• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:53
CEST 14:53
KST 21:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8857 users

[M][N] Generic Mini Mafia - Page 25

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 184 Next
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 17 2017 17:31 GMT
#481
I mean this:
I don't like this post much. It basically feels like forced/fake aggro. Pushing a pool of players with any reason, no matter how (in)significant, just to push them.

IS completely untrue unless he explains how i am doing wht he says i am.
table for two on a tv tray
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
March 17 2017 17:34 GMT
#482
On March 18 2017 02:30 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2017 02:29 Calix wrote:
The way the post was structured in terms of how he viewed you. So he has a general idea of how he views you, then he goes through your points and then expresses doubt. He didn't tailor his post to paint you as scum or revise the first few lines to fit his 'new' conclusion or anything like that.

I think that's way more likely to come from town unless Xatalos consciously chose to structure his post that way as mafia.

Yes, but he called me possible mafia after that.


I don't think that's relevant. I found that a really townie post. Not much more to say about it.

I'm not expecting you to agree with my logic though. I just tend to pick up on individual posts.

Going back to your earlier point, you're correct that I need to revise my reads. Having 3/4 of the scummers among Malongo/ Eden/ Rels/ Onegu is extremely unlikely which means I'm being too lenient with my town-reads. But I would still lynch among those four right now since none of them have town potential atm.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 17 2017 17:36 GMT
#483
I am going to try to explain this further. (note these are not in Xatalos' post, just in general);
Things like "feels like forced/fake aggro", "just to push people for pushing them", "scummy tone", "this post is scummy", it doesn't make any sense" etc etc.. Those things do not mean anything unless you explain HOW the person is acting in such a way. Which is something Xatalos does not. Sure he comes to a "different" conclusion in the end but it still doesn't make any sense unexplained and i would like him to explain it. Because when not explained it's all just fluff.

In a same way i could say "Calix is mafia because of scummy tone and one of her posts is scummy". Those can be scum traits but unless i tell people why, what's the point?
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 17 2017 17:37 GMT
#484
On March 18 2017 02:34 Calix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2017 02:30 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 18 2017 02:29 Calix wrote:
The way the post was structured in terms of how he viewed you. So he has a general idea of how he views you, then he goes through your points and then expresses doubt. He didn't tailor his post to paint you as scum or revise the first few lines to fit his 'new' conclusion or anything like that.

I think that's way more likely to come from town unless Xatalos consciously chose to structure his post that way as mafia.

Yes, but he called me possible mafia after that.


I don't think that's relevant. I found that a really townie post. Not much more to say about it.

I'm not expecting you to agree with my logic though. I just tend to pick up on individual posts.

Going back to your earlier point, you're correct that I need to revise my reads. Having 3/4 of the scummers among Malongo/ Eden/ Rels/ Onegu is extremely unlikely which means I'm being too lenient with my town-reads. But I would still lynch among those four right now since none of them have town potential atm.

Then at least vote for Malongo.
table for two on a tv tray
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 17 2017 17:38 GMT
#485
yea i have rayne as solid town atm. Really like where he's looking and how he's doing it
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
March 17 2017 17:38 GMT
#486
Eh, I don't agree. I feel like you sometimes conflate illogical posts/ actions with them being scummy when town are also illogical, say stupid shit, don't read properly, have preconceived biases, etc.

So I don't see how Damdred asking a dumb question alone makes him mafia. You've made your point but it lacks that "this is how it helps mafia" point for me to find it persuasive.

And I don't see how Xatalos saying that is mafia by itself either. Being wrong isn't a scum tell unless it's done to push some kind of agenda and I don't see that.
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
March 17 2017 17:39 GMT
#487
On March 18 2017 02:03 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Because Tumble, you stated that:
- Vets are too hard to read at this point
- People who rayn is calling scum i think are town

How do you come to conclsuion i am leaning town?

magic + Show Spoiler +
the EXTREMELY ELABORATE thought process is basically that. "oh, hm rayn's pushing for info. that seems pretty reasonable, he might be town"

also I stated vets were too hard to read when we were 4 hours into the game
good times for all
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
March 17 2017 17:42 GMT
#488
On March 18 2017 02:37 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2017 02:34 Calix wrote:
On March 18 2017 02:30 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 18 2017 02:29 Calix wrote:
The way the post was structured in terms of how he viewed you. So he has a general idea of how he views you, then he goes through your points and then expresses doubt. He didn't tailor his post to paint you as scum or revise the first few lines to fit his 'new' conclusion or anything like that.

I think that's way more likely to come from town unless Xatalos consciously chose to structure his post that way as mafia.

Yes, but he called me possible mafia after that.


I don't think that's relevant. I found that a really townie post. Not much more to say about it.

I'm not expecting you to agree with my logic though. I just tend to pick up on individual posts.

Going back to your earlier point, you're correct that I need to revise my reads. Having 3/4 of the scummers among Malongo/ Eden/ Rels/ Onegu is extremely unlikely which means I'm being too lenient with my town-reads. But I would still lynch among those four right now since none of them have town potential atm.

Then at least vote for Malongo.


Sure.

##vote Malongo
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 17 2017 17:44 GMT
#489
On March 18 2017 02:38 Calix wrote:
Eh, I don't agree. I feel like you sometimes conflate illogical posts/ actions with them being scummy when town are also illogical, say stupid shit, don't read properly, have preconceived biases, etc.

So I don't see how Damdred asking a dumb question alone makes him mafia. You've made your point but it lacks that "this is how it helps mafia" point for me to find it persuasive.

And I don't see how Xatalos saying that is mafia by itself either. Being wrong isn't a scum tell unless it's done to push some kind of agenda and I don't see that.

I have never said Damdred asked a dumb question. I said Damdred asked a question that he should already know the answer to (in regards of what it makes of disformation's alignment). The question can never achieve anything because he should be able to make a judgement call on disfo's alignment even without the question.

If i asked you "How old are you? Plz answer this is an alignment indigative question." that's basically the same thing Damdred did (except Damdred's question was worse because the possible answers he "gave out" were all wrong). Nothing you say can possibly help me figure out your alignment in case i am town.

On March 18 2017 02:39 Tumblewood wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2017 02:03 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Because Tumble, you stated that:
- Vets are too hard to read at this point
- People who rayn is calling scum i think are town

How do you come to conclsuion i am leaning town?

magic + Show Spoiler +
the EXTREMELY ELABORATE thought process is basically that. "oh, hm rayn's pushing for info. that seems pretty reasonable, he might be town"

also I stated vets were too hard to read when we were 4 hours into the game

okay, makes sense.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 17 2017 17:45 GMT
#490
I mean what you're referring here is not a "dumb" question, it's a smart question for mafia to make if noone catches up on it.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 17 2017 17:49 GMT
#491
On March 18 2017 02:38 Calix wrote:
And I don't see how Xatalos saying that is mafia by itself either. Being wrong isn't a scum tell unless it's done to push some kind of agenda and I don't see that.

The reason i thought Xatalos is mafia was because i felt like he should have understood i am actually playing the game when he was telling people i am trolling. Furthermore he tried to discredit me by "everyone is calling rayn scum/null" which wasn't the case at all, i couldn't find a reason other than "don't listen to him".

I also couldn't understand what he was doing with disformation early on, and i now understand it better. Which lessens my scumread on him. I don't think he is town, he can very easily be scum, but he is definitely not even near to someone i would want to lynch atm. Damdred and Malongo are almost definitely scum both so we should lynch into them.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 17 2017 17:50 GMT
#492
In case it was unclear the agenda you were talking about would be (if he is mafia) "don't listen to rayn".
table for two on a tv tray
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
March 17 2017 17:50 GMT
#493
So he asked a meaningless question which didn't advance the conversation then?

I think I get your point but I don't get how it makes him mafia and I'm not sure that I'm going to. To save you the bother of explaining yourself yet again, I will keep your posts in mind when I filter-dive later.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
March 17 2017 17:51 GMT
#494
On March 18 2017 02:50 Calix wrote:
So he asked a meaningless question which didn't advance the conversation then?

I think I get your point but I don't get how it makes him mafia and I'm not sure that I'm going to. To save you the bother of explaining yourself yet again, I will keep your posts in mind when I filter-dive later.


^^this was about Damdred
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
March 17 2017 17:53 GMT
#495
You just won't stop rayn about this nonsense. I gave my opinion about Eden but disf post and the start of the miscommunication and his reasoning why I was scum reading xata made me curious about why he said what he did.

Idk why you can't see the correlation and why what I said about deep is an accurate thing. Premature probably, but true none the less.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
March 17 2017 17:53 GMT
#496
In case it's not clear, I think your answers about Damdred and Xatalos have been reasonable and I can see how you drew those conclusions from the chat.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 17 2017 17:54 GMT
#497
I get what you're saying: Did you read this:
"I think Koshi is a good town player and town in this game. Now you, Calix, would you say Koshi is bad town or scum? Because you must think one or the other. You should know the right answer and btw i am not calling you scum here."

What would you think about this? If i made a post like this what would you think?
table for two on a tv tray
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
March 17 2017 17:55 GMT
#498
At least 2 mafia in mal, onegu, rels, df, Eden.

Everyone else has a reason I don't want to Lynch today.

I kinda expect one mafia in my town reads but I hope not.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
March 17 2017 17:58 GMT
#499
On March 18 2017 02:54 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I get what you're saying: Did you read this:
Show nested quote +
"I think Koshi is a good town player and town in this game. Now you, Calix, would you say Koshi is bad town or scum? Because you must think one or the other. You should know the right answer and btw i am not calling you scum here."

What would you think about this? If i made a post like this what would you think?


I would think that it's logically fallacious and worth investigating. I wouldn't necessarily think it was scum.

How are you reading Damdred's responses to this topic overall, with that in mind? Can you see some coherent town narrative? Inconsistent explanations? Incredibly scummy, pls lynch?
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
March 17 2017 18:02 GMT
#500
On March 18 2017 02:55 Damdred wrote:
At least 2 mafia in mal, onegu, rels, df, Eden.

Everyone else has a reason I don't want to Lynch today.

I kinda expect one mafia in my town reads but I hope not.


Since DF has posted a fair amount, can you expand on your read here?
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 184 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko478
ProTech153
Rex 48
SteadfastSC 5
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 51799
Bisu 1945
Horang2 1193
Hyuk 530
BeSt 432
Soma 394
Mini 365
Light 304
EffOrt 303
Larva 240
[ Show more ]
Rush 147
ZerO 135
Mong 112
Leta 82
Barracks 81
Sea.KH 64
Snow 57
Pusan 54
ToSsGirL 49
Shinee 39
Mind 39
Aegong 31
JYJ 24
Bale 22
Sexy 22
Yoon 21
sorry 21
Noble 12
Terrorterran 12
Icarus 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc3980
XaKoH 357
Counter-Strike
Fnx 533
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1409
Khaldor1139
Other Games
gofns38074
singsing2249
olofmeister1329
B2W.Neo459
hiko288
Livibee188
Mew2King78
ArmadaUGS48
Liquid`VortiX27
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream205
StarCraft 2
TaKeTV 58
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
StarCraft 2
ComeBackTV 3
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH192
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 19
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
7m
OSC
9h 7m
CranKy Ducklings
21h 7m
Online Event
22h 7m
FEL
1d 3h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 4h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 6h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 21h
INu's Battles
1d 23h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.