• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:13
CEST 17:13
KST 00:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7454 users

[M][N]A Wonderful Normal Game of Mafia

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Etellex
Profile Joined April 2016
36 Posts
April 23 2016 19:34 GMT
#10
/in
Etellex
Profile Joined April 2016
36 Posts
May 03 2016 04:28 GMT
#101
Morning chaps, let us dlibber the blibbers
Etellex
Profile Joined April 2016
36 Posts
May 04 2016 04:37 GMT
#215
I'm not posting because I've been incompetent. I've not been sure what or when to post because I'm not familiar with this particular format of mafia.
Etellex
Profile Joined April 2016
36 Posts
May 04 2016 04:44 GMT
#217
On May 04 2016 13:40 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2016 13:37 Etellex wrote:
I'm not posting because I've been incompetent. I've not been sure what or when to post because I'm not familiar with this particular format of mafia.

What format are you familiar with then? Video?


I'm familiar with casualized forms of Mafia like Town of Salem where there's a lot less reading into what people say and more logic/evidence. I've been quiet because I'm at a loss for what to go off of for suspicion.
Etellex
Profile Joined April 2016
36 Posts
May 04 2016 16:11 GMT
#451
Hey guys, I apologize for not posting nearly enough. I didn't expect there to be this much activity in terms of discussion, making me pretty overwhelmed. I'm going to take an hour or so later today to catch up on reading the thread so I can get a proper grasp on what's going on in the game. Again, I am very sorry for my inactivity and I will fill everything I can to both check and post to the thread more often from here on out. Cheers.
Etellex
Profile Joined April 2016
36 Posts
May 04 2016 18:28 GMT
#520
I've made some observations but I'm very inexperienced so take them with a grain of salt, I suppose, and don't interpret them as accusations.

Faze seems to be jumping around a bit in what our whom he discusses and dropping a lot of conversations.

Mig is either town or very good scum, and from his somewhat pushy and productive tone I'm leaning town.
Etellex
Profile Joined April 2016
36 Posts
May 04 2016 18:51 GMT
#526
On May 05 2016 03:30 Fazers wrote:
@Shapelog: He makes better reads than I do

@Etellex: I stated a few pages back that 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM I am working (full time) so while I am on a computer, my time to browse TL is quite limited. Also, welcome to the game! :D


Thank you for the welcome and explanation. I'm also in a bit of a fragmented schedule so I'm sort of scrambling for any evidence on anyone to base an informed vote off of.
Etellex
Profile Joined April 2016
36 Posts
May 04 2016 19:00 GMT
#531
On May 05 2016 03:49 Shapelog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2016 03:28 Etellex wrote:
I've made some observations but I'm very inexperienced so take them with a grain of salt, I suppose, and don't interpret them as accusations.

Faze seems to be jumping around a bit in what our whom he discusses and dropping a lot of conversations.

Mig is either town or very good scum, and from his somewhat pushy and productive tone I'm leaning town.

I am being slapped around again by grammar!

Anyways,

Anyone else you are leaning town/Scum? Even if you are not sure, post a reason of why you think X is Y.


Kush is posting a lot but not making any significant points, almost in a distracting manner. Not enough to warrant a vote on its own but Kush is definitely my top suspect.
Etellex
Profile Joined April 2016
36 Posts
May 04 2016 20:49 GMT
#602
I'm not too afraid to post, I just don't have any new information to present. Furthermore, I have a tight schedule and this is going to have to be my last post and thus I am forced to cast my vote now. I trust Mig's judgment and arguments. See you tomorrow.

##vote: tubesock
Etellex
Profile Joined April 2016
36 Posts
May 05 2016 23:41 GMT
#753
Hey all, going to make a big-ass post now.

I have evidently been under a lot of suspicion. I have been hesitant and reserved in this thread until now because of the following:

*My only experience with the format being from ToS, drilling into my head that I should be conservative on the information I provide in fear of either being killed or perceived as scum (or executioner in ToS.) This is very clearly a sufficiently different format of play to the point which strategies not being cross-applicable, despite the genre of the game being the same. Think of it as going from Call of Duty to Quake.

*I lack the knowledge of how specific players behave that I felt was necessary, so I wanted to be careful with my reads out of not wanting to wrongfully lynch someone or be suspected of diverting attention from myself. Close to the end of the first day, I was very unsure as to who to vote for, but was leaning Kush. I stayed and waited for more posts to come in as to perhaps assist me in placing a confident vote, but I couldn't find any. The player whom I trusted the most was Mig, and because of both Mig's post arguing that we need to focus on one person to lynch and my very shaky read on Kush, I switched my vote to Tube to comply with both Mig's and the majority's vote. I'm now seeing a post suggesting that I did this only to seem to fit in as scum, and while that is sound logic on paper, I really didn't have anything more than gut instinct to go off of for Kush, so the bar for swaying me was low. The bandwagon was better than nothing.

Part two: My full thought process thus far.

It's clear that I have to be a lot more open as to what I think and who I read in this gamemode, and I will now do just that by summarizing my full though process up until now.

I first noticed Fazer due to his very blunt questioning of Tube, and despite that I didn't say anything because of I did not see any importance in this observation, which in hindsight I should have shared. I was then lacking in leads and wanted to post something so I read Kush and Mig, which were the people that stood out to me for their common posting. The Tube vote was made because I really did not have much confidence in my accusation of Kush and I didn't want to stand out too much (I know this is awful, Town of Salem mindset.) Now I'm watching accusations fly and I do think I am the primary lynch target right now, so I hope this wall of text helps me and the rest of town.

TL;DR: My inexperience caused me to look suspicious and because I'm inexperienced I didn't know what to do about that so I just dumped all of my thoughts into one post in a desperate attempt to explain myself and regain trust of fellow townies.
Etellex
Profile Joined April 2016
36 Posts
May 06 2016 22:09 GMT
#949
I'm thinking Killing is scum.

He started the game with nothing but fluff, moved on very aggressively to attacking Ricey for no logical reason, and when that didn't work moved to me in an attempt to start a lynch train.

I believe that Ricey, however, is town because he initially believed I was town and then later changed his mind, indicating to me that this isn't scum trying to pin me but someone genuinely changing their mind. I'm not going to officially vote for Killing yet because that's bad for reasons I do not quite understand. Also, can anyone brief me as to why Palmer is getting to much suspicion? I'm reading his filter and I'm not seeing anything all that suspicious.
Etellex
Profile Joined April 2016
36 Posts
May 07 2016 05:29 GMT
#963
@Killing
Posting fluff only reinforces my point. I've not been all that confident in anything yet in this game, but your intentionally confusing tone and heavy fluff is the biggest clue I've seen in this game by far.

@Kush
Oh, it's because of the meta. However there are quite a few people who would know how Marv plays, including Palmer and others. For all you know I could be a smurf; a smurf wouldn't be this bad, though, ha.
Etellex
Profile Joined April 2016
36 Posts
May 07 2016 18:09 GMT
#1008
On May 07 2016 20:51 RiceyKins wrote:
##Vote: Etellex

you seem to have a good read on Palmar marv and I'm on board with his lynch based on your read but I still would be fine with lynching Etellex today as well. His recent posts have made sense to me though as in I understand where he's coming from in terms of trouble posting and style differences from Town of Salem to this... however I don't see that as alignment indicative but his actions are still really leading me to think he's mafia.

Honestly right now it's because he said Killing attacked me for no logical reason when even I admitted earlier in this game

Show nested quote +
On May 04 2016 10:58 RiceyKins wrote:
I also think going after Shape at this point is just plain bad. At first I thought Shape was a little too friendly with Kush and trying to parrot his opinions but after re-reading his filter that isn't really the case and I think he's made the best points out of any of us so far. So I dunno why out of everybody here he would put the two of us on a list together when honestly speaking we're on opposite ends in terms of contributions for town. That's somewhat strange.


So I can understand somebody coming after me quite well.

Most of my hesitation on Etellex d1 was because we weren't able to see his thought process and how he came to his conclusions but now that we have I'm still not convinced that he's looking for mafia, it seems like he's actively just trying to survive instead of helping town.

Do you still read Kush as scum Etellex? Who else other than Killing stands out to you?


Right now nothing I say holds water because of all the suspicion on me, so first I want to establish that I am in fact not scum before doing anything crazy. As for Kush, I do now think he's town.

What is an interesting possibility is that Palmer actually is scum and when he is revealed it will appear obvious that I am, despite being town. I don't know why someone would go through all that trouble to kill someone who's going to get lynched anyways so I don't think this is 100% the case but in case he does turn out to be mafia I want to have this on record.
Etellex
Profile Joined April 2016
36 Posts
May 07 2016 20:58 GMT
#1084
I still think it's killing for the same reasons I have mentions previously.

##Vote: Killing
Etellex
Profile Joined April 2016
36 Posts
May 08 2016 00:03 GMT
#1106
My hunch was right, Palmer was trying to drag me down with him by making us look like scumteam. I suppose the counter to that argument would be that both we starting talking later in the game and he initiated the talking. Anyways, I understand that Marv is now town. Praise be to lord Marv.
Etellex
Profile Joined April 2016
36 Posts
May 08 2016 03:06 GMT
#1108
On May 08 2016 10:20 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2016 09:03 Etellex wrote:
My hunch was right, Palmer was trying to drag me down with him by making us look like scumteam. I suppose the counter to that argument would be that both we starting talking later in the game and he initiated the talking. Anyways, I understand that Marv is now town. Praise be to lord Marv.


I don't understand what you mean by the bolded.


I wanted to bring up and shoot down a point that could be made against me before it could snowball out of control. My argument against the scumteam is that I didn't initiate it so much as be baited by it. Looking at that post again I can see how it makes zero sense because no where did I say what I was countering. I was countering the idea that we were in a scumteam, not the idea that Palmar was trying to portray it as so.

TL;DR: Oops I did a typo
Etellex
Profile Joined April 2016
36 Posts
May 08 2016 18:05 GMT
#1115
On May 08 2016 12:45 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
Etellex, How was Palmar making it look like you were scum with him? By not voting you?



I think we can all agree that whether or not I actually am scum it was unreasonable for Palmar to trust me as much as he did.
Etellex
Profile Joined April 2016
36 Posts
May 09 2016 21:23 GMT
#1145
##Vote: Sandroba

Not much to discuss here.
Etellex
Profile Joined April 2016
36 Posts
May 10 2016 05:23 GMT
#1149
On May 10 2016 08:24 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
etellex, you should surrender!


What?
Etellex
Profile Joined April 2016
36 Posts
May 11 2016 22:47 GMT
#1292
Can someone explain how cop works? I've been searching around for like an hour and I can't find any info. kush said that "killing came back town which means nothing" and I have no idea what that means.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1026
ComeBackTV 853
SteadfastSC779
TaKeTV 544
IndyStarCraft 177
Rex156
EnkiAlexander 84
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 779
IndyStarCraft 177
Rex 156
ProTech130
BRAT_OK 12
MindelVK 6
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 46932
Bisu 2108
Horang2 1180
EffOrt 1001
Hyuk 631
Soma 606
BeSt 519
Shuttle 510
Mini 487
Light 428
[ Show more ]
Larva 348
ZerO 196
Rush 189
Leta 90
firebathero 82
Mong 76
Sea.KH 69
Snow 59
910 57
Pusan 53
Sexy 47
ToSsGirL 35
Aegong 28
Bale 26
JYJ 25
Trap 24
Terrorterran 22
Yoon 22
Shine 19
Liquid`Ret 18
Rock 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Sacsri 10
Dota 2
Gorgc7951
qojqva1310
Counter-Strike
Fnx 811
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1516
Khaldor1127
Lowko458
Other Games
singsing2005
hiko1272
Beastyqt551
B2W.Neo426
Livibee200
Hui .189
Liquid`VortiX140
XaKoH 135
ArmadaUGS115
KnowMe111
Mew2King81
QueenE76
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV195
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream92
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 11
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 30
• Gemini_19 11
• mYiSmile18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 36
• Michael_bg 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3757
Other Games
• Shiphtur270
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 47m
CranKy Ducklings
18h 47m
Online Event
19h 47m
FEL
1d
AI Arena Tournament
1d 1h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 3h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.