctor. So no.

Can you do a selfie once this game is over just so I can see how you look when you realize you're wrong?


I wouldn't be shocked if I was wrong but it made sense to me and it looked like it was true so that's more than enough for me to base my own play off of. I can't control what mafia do.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 27 2018 00:26 GMT
#1344
So today the plan of action is really quite simple. Kmatt turns up and actually has to post some reads and give explanations for his reads throughout the game. He promised them by the end of last night and much like his partner didn't provide them. You must hold him accountable because his only out is to wagon on me.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 27 2018 00:26 GMT
#1345
On January 27 2018 09:26 Rels wrote:
I suppose you were convinced BTDT was doc, and you took a gamble between JAT and I, to try and say this exact excuse and try to survive. Sorry that didn't work out.


You're really quite boring.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 27 2018 00:27 GMT
#1347
On January 27 2018 09:26 Holyflare wrote:
So today the plan of action is really quite simple. Kmatt turns up and actually has to post some reads and give explanations for his reads throughout the game. He promised them by the end of last night and much like his partner didn't provide them. You must hold him accountable because his only out is to wagon on me.


Just remember this please. Not one of you has even talked to kmatt once. That's just really bad play.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 27 2018 01:05 GMT
#1358
That is what we call in this business a narrative. It's very bad and you shouldn't do that.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 27 2018 01:06 GMT
#1359
On January 27 2018 09:37 Rels wrote:
I'm pretty sure he's scum though. The more the game advances the more I see the strategy. That play makes so much sense with HF as scum that has been bluereading BTDT since the beginning. Last night he planned this gamble to try to survive two lynches.
That just fits. It's awesome. Kmatt being scum doesn't fit. This fits perfectly. Old HF couldn't be assed to tryhard his way to victory, and instead prepared the Damerion fakeclaim plan, then the "dont shoot the doc even though I know the doc" plan.


If you can point to any game where I have been mafia and have ever made a plan in advance other than just yolo do whatever then I will concede.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 27 2018 01:11 GMT
#1360
In fact I'd much rather we skip 48 hours of this game so we can get to next cycle without me being in the way. The amount of bull shit rels spouts is just far too much for me to care anymore.

Just make sure you question the shit out of kmatt because he's not 100% scum even if it's very likely. Mocsta is still on the table.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 27 2018 13:41 GMT
#1364
I genuinely think I wouldn't push mafia agenda this hard as mafia lol.

Either way, I think you should be looking into kmatt/mocsta and eventually rels if it gets to that.

I think what rels posted about mdergs vote on damerion on the day prplhz got lynched is quite a redeeming factor for him.

I think Mocsta is pretty much just commenting on random things in the game and existing. I don't know how to explain it other than that. If I try and look back and remember anything Mocsta has said the entirety of the game then I draw a huge blank because nothing has stood out, nothing is memorable. All I see are random soliloquies, they fall on deaf ears and he doesn't seem to care. There's no passion or anything behind his words. He also tried to be hipster on all the lynches we've had so far. On Damdred it wasn't that he got caught out in some weird meta thing it was that he was appealing to people's emotions and definitely not to do with the other thing. Even scum read me straight after damdred despite having the same scum read. Felt very unnatural.

Kmatt has pretty much had no scum reads, has commented on random things. Said his town read was scummy for afking (despite afking multiple times this game), has a scum read on btdt for ...? and has a scum read on Mocsta for being hollow but then town reads Mocsta for the cop check and scum reads btdt even though they are the same check. It's just arbitrary assigning of things. Now that the cop has flipped those two people should come back on his radar but we haven't heard a single thing in terms of reads from him. I asked him one simple question about it and he returned and ignored it. Now that rels has started pushing me I've magically jumped into the limelight despite not once in this entire game has he called me mafia.

Then there's that giant post he wrote which has backwards logic about how if I was town I have already won the game by lynching him but if he's town that doesn't make the slightest bit of sense. If he's town and I'm town then me backing off and giving him a chance to explain his things should be perfect for him because then there's a chance the game isn't lost if he gets lynched. I still don't understand it. Will he ever explain it? Doubt it.

If all else fails just lynch rels. Everything I post he just writes a mafia narrative for it. I've asked him to back off and reconsider a different world because he WILL be wrong but he just repeats the same narrative again. He fails to explore alternatives and I guarantee after I get lynched it will be "oh, he played so bad it's his fault" rather than his fault for not even engaging in different scenarios. Everyone already knows his case on me so why can't he just let it rest and theorise about other scenarios where he could be wrong? It all seems very forced to me. Way too over the top.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 27 2018 14:05 GMT
#1368
Wouldn't say 100%, there's a chance that they were all afk enough to just not submit actions but it's close enough. The vote from df, the rbs etc etc.

Mderg I dunno, pretty hesitant because reading back on him he's not actually said that much at all and seems to be overplaying his df read but his vote on damerion over pprlhz is pretty good for him. I also felt he was a bit towny on d1. It's weak but it's more than I have for the others.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 27 2018 14:08 GMT
#1369
On January 27 2018 23:02 justanothertownie wrote:
You are in a uniquely fortunate position to solve this game and you have the filters of 2 dead mafia to analyze too. Any further analysis is appreciated. Btdt is 100 % town to you I understand?


I mean so are you? Just look at me being town, even if you want to vote me, and do the same. Not rocket science tbh.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 27 2018 14:09 GMT
#1370
I think Mocsta's reaction to the btdt rb situation looked really bad like he wanted to keep all his options open on who to lynch somehow. Maybe. He's voting to save me so he can't be all that bad.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 27 2018 14:24 GMT
#1375
Which is irrelevant until we know what happened or you're finally ready to admit you're the doctor and I'm town
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 27 2018 14:29 GMT
#1379
honestly if I was mafia I would have thought you were blue anyway but I still don't think i'd rb
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 27 2018 14:34 GMT
#1384
Rels is slimy and yes I absolutely think he's capable of bussing, especially when there's a massive consensus going against your team mate.

I think it's more of a slim chance than simply Kmatt or you being mafia however.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 27 2018 16:32 GMT
#1390
Before the cop claim shenanigans what were your reads Kmatt?
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 27 2018 16:32 GMT
#1391
And why do you actually scum read me?
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 27 2018 16:34 GMT
#1392
If you ARE town then you have to do something amazing and some hardcore digging on why someone else is mafia because I'm going to flip town and you will without a doubt be next. So that should be weighing on your mind big time.
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 3116
Rain 1718
GuemChi 536
FanTaSy 526
sSak 80
Hm[arnc] 33
Bale 32
ajuk12(nOOB) 20
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm164
League of Legends
JimRising 610
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King188
Other Games
summit1g7713
WinterStarcraft645
KnowMe79
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick699
BasetradeTV165
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki26
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2191
League of Legends
• Lourlo1155
• Rush938
• Stunt472
Other Games
• Shiphtur966
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
3h 18m
INu's Battles
4h 18m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
6h 18m
OSC
15h 33m
Replay Cast
16h 18m
OSC
1d 16h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.