• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:18
CEST 10:18
KST 17:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7488 users

Newbie Student Mafia XXV

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
December 23 2016 17:55 GMT
#4
hmmmm, i'll want to play if i'm out of the other game in time. Newbie games are always fun
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
December 30 2016 23:03 GMT
#18
/in
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 04 2017 19:37 GMT
#46
i confirmed
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 06 2017 01:04 GMT
#104
Salutations friends! May the odds be ever in our favor because we have such wonderful mods!
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 06 2017 01:05 GMT
#105
On January 06 2017 09:25 ika42 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2017 09:06 Kmatt wrote:
On January 06 2017 09:00 Onegu wrote:
VT claim


Could you not


lets act like ive never played mafia for a min: why? and i dont want to hear the "oh it narrows PR" crap (yes this is a vaild reason but anyone will argue this). Yes it is sub optimal in general but why are you opposed to it?

also obligatory vote silverwolf

now onto something i want everyone to answer

are you town?
how long have you played mafia?
do you play elsewhere and if so where?
What is your typical play style?
how do you scumhunt/townhunt?
do you know anyone here that you can read very well?

to answer my own:
yes
about 4-5 years now on and off now
my typical style is to kinda talk to people and interact with others to try to get reads. most times it helps to have someone i know so i can quickly bounce with someone if they are town or lynch them if they are scum (hi silver)
kinda said as above, but to summarize it i hunt though interactions most of the time
yes, i can read silverwolf very well though watching and having interactions.



I feel generous, so here you go ika.

- most likely
- i've played irl mafia for about 2 years, forum mafia for around 1 year.
- only TL, I think this is my 8th game
- my typical playstyle is terrible D1, better as the game progresses. I used to play a low activity game cuz I was new to the deal, but I've found myself becoming a more frequent poster
- not sure how to answer this... I talk to people?
- I've played like one game with Calix and i'm currently in a game with Grack and btdt-- but we can't talk about it as it's a current game. I've also played a game or two with Onegu but i have no idea how to read him.
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 06 2017 01:07 GMT
#106
On January 06 2017 09:53 Calix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2017 09:37 MichaelEhrmantraut wrote:
Checking In.

On January 06 2017 09:25 ika42 wrote:
On January 06 2017 09:06 Kmatt wrote:
On January 06 2017 09:00 Onegu wrote:
VT claim


Could you not


lets act like ive never played mafia for a min: why? and i dont want to hear the "oh it narrows PR" crap (yes this is a vaild reason but anyone will argue this). Yes it is sub optimal in general but why are you opposed to it?

also obligatory vote silverwolf

now onto something i want everyone to answer

are you town?
how long have you played mafia?
do you play elsewhere and if so where?
What is your typical play style?
how do you scumhunt/townhunt?
do you know anyone here that you can read very well?

to answer my own:
yes
about 4-5 years now on and off now
my typical style is to kinda talk to people and interact with others to try to get reads. most times it helps to have someone i know so i can quickly bounce with someone if they are town or lynch them if they are scum (hi silver)
kinda said as above, but to summarize it i hunt though interactions most of the time
yes, i can read silverwolf very well though watching and having interactions.


1. no
2. back in the day
3. no
4. ?
5. ?
6. nope

obligatory qeustion : why the vote ?




I'm flagging up this post because I think it's a possible example of an inexperienced scum player struggling to enter the thread. I didn't even notice this dude had posted.

- Using an easy way of entering the thread (via questionnaire thing) to make a post which doesn't tell us anything
- Adds a completely useless question about the vote (the 'obligatory' part pings me here)
- Does nothing afterwards


Fair but i've never seen a game start of with a personality test, so I can see why a newbie would have no idea how to answer, regardless of alignment. Especially the 4th and 5th questions; they're very introspective lol.

Noted but NAI currently
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 06 2017 01:19 GMT
#113
On January 06 2017 10:16 KelsierSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2017 10:13 Calix wrote:
On January 06 2017 10:11 KelsierSC wrote:
On January 06 2017 10:10 Calix wrote:
On January 06 2017 10:07 KelsierSC wrote:
On January 06 2017 10:02 Calix wrote:
On January 06 2017 10:01 KelsierSC wrote:
On January 06 2017 09:53 Calix wrote:
On January 06 2017 09:37 MichaelEhrmantraut wrote:
Checking In.

On January 06 2017 09:25 ika42 wrote:
[quote]

lets act like ive never played mafia for a min: why? and i dont want to hear the "oh it narrows PR" crap (yes this is a vaild reason but anyone will argue this). Yes it is sub optimal in general but why are you opposed to it?

also obligatory vote silverwolf

now onto something i want everyone to answer

are you town?
how long have you played mafia?
do you play elsewhere and if so where?
What is your typical play style?
how do you scumhunt/townhunt?
do you know anyone here that you can read very well?

to answer my own:
yes
about 4-5 years now on and off now
my typical style is to kinda talk to people and interact with others to try to get reads. most times it helps to have someone i know so i can quickly bounce with someone if they are town or lynch them if they are scum (hi silver)
kinda said as above, but to summarize it i hunt though interactions most of the time
yes, i can read silverwolf very well though watching and having interactions.


1. no
2. back in the day
3. no
4. ?
5. ?
6. nope

obligatory qeustion : why the vote ?




I'm flagging up this post because I think it's a possible example of an inexperienced scum player struggling to enter the thread. I didn't even notice this dude had posted.

- Using an easy way of entering the thread (via questionnaire thing) to make a post which doesn't tell us anything
- Adds a completely useless question about the vote (the 'obligatory' part pings me here)
- Does nothing afterwards


he was one of the first questionnaire responses though , want to look at all the late answers who thought they had best fill one out so they didnt stick out.


It was the first one that stuck out to me as awkward/ forced.

However I'm interested in your take on 'blendy' answers.


well im not making a ground breaking finding but mafia generally try to blend in and make non commital or mimic posts right so they might have thought answering a list of questions which everyone else was doing is a good idea.

probably not relevant here as the questionnaire was hardly insightful and i dont want to start a circle jerk with, well you posted 5th so you are scum. the whole exercise got me some good reads so not entirely pointless and now the the game is moving.


Nothing is going to be ground-breaking at this point so that qualifier (from DF too in the post above) is 100% unnecessary.

I didn't approach the questionnaires like that. The VCA-style "X voter/ poster is scum" thing is useless as a metric.

What "good" reads do you have?


yo just calm down alright


My emotional state is irrelevant to the question.

You claim to have reads, I'm asking for them. What's the point of saying "I have reads" and then be stubborn about sharing them?


so what I did is I checked the order in which people responded to the questionnaire and the first ones to respond are clear town until we get to the people who were like 4th and onwards who are likely scum. 100% accurate




So what does that mean in terms of practicality?

Name, give the me wretched name!

Obligatory
+ Show Spoiler +
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 06 2017 01:39 GMT
#128
On January 06 2017 10:24 KelsierSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2017 10:19 Calix wrote:
On January 06 2017 10:16 KelsierSC wrote:
On January 06 2017 10:13 Calix wrote:
On January 06 2017 10:11 KelsierSC wrote:
On January 06 2017 10:10 Calix wrote:
On January 06 2017 10:07 KelsierSC wrote:
On January 06 2017 10:02 Calix wrote:
On January 06 2017 10:01 KelsierSC wrote:
On January 06 2017 09:53 Calix wrote:
[quote]

I'm flagging up this post because I think it's a possible example of an inexperienced scum player struggling to enter the thread. I didn't even notice this dude had posted.

- Using an easy way of entering the thread (via questionnaire thing) to make a post which doesn't tell us anything
- Adds a completely useless question about the vote (the 'obligatory' part pings me here)
- Does nothing afterwards


he was one of the first questionnaire responses though , want to look at all the late answers who thought they had best fill one out so they didnt stick out.


It was the first one that stuck out to me as awkward/ forced.

However I'm interested in your take on 'blendy' answers.


well im not making a ground breaking finding but mafia generally try to blend in and make non commital or mimic posts right so they might have thought answering a list of questions which everyone else was doing is a good idea.

probably not relevant here as the questionnaire was hardly insightful and i dont want to start a circle jerk with, well you posted 5th so you are scum. the whole exercise got me some good reads so not entirely pointless and now the the game is moving.


Nothing is going to be ground-breaking at this point so that qualifier (from DF too in the post above) is 100% unnecessary.

I didn't approach the questionnaires like that. The VCA-style "X voter/ poster is scum" thing is useless as a metric.

What "good" reads do you have?


yo just calm down alright


My emotional state is irrelevant to the question.

You claim to have reads, I'm asking for them. What's the point of saying "I have reads" and then be stubborn about sharing them?


so what I did is I checked the order in which people responded to the questionnaire and the first ones to respond are clear town until we get to the people who were like 4th and onwards who are likely scum. 100% accurate




I can't tell whether you're being serious or blowing me off here or both.

If it's the former, I'd like to hear the rationale for that.


nah not being serious, you just had no chill so it was fun to mess with you a bit.

i thought your first post about michael was pretty good so your pretty towny to me.

everyone else is suspect though. especially that kmatt dude


If you think kmatt is suspect why did you vote Grack?
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 06 2017 02:31 GMT
#149
On January 06 2017 10:43 Calix wrote:
I sense I'll have an aneurysm at this rate.

DF, you seem sensible. What else have you noticed so far?


I actually feel weird about ika. Asked the kinda useless questionnaire and has basically been bs'ing a bit since. Not a real read but I find his opening a little off
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 06 2017 06:11 GMT
#159
On January 06 2017 10:52 Calix wrote:
I am too tired to bang my head against the wall since it's 2am.

I won't be very active until late afternoon/ evening or so but that doesn't matter. My low-activity play is ten times better than most people's normal play.

Goodnight!


Great excuse for OMGUS (omg u suck) later on if you're scum!
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 06 2017 06:13 GMT
#160
On January 06 2017 11:16 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2017 10:04 darthfoley wrote:
Salutations friends! May the odds be ever in our favor because we have such wonderful mods!

This isn't a bastard game silly. You should have offered favors in the pregame like I did.


Favors, you say?
$5 for an hj
$10 for a bj
$15 for a zj
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 06 2017 06:21 GMT
#161
On January 06 2017 14:13 Vivax wrote:
Is there anyone here who actually didn't play mafia before, or just very very little?

Show nested quote +
On January 06 2017 11:31 darthfoley wrote:
On January 06 2017 10:43 Calix wrote:
I sense I'll have an aneurysm at this rate.

DF, you seem sensible. What else have you noticed so far?


I actually feel weird about ika. Asked the kinda useless questionnaire and has basically been bs'ing a bit since. Not a real read but I find his opening a little off


This read looks forced. I mean, you will say it isn't a read I know, but we both know it kind of is. And to me it just looks like you were looking for someone to make look guilty easily to fulfill Calix demand.

Fend yourself, Foley.


Forced how? Of course it's a read, but it's a D1 read 3 hours in. Forgive me if i'm not wow'd by someone asking nebulous or irrelevant questions about self meta that could easily be bullshitted.

His play since is more trolly than I prefer, except regarding the point on Calix's scum play which is actually useful.

watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 06 2017 06:24 GMT
#162
On January 06 2017 11:14 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2017 09:53 Calix wrote:
On January 06 2017 09:37 MichaelEhrmantraut wrote:
Checking In.

On January 06 2017 09:25 ika42 wrote:
On January 06 2017 09:06 Kmatt wrote:
On January 06 2017 09:00 Onegu wrote:
VT claim


Could you not


lets act like ive never played mafia for a min: why? and i dont want to hear the "oh it narrows PR" crap (yes this is a vaild reason but anyone will argue this). Yes it is sub optimal in general but why are you opposed to it?

also obligatory vote silverwolf

now onto something i want everyone to answer

are you town?
how long have you played mafia?
do you play elsewhere and if so where?
What is your typical play style?
how do you scumhunt/townhunt?
do you know anyone here that you can read very well?

to answer my own:
yes
about 4-5 years now on and off now
my typical style is to kinda talk to people and interact with others to try to get reads. most times it helps to have someone i know so i can quickly bounce with someone if they are town or lynch them if they are scum (hi silver)
kinda said as above, but to summarize it i hunt though interactions most of the time
yes, i can read silverwolf very well though watching and having interactions.


1. no
2. back in the day
3. no
4. ?
5. ?
6. nope

obligatory qeustion : why the vote ?




I'm flagging up this post because I think it's a possible example of an inexperienced scum player struggling to enter the thread. I didn't even notice this dude had posted.

- Using an easy way of entering the thread (via questionnaire thing) to make a post which doesn't tell us anything
- Adds a completely useless question about the vote (the 'obligatory' part pings me here)
- Does nothing afterwards

I'd say the opposite of this. I think if he was a nervous, inexperienced scum player he would put more effort into trying to make his first post look good.


Tbf if he's being coached this argument becomes kinda WIFOMy
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 06 2017 06:28 GMT
#163
On January 06 2017 10:27 SilverWolf77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2017 10:16 KelsierSC wrote:
so what I did is I checked the order in which people responded to the questionnaire and the first ones to respond are clear town until we get to the people who were like 4th and onwards who are likely scum. 100% accurate


I think this is probably a joke, but I actually think scum would likely answer these right off the bat as soon as they got onlie cuz it's a good way to blend in. Town might be more stubborn about not answering them if they don't want to.


I like this post!
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 06 2017 06:38 GMT
#166
On January 06 2017 15:32 B0stonSC wrote:
The hell is a zj?


If you have to ask big man, you can't afford it

+ Show Spoiler +
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 06 2017 06:39 GMT
#167
On January 06 2017 15:30 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2017 15:21 darthfoley wrote:
On January 06 2017 14:13 Vivax wrote:
Is there anyone here who actually didn't play mafia before, or just very very little?

On January 06 2017 11:31 darthfoley wrote:
On January 06 2017 10:43 Calix wrote:
I sense I'll have an aneurysm at this rate.

DF, you seem sensible. What else have you noticed so far?


I actually feel weird about ika. Asked the kinda useless questionnaire and has basically been bs'ing a bit since. Not a real read but I find his opening a little off


This read looks forced. I mean, you will say it isn't a read I know, but we both know it kind of is. And to me it just looks like you were looking for someone to make look guilty easily to fulfill Calix demand.

Fend yourself, Foley.


Forced how? Of course it's a read, but it's a D1 read 3 hours in. Forgive me if i'm not wow'd by someone asking nebulous or irrelevant questions about self meta that could easily be bullshitted.

His play since is more trolly than I prefer, except regarding the point on Calix's scum play which is actually useful.



Why not 1gu then?


I've never seen Onegu play a non trolly game. It's within his meta either way, especially D1 lol
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 06 2017 06:48 GMT
#169
On January 06 2017 15:42 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2017 15:39 darthfoley wrote:
On January 06 2017 15:30 Vivax wrote:
On January 06 2017 15:21 darthfoley wrote:
On January 06 2017 14:13 Vivax wrote:
Is there anyone here who actually didn't play mafia before, or just very very little?

On January 06 2017 11:31 darthfoley wrote:
On January 06 2017 10:43 Calix wrote:
I sense I'll have an aneurysm at this rate.

DF, you seem sensible. What else have you noticed so far?


I actually feel weird about ika. Asked the kinda useless questionnaire and has basically been bs'ing a bit since. Not a real read but I find his opening a little off


This read looks forced. I mean, you will say it isn't a read I know, but we both know it kind of is. And to me it just looks like you were looking for someone to make look guilty easily to fulfill Calix demand.

Fend yourself, Foley.


Forced how? Of course it's a read, but it's a D1 read 3 hours in. Forgive me if i'm not wow'd by someone asking nebulous or irrelevant questions about self meta that could easily be bullshitted.

His play since is more trolly than I prefer, except regarding the point on Calix's scum play which is actually useful.



Why not 1gu then?


I've never seen Onegu play a non trolly game. It's within his meta either way, especially D1 lol


But you have seen ikas meta yes?


No, I don't know the guy
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 06 2017 07:25 GMT
#175
On January 06 2017 16:14 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2017 15:48 darthfoley wrote:
On January 06 2017 15:42 Vivax wrote:
On January 06 2017 15:39 darthfoley wrote:
On January 06 2017 15:30 Vivax wrote:
On January 06 2017 15:21 darthfoley wrote:
On January 06 2017 14:13 Vivax wrote:
Is there anyone here who actually didn't play mafia before, or just very very little?

On January 06 2017 11:31 darthfoley wrote:
On January 06 2017 10:43 Calix wrote:
I sense I'll have an aneurysm at this rate.

DF, you seem sensible. What else have you noticed so far?


I actually feel weird about ika. Asked the kinda useless questionnaire and has basically been bs'ing a bit since. Not a real read but I find his opening a little off


This read looks forced. I mean, you will say it isn't a read I know, but we both know it kind of is. And to me it just looks like you were looking for someone to make look guilty easily to fulfill Calix demand.

Fend yourself, Foley.


Forced how? Of course it's a read, but it's a D1 read 3 hours in. Forgive me if i'm not wow'd by someone asking nebulous or irrelevant questions about self meta that could easily be bullshitted.

His play since is more trolly than I prefer, except regarding the point on Calix's scum play which is actually useful.



Why not 1gu then?


I've never seen Onegu play a non trolly game. It's within his meta either way, especially D1 lol


But you have seen ikas meta yes?


No, I don't know the guy


Idk why you are eager to suspect someone for not being super serious at the beginning of the game, when clearly you don't even know how he usually plays. So that's why I'm saying your read is forced, it looked like you found something worth smearing for the sake of itself cause calix asked you to dig something up.


She asked me if I had picked up on anything else and that was the only thing I had found worth mentioning. I think it's hardly accurate to say that I'm trying to smear the dude.

It's refreshing to assess someone's motives without knowing meta. You're less likely to talk yourself out of gut reads. No idea why you find that problematic. You're acting like I'm on a crusade against the guy lol.
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 06 2017 13:35 GMT
#195
On January 06 2017 17:30 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2017 16:25 darthfoley wrote:
On January 06 2017 16:14 Vivax wrote:
On January 06 2017 15:48 darthfoley wrote:
On January 06 2017 15:42 Vivax wrote:
On January 06 2017 15:39 darthfoley wrote:
On January 06 2017 15:30 Vivax wrote:
On January 06 2017 15:21 darthfoley wrote:
On January 06 2017 14:13 Vivax wrote:
Is there anyone here who actually didn't play mafia before, or just very very little?

On January 06 2017 11:31 darthfoley wrote:
[quote]

I actually feel weird about ika. Asked the kinda useless questionnaire and has basically been bs'ing a bit since. Not a real read but I find his opening a little off


This read looks forced. I mean, you will say it isn't a read I know, but we both know it kind of is. And to me it just looks like you were looking for someone to make look guilty easily to fulfill Calix demand.

Fend yourself, Foley.


Forced how? Of course it's a read, but it's a D1 read 3 hours in. Forgive me if i'm not wow'd by someone asking nebulous or irrelevant questions about self meta that could easily be bullshitted.

His play since is more trolly than I prefer, except regarding the point on Calix's scum play which is actually useful.



Why not 1gu then?


I've never seen Onegu play a non trolly game. It's within his meta either way, especially D1 lol


But you have seen ikas meta yes?


No, I don't know the guy


Idk why you are eager to suspect someone for not being super serious at the beginning of the game, when clearly you don't even know how he usually plays. So that's why I'm saying your read is forced, it looked like you found something worth smearing for the sake of itself cause calix asked you to dig something up.


She asked me if I had picked up on anything else and that was the only thing I had found worth mentioning. I think it's hardly accurate to say that I'm trying to smear the dude.

It's refreshing to assess someone's motives without knowing meta. You're less likely to talk yourself out of gut reads. No idea why you find that problematic. You're acting like I'm on a crusade against the guy lol.


It's always easy to call out someone for being trolly or not contributive. And I don't see how that applies to him in particular. Even for yourself it's such a weak argument that you call it not a real read.

So I find it unusual that asked whether you saw something worth picking up, you do it over something that you didn't feel strongly about, and for something that is imo NAI (not alignment indicative for who doesn't know) at this stage.

So one possibility is you were simply being casual as town and throwing that out there even though for your play it will have little impact as you don't want to pursue that further. Then again that would mean that your answer to Calix "did you see something worthwhile" still wasn't answered and that you didn't find an avenue for finding scum there.

Or you are scum with the pressure that comes to post something looking useful well knowing that as long as you post something that you don't have to commit to, you're fine. And that post also falls in this category, too.

Now from this ambiguity why do I think that it makes you more likely mafia?
Scum that doesn't have a trolly town meta by default will be under pressure to look useful. Your filter apart from one or two posts seems like you are trying to look useful.

That post isn't something I believe you think to be useful.
Otherwise tell me why you believe it's useful. Achieves something for yourself besides satisfying a request that you would grant only to enhance your standing with the town, which is mafia play.


Yea scum try to appear useful. This is why I focused on ika compared to someone like Onegu. Ika started the game with this useful looking questionnaire thing that everyone agrees is NAI for everyone-- but it gets people talking!

Since that post it's basically been chummy with KSC and SW. I just feel like everything else in this game could've happened without using the questionnaire, which reminds me of the "appearance of utility" meta point.

Do you have any opinion of Grack or Calix atm?
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 06 2017 13:42 GMT
#197
On January 06 2017 22:40 ika42 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2017 22:35 darthfoley wrote:
On January 06 2017 17:30 Vivax wrote:
On January 06 2017 16:25 darthfoley wrote:
On January 06 2017 16:14 Vivax wrote:
On January 06 2017 15:48 darthfoley wrote:
On January 06 2017 15:42 Vivax wrote:
On January 06 2017 15:39 darthfoley wrote:
On January 06 2017 15:30 Vivax wrote:
On January 06 2017 15:21 darthfoley wrote:
[quote]

Forced how? Of course it's a read, but it's a D1 read 3 hours in. Forgive me if i'm not wow'd by someone asking nebulous or irrelevant questions about self meta that could easily be bullshitted.

His play since is more trolly than I prefer, except regarding the point on Calix's scum play which is actually useful.



Why not 1gu then?


I've never seen Onegu play a non trolly game. It's within his meta either way, especially D1 lol


But you have seen ikas meta yes?


No, I don't know the guy


Idk why you are eager to suspect someone for not being super serious at the beginning of the game, when clearly you don't even know how he usually plays. So that's why I'm saying your read is forced, it looked like you found something worth smearing for the sake of itself cause calix asked you to dig something up.


She asked me if I had picked up on anything else and that was the only thing I had found worth mentioning. I think it's hardly accurate to say that I'm trying to smear the dude.

It's refreshing to assess someone's motives without knowing meta. You're less likely to talk yourself out of gut reads. No idea why you find that problematic. You're acting like I'm on a crusade against the guy lol.


It's always easy to call out someone for being trolly or not contributive. And I don't see how that applies to him in particular. Even for yourself it's such a weak argument that you call it not a real read.

So I find it unusual that asked whether you saw something worth picking up, you do it over something that you didn't feel strongly about, and for something that is imo NAI (not alignment indicative for who doesn't know) at this stage.

So one possibility is you were simply being casual as town and throwing that out there even though for your play it will have little impact as you don't want to pursue that further. Then again that would mean that your answer to Calix "did you see something worthwhile" still wasn't answered and that you didn't find an avenue for finding scum there.

Or you are scum with the pressure that comes to post something looking useful well knowing that as long as you post something that you don't have to commit to, you're fine. And that post also falls in this category, too.

Now from this ambiguity why do I think that it makes you more likely mafia?
Scum that doesn't have a trolly town meta by default will be under pressure to look useful. Your filter apart from one or two posts seems like you are trying to look useful.

That post isn't something I believe you think to be useful.
Otherwise tell me why you believe it's useful. Achieves something for yourself besides satisfying a request that you would grant only to enhance your standing with the town, which is mafia play.


Yea scum try to appear useful. This is why I focused on ika compared to someone like Onegu. Ika started the game with this useful looking questionnaire thing that everyone agrees is NAI for everyone-- but it gets people talking!

Since that post it's basically been chummy with KSC and SW. I just feel like everything else in this game could've happened without using the questionnaire, which reminds me of the "appearance of utility" meta point.

Do you have any opinion of Grack or Calix atm?


is that last part directed at me or vivak? cus you reference me in here but im not sure if its a direct at me due to me being here.


Nah that's towards Vivax. I posted that at the same time as you did your flurry of recent posts. Speaking of which, what do you make of Vivax so far?
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 42m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4497
Leta 2321
BeSt 511
Soulkey 433
Soma 202
Rush 84
Shine 31
ZergMaN 29
Shinee 14
Dota 2
XcaliburYe168
League of Legends
JimRising 568
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King77
Other Games
WinterStarcraft733
Sick241
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV205
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2306
League of Legends
• Jankos1011
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 42m
Patches Events
6h 42m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 42m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 42m
OSC
14h 42m
OSC
1d 3h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.