• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:12
CEST 08:12
KST 15:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8862 users

[M][N]A Wonderful Normal Game of Mafia - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
May 04 2016 01:50 GMT
#206
My no lynch list is unchanged (Kush, Shapelog, marv, Slam).

Not sure who I want to lynch just yet, but I'll know before I go to bed and vote that person or claim Kush sheep (eod is 7a for me).
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
May 04 2016 01:51 GMT
#207
I'll be back in a couple hours.
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
May 04 2016 04:52 GMT
#218
On May 04 2016 11:09 Fazers wrote:
Yeah I was just throwing it out there. I don't actually have any determination to make sure Killing gets lynched. However, why are the accusations not bold? He's making reads off such little information. He even admits he may sound like an idiot for not like a few posters on his list...it's baseless.

Activity and making reads though is definitely awesome on his part though!


Why were you throwing it out there? What exactly did you throw out? He was making noise? He had lots of accusations, he had BOLD accusation(s)? All of it?

He actually said his REASONS were what sounded idiotic not who he read.
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
May 04 2016 04:54 GMT
#219
On May 04 2016 13:44 Etellex wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2016 13:40 justanothertownie wrote:
On May 04 2016 13:37 Etellex wrote:
I'm not posting because I've been incompetent. I've not been sure what or when to post because I'm not familiar with this particular format of mafia.

What format are you familiar with then? Video?


I'm familiar with casualized forms of Mafia like Town of Salem where there's a lot less reading into what people say and more logic/evidence. I've been quiet because I'm at a loss for what to go off of for suspicion.


Well...guess you better start reading some of the guides that are stickied on this very forum.
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
May 04 2016 05:02 GMT
#220
On May 04 2016 12:42 justanothertownie wrote:
This could be the slowest game I ever played in. Maybe we should just lynch into the people who should but aren't posting without an excuse for it. Like Mig/thrawn/slam or the etellex guy.

If I feel any better later today then I won't be around for at least 3 hours leading to the deadline since it is wednesday and therefore pubquizday. Fortunately for you people I feel like shit right now.


I'd be down for Mig although he's on track for being mod killed.

Dr Thrawn would be my pick of the 4 you listed. I don't think he was buddying Kush at all, but he did not produce any content and had a great chance to and it would have been pretty easy to do.

Slam only because an obsolete metric I used was how much effort he placed in his fishing expeditions. When he was town he would fish till he got something. As mafia he well gave a couple casts and gave up. Kinda like here. But this is a year old at least and he constantly changes his play. Soooo....yeah.

Etellex...I don't even know.
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
May 04 2016 05:06 GMT
#221
I'd prefer we not lynch Slam though but part of that is also he's one of my favorite players.
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
May 04 2016 06:02 GMT
#234
Slam do you want anyone lynched? Or do you have a shortlist you'd be ok lynching?

Do you think anyone is town?

It sounded like Saitama was super intense effort. Maybe there is a happy medium somewhere.
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
May 04 2016 06:08 GMT
#238
I'll support this.

##Vote: Etellex
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
May 04 2016 06:16 GMT
#241
headed out for drinks and dinner. Will be back in a few hours. In the mean time:

Towns:

Kush
Shape
Slam
Marvish
Ricey
jat

If I were to pick who to lynch of the "actives" as it were I'd take time deciding between killing and Fazer. I didnt' really like their answers but they are actually closer to null than anything. You can probably infer what I didn't like about them by some of the questions I directed at them.

for the inactives I'd lynch in this orderish

Dr Thrawn
Etellex
Mig (modkill though?)
Palmar
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
May 04 2016 06:17 GMT
#243
On May 04 2016 15:08 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2016 15:02 Tubesock wrote:
Slam do you want anyone lynched? Or do you have a shortlist you'd be ok lynching?

Do you think anyone is town?

It sounded like Saitama was super intense effort. Maybe there is a happy medium somewhere.

Why make a list with so little info? I don't like lists in this scenario. Why open up ml opportunities for Mafia to plan around? I don't want them knowing my sentiment, and I can contribute in ways that don't inform them while informing the lot of us on specific players. Others can use this sort of contribution for PoE.

However I will confirm that Etellex is not the only person I currently suspect.


I posted that before I saw you're Etellex vote. I was unsure if you were actually goign to do anything. I'm happy with your last few posts.
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
May 04 2016 11:39 GMT
#256
To be fair, there isn't a single player in this game that has done anything that a mafia version of them couldn't do. Shape did 1 thing I thought was furthering town (pushed Fazer). I liked a couple of Ricer's posts. + Show Spoiler [2 posts I liked from Ricey] +
On May 04 2016 10:58 RiceyKins wrote:
I don't think bold accusations are inherently bad Fazers, but I disagree that Killing is being bold with his claims. If one of his reasons for suspecting me is saying sorry to Marv idk I find that rather weak actually and it's personal bias considering I was actually misunderstanding something and he cleared it up for me.

I also think going after Shape at this point is just plain bad. At first I thought Shape was a little too friendly with Kush and trying to parrot his opinions but after re-reading his filter that isn't really the case and I think he's made the best points out of any of us so far. So I dunno why out of everybody here he would put the two of us on a list together when honestly speaking we're on opposite ends in terms of contributions for town. That's somewhat strange.


On May 04 2016 11:26 RiceyKins wrote:
I think it's just that I don't find him convincing Fazers. Calls me out for being non-confrontational and then half-commits to Shape and myself by saying his theory is probably dumb and he didn't really want to go into detail. I agree with you that it's good that he's trying though but I obviously disagree with his targets


jat, so do you think Marv is town? I mean whatever you want to call it since you don't like giving away townreads. And by your disbelief should I infer you think Shape and/or Ricer is mafia?
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
May 04 2016 11:56 GMT
#274
I think this answers your question and also explains how he can relate.

On May 04 2016 15:04 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2016 14:30 justanothertownie wrote:
Rehearsed? lol
Do you really think if I was mafia with marv we would make such a stupid and completely unnecessary play? Why?

I never lie about rl stuff regardless of my alignment.


I think I agree that thrawn looks the worst from the list I gave based on solely on the fact that Mig didn't post at all while he was clearly around at some point. But saying "slam did more" is like saying homeopathic medicine does more than placebo pills.

This is epic

Bro-fist on the seeing through homeopathic stuff "lemonade will cure your cancer!" Lol. Riiiiiiiight so my cousin's UCLA grad level research in the matter is pointless because lemons. That literally insults her work.


Yet it is like my posting, I post half-ass jokes and that gets me a town pass? Isn't half the joke based on the fact that this usually happens? I have set the bar for myself so low that I can cruise through 90% of my games suspicion free.

So I find we are a bit too inactive here and will probably need to start voting video people to get them to start talking. Fear of talking is a factor, but when you are already up for lunch you have nothing to lose and start talking.

So let's do that. ##Vote: Etellex

Get my vote off you sir. Why aren't you just lurking scum? You can't get a read; fine. But nothing at all to say? Scum is a lot scarier then town, sir, so... New or not I am inclined to actually lean scum on you. Prove me wrong.

Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
May 04 2016 12:04 GMT
#283
I think you guys are being over dramatic about his scumming you. He said you're both nulls and thought the coincidence was strange.

I don't get why it matters if he knows your reputations or not.

He'd know you're both good players, maybe he doesn't know you enough to know you don't do crazy shit. You're good enough to do crazy shit though. And even then if he hasn't played in awhile then he woldn't know if you could do crazy shit or not.

Why is this such a big deal?
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
May 04 2016 12:06 GMT
#285
On May 04 2016 20:59 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2016 20:56 Tubesock wrote:
I think this answers your question and also explains how he can relate.

On May 04 2016 15:04 Alakaslam wrote:
On May 04 2016 14:30 justanothertownie wrote:
Rehearsed? lol
Do you really think if I was mafia with marv we would make such a stupid and completely unnecessary play? Why?

I never lie about rl stuff regardless of my alignment.


I think I agree that thrawn looks the worst from the list I gave based on solely on the fact that Mig didn't post at all while he was clearly around at some point. But saying "slam did more" is like saying homeopathic medicine does more than placebo pills.

This is epic

Bro-fist on the seeing through homeopathic stuff "lemonade will cure your cancer!" Lol. Riiiiiiiight so my cousin's UCLA grad level research in the matter is pointless because lemons. That literally insults her work.


Yet it is like my posting, I post half-ass jokes and that gets me a town pass? Isn't half the joke based on the fact that this usually happens? I have set the bar for myself so low that I can cruise through 90% of my games suspicion free.

So I find we are a bit too inactive here and will probably need to start voting video people to get them to start talking. Fear of talking is a factor, but when you are already up for lunch you have nothing to lose and start talking.

So let's do that. ##Vote: Etellex

Get my vote off you sir. Why aren't you just lurking scum? You can't get a read; fine. But nothing at all to say? Scum is a lot scarier then town, sir, so... New or not I am inclined to actually lean scum on you. Prove me wrong.


the problem is, when i have a similar feeling in response to Etellex's post (empathising, understanding how it could be the case) and yet Slam ends up voting for him while I'm leaning town.

So that's 2 different results from the same response to his post. Obviously a different response doesn't have to mean scum, but it definitely merits trying to figure out what and why.

I find your vote scummier than Slam's tbh. It's a weak follow.


My vote is mostly because it's getting close to deadline and I'm running out of time. Since I'm going to bed pretty soon and proabbly won't wake up till 30-45 minutes before deadline I'd like to help drive some content. Since no one seems to be playing.
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
May 04 2016 12:08 GMT
#287
I could have voted Palmar I guess but I believe his excuse and don't think it would make him play. Etellex might.
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
May 04 2016 12:19 GMT
#290
No marv. It's kinda simple to me. I can see someone seeing your entrance and being suspicious. I do think you'd have to think a little deeper about it to come to the conclusion that there is 0% chance mafia would do that. You can call Ricey scummy for not thinking deeply sure. To me he was a bit confused about what was going on and said something. And you guys are taking his comments as him meaning more than they do.
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
May 04 2016 12:20 GMT
#291
On May 04 2016 21:07 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2016 21:04 Tubesock wrote:
I think you guys are being over dramatic about his scumming you. He said you're both nulls and thought the coincidence was strange.

I don't get why it matters if he knows your reputations or not.

He'd know you're both good players, maybe he doesn't know you enough to know you don't do crazy shit. You're good enough to do crazy shit though. And even then if he hasn't played in awhile then he woldn't know if you could do crazy shit or not.

Why is this such a big deal?

Overall it is not that big of a deal but from the reads that habe been posted so far it is definitely one of the worst. Because it just doesn't check out. I don't see a town mindset or thought process behind it.


Do you see a mafia one?
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
May 04 2016 12:23 GMT
#294
On May 04 2016 21:23 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
ahhh player list doesn't link to filters...


scroll down a little to Rels post. He did.
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
May 04 2016 12:28 GMT
#296
Fair. I am ignoring his stuff about your entrances. I'll think more.
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
May 04 2016 13:04 GMT
#338
On May 04 2016 21:55 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2016 21:53 Killing wrote:
Marv, hope on the "isn't really great logical sense" train with me. We're gonna have a wild ride

i might rather kill tubesock though

but i don't know yet


Go ahead.

You've wasted how many pages talking about this thing that you already said you're not gunning for Ricey. You have not scum hunted at all. The one thing you did was ask about a question mark. Even that you said you thought he was town before and after.
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 182
ProTech129
Nina 95
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 238
Dewaltoss 116
Bale 37
ZergMaN 23
Noble 16
sSak 8
Icarus 8
NotJumperer 1
League of Legends
JimRising 713
Other Games
summit1g10859
Sick185
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick850
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 34
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2196
League of Legends
• Rush1189
• Lourlo1122
• Stunt237
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 48m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4h 48m
Monday Night Weeklies
9h 48m
Replay Cast
16h 48m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 4h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.