• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:40
CEST 06:40
KST 13:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)26Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9160 users

[T][M] Resistance VI - Page 9

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 115 Next
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
January 27 2017 10:27 GMT
#161
On January 27 2017 17:07 Silverika wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2017 15:46 sicklucker wrote:
On January 27 2017 11:57 Silverika wrote:
On January 27 2017 10:43 sicklucker wrote:
On January 27 2017 07:38 Chairman Ray wrote:
On January 27 2017 07:19 Silverika wrote:
Hi all!! Who has played before? I have one time online and the first mission passed. I'd like to go on the mission since we are members of the Resistance so I'm volunteering. Also, I'll sign my posts, ika42 likely will not. Any high level missions-ones with higher numbers of people that we aren't on will be rejected by us because if one Town voice isn't there, the chances of it being all Town is not high enough to take the risk.

~SilverWolf77


I've played a few hundred games of this live, and I think I played once on TL.

Yeah, if you are town, please reject mission 5 if you are not on that mission and most of the time reject mission 4 as well, but for the first three, please use your best judgement. Reason being that in mission 5, even if you think everyone on it is town, they can all just approve it and the mission goes ahead, but on the chance that at least one of them rejects, and people outside the group approves, you need to reject it. For the first three missions, if you are not in the group, please use your best judgement and approve missions you think will pass, because if you reject groups that you are not on, then mafia get to pick which mission passes. I've definitely had a lot of games thrown where town was being too cynical early game or too optimistic late game.


I dont see how rejecting missions ever is a good idea for newbs


Why not?

~SilverWolf77



because you need to complete missions to win? wtf


No shit Sherlock, but your basicly saying "have no dicussion and approve anything and everything"

So explain to me why any newbs should jsut blindly go "ok approve" without dicussion.


I understood you as saying a town should intentionally fail a mission which is kind of what you said but obvious not what you ment.. because that would be silly
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
January 27 2017 10:27 GMT
#162
On January 27 2017 18:13 Superbia wrote:
Since the 12 hour deadline is approaching. What would be your draft team at this point in time?


r n g.

rn g.

Day 1 is all rng lets be real
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
January 27 2017 10:29 GMT
#163
oh ya we go by order of the list and vote yes or no on a team submitted. its coming back to me
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
January 27 2017 10:29 GMT
#164
dumb tell ftw
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
January 27 2017 10:30 GMT
#165
On January 27 2017 19:29 sicklucker wrote:
dumb tell ftw


thanks for the ez read sl
Minimal effort.
RtaniSoul
Profile Joined December 2015
552 Posts
January 27 2017 11:16 GMT
#166
was told i'd have to read :/ he owns the second floor. my knee won't let me. but he got me water! \o/

also i guess i'm not town :/ cause i don't get free town points for getting what he's doing

although i kinda like tumble anyway

he's not making sense

a sense making tumble is so not town lol ><

also, hi hts!

also >> super...trying soooo hard. not sure what to make of it. first impulse, town, second impulse wtf, third impulse wobble wobble...also, get a sense of humor

yup

there, i read. now back to kosovo
RtaniSoul
Profile Joined December 2015
552 Posts
January 27 2017 11:19 GMT
#167
or was it a sense making bf that isn't town?

@.@ why do i always confuse those two

i think it was a bf

disregard then

he's a loose cannon! <- referring to the Rtani not the not-participating bf...or the tumble
RtaniSoul
Profile Joined December 2015
552 Posts
January 27 2017 11:20 GMT
#168
oh, he told me why now

i can be town again! \o/
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
January 27 2017 12:14 GMT
#169
Get a sense of humor uwot
Minimal effort.
cakepie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
985 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-27 12:27:47
January 27 2017 12:23 GMT
#170
Half the Sky is being replaced out.
We will make another announcement once we have confirmed who the replacement player is.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 27 2017 12:55 GMT
#171
Half the Sky has been replaced by Calix.
Silverika
Profile Joined January 2017
United States231 Posts
January 27 2017 13:05 GMT
#172
On January 27 2017 19:27 sicklucker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2017 17:07 Silverika wrote:
On January 27 2017 15:46 sicklucker wrote:
On January 27 2017 11:57 Silverika wrote:
On January 27 2017 10:43 sicklucker wrote:
On January 27 2017 07:38 Chairman Ray wrote:
On January 27 2017 07:19 Silverika wrote:
Hi all!! Who has played before? I have one time online and the first mission passed. I'd like to go on the mission since we are members of the Resistance so I'm volunteering. Also, I'll sign my posts, ika42 likely will not. Any high level missions-ones with higher numbers of people that we aren't on will be rejected by us because if one Town voice isn't there, the chances of it being all Town is not high enough to take the risk.

~SilverWolf77


I've played a few hundred games of this live, and I think I played once on TL.

Yeah, if you are town, please reject mission 5 if you are not on that mission and most of the time reject mission 4 as well, but for the first three, please use your best judgement. Reason being that in mission 5, even if you think everyone on it is town, they can all just approve it and the mission goes ahead, but on the chance that at least one of them rejects, and people outside the group approves, you need to reject it. For the first three missions, if you are not in the group, please use your best judgement and approve missions you think will pass, because if you reject groups that you are not on, then mafia get to pick which mission passes. I've definitely had a lot of games thrown where town was being too cynical early game or too optimistic late game.


I dont see how rejecting missions ever is a good idea for newbs


Why not?

~SilverWolf77



because you need to complete missions to win? wtf


No shit Sherlock, but your basicly saying "have no dicussion and approve anything and everything"

So explain to me why any newbs should jsut blindly go "ok approve" without dicussion.


I understood you as saying a town should intentionally fail a mission which is kind of what you said but obvious not what you ment.. because that would be silly


Where the hell did you draw that conclusion?
Hydra of ika42 and SilverWolf77
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
January 27 2017 13:11 GMT
#173
I will not be around this evening btw bc of dnd
Minimal effort.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
January 27 2017 13:13 GMT
#174
Ello there.

I've never played Resistance so I have a question. Why don't we just auto-reject the first few teams? lol

If we have 24 hour days then that's clearly the best strategy to ensure that we have enough info on everyone.

Unless it's actually better play to get Mission 1 over and done with. If Mission 1 is as useless as Day 1 in Mafia tends to be then I could see that as a possibility.
Silverika
Profile Joined January 2017
United States231 Posts
January 27 2017 13:13 GMT
#175
On January 27 2017 22:05 Silverika wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2017 19:27 sicklucker wrote:
On January 27 2017 17:07 Silverika wrote:
On January 27 2017 15:46 sicklucker wrote:
On January 27 2017 11:57 Silverika wrote:
On January 27 2017 10:43 sicklucker wrote:
On January 27 2017 07:38 Chairman Ray wrote:
On January 27 2017 07:19 Silverika wrote:
Hi all!! Who has played before? I have one time online and the first mission passed. I'd like to go on the mission since we are members of the Resistance so I'm volunteering. Also, I'll sign my posts, ika42 likely will not. Any high level missions-ones with higher numbers of people that we aren't on will be rejected by us because if one Town voice isn't there, the chances of it being all Town is not high enough to take the risk.

~SilverWolf77


I've played a few hundred games of this live, and I think I played once on TL.

Yeah, if you are town, please reject mission 5 if you are not on that mission and most of the time reject mission 4 as well, but for the first three, please use your best judgement. Reason being that in mission 5, even if you think everyone on it is town, they can all just approve it and the mission goes ahead, but on the chance that at least one of them rejects, and people outside the group approves, you need to reject it. For the first three missions, if you are not in the group, please use your best judgement and approve missions you think will pass, because if you reject groups that you are not on, then mafia get to pick which mission passes. I've definitely had a lot of games thrown where town was being too cynical early game or too optimistic late game.


I dont see how rejecting missions ever is a good idea for newbs


Why not?

~SilverWolf77



because you need to complete missions to win? wtf


No shit Sherlock, but your basicly saying "have no dicussion and approve anything and everything"

So explain to me why any newbs should jsut blindly go "ok approve" without dicussion.


I understood you as saying a town should intentionally fail a mission which is kind of what you said but obvious not what you ment.. because that would be silly


Where the hell did you draw that conclusion?


Is there confusion between sabatoge a mission and not approve it? Town should, in some instances, vote against a mission if they aren't on it and they believe scum is. As far as sabatoging is concerned, town can't. They pass automatically without even having to say anything. Only scum has to actively decided if they will sabotage or not. So I find it interesting that sicklucker is even considering the possibility of anyone who is town failing missions. Keep in mind, they said newb shouldn't, now they say they were talking about town shouldn't when town can't. Doesn't seem to make sense to me right now.

~SilverWolf77
Hydra of ika42 and SilverWolf77
Silverika
Profile Joined January 2017
United States231 Posts
January 27 2017 13:17 GMT
#176
On January 27 2017 22:13 Calix wrote:
Ello there.

I've never played Resistance so I have a question. Why don't we just auto-reject the first few teams? lol

If we have 24 hour days then that's clearly the best strategy to ensure that we have enough info on everyone.

Unless it's actually better play to get Mission 1 over and done with. If Mission 1 is as useless as Day 1 in Mafia tends to be then I could see that as a possibility.


No, auto rejecting a mission gives us NO info whatsoever. Because then, no one goes on a mission, no one can pass or fail, and we sit around with nothing to go off of to determine who is scum and who should be kept off missions so town can win.

~SilverWolf77
Hydra of ika42 and SilverWolf77
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
January 27 2017 13:18 GMT
#177
On January 27 2017 22:17 Silverika wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2017 22:13 Calix wrote:
Ello there.

I've never played Resistance so I have a question. Why don't we just auto-reject the first few teams? lol

If we have 24 hour days then that's clearly the best strategy to ensure that we have enough info on everyone.

Unless it's actually better play to get Mission 1 over and done with. If Mission 1 is as useless as Day 1 in Mafia tends to be then I could see that as a possibility.


No, auto rejecting a mission gives us NO info whatsoever. Because then, no one goes on a mission, no one can pass or fail, and we sit around with nothing to go off of to determine who is scum and who should be kept off missions so town can win.

~SilverWolf77


Yep. Vote what you believe in.
Minimal effort.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
January 27 2017 13:19 GMT
#178
For the record, I don't understand what the problem is with the SL/ Swika discussion so if SW could explain that then I'd appreciate it.

The only thing that stuck out to me about SL on a skim-read was that he was trying to 'confirm' himself with that dumb tell thing.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
January 27 2017 13:24 GMT
#179
On January 27 2017 22:17 Silverika wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2017 22:13 Calix wrote:
Ello there.

I've never played Resistance so I have a question. Why don't we just auto-reject the first few teams? lol

If we have 24 hour days then that's clearly the best strategy to ensure that we have enough info on everyone.

Unless it's actually better play to get Mission 1 over and done with. If Mission 1 is as useless as Day 1 in Mafia tends to be then I could see that as a possibility.


No, auto rejecting a mission gives us NO info whatsoever. Because then, no one goes on a mission, no one can pass or fail, and we sit around with nothing to go off of to determine who is scum and who should be kept off missions so town can win.

~SilverWolf77


Wait, just realised that people can talk during the voting period. mb

So does that mean that we should accept that Rtanis nomination then? If it's truly random then mafia can't object to it if it has no mafia on it without sticking out like a sore thumb. Although the odds of that being the case are low.

FWIW I would have put in Superbia as he seems pretty townie but I don't know who I'd swap out.
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
January 27 2017 13:43 GMT
#180
I agree that I should be on the first team. And all teams.
Minimal effort.
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 115 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 159
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2115
Snow 110
NaDa 38
Bale 30
Noble 13
Icarus 5
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm192
Counter-Strike
taco 517
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1459
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1125
WinterStarcraft629
Other Games
summit1g8060
JimRising 638
PiGStarcraft297
ArmadaUGS176
C9.Mang0165
Maynarde139
Sick102
ViBE76
Livibee3
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick677
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream151
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki145
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota280
League of Legends
• Lourlo1235
• Rush989
• Stunt323
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
5h 21m
OSC
8h 21m
Stellar Fest
8h 21m
OSC
19h 21m
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.