• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:03
CEST 08:03
KST 15:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War595.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7717 users

Newbie Student Mafia XXV - Page 9

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 84 Next
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 06 2017 06:21 GMT
#161
On January 06 2017 14:13 Vivax wrote:
Is there anyone here who actually didn't play mafia before, or just very very little?

Show nested quote +
On January 06 2017 11:31 darthfoley wrote:
On January 06 2017 10:43 Calix wrote:
I sense I'll have an aneurysm at this rate.

DF, you seem sensible. What else have you noticed so far?


I actually feel weird about ika. Asked the kinda useless questionnaire and has basically been bs'ing a bit since. Not a real read but I find his opening a little off


This read looks forced. I mean, you will say it isn't a read I know, but we both know it kind of is. And to me it just looks like you were looking for someone to make look guilty easily to fulfill Calix demand.

Fend yourself, Foley.


Forced how? Of course it's a read, but it's a D1 read 3 hours in. Forgive me if i'm not wow'd by someone asking nebulous or irrelevant questions about self meta that could easily be bullshitted.

His play since is more trolly than I prefer, except regarding the point on Calix's scum play which is actually useful.

watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 06 2017 06:24 GMT
#162
On January 06 2017 11:14 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2017 09:53 Calix wrote:
On January 06 2017 09:37 MichaelEhrmantraut wrote:
Checking In.

On January 06 2017 09:25 ika42 wrote:
On January 06 2017 09:06 Kmatt wrote:
On January 06 2017 09:00 Onegu wrote:
VT claim


Could you not


lets act like ive never played mafia for a min: why? and i dont want to hear the "oh it narrows PR" crap (yes this is a vaild reason but anyone will argue this). Yes it is sub optimal in general but why are you opposed to it?

also obligatory vote silverwolf

now onto something i want everyone to answer

are you town?
how long have you played mafia?
do you play elsewhere and if so where?
What is your typical play style?
how do you scumhunt/townhunt?
do you know anyone here that you can read very well?

to answer my own:
yes
about 4-5 years now on and off now
my typical style is to kinda talk to people and interact with others to try to get reads. most times it helps to have someone i know so i can quickly bounce with someone if they are town or lynch them if they are scum (hi silver)
kinda said as above, but to summarize it i hunt though interactions most of the time
yes, i can read silverwolf very well though watching and having interactions.


1. no
2. back in the day
3. no
4. ?
5. ?
6. nope

obligatory qeustion : why the vote ?




I'm flagging up this post because I think it's a possible example of an inexperienced scum player struggling to enter the thread. I didn't even notice this dude had posted.

- Using an easy way of entering the thread (via questionnaire thing) to make a post which doesn't tell us anything
- Adds a completely useless question about the vote (the 'obligatory' part pings me here)
- Does nothing afterwards

I'd say the opposite of this. I think if he was a nervous, inexperienced scum player he would put more effort into trying to make his first post look good.


Tbf if he's being coached this argument becomes kinda WIFOMy
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 06 2017 06:28 GMT
#163
On January 06 2017 10:27 SilverWolf77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2017 10:16 KelsierSC wrote:
so what I did is I checked the order in which people responded to the questionnaire and the first ones to respond are clear town until we get to the people who were like 4th and onwards who are likely scum. 100% accurate


I think this is probably a joke, but I actually think scum would likely answer these right off the bat as soon as they got onlie cuz it's a good way to blend in. Town might be more stubborn about not answering them if they don't want to.


I like this post!
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
January 06 2017 06:30 GMT
#164
On January 06 2017 15:21 darthfoley wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2017 14:13 Vivax wrote:
Is there anyone here who actually didn't play mafia before, or just very very little?

On January 06 2017 11:31 darthfoley wrote:
On January 06 2017 10:43 Calix wrote:
I sense I'll have an aneurysm at this rate.

DF, you seem sensible. What else have you noticed so far?


I actually feel weird about ika. Asked the kinda useless questionnaire and has basically been bs'ing a bit since. Not a real read but I find his opening a little off


This read looks forced. I mean, you will say it isn't a read I know, but we both know it kind of is. And to me it just looks like you were looking for someone to make look guilty easily to fulfill Calix demand.

Fend yourself, Foley.


Forced how? Of course it's a read, but it's a D1 read 3 hours in. Forgive me if i'm not wow'd by someone asking nebulous or irrelevant questions about self meta that could easily be bullshitted.

His play since is more trolly than I prefer, except regarding the point on Calix's scum play which is actually useful.



Why not 1gu then?
B0stonSC
Profile Joined November 2016
United States59 Posts
January 06 2017 06:32 GMT
#165
The hell is a zj?
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 06 2017 06:38 GMT
#166
On January 06 2017 15:32 B0stonSC wrote:
The hell is a zj?


If you have to ask big man, you can't afford it

+ Show Spoiler +
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 06 2017 06:39 GMT
#167
On January 06 2017 15:30 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2017 15:21 darthfoley wrote:
On January 06 2017 14:13 Vivax wrote:
Is there anyone here who actually didn't play mafia before, or just very very little?

On January 06 2017 11:31 darthfoley wrote:
On January 06 2017 10:43 Calix wrote:
I sense I'll have an aneurysm at this rate.

DF, you seem sensible. What else have you noticed so far?


I actually feel weird about ika. Asked the kinda useless questionnaire and has basically been bs'ing a bit since. Not a real read but I find his opening a little off


This read looks forced. I mean, you will say it isn't a read I know, but we both know it kind of is. And to me it just looks like you were looking for someone to make look guilty easily to fulfill Calix demand.

Fend yourself, Foley.


Forced how? Of course it's a read, but it's a D1 read 3 hours in. Forgive me if i'm not wow'd by someone asking nebulous or irrelevant questions about self meta that could easily be bullshitted.

His play since is more trolly than I prefer, except regarding the point on Calix's scum play which is actually useful.



Why not 1gu then?


I've never seen Onegu play a non trolly game. It's within his meta either way, especially D1 lol
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
January 06 2017 06:42 GMT
#168
On January 06 2017 15:39 darthfoley wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2017 15:30 Vivax wrote:
On January 06 2017 15:21 darthfoley wrote:
On January 06 2017 14:13 Vivax wrote:
Is there anyone here who actually didn't play mafia before, or just very very little?

On January 06 2017 11:31 darthfoley wrote:
On January 06 2017 10:43 Calix wrote:
I sense I'll have an aneurysm at this rate.

DF, you seem sensible. What else have you noticed so far?


I actually feel weird about ika. Asked the kinda useless questionnaire and has basically been bs'ing a bit since. Not a real read but I find his opening a little off


This read looks forced. I mean, you will say it isn't a read I know, but we both know it kind of is. And to me it just looks like you were looking for someone to make look guilty easily to fulfill Calix demand.

Fend yourself, Foley.


Forced how? Of course it's a read, but it's a D1 read 3 hours in. Forgive me if i'm not wow'd by someone asking nebulous or irrelevant questions about self meta that could easily be bullshitted.

His play since is more trolly than I prefer, except regarding the point on Calix's scum play which is actually useful.



Why not 1gu then?


I've never seen Onegu play a non trolly game. It's within his meta either way, especially D1 lol


But you have seen ikas meta yes?
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 06 2017 06:48 GMT
#169
On January 06 2017 15:42 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2017 15:39 darthfoley wrote:
On January 06 2017 15:30 Vivax wrote:
On January 06 2017 15:21 darthfoley wrote:
On January 06 2017 14:13 Vivax wrote:
Is there anyone here who actually didn't play mafia before, or just very very little?

On January 06 2017 11:31 darthfoley wrote:
On January 06 2017 10:43 Calix wrote:
I sense I'll have an aneurysm at this rate.

DF, you seem sensible. What else have you noticed so far?


I actually feel weird about ika. Asked the kinda useless questionnaire and has basically been bs'ing a bit since. Not a real read but I find his opening a little off


This read looks forced. I mean, you will say it isn't a read I know, but we both know it kind of is. And to me it just looks like you were looking for someone to make look guilty easily to fulfill Calix demand.

Fend yourself, Foley.


Forced how? Of course it's a read, but it's a D1 read 3 hours in. Forgive me if i'm not wow'd by someone asking nebulous or irrelevant questions about self meta that could easily be bullshitted.

His play since is more trolly than I prefer, except regarding the point on Calix's scum play which is actually useful.



Why not 1gu then?


I've never seen Onegu play a non trolly game. It's within his meta either way, especially D1 lol


But you have seen ikas meta yes?


No, I don't know the guy
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
January 06 2017 06:50 GMT
#170
On January 06 2017 11:31 darthfoley wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2017 10:43 Calix wrote:
I sense I'll have an aneurysm at this rate.

DF, you seem sensible. What else have you noticed so far?


I actually feel weird about ika. Asked the kinda useless questionnaire and has basically been bs'ing a bit since. Not a real read but I find his opening a little off


I've seen people use Random Questioning Stage as a thing on other sites so I'm not sure why people treat that as AI.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
January 06 2017 06:53 GMT
#171
On January 06 2017 11:48 B0stonSC wrote:
Hello! Sorry, hadn't realized this has started. Let me read through everything, and then I'll post thoughts


This post pings me but I can't really figure out why. Like he posts this 2-4 hours-ish into the game and starts off by apologising for not being around here earlier which is pretty weird for town to do. I can't imagine myself saying sorry for something as a first post kind of deal so I don't get why he would is what I'm getting at.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
January 06 2017 06:58 GMT
#172
I'm liking Vivax's attention to thread detail with his questioning.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
January 06 2017 07:11 GMT
#173
I don't hate DF's attitude to being questioned either.

Vivax is good to keep around because he's actively trying to push the game forward regardless of alignment.

I remember liking one of SW's posts. Forget the number but it was similar to what I was thinking and we had similar moments like that when we were both uninformed factions (although she was Neut in the game I refer to I think this rule applies).

Boston/ ME had terrible entrances which are >rand-wolf FME.

KSC is null. I find him quite hard to read. I'm pretty wary of him because that's probably his personality shining through and I suck at discerning between personality and alignment. He's active but does not post a lot of content also.

I'm also thinking that he's trying to buddy me a bit. I think that because he said "Calix is pretty townie" and that was after I had pushed him a bit for reads and that was his first legit town-lean/ read that he gave so he might be trying to appease me there. Then he later said that ika/ SW/ Calix are his town-leans (and these people were the active ones at the time so might be sidling up to us) so I don't trust him much atm.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
January 06 2017 07:14 GMT
#174
On January 06 2017 15:48 darthfoley wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2017 15:42 Vivax wrote:
On January 06 2017 15:39 darthfoley wrote:
On January 06 2017 15:30 Vivax wrote:
On January 06 2017 15:21 darthfoley wrote:
On January 06 2017 14:13 Vivax wrote:
Is there anyone here who actually didn't play mafia before, or just very very little?

On January 06 2017 11:31 darthfoley wrote:
On January 06 2017 10:43 Calix wrote:
I sense I'll have an aneurysm at this rate.

DF, you seem sensible. What else have you noticed so far?


I actually feel weird about ika. Asked the kinda useless questionnaire and has basically been bs'ing a bit since. Not a real read but I find his opening a little off


This read looks forced. I mean, you will say it isn't a read I know, but we both know it kind of is. And to me it just looks like you were looking for someone to make look guilty easily to fulfill Calix demand.

Fend yourself, Foley.


Forced how? Of course it's a read, but it's a D1 read 3 hours in. Forgive me if i'm not wow'd by someone asking nebulous or irrelevant questions about self meta that could easily be bullshitted.

His play since is more trolly than I prefer, except regarding the point on Calix's scum play which is actually useful.



Why not 1gu then?


I've never seen Onegu play a non trolly game. It's within his meta either way, especially D1 lol


But you have seen ikas meta yes?


No, I don't know the guy


Idk why you are eager to suspect someone for not being super serious at the beginning of the game, when clearly you don't even know how he usually plays. So that's why I'm saying your read is forced, it looked like you found something worth smearing for the sake of itself cause calix asked you to dig something up.
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 06 2017 07:25 GMT
#175
On January 06 2017 16:14 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2017 15:48 darthfoley wrote:
On January 06 2017 15:42 Vivax wrote:
On January 06 2017 15:39 darthfoley wrote:
On January 06 2017 15:30 Vivax wrote:
On January 06 2017 15:21 darthfoley wrote:
On January 06 2017 14:13 Vivax wrote:
Is there anyone here who actually didn't play mafia before, or just very very little?

On January 06 2017 11:31 darthfoley wrote:
On January 06 2017 10:43 Calix wrote:
I sense I'll have an aneurysm at this rate.

DF, you seem sensible. What else have you noticed so far?


I actually feel weird about ika. Asked the kinda useless questionnaire and has basically been bs'ing a bit since. Not a real read but I find his opening a little off


This read looks forced. I mean, you will say it isn't a read I know, but we both know it kind of is. And to me it just looks like you were looking for someone to make look guilty easily to fulfill Calix demand.

Fend yourself, Foley.


Forced how? Of course it's a read, but it's a D1 read 3 hours in. Forgive me if i'm not wow'd by someone asking nebulous or irrelevant questions about self meta that could easily be bullshitted.

His play since is more trolly than I prefer, except regarding the point on Calix's scum play which is actually useful.



Why not 1gu then?


I've never seen Onegu play a non trolly game. It's within his meta either way, especially D1 lol


But you have seen ikas meta yes?


No, I don't know the guy


Idk why you are eager to suspect someone for not being super serious at the beginning of the game, when clearly you don't even know how he usually plays. So that's why I'm saying your read is forced, it looked like you found something worth smearing for the sake of itself cause calix asked you to dig something up.


She asked me if I had picked up on anything else and that was the only thing I had found worth mentioning. I think it's hardly accurate to say that I'm trying to smear the dude.

It's refreshing to assess someone's motives without knowing meta. You're less likely to talk yourself out of gut reads. No idea why you find that problematic. You're acting like I'm on a crusade against the guy lol.
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
January 06 2017 07:30 GMT
#176
On January 06 2017 16:14 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2017 15:48 darthfoley wrote:
On January 06 2017 15:42 Vivax wrote:
On January 06 2017 15:39 darthfoley wrote:
On January 06 2017 15:30 Vivax wrote:
On January 06 2017 15:21 darthfoley wrote:
On January 06 2017 14:13 Vivax wrote:
Is there anyone here who actually didn't play mafia before, or just very very little?

On January 06 2017 11:31 darthfoley wrote:
On January 06 2017 10:43 Calix wrote:
I sense I'll have an aneurysm at this rate.

DF, you seem sensible. What else have you noticed so far?


I actually feel weird about ika. Asked the kinda useless questionnaire and has basically been bs'ing a bit since. Not a real read but I find his opening a little off


This read looks forced. I mean, you will say it isn't a read I know, but we both know it kind of is. And to me it just looks like you were looking for someone to make look guilty easily to fulfill Calix demand.

Fend yourself, Foley.


Forced how? Of course it's a read, but it's a D1 read 3 hours in. Forgive me if i'm not wow'd by someone asking nebulous or irrelevant questions about self meta that could easily be bullshitted.

His play since is more trolly than I prefer, except regarding the point on Calix's scum play which is actually useful.



Why not 1gu then?


I've never seen Onegu play a non trolly game. It's within his meta either way, especially D1 lol


But you have seen ikas meta yes?


No, I don't know the guy


Idk why you are eager to suspect someone for not being super serious at the beginning of the game, when clearly you don't even know how he usually plays. So that's why I'm saying your read is forced, it looked like you found something worth smearing for the sake of itself cause calix asked you to dig something up.


I don't agree with this assessment. DF's initial read of ika (or whatever you want to call it) doesn't look like it's intended to 'smear' him since he notes it's a fee-fees kind of read. imo smears tend to be more logical so that people are more likely to agree with them.

AFK, work and stuff.
Mutaller
Profile Blog Joined July 2013
United States1051 Posts
January 06 2017 07:53 GMT
#177
On January 06 2017 10:41 KelsierSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2017 10:39 darthfoley wrote:
On January 06 2017 10:24 KelsierSC wrote:
On January 06 2017 10:19 Calix wrote:
On January 06 2017 10:16 KelsierSC wrote:
On January 06 2017 10:13 Calix wrote:
On January 06 2017 10:11 KelsierSC wrote:
On January 06 2017 10:10 Calix wrote:
On January 06 2017 10:07 KelsierSC wrote:
On January 06 2017 10:02 Calix wrote:
[quote]

It was the first one that stuck out to me as awkward/ forced.

However I'm interested in your take on 'blendy' answers.


well im not making a ground breaking finding but mafia generally try to blend in and make non commital or mimic posts right so they might have thought answering a list of questions which everyone else was doing is a good idea.

probably not relevant here as the questionnaire was hardly insightful and i dont want to start a circle jerk with, well you posted 5th so you are scum. the whole exercise got me some good reads so not entirely pointless and now the the game is moving.


Nothing is going to be ground-breaking at this point so that qualifier (from DF too in the post above) is 100% unnecessary.

I didn't approach the questionnaires like that. The VCA-style "X voter/ poster is scum" thing is useless as a metric.

What "good" reads do you have?


yo just calm down alright


My emotional state is irrelevant to the question.

You claim to have reads, I'm asking for them. What's the point of saying "I have reads" and then be stubborn about sharing them?


so what I did is I checked the order in which people responded to the questionnaire and the first ones to respond are clear town until we get to the people who were like 4th and onwards who are likely scum. 100% accurate




I can't tell whether you're being serious or blowing me off here or both.

If it's the former, I'd like to hear the rationale for that.


nah not being serious, you just had no chill so it was fun to mess with you a bit.

i thought your first post about michael was pretty good so your pretty towny to me.

everyone else is suspect though. especially that kmatt dude


If you think kmatt is suspect why did you vote Grack?


cos silverwolf blew the whole thing wide open with his theory that maybe earlier posting was scum and not later posting. So I perfectly fused the two theories and my calculations said that 4th post was most likely mafia. You want a graph?


I find this a bit scummy. He really can't get any leads from this and just throws out numbers. I do not think this logic is sound whatsoever. It would be fine if it was just begging of the game meme, but he actually did vote for Grack.

Of topic: Typing Grack reminded me of this
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
"To practice isn't for you to get better now in the present. Practice will never betray you and will always come back for you in the future." -Jaedong
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
January 06 2017 08:07 GMT
#178
On January 06 2017 15:24 darthfoley wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2017 11:14 Grackaroni wrote:
On January 06 2017 09:53 Calix wrote:
On January 06 2017 09:37 MichaelEhrmantraut wrote:
Checking In.

On January 06 2017 09:25 ika42 wrote:
On January 06 2017 09:06 Kmatt wrote:
On January 06 2017 09:00 Onegu wrote:
VT claim


Could you not


lets act like ive never played mafia for a min: why? and i dont want to hear the "oh it narrows PR" crap (yes this is a vaild reason but anyone will argue this). Yes it is sub optimal in general but why are you opposed to it?

also obligatory vote silverwolf

now onto something i want everyone to answer

are you town?
how long have you played mafia?
do you play elsewhere and if so where?
What is your typical play style?
how do you scumhunt/townhunt?
do you know anyone here that you can read very well?

to answer my own:
yes
about 4-5 years now on and off now
my typical style is to kinda talk to people and interact with others to try to get reads. most times it helps to have someone i know so i can quickly bounce with someone if they are town or lynch them if they are scum (hi silver)
kinda said as above, but to summarize it i hunt though interactions most of the time
yes, i can read silverwolf very well though watching and having interactions.


1. no
2. back in the day
3. no
4. ?
5. ?
6. nope

obligatory qeustion : why the vote ?




I'm flagging up this post because I think it's a possible example of an inexperienced scum player struggling to enter the thread. I didn't even notice this dude had posted.

- Using an easy way of entering the thread (via questionnaire thing) to make a post which doesn't tell us anything
- Adds a completely useless question about the vote (the 'obligatory' part pings me here)
- Does nothing afterwards

I'd say the opposite of this. I think if he was a nervous, inexperienced scum player he would put more effort into trying to make his first post look good.


Tbf if he's being coached this argument becomes kinda WIFOMy

No coach is going to advise somebody to write a post like that. Obviously I still want to wait on more posts.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
January 06 2017 08:10 GMT
#179
On January 06 2017 15:53 Calix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2017 11:48 B0stonSC wrote:
Hello! Sorry, hadn't realized this has started. Let me read through everything, and then I'll post thoughts


This post pings me but I can't really figure out why. Like he posts this 2-4 hours-ish into the game and starts off by apologising for not being around here earlier which is pretty weird for town to do. I can't imagine myself saying sorry for something as a first post kind of deal so I don't get why he would is what I'm getting at.

I think I get why. It's a sign that he may be concerned about how people are viewing his absence from the start of the thread.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
January 06 2017 08:30 GMT
#180
On January 06 2017 16:25 darthfoley wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2017 16:14 Vivax wrote:
On January 06 2017 15:48 darthfoley wrote:
On January 06 2017 15:42 Vivax wrote:
On January 06 2017 15:39 darthfoley wrote:
On January 06 2017 15:30 Vivax wrote:
On January 06 2017 15:21 darthfoley wrote:
On January 06 2017 14:13 Vivax wrote:
Is there anyone here who actually didn't play mafia before, or just very very little?

On January 06 2017 11:31 darthfoley wrote:
On January 06 2017 10:43 Calix wrote:
I sense I'll have an aneurysm at this rate.

DF, you seem sensible. What else have you noticed so far?


I actually feel weird about ika. Asked the kinda useless questionnaire and has basically been bs'ing a bit since. Not a real read but I find his opening a little off


This read looks forced. I mean, you will say it isn't a read I know, but we both know it kind of is. And to me it just looks like you were looking for someone to make look guilty easily to fulfill Calix demand.

Fend yourself, Foley.


Forced how? Of course it's a read, but it's a D1 read 3 hours in. Forgive me if i'm not wow'd by someone asking nebulous or irrelevant questions about self meta that could easily be bullshitted.

His play since is more trolly than I prefer, except regarding the point on Calix's scum play which is actually useful.



Why not 1gu then?


I've never seen Onegu play a non trolly game. It's within his meta either way, especially D1 lol


But you have seen ikas meta yes?


No, I don't know the guy


Idk why you are eager to suspect someone for not being super serious at the beginning of the game, when clearly you don't even know how he usually plays. So that's why I'm saying your read is forced, it looked like you found something worth smearing for the sake of itself cause calix asked you to dig something up.


She asked me if I had picked up on anything else and that was the only thing I had found worth mentioning. I think it's hardly accurate to say that I'm trying to smear the dude.

It's refreshing to assess someone's motives without knowing meta. You're less likely to talk yourself out of gut reads. No idea why you find that problematic. You're acting like I'm on a crusade against the guy lol.


It's always easy to call out someone for being trolly or not contributive. And I don't see how that applies to him in particular. Even for yourself it's such a weak argument that you call it not a real read.

So I find it unusual that asked whether you saw something worth picking up, you do it over something that you didn't feel strongly about, and for something that is imo NAI (not alignment indicative for who doesn't know) at this stage.

So one possibility is you were simply being casual as town and throwing that out there even though for your play it will have little impact as you don't want to pursue that further. Then again that would mean that your answer to Calix "did you see something worthwhile" still wasn't answered and that you didn't find an avenue for finding scum there.

Or you are scum with the pressure that comes to post something looking useful well knowing that as long as you post something that you don't have to commit to, you're fine. And that post also falls in this category, too.

Now from this ambiguity why do I think that it makes you more likely mafia?
Scum that doesn't have a trolly town meta by default will be under pressure to look useful. Your filter apart from one or two posts seems like you are trying to look useful.

That post isn't something I believe you think to be useful.
Otherwise tell me why you believe it's useful. Achieves something for yourself besides satisfying a request that you would grant only to enhance your standing with the town, which is mafia play.
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 84 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4764
Leta 1703
Shuttle 743
Shine 41
ZergMaN 20
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm233
League of Legends
JimRising 630
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King37
Other Games
summit1g7722
WinterStarcraft628
Sick153
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick490
BasetradeTV209
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1419
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2179
League of Legends
• Lourlo1054
• Rush885
Other Games
• Shiphtur486
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 58m
Patches Events
8h 58m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 58m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 58m
OSC
16h 58m
OSC
1d 5h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.