• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:56
CEST 15:56
KST 22:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7749 users

A normal game just for JAT <3 - Page 12

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 178 Next
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 15 2016 14:44 GMT
#221
Rels didn't lie. How boring.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
April 15 2016 14:46 GMT
#222
On April 15 2016 23:44 justanothertownie wrote:
Rels didn't lie. How boring.

What a revelation ^^
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 15 2016 14:47 GMT
#223
On April 15 2016 23:46 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2016 23:44 justanothertownie wrote:
Rels didn't lie. How boring.

What a revelation ^^

Ikr
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
April 15 2016 14:52 GMT
#224
I fucking hope JAS smurffails posting a super eloquent post and it's revealed to be like VA
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
April 15 2016 14:53 GMT
#225
On April 15 2016 23:31 Rels wrote:
Something like that.
Alright gumshoe can you expand on your GB's townread ? I think your "1 of the 4 people caring about the game" thing is bullshit because:
- it was so close to the start of the game, so if he's posting ofc he's going to be one of the only posters, regardless of his alignment
- he made only 1 serious post at that point, asking about your thoughts on him


when he asked Rsol if she was town, It looked like he was doing that purely based off Onegu's vote (who he was antagonistic towards with his her der post) I figured theres was something more going on there, wether that was a dynamic between rsoul or scum trying to open up against onegu, I asked Rsoul what she thought to figure that out.

She said it was something that he does most games they play, which means that even if Gb did it malevolently, there isnt much way to tell the two apart. Ergo, Gb is null at worst. Coupled with Rsoul saying this is the kind of thing Gb does as town, I trusted the opinion of someone more familiar with him, and as Rsoul's statement does not fluctuate according to her alignment (though I do townread her a bit off feel) I upticked Gb to green.

Also I'd like to contest three points of yours.

1:
it was so close to the start of the game, so if he's posting ofc he's going to be one of the only posters,


To the people present, the game did indeed feel quite dead

Well, normally I just talk in one :/ not translate back and forth. Quiet thread is quiet.


Nothing overly notable has happened, imo.


so even if not much time had actually passed, the perception was that things were going slow. To actively engage when things are fairly dead usually feels townie to me, though as I said, it's not something I'm overly confident about.

For contrast, Palmer who I currently scum read a smidge,

##vote rsoultin


casually jumped in to enforce shit posting (thereby acknowledging it's existence) and then left without trying to change the situation. Does that outright make Palmer scum? No, but in contrast Gb looks far better for his attempts at dialogue.

2: Every post is a serious post, attempts at breaking the ice come paired with mood, which is always readable. Or at least thats what I believe, so at the time of reading of Gb, I regarded all his posts with weight, not just the one where he questions me.

3: You claim day 1 is easy, well I frankly disagree, for me it's almost always a nightmare that usually ends with me actually hitting the ground. Also, your currently coming after me, which means it cant be that easy for you ethier / :
gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
April 15 2016 14:55 GMT
#226
He might be town. He had this idea of Palmar being suspicious for X, I & others tell him X is NAI, he is like "OK" but still wants to defend his idea:
On April 15 2016 22:51 JustAnotherScummer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2016 22:45 justanothertownie wrote:
On April 15 2016 22:39 JustAnotherScummer wrote:
On April 15 2016 22:31 GlowingBear wrote:
Are you slam?

Sadly no, however, perhaps we share a secret bondage of blood and DNA.
Hmmm, Do i smell with nose?
On April 15 2016 22:31 justanothertownie wrote:
On April 15 2016 22:28 JustAnotherScummer wrote:
Also, pulling shit out of his ass with the random percent.

Since when have the most splendid of players decided to just randomly do that? Perhaps I have missed a cultural change on Teamlqiuid, since I last played.

So when DID you last play? Because I have been playing for a few years now and this is typical Palmar.
Can you explain why you think doing that is scunmy in general?


I think it was a year ago or so. I forget which game in particular (Or i might just be saying that, to avoid giving my identity out, wittiness protection program and all that), but he was active and trying to find things out. And then as scum he was lazying his way though the game.

As for why I think that is scummy, it mostly has to do with the time stamps (almost 7 hours). I feel like he could of already have a comment on something, yet he does not. It appears almost that he is masking his existence by those posts, Much as I am masking my identity behind this smurf.

Don't you think what he did was kinda blatant? So if he is trying to mask anything he is doing a pretty poor job at it.

Minus being noticed by the other chaps before I commented on it. Sometimes, the most obvious of masks, are simply a common idea, of a which the person wearing the mask thinks of. But I am slowly turning into my cousin V, so i digress from the mask talk.

It's a townie process. He could be a strong scum and fake it but it's town indicative.
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
April 15 2016 14:55 GMT
#227
I got time for one more post before I go

I kinda town read Obi

Nothing overly notable has happened, imo.


Well, that's not 100% true. I have two or three tenative townreads atm - you and Gb, possibly Palmar if I'm feeling generous.

I feel like scum would be less likely to double back like that, it's the kind of mistake scum would be on guard not to make / :

be back in like 4 hours, glhf
gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 15 2016 14:55 GMT
#228
On April 15 2016 23:52 Rels wrote:
I fucking hope JAS smurffails posting a super eloquent post and it's revealed to be like VA

lol, no way
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 15 2016 14:57 GMT
#229
On April 15 2016 23:55 Rels wrote:
He might be town. He had this idea of Palmar being suspicious for X, I & others tell him X is NAI, he is like "OK" but still wants to defend his idea:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2016 22:51 JustAnotherScummer wrote:
On April 15 2016 22:45 justanothertownie wrote:
On April 15 2016 22:39 JustAnotherScummer wrote:
On April 15 2016 22:31 GlowingBear wrote:
Are you slam?

Sadly no, however, perhaps we share a secret bondage of blood and DNA.
Hmmm, Do i smell with nose?
On April 15 2016 22:31 justanothertownie wrote:
On April 15 2016 22:28 JustAnotherScummer wrote:
Also, pulling shit out of his ass with the random percent.

Since when have the most splendid of players decided to just randomly do that? Perhaps I have missed a cultural change on Teamlqiuid, since I last played.

So when DID you last play? Because I have been playing for a few years now and this is typical Palmar.
Can you explain why you think doing that is scunmy in general?


I think it was a year ago or so. I forget which game in particular (Or i might just be saying that, to avoid giving my identity out, wittiness protection program and all that), but he was active and trying to find things out. And then as scum he was lazying his way though the game.

As for why I think that is scummy, it mostly has to do with the time stamps (almost 7 hours). I feel like he could of already have a comment on something, yet he does not. It appears almost that he is masking his existence by those posts, Much as I am masking my identity behind this smurf.

Don't you think what he did was kinda blatant? So if he is trying to mask anything he is doing a pretty poor job at it.

Minus being noticed by the other chaps before I commented on it. Sometimes, the most obvious of masks, are simply a common idea, of a which the person wearing the mask thinks of. But I am slowly turning into my cousin V, so i digress from the mask talk.

It's a townie process. He could be a strong scum and fake it but it's town indicative.

No, it is really not.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 15 2016 14:59 GMT
#230
Mafia instinctively defend their points to not look like they are making up bullshit.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
April 15 2016 15:00 GMT
#231
Gumshoe, why did you do that analysis on ONEGU?
I'm adorable.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
April 15 2016 15:02 GMT
#232
On April 15 2016 23:53 gumshoe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2016 23:31 Rels wrote:
Something like that.
Alright gumshoe can you expand on your GB's townread ? I think your "1 of the 4 people caring about the game" thing is bullshit because:
- it was so close to the start of the game, so if he's posting ofc he's going to be one of the only posters, regardless of his alignment
- he made only 1 serious post at that point, asking about your thoughts on him


when he asked Rsol if she was town, It looked like he was doing that purely based off Onegu's vote (who he was antagonistic towards with his her der post) I figured theres was something more going on there, wether that was a dynamic between rsoul or scum trying to open up against onegu, I asked Rsoul what she thought to figure that out.

She said it was something that he does most games they play, which means that even if Gb did it malevolently, there isnt much way to tell the two apart. Ergo, Gb is null at worst. Coupled with Rsoul saying this is the kind of thing Gb does as town, I trusted the opinion of someone more familiar with him, and as Rsoul's statement does not fluctuate according to her alignment (though I do townread her a bit off feel) I upticked Gb to green.

Also I'd like to contest three points of yours.

1:
Show nested quote +
it was so close to the start of the game, so if he's posting ofc he's going to be one of the only posters,


To the people present, the game did indeed feel quite dead

Show nested quote +
Well, normally I just talk in one :/ not translate back and forth. Quiet thread is quiet.


Show nested quote +
Nothing overly notable has happened, imo.


so even if not much time had actually passed, the perception was that things were going slow. To actively engage when things are fairly dead usually feels townie to me, though as I said, it's not something I'm overly confident about.

For contrast, Palmer who I currently scum read a smidge,

Show nested quote +
##vote rsoultin


casually jumped in to enforce shit posting (thereby acknowledging it's existence) and then left without trying to change the situation. Does that outright make Palmer scum? No, but in contrast Gb looks far better for his attempts at dialogue.

2: Every post is a serious post, attempts at breaking the ice come paired with mood, which is always readable. Or at least thats what I believe, so at the time of reading of Gb, I regarded all his posts with weight, not just the one where he questions me.

3: You claim day 1 is easy, well I frankly disagree, for me it's almost always a nightmare that usually ends with me actually hitting the ground. Also, your currently coming after me, which means it cant be that easy for you ethier / :

D1 is not easy for me, JAS said that.
OK on your GB townread, I suppose it can be logical. Will check if you can replicate your town game as scum though.
If you scumread Palmar, what do you think of several people posting in thread that Palmar can do this as town ?
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
April 15 2016 15:04 GMT
#233
On April 15 2016 23:59 justanothertownie wrote:
Mafia instinctively defend their points to not look like they are making up bullshit.

OK that could also be the case actually.
JustAnotherScummer
Profile Joined March 2016
165 Posts
April 15 2016 15:06 GMT
#234
On April 15 2016 23:07 gumshoe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2016 22:16 JustAnotherScummer wrote:
On April 15 2016 22:01 gumshoe wrote:
On April 15 2016 19:09 Rels wrote:
I missed this one actually:
On April 15 2016 08:08 gumshoe wrote:
Unless theres some outside factor at play (something happy in his life offsetting the tension of rolling scum, or hes pushing himself a bit to be bold) I think Onegu is town based off tone / :



On April 15 2016 11:17 gumshoe wrote:
[...]
Tentatively in the green / :

What is the deal with the smileys ? They don't make sense. Why are you not happy while finding townreads ?


They are not smileys,theyre shrugs meant to make it clear that Ultimatly I have no clue what onegu or gb or anyone for that matter day 1 are currently, as no real evidence has cropped up and I can see every reaction so far coming from town or scum, but am tentatively ruling them as town based off feel and lack of apparent malevolent intent. But Ultimatly, unless someone actually fucks up, I am liable to be wrong. TLDR the Shrug = the akndoledgment that the universe is a vast unknowable place, as well one cannot ever truly know someone face to face let alone over a forum where everyone prides themselves on lying, and lastly that day 1 mafia is hard.

But at least, Day 1 mafia is not the hardest day, in my opinion. Moreover, Day 1 is usually the best time, to linen you rod with bait and go scum fishing! They are the most slippery of these days, especially this season, as it seems.

But onto the real point to be had.

You say you have no clue upon which alignment was bestowed upon the other players, Sir Onegu/Glowingbear, yet early on, all you seem to be doing was establishing connections, like any player should do. However, this seems contradiction, when you describe the usage and the meaning of the :/.

Therefore, my question to you is simple yet complex. Currently, anyone, who demonstrates a appeal of safety and happiness, gets you love. Yet you are ready to jump when a persons slips up. Nor are you confident in even the love you give.

So my question is: What are your reads? The ones you feel confident in? And how would you jump on someone who has "fucked up"?


reads I am usually confident with come from 1: players who I have played many games with and am familiar with, example, I usually have a really good read on rayn and am able to acertain his loyalty pretty fast (the game before the last one I played I was convinced he was town accordingly with his outbursts while many were certain he was scum)

or 2: players who as the days go on seems pretty clearly town via thier voting patterns and thier actions ( again, the game before my last one is a good example, though cant remember the name, in that game there were several voting patterns that seemed silly coming from scum)

Currently neither of these 2 are present, so any town read I give is tentative. Furthermore, even if a player fits one of the criteria, I have still been dead wrong in the past (bh in that very same game) the difference is that scum have to play a really good or confusing game to meet my criteria, which is why I generally count it as reliable.

As for what I'd jump on, In the last game I played (the one we were just in, you know where I got shot for reading too much into stuff early) Kurumi (who was scum) accused me and someone who was already accusing me(sick I think) pretty much in the same post. This indicated that he was not trying to create a picture of associations in his head, but rather attacking whatever weakness he saw in order to look productive.

This is the kind of contradiction I would jump on day 1, the kind of contradiction that isn't currently present / :


Ah, the meta induced read. Yes, I know that well. Probably why in every game I played to date, I would get suspected due to this special behavior I am presented.

another understandable point.

The reason I ask, is because that everyone treats early reads differently. Some are more meta based and soul reads, then others, who based their glee and suspension on what has been said.

I am sad that I do not know what game you are talking about. I check the data base, run by Mr. Kitaman27, and look at it when I get free time.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
April 15 2016 15:07 GMT
#235
wow apparently gumshoe is an easy read 'cause he never succeded to pass the 4 pages filter mark as scum ^^
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
April 15 2016 15:11 GMT
#236
On April 15 2016 23:44 Rels wrote:
rsoul who would you lynch if the deadline was right now ?


+ Show Spoiler +
No tengo ningun idea lol >< Tengo unos jugadores a quienes no me gusta matar pero eso es todo.
-gum
-rels
-gb (la obsesión con algo que gum ya ha explicado es meh pero en balance...)


No clue lol >< I have a few players who I don't want to lynch but that's all.
-gum
-rels
-gb (his obsession with something that gum's already explained is meh but on balance...)
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
April 15 2016 15:13 GMT
#237
On April 16 2016 00:11 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2016 23:44 Rels wrote:
rsoul who would you lynch if the deadline was right now ?


+ Show Spoiler +
No tengo ningun idea lol >< Tengo unos jugadores a quienes no me gusta matar pero eso es todo.
-gum
-rels
-gb (la obsesión con algo que gum ya ha explicado es meh pero en balance...)


No clue lol >< I have a few players who I don't want to lynch but that's all.
-gum
-rels
-gb (his obsession with something that gum's already explained is meh but on balance...)

good answer. It's not possible to name someone that is likely to flip scum right now
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
April 15 2016 15:16 GMT
#238
I really hope Tumble & Fazers start posting soon if they are town. They are 100% the lynch atm. They had to confirm so they should be aware the game have started.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
April 15 2016 15:21 GMT
#239
I'm on page 10 but jat is town and rsoultin is mafia and I think we should murder her.
Computer says mafia
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 15 2016 15:23 GMT
#240
Not even terribly opposed to that tbh.

Would even policy lynch her for the continued spanish thing.
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 178 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1548
WardiTV879
OGKoka 244
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 257
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 8348
Bisu 2175
Shuttle 1439
Jaedong 1398
Horang2 733
BeSt 536
EffOrt 486
Larva 364
Stork 328
actioN 307
[ Show more ]
Mini 243
Mind 138
910 109
Barracks 103
Zeus 99
Mong 68
Snow 68
Sea.KH 60
hero 43
ToSsGirL 37
Shinee 34
Bale 29
Free 28
Killer 27
Sexy 27
soO 27
sorry 27
Aegong 23
JYJ 23
Yoon 22
Shine 20
HiyA 19
scan(afreeca) 15
Sacsri 9
zelot 8
Icarus 6
Noble 5
Terrorterran 4
Dota 2
Gorgc4998
qojqva2166
Dendi1005
febbydoto38
Counter-Strike
fl0m1950
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko458
Other Games
singsing2814
olofmeister1170
hiko984
B2W.Neo745
Livibee490
crisheroes354
XBOCT261
XaKoH 233
Hui .214
Pyrionflax191
Liquid`VortiX168
QueenE51
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 29
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2450
• Jankos2308
Other Games
• WagamamaTV175
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
2h 4m
Replay Cast
9h 4m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 4m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
21h 4m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.