• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:25
CEST 21:25
KST 04:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13076 users

Newbie Student Mafia XXV - Page 5

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 Next All
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 07 2017 22:04 GMT
#774
On January 08 2017 06:50 Grackaroni wrote:
I don't think there was anything wrong with the timing of my claim. I believe I was in the vote lead with Silverwolf and ika both voting me. That probably wasn't going to end well for me.


Why do you think btdt is town cc?
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 07 2017 22:09 GMT
#777
On January 08 2017 06:59 Vivax wrote:
But I'm going to chill and just leave it at that impression cause I feel like I'd be jumping the gun calling you scum just for a single post.


Isn't that exactly what you did with me? Why are you giving him a pass?
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 07 2017 22:15 GMT
#784
I've been town reading Grack for a while and I don't think his response to Btdt's CC has been scummy at all

Now everyone is off Boston for the same reason: paranoia???

watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 07 2017 22:26 GMT
#796
I honestly don't think Grack is the right lynch here. But I'm also voting for my scum read with another one of my scum reads so who the fuck knows

Did everyone leave the Boston lynch ONLY because of the claim cc thing?
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 07 2017 22:28 GMT
#799
On January 08 2017 07:23 Calix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2017 07:18 Kmatt wrote:
Let the record show that I totally called something silly happening. There's one issue I have with the doc counterclaim: Mafia is told the setup, and only 2 of 4 PRs are in play.

Let's say I'm scum. If I need a last resort to swing votes off of me, I would always claim a PR that isn't in play (so if this game has Doc/Vig I could claim Cop). By claiming a role that mafia is fully aware is in play, they leave that loophole open for a counterclaim. Between a 3 man mafia team and coaches, I just can't see such and not obvious detail be overlooked. Either scum!Grack and his team are morons or BTDT just verified the guy's claim.

Or am I missing some key detail here?


A good point. However I think you're overlooking that scum might want to draw out a PR before they die, especially a Protective (means nothing stops scum from killing who they want, after all). People were starting to be wary of a Boston lynch and votes were starting to go on Grack at the time.


Yea but as Onegu and I have mentioned I don't think the claim happened at a time where it was clear Grack was good omg to be the lynch
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 07 2017 22:38 GMT
#801
On January 08 2017 07:35 MichaelEhrmantraut wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2017 11:14 Grackaroni wrote:
On January 06 2017 09:53 Calix wrote:
On January 06 2017 09:37 MichaelEhrmantraut wrote:
Checking In.

On January 06 2017 09:25 ika42 wrote:
On January 06 2017 09:06 Kmatt wrote:
On January 06 2017 09:00 Onegu wrote:
VT claim


Could you not


lets act like ive never played mafia for a min: why? and i dont want to hear the "oh it narrows PR" crap (yes this is a vaild reason but anyone will argue this). Yes it is sub optimal in general but why are you opposed to it?

also obligatory vote silverwolf

now onto something i want everyone to answer

are you town?
how long have you played mafia?
do you play elsewhere and if so where?
What is your typical play style?
how do you scumhunt/townhunt?
do you know anyone here that you can read very well?

to answer my own:
yes
about 4-5 years now on and off now
my typical style is to kinda talk to people and interact with others to try to get reads. most times it helps to have someone i know so i can quickly bounce with someone if they are town or lynch them if they are scum (hi silver)
kinda said as above, but to summarize it i hunt though interactions most of the time
yes, i can read silverwolf very well though watching and having interactions.


1. no
2. back in the day
3. no
4. ?
5. ?
6. nope

obligatory qeustion : why the vote ?




I'm flagging up this post because I think it's a possible example of an inexperienced scum player struggling to enter the thread. I didn't even notice this dude had posted.

- Using an easy way of entering the thread (via questionnaire thing) to make a post which doesn't tell us anything
- Adds a completely useless question about the vote (the 'obligatory' part pings me here)
- Does nothing afterwards

I'd say the opposite of this. I think if he was a nervous, inexperienced scum player he would put more effort into trying to make his first post look good.


So now that you are getting lynched, you changed your vote to me. Beats me.
I hate how spammy this game is especially with Calix and BTDT posting literally single-line posts for 3 pages, its better to not talk than to just spew absolute BS which is what has been happening all game. Also with B0stonSC bandwagon-ing onto someone's scum-read of me, when all I have done is posted thrice.
Also I don't understand why that questionnaire is being used as a way to scum-read me. Everyone who is/isn't town is obviously going to 'Yes' on the town thing. And i absolutely didn't know what to say on the rest of the questions. I am holding my vote until the deadline.




Ummmmmmmmm
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 07 2017 22:38 GMT
#802
Welcome back?
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 07 2017 22:41 GMT
#804
^ yea what's the point of reading the thread and then not interacting with anyone until near EoD.

And why do you like that Calix?
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 07 2017 22:54 GMT
#809
On January 08 2017 07:48 B0stonSC wrote:
Michael, your posts just seem.... off, in a way. I can't put my finger on it, but you seem wrong to me.

Also Grack, it was mostly a gut feeling more than anything else. You were playing stupidly, but it was a town sort of stupidity.


I'm very close to just voting for you.

You seem... off, in a way!
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 07 2017 23:19 GMT
#815
On January 08 2017 08:08 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2017 07:54 darthfoley wrote:
On January 08 2017 07:48 B0stonSC wrote:
Michael, your posts just seem.... off, in a way. I can't put my finger on it, but you seem wrong to me.

Also Grack, it was mostly a gut feeling more than anything else. You were playing stupidly, but it was a town sort of stupidity.


I'm very close to just voting for you.

You seem... off, in a way!


Posts like these make me think you can be town. Just posts mafia doesn't really want to make or see the point of.


Well I appreciate that but I think you're a wee bit scummy
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 07 2017 23:30 GMT
#818
I don't think Grack is mafia but that has nothing to do with your alignment or my read on you
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 08 2017 00:02 GMT
#826
Give me one reason not to fucking lynch btdt
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 08 2017 00:04 GMT
#827
On January 08 2017 08:59 Grackaroni wrote:
For my first and final act as confirmed town:

I demand a comprehensive town case on Silverwolf from ika.

[image loading]


The BURDEN OF PROOF has passed to you, my friend. No more excuses! Will you heed the call?


I also love Grack for this lol
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 08 2017 00:07 GMT
#829
I can't believe we just lynched a PR D1.

Do we have to wait for the day to vote? Or can we do it at night?
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 08 2017 00:10 GMT
#832
On January 08 2017 09:09 beentheredonethat wrote:
Well was worth a try


???
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 08 2017 00:14 GMT
#835
On January 08 2017 09:09 beentheredonethat wrote:
I didn't believe that claim as I thought it's absolutely dumb to make as town. So I counterclaimed, hoping that it was panicked mafia as he'd been lynched anyways N1.

I'm not the doctor obviously. Good night.


Either you're illogical mafia or you're ______ town. I have no sympathy for either.

Goodbye, we hardly knew thee
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 08 2017 00:15 GMT
#836
Also town points to Kmatt and Vivax for actually giving a fuck about this flip
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 08 2017 03:33 GMT
#849
On January 08 2017 12:30 ika42 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2017 09:15 darthfoley wrote:
Also town points to Kmatt and Vivax for actually giving a fuck about this flip


i dont give town points for reaction to a flip


They were around aka they were interested. That's town to me. Thankfully you aren't me so you don't have give town cared for the stuff I do!
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 08 2017 03:55 GMT
#853
This also kinda wastes our D2 in terms of a lynch VCA
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 08 2017 17:26 GMT
#893
On January 08 2017 19:15 Calix wrote:
That's not what I was hoping to see when I woke up, zzz. In any case, BTDT's 100% dying. Nothing more needs to be said there.

Show nested quote +
On January 08 2017 09:02 darthfoley wrote:
Give me one reason not to fucking lynch btdt

Show nested quote +
On January 08 2017 09:04 Vivax wrote:
On January 08 2017 09:02 darthfoley wrote:
Give me one reason not to fucking lynch btdt


The only one I can think of is that he's tilting and throwing as town. But it's still a nobrainer to do it and he will get my vote no matter what.

Really sad that grack, a player I've known since Game of Thrones mafia and who has clearly shown his skill this game, had to go cause of him.


Noting this because you two were pretty adamant that BTDT vs Grack is TvT iirc and I don't get why Grack flipping Medic leads to this change in attitude.

(well actually that's not true but I want to hear your answers first)



I wasn't adamant that it was TvT. Vivax and Grack were. I just thought that Grack was town.
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1241
TKL 447
IndyStarCraft 277
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1201
ByuN 455
TKL 433
IndyStarCraft 277
Reynor 232
EmSc Tv 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24497
Calm 2401
Shuttle 367
Mini 172
White-Ra 143
ZZZero.O 86
firebathero 83
scan(afreeca) 24
soO 13
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc11240
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1287
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3824
Liquid`Hasu548
MindelVK5
Other Games
summit1g4630
Liquid`RaSZi2258
fl0m1721
FrodaN1313
olofmeister731
B2W.Neo711
Khaldor494
Beastyqt387
Livibee179
crisheroes164
Mew2King70
Pyrionflax39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick742
BasetradeTV236
StarCraft 2
angryscii 17
EmSc Tv 7
EmSc2Tv 7
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 29
• Adnapsc2 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach38
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• 80smullet 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1264
• Shiphtur652
• WagamamaTV419
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 35m
Replay Cast
3h 35m
OSC
16h 35m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.