• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:28
CEST 02:28
KST 09:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8752 users

Newbie Student Mafia XXVIII - Page 12

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 All
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 04 2018 00:53 GMT
#2097
Oh, please! I should really try not to vomit all over the thread...take one million.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 04 2018 00:55 GMT
#2098
On February 04 2018 09:46 mderg wrote:
Mocsta monologues were a great read. Every scum should do something like that.


Also, I like you Random thing to say, obviously. But you're fun to play with. Hope to see you around some more.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 04 2018 09:41 GMT
#2125
Yeah honestly I don't know. I think your last three would be tough to beat in almost any combo, but the one you picked was probably the least likely to work.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 04 2018 09:51 GMT
#2127
You did extremely well with a crippled scum team against a stacked town, mocsta...JAT and koshi replacing into two afk slots boned you hard.

Any scum team that manages to mislynch all three of Damdred, Rels and HF is pretty baller; I think you'd have been fine without the replacements. (Also not sure if I ever would have caught you after lynching Damerion. Maybe after mislynching HF lol...hard to say when I didn't in obs but would have put more work in if still in the game. Maybe you should have taken me to lylo!)

And yes @kita. I do think setting the newbie standard to no replacements after the start of D3 would be justified. Also, thanks for the hosting, man
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 04 2018 09:54 GMT
#2128
On February 04 2018 18:44 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2018 18:41 rsoultin wrote:
Yeah honestly I don't know. I think your last three would be tough to beat in almost any combo, but the one you picked was probably the least likely to work.
As per monologues lol, I was mostly concerned that mderg wouldnt be present for the 48hrs and then land an unpredictable last minute vote.

So true lesson is, I should have fought harder to avoid the Rels mislynch.
I needed Rels in the final 3.


Probably, yeah. I think you were cataloguing how much people could be influenced? You had toughies left Not that Rels can't be stubborn, too.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 04 2018 09:55 GMT
#2129
Generally if taking confirmed town to lylo can be avoided, I would :/
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 04 2018 10:35 GMT
#2132
On February 04 2018 19:30 Mocsta wrote:
I still think biggest shame of this game is that the replacements were for new players.
Even more unfortunate is that it appears some left as they were not getting any enjoyment.

I do not know what the solution is; nor, what it could entail.

Is this the majority of what is left with TL-Mafia?


Honestly don't know. Been out for a year. This game didn't seem like it should be scaring newbies away in terms of atmosphere, though. The most acerbic parts of the game were after the replacements happened. I know for some it's just more involved, a greater time sink, than anticipated.

I also think people age out and there aren't as many younger ones coming in :/ But that may be the nature of the site itself.

"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 04 2018 10:36 GMT
#2133
On February 04 2018 19:34 Koshi wrote:
Kids these days...


-pokes- It's a wild koshi!
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 04 2018 11:31 GMT
#2136
To be fair, even if Damdred failed at 'looking innocent' because he was a goober and didn't instantly call Damerion out for taking something that he'd told Damerion he was trying to change in his play and using it to mislynch him (which is mind-boggling to me, Ian, lol, that could never be a town push with the information you had), he was getting through to some people in the game still.

I'm sad that he couldn't elaborate on his mocsta read better. I find that Damdred's way of looking at games resonates with mine more, and likely would have found his reasons more convincing. Of course, I'm also stubborn. So there's that.

-pokes Mocsta- I want to see your townplay though :/
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 04 2018 11:34 GMT
#2139
That said, JAT's point is generally right. Good reads don't mean much without the other two. And, actually, bad reads aren't as crippling as you might suspect...maybe you can't find mafia, but if you find a few good solid town reads that are better at finding mafia than you and sheep them, that's just as valuable. Sometimes moreso. Because even people who have some of the best reads are still quite often wrong.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 04 2018 11:45 GMT
#2140
On February 04 2018 20:34 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2018 18:09 Mocsta wrote:
Why didnyou vote me ?

You were suspicious all game


Me? It's pretty much because I work full time now and practically invest almost 0 time to thinking about the game and just post what I'm feeling at that current time so it all becomes a jumble of jumping between one thing and another. Unfortunately, it makes me bad even if I point out good things. Like I said, I'm not good any more. Just used to be.

I was suspicious of you but since nobody was really acknowledging it or agreeing then it felt like a wasted investment and then people started accusing me which is my biggest distraction/weakness. Now people know that I love getting in "pointless debates" as any alignment so it's all good for me.


Actually, I don't think you carried things too far this game in the 'pointless debate' department.

Ever since Himalayas I've been paranoid about you getting into arguments with me. Your scum QT with your 'shit the thread up by arguing with rsoultin' approach now just makes me question every argument we have, lol. I think I can discern the difference now. It was why I kept tonereading you town this game. So that's a plus?

I definitely still need to work on not posting emotionally. Or as much in general. It's getting better, but still reared it's ugly head with you far too much this game. Apologies for that.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 04 2018 11:52 GMT
#2142
On February 04 2018 20:47 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2018 20:31 rsoultin wrote:
-pokes Mocsta- I want to see your townplay though :/
No idea what it is. I havent played since end of 2013.

I would have been classed as paranoid and overly convoluted back then. I hope that has evolved somewhat now.


Maybe we'll get to see it in Globe 16 or whatever...

Also, thanks JAT! You broke my years' long mafia losing streak @.@
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 05 2018 00:54 GMT
#2165
On February 05 2018 09:52 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Also must say Rayn is really impressive at solving the game postgame


-flicks- You're supposed to be working, just like I'm supposed to be sleeping.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Prev 1 10 11 12 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 207
SpeCial 135
ViBE106
Nathanias 73
ProTech47
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12575
Rain 1534
GuemChi 988
Artosis 695
Bale 13
Dota 2
monkeys_forever414
Counter-Strike
minikerr7
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox903
Mew2King100
Other Games
summit1g6480
shahzam698
WinterStarcraft485
JimRising 410
C9.Mang0323
Trikslyr48
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick555
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream47
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 104
• davetesta18
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur295
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
9h 33m
INu's Battles
10h 33m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
12h 33m
OSC
21h 48m
Replay Cast
22h 33m
OSC
1d 22h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.