• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:00
CEST 22:00
KST 05:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7884 users

Newbie Student Mafia XXVIII - Page 11

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 15 Next All
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 27 2018 00:18 GMT
#1337
I understand, it's more difficult to be right on claims when it's not your partner claiming.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 27 2018 00:26 GMT
#1343
I suppose you were convinced BTDT was doc, and you took a gamble between JAT and I, to try and say this exact excuse and try to survive. Sorry that didn't work out.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 27 2018 00:28 GMT
#1348
On January 27 2018 09:24 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2018 09:22 Holyflare wrote:
On January 27 2018 09:19 justanothertownie wrote:
On January 27 2018 09:16 Holyflare wrote:
On January 27 2018 09:15 justanothertownie wrote:
On January 27 2018 09:11 Holyflare wrote:
I saw you claim blue. If I was mafia I would without a doubt kill you because you're confirmed town AND blue and the rber is dead.

Pretty sure this does not mean anything. Especially since you know that btdt is a very bad nightkill otherwise and I doubt you were 100 % sure about this. And who knows - maybe btdt was the target? Ever thought about that?


He's the doctor. So no.

Ok, first:
Why are you so certain about that?
second:
Why on earth would you say this as town?

I am sorry if I am destroying a legitimate town strategy here but we have enough mislynches.


On January 24 2018 18:51 beentheredonethat wrote:
(Sidenote - Vig is an investigative role. Having another Cop means two investigative roles. My assumption is that we don't have a GF but Vig/Doc vs. Goon/Goon/RB)



On January 27 2018 01:32 beentheredonethat wrote:
So that only works if he thinks I'm the godfather but for some reason, he didn't have this thought before. Why did he not have this thought before? Because it's vig/doc vs. goon/goon/rb, he's a goon and he's not aware that town isn't aware of the scum roles.



On January 27 2018 01:32 beentheredonethat wrote:
On January 27 2018 01:31 justanothertownie wrote:
On January 27 2018 01:30 beentheredonethat wrote:
Damerion says: "I have a green check on BTDT". Kmatt says: "I believe the claim! I'm lynching BTDT."

That's not the worst point. But not conclusive either since the green checks basically meant nothing due to the almost guaranteed presence of a godfather.

There shouldn't be a godfather in. Vig/Cop are both investigative. I'm locked on vig/doc vs. goon/goon/rb.


He's said it about three times out of the blue and seemed sure. I want to win the game by hopefully not dying and convincing people because that's more fun for me than just yelling and dying and then you lynching kmatt afterwards and I don't care if I out the blue anyway. I'd much rather have some fun and just reveal my alignment by actually doing dumb things that a mafia hf wouldn't ever do. Like not killing the doc with no rb left.

Ok, you do you. But I am not convinced.

I think him being convinced that BTDT was doc is true. That would also explain why BTDT was roleblocked N1 / N2. I think he thought BTDT was doc since N1, and the posts above made him 100% sure, and that's why he took the gamble.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 27 2018 00:30 GMT
#1352
On January 27 2018 09:26 Holyflare wrote:
So today the plan of action is really quite simple. Kmatt turns up and actually has to post some reads and give explanations for his reads throughout the game. He promised them by the end of last night and much like his partner didn't provide them. You must hold him accountable because his only out is to wagon on me.

well yeah, if you're not scum he's very likely to be. But his only out is not the wagon on you, since we have 3 lynches.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 27 2018 00:31 GMT
#1353
On January 27 2018 09:30 beentheredonethat wrote:
Rels, in a world where Holyflare is town, who ya gonna call?

Kmatt.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 27 2018 00:37 GMT
#1354
I'm pretty sure he's scum though. The more the game advances the more I see the strategy. That play makes so much sense with HF as scum that has been bluereading BTDT since the beginning. Last night he planned this gamble to try to survive two lynches.
That just fits. It's awesome. Kmatt being scum doesn't fit. This fits perfectly. Old HF couldn't be assed to tryhard his way to victory, and instead prepared the Damerion fakeclaim plan, then the "dont shoot the doc even though I know the doc" plan.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 27 2018 00:37 GMT
#1355
Mafia is such a great game I love when things just fall together like that
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 27 2018 00:40 GMT
#1356
I should have been asleep for a long time, so I'll leave now. See you tomorrow
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 27 2018 20:18 GMT
#1401
lol
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 27 2018 23:39 GMT
#1447
On January 28 2018 08:32 Holyflare wrote:
Does anyone even think I'm actually going to flip mafia lolm

I'm pretty sure yeah
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 28 2018 00:25 GMT
#1452
I have no problem considering alternative scenarios where you're town. I did and I do that. I still think you're scum though, everything makes sense with you as scum.
For example, I really hate how you're talking to me. You always throw shade at me. I don't know why you would constantly throw small shots at me as town. I can, however, perfectly see you doing this as scum trying to discredit the main dude calling for his lynch.
Sentences like these yesterday:
On January 27 2018 00:18 Holyflare wrote:
I feel like you're lying and you don't have reasons to town read some of them but you're so far gone you don't see another conclusion.

Or this just now:
On January 28 2018 08:46 Holyflare wrote:
because if you actually reread the thread like you said you did then you'd know blablabla ...

Little shots fired at me that crumbles my persona little by little. For the above sentences, you didn't need to start implying I fabricated townreads before even asking me what were these townreads. You didn't need to include this "if you actually read the thread ...", implying I fabricated my reread. The only effect of those small things is do damage to my credibility, they have no other effects.

To answer on the actual matter:
I disagree on Mocsta. If you look at DF's filter, his main subject of discussion was Mocsta. He attacked Mocsta multiple times, and that was the initial reason I, then rsoultin, got suspicious of DF. It's not only the image post, it's all the other ones too.
I agree on mderg that his DF read wasn't strong, especially compared to his reads on you or Damerion. Doesn't change my point about him calling seeing the game as I see it before I did.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 28 2018 00:35 GMT
#1453
On January 28 2018 09:05 mderg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2018 08:34 Mocsta wrote:
On January 28 2018 08:11 mderg wrote:
On January 28 2018 08:05 Mocsta wrote:
On January 24 2018 03:12 Damerion wrote:
I think BTDT could be scum, there might be a reason to check into him a bit more. DarthFoley could of been distancing himself slightly or just trying to save himself when he voted but doubtful when I think Damdred was the lynch and not many were interested in switching. So perhaps i'll check into him tonight.
As for kmatts forced 5D chesboard joke,
I think the key to the BTDT RB being genuine or planned comes down to this "check"

going to re-read darthfoley case on btdt from day1

I don't quite understand what the RB has to do with that "check"
why check btdt in the first place.
if town and RB, knew he would be green so its "early" information
if scum and faking RB, knew it would support the cop check even once hes lynched as RB

remember, the RB claim came after the cop check

Damerion filter seems very constructed and methodical, so its whether the bTDT check lines up with the uncertainty he was trying to express in the thread.

kids woken up, so will look into this later.
ciao.

I still have no idea where you're actually going with this

Me neither.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 28 2018 01:33 GMT
#1470
On January 28 2018 09:39 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
to answer on the actual matter:
I disagree on Mocsta. If you look at DF's filter, his main subject of discussion was Mocsta. He attacked Mocsta multiple times, and that was the initial reason I, then rsoultin, got suspicious of DF. It's not only the image post, it's all the other ones too.
I agree on mderg that his DF read wasn't strong, especially compared to his reads on you or Damerion. Doesn't change my point about him calling seeing the game as I see it before I did.


So I just want to make sure. The only reason you town read mocsta is because of DF mainly. Also because he posted one picture on myself and DF but he had absolutely no follow up to either of it. I just want to make that absolutely clear for later.

Mostly.
On January 28 2018 09:45 Holyflare wrote:
Notice how I've not once tried to shift the lynch elsewhere, not once tried to paint anyone in an ultimately scummy light to direct the lynch to them. The only thing I'm doing is asking questions and trying to point things out. If that's a scummy objective to leave a legacy then so be it. Just realise that you're shitting up the wrong tree.

You acting like that is exactly how you would act ask scum - not try to yell for your survival, but posting a lot and being sincere about you being lynched and debating a lot, and hoping the lynch will go away. Exactly like in the Himalaya game, where I think you voted yourself and said something like "OK the right play is to lynch me because I'm red checked. Let's talk about the day after I'm lynched". And you ended up surviving and winning the game.
You could do it as town too so it doesn't make you scum either - but don't act like it makes you town. If you wanna leave your legacy, be my guest. But TBH you look like you do care about you being lynched. Doesn't feel like you're just leaving legacy like you're pretending to be.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 28 2018 01:34 GMT
#1471
On January 28 2018 09:45 mderg wrote:
To me it sounds like you care quite a bit about being lynched

yep
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 28 2018 01:34 GMT
#1472
On January 28 2018 10:14 beentheredonethat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2018 09:45 Holyflare wrote:
Notice how I've not once tried to shift the lynch elsewhere, not once tried to paint anyone in an ultimately scummy light to direct the lynch to them. The only thing I'm doing is asking questions and trying to point things out. If that's a scummy objective to leave a legacy then so be it. Just realise that you're shitting up the wrong tree.

That's not an actual argument though. There's only one scummer left so scum's first goal right there is survival, not active mislynches. As town, you're not supposed to "paint someone scummy". You're supposed to genuinely read a person and try to find out the alignment. You say "I'm pro-town because I am not painting someone else as scummy just to survive". Yeah, okay, granted, but you're also not giving out genuine reads then. If you'll be confirmed by death, why not try to actually convince people into lynching your strongest scumread after you're dead?

yep too
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 28 2018 01:57 GMT
#1477
lol
closing a lynch on scum!HF is so annoying - -'
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 28 2018 01:58 GMT
#1479
stop throwing potshots at me and I'll stop "discrediting you" when I respond to them. If you ask me a question I will answer it. Let's end it here otherwise
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 28 2018 01:59 GMT
#1480
On January 28 2018 10:58 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2018 10:50 Holyflare wrote:
On January 28 2018 10:33 Rels wrote:
On January 28 2018 09:39 Holyflare wrote:
to answer on the actual matter:
I disagree on Mocsta. If you look at DF's filter, his main subject of discussion was Mocsta. He attacked Mocsta multiple times, and that was the initial reason I, then rsoultin, got suspicious of DF. It's not only the image post, it's all the other ones too.
I agree on mderg that his DF read wasn't strong, especially compared to his reads on you or Damerion. Doesn't change my point about him calling seeing the game as I see it before I did.


So I just want to make sure. The only reason you town read mocsta is because of DF mainly. Also because he posted one picture on myself and DF but he had absolutely no follow up to either of it. I just want to make that absolutely clear for later.

Mostly.
On January 28 2018 09:45 Holyflare wrote:
Notice how I've not once tried to shift the lynch elsewhere, not once tried to paint anyone in an ultimately scummy light to direct the lynch to them. The only thing I'm doing is asking questions and trying to point things out. If that's a scummy objective to leave a legacy then so be it. Just realise that you're shitting up the wrong tree.

You acting like that is exactly how you would act ask scum - not try to yell for your survival, but posting a lot and being sincere about you being lynched and debating a lot, and hoping the lynch will go away. Exactly like in the Himalaya game, where I think you voted yourself and said something like "OK the right play is to lynch me because I'm red checked. Let's talk about the day after I'm lynched". And you ended up surviving and winning the game.
You could do it as town too so it doesn't make you scum either - but don't act like it makes you town. If you wanna leave your legacy, be my guest. But TBH you look like you do care about you being lynched. Doesn't feel like you're just leaving legacy like you're pretending to be.


This is quite factually incorrect. You are the one that keeps harping on about the game where I dodged a red check as mafia and that game is the one where I yell and kick and scream down to the last wire trying to switch the lynch onto someone else. I have also never once said to switch the vote off me and implore people not to switch votes. You will be exposed as time goes by, no worries about that.


I am just going to pre-emptively say that rels is going to waste his time going to this game and disproving it as if it means something and it's a colossal waste of time because you SHOULD be lynching me and also SHOULD be talking about other people.

good.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 28 2018 02:58 GMT
#1484
On January 28 2018 11:25 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2018 10:58 Rels wrote:
stop throwing potshots at me and I'll stop "discrediting you" when I respond to them. If you ask me a question I will answer it. Let's end it here otherwise


I have asked you multiple times to re-evaluate people and your reasoning for them being town or mafia which you have not done. You even stated multiple times since the cop flip that what Kmatt did was towny and ballsy and not something mafia does. So, why when I flip town is he your next lynch when your reasoning for everyone else being town is so much weaker? They meekly pushed df and myself and Damerion whereas he has tangible things you've commented on that shows a towny mindset to you but you value the meek pushes over that?

And I have responded several times. The answer to that question is in my filter. I find Kmatt's filter pretty weak and possible to come from scum, apart from that one reason. That is not the case for Mocsta and mderg. I think you agree to that since your main scumread is Kmatt.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 28 2018 03:07 GMT
#1487
I don't understand your question.
If you want to question him and make a case go ahead, you don't have to have my permission. I think he's town.
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 631
ProTech143
Nina 89
JuggernautJason55
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 28049
Calm 2574
Mini 162
firebathero 104
Dewaltoss 99
soO 60
NaDa 28
Bale 25
HiyA 25
PianO 17
[ Show more ]
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6832
XaKoH 365
monkeys_forever92
canceldota28
League of Legends
Doublelift1906
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1554
fl0m1419
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu827
Other Games
FrodaN1980
Beastyqt561
B2W.Neo402
mouzStarbuck370
Livibee190
summit1g162
ToD159
C9.Mang0151
KnowMe149
shahzam123
UpATreeSC121
Trikslyr120
RotterdaM98
Mew2King51
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 47
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki35
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1072
• Shiphtur755
• WagamamaTV231
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 15m
Replay Cast
3h
OSC
1d 3h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 14h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 21h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 23h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.