• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:50
CEST 02:50
KST 09:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10539 users

Noir Mini Mafia: Chapter 4 - Page 16

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 77 Next
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
March 09 2016 00:09 GMT
#301
Yamato i know you really love me and try to impress me by being obnoxious in every game but you should try just being nice, it works better. It might stop me from crossing the atlantic and coming to texas in my tiger II tank I have hidden in my basement.
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
March 09 2016 00:19 GMT
#302
Vivax paced about the room. He kicked a box of old papers and then looked up. "Tumblewood," he said,
On March 09 2016 08:59 Vivax wrote:
do you think geript is mafia for not really having a reason to TR you?

I would have appealed to those questions, but there were no judges, only a jury. I had to settle this myself. "I never said geript didn't have a reason. He never gave one, though; that is true. And, no, I have no reason to believe geript is lying to us."
Vivax scoffed. I couldn't see his face, but I was quite sure he rolled his eyes a little.
On March 09 2016 08:59 Vivax wrote:
Would you even care if we lynched you?

Rhetorical or not, I felt I had to answer. "Of course I ca--"
"That's enough!"
I felt that Vivax had evaded me last time I asked him, so I went on the offensive. "Vivax, why did you feel my position on geript's favorable view toward me would help us? And, furthermore," I asked, "what was the purpose of acting whether I cared about my own death?" Perhaps Vivax was hiding something from me.
good times for all
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
March 09 2016 00:24 GMT
#303
Looks like you have bigger issues, my Austrian friend.
Writer@WriterYamato
nnn_thekushmountains
Profile Joined February 2016
1501 Posts
March 09 2016 00:43 GMT
#304
I always thought Vivax was Italian for some reason.
nnn_thekushmountains
Profile Joined February 2016
1501 Posts
March 09 2016 00:51 GMT
#305
On March 09 2016 08:19 Tumblewood wrote:
Koshi is town 100% (okay, 90%) for his big post on yamato. If mafia were trying to get into the thread with a big read, yamato was a poor target at that point for having done little of note. Koshi showed that he was really examining the thread.
Also, his post immediately after that corrected something he said was made with the intent of informing town-- mafia would just leave it because most people would just ignore it or miss it entirely.


Still want to lynch Tumble.
Why are mafia less likely to attack targets that have "done little of note"?
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
March 09 2016 01:18 GMT
#306
I wanted to know how much tumble actually cares about the game cause it's easier for me to think him town if I assume he doesn't care much. Is he another hopeless1der or doesn't he care to do much cause he's scum? That was pretty much the thought.

And kush, I have 2 citizenships
nnn_thekushmountains
Profile Joined February 2016
1501 Posts
March 09 2016 01:41 GMT
#307
Vivax what does it matter if he cares or not. Scummy stuff is coming out of his mouth regardless.
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
March 09 2016 01:45 GMT
#308
On March 09 2016 09:51 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2016 08:19 Tumblewood wrote:
Koshi is town 100% (okay, 90%) for his big post on yamato. If mafia were trying to get into the thread with a big read, yamato was a poor target at that point for having done little of note. Koshi showed that he was really examining the thread.
Also, his post immediately after that corrected something he said was made with the intent of informing town-- mafia would just leave it because most people would just ignore it or miss it entirely.


Still want to lynch Tumble.
Why are mafia less likely to attack targets that have "done little of note"?

Because there's no obvious point of attack. Mafia tend to attack people who stand out, and at that point yamato very much blended in.
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
March 09 2016 02:13 GMT
#309
And Vivax, why would I be more likely to be town if I cared less?
good times for all
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
March 09 2016 02:58 GMT
#310
On March 09 2016 11:13 Tumblewood wrote:
And Vivax, why would I be more likely to be town if I cared less?


cause there are people who don't care about the game as either alignment and those who care more as town than as mafia.

Since I'm assuming your care factor is rather low based on your posts I wanted to know which type you belong to
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
March 09 2016 04:45 GMT
#311
And I still don't feel like I got a proper response to "Why did you care about how I feel about geript's read on me?"
Also, I suggest you not get caught up in my filter length for "care factor" (not that I think that's a good basis for a read) because this game is about average in terms of filter production so far-- my longest was about 85 posts over 2 weeks.
good times for all
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
March 09 2016 05:37 GMT
#312
Vote Count - Day 1


Tumblewood (2): Vivax, nnn_thekushmountains, Rels
Alakaslam (1): geript
yamato77 (1): Koshi
geript (0): Alakaslam

Not Voting (5): Tumblewood, Shapelog, yamato77, Alakaslam, Vivax

At this time, no one is slated to be lynched. With 9 players, 5 are needed to lynch.
The next check will occur on 23:00 GMT (+00:00).
Town must find the mafia before on 23:00 GMT (+00:00)

The voting thread is here.
Only votes there will be counted.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
March 09 2016 06:02 GMT
#313
On March 08 2016 22:58 Vivax wrote:
geripts read on slam is too high for me to understand, or maybe just too contrived, but Ill sheep it if i dont nail a mafia myself before that, cuz it sounds like gerupt really believes dat stuff.

waiting for koshi to post from his uncomfortable last position

On March 09 2016 03:36 Vivax wrote:
i was hoping geript would take interest into my post about slam as that was the point where he could have gone "yes, yes! Lynch slam with me now" which would have been in line with the tryhard tone of the rest of his posts.

But let's see

I saw this in rereading and this is really, really fucking off. There's literally zero reason with Vivax's first post for me or anyone else to think that Vivax is happy about a Slam lynch. Hell, at best it's exceptionally limited and tacit approval of slam lynch.

On March 09 2016 03:33 Vivax wrote:
lol koshi is so town, cute

This also is bullshit. Koshi is more than capable of posting everything he has as scum.

On March 09 2016 03:38 Vivax wrote:
here's a vote with secret reasons (for now):

##Vote tumblewood

This is even more bullshit. There's not a single read or point or anything here.

Literally the only thing Vivax has done this whole game is dance outside of issues. He's posted a worthless reads post with no reasoning whatsoever. He prods people and gets them to focus on lots of little bullshit things which are irrelevant. He's asking questions of other people and somehow never gives a real opinion on anyone. It's working on 48 hours and literally all he's doing is leading people around by the nose.

If you guys aren't going to lynch SLam, then Vivax is clearly the next best option.
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
March 09 2016 06:11 GMT
#314
I'm going to sleep in half an hour. If you want to say something, say it now or for eight hours hold your peace.
good times for all
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
March 09 2016 06:12 GMT
#315
On March 09 2016 07:41 Alakaslam wrote:
So koshi, Rels, tumble wood likely towns

That leaves a lot of people.

I think Kush is probably town, and Yamato

That leaves less people but still a lot.

Can those I mentioned please talk about who looks scummy outside these? (As in, not Yamato, Koshi)

I am having a hard time keeping tabs on this as I am about to pick up my pupil from school

Someone brought it up, but people seem to have missed it. Slam has 5 townreads on this post; when he adds himself that's only 3 people available to lynch left. There's 9 players and 2 mafia; there's literally zero reason to care who's the town in the last 3 as you can just lynch them with impugnity and win game. Like it's not even that hard.

On top of that, Slam hasn't trolled at all since his return. There's no real fun-seeking behavior. There's no jolly to him. The closes thing is a token HIJOLE. There's no weaving of wanting to have fun between thoughts.

On March 09 2016 05:22 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2016 16:18 geript wrote:
On March 08 2016 16:16 yamato77 wrote:
I want to lynch Vivax.

Unsurprisingly.

He might be town. Unlike Slam.

This is cute and such old meta. Go read Saitamaofonepunch and catch up for the chupazic way.

And check that game where I was exactly like this and Marv lynches me and rayn goes apeshit because he thinks I was purposely trying to break my meta instead of busy with tutoring

Regarding this, for further reference and proof of my godread, there was a game a while ago (I lose track since I play so infrequently now) that in post game or obs (i forget which) which I correctly read Slam as town despite him getting lynched. Rayn and I even talked about why in post game. Slam has slowly had changing meta for a while now (years really I think at this point), but the cores to it are the same. There's been a game or two that I've done analysis for I'm pretty sure that I've pointed this out. You're more than welcome to read them (the games, the analysis, whatever). I have a god read on Slam. He is scum. If you want to win, just lynch slam.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
March 09 2016 06:21 GMT
#316
On March 09 2016 05:30 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2016 03:01 geript wrote:
On March 09 2016 02:46 Koshi wrote:
My point with above post is that for how good the post by yamato on Vivax was, he doesn't want to convince geript that Vivax is mafia.

That's an interesting point.

I was talking to Vivax.

Geript you were obviously not interested in discussing Vivax, i had already brought him up and you dismissed it.

I asked you more about what you did want to talk about, which was Slam. And it got you to post something reasonably Townie. Mission accomplished.


Interesting =/= good. I found it interesting and wanted more people to talk about something I wanted to mull over more.
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
March 09 2016 06:23 GMT
#317
My preferred lynch order is Vivax (for asking questions that do not help to solve the game) --> Slam (idk, sheeping geript on this), and unless either has a defense, good night.
good times for all
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
March 09 2016 06:26 GMT
#318
On March 09 2016 05:58 Shapelog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2016 03:42 geript wrote:
Vivax probably scum #2 cba to look more now. Work.

Show nested quote +
On March 09 2016 03:55 geript wrote:
On March 09 2016 03:49 Shapelog wrote:
On March 09 2016 03:46 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
On March 09 2016 03:38 Vivax wrote:
here's a vote with secret reasons (for now):

##Vote tumblewood


i can sheep this. I would say the reasons are just obvious rather than secret.

Is it This:
On March 09 2016 00:26 Tumblewood wrote:
Also geript town for persistently pushing a read that wasn't gaining much traction.

Plus This:
On March 09 2016 02:22 geript wrote:
Tumbleweed has said like 3 things all of which I liked. Anyone who wants to lynch him is scum.

=
easy town reads shared bewtenn the two of them. Vivax thinks Gerpit might be off, and after seeing this thinks Tumble and Gerpit are a mafia team.

Did I get it right?

I think I just contracted cancer.

Cba to look into vivax. But has the time to call the reason why vivax is sus. of him (which he did not know because IIRC he posted b/4 vivax) Cancer. But also then Cba to answer what ever the fuck Vivax was f5ing for.

Weird.

No weird. If you think someone is scum, you lynch them. What's weird is lynching a proxy as a test for lynching someone you think is scum. That read and reasoning is literally the worst thing I've read in Mafia since HtS's brother's mathematical scum hunting method thing.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
March 09 2016 06:28 GMT
#319
On March 09 2016 06:10 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2016 06:06 Shapelog wrote:
On March 09 2016 06:02 Rels wrote:
On March 09 2016 02:22 geript wrote:
Tumbleweed has said like 3 things all of which I liked. Anyone who wants to lynch him is scum.

???
+ Show Spoiler +

On March 08 2016 15:15 Tumblewood wrote:
I feel like Shape's been kinda backed into a corner by kush, or at least he feels that way. How it went down:
Kush flashed his badge at Shapelog. It read, "Private Investigator: Kush Mountains". "What do you know about the mafia?" he inquired.
Shape didn't have much to say; he'd only been there twenty minutes, and he'd only seen three other people in his time. He thought of the most informative thing he had to say, which was
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2016 08:17 Shapelog wrote:
On March 08 2016 08:13 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
What does your science tell you so far, Shape?

A few things,
Vivax reported in yet has not done much. A course this is 15 mins into the game.
And I have a experiment about the Time kushs will live in this game compared to their ban time. At every vote count, I shall note how long this subject lasts until if one VC kills him. Then time the time it takes for his ban to run out.

It is a very scientific research i assure you.

If this is your opinion of scum then you should read Vivax filter.
It wasn't much, and they both knew it. Kush followed up with some leading questions.
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2016 08:39 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
Shape it's just that you said that he would most likely do that as scum. He didn't do that. So logically wouldn't that make him most likely town?

Of course, there was no other way for Shape to answer but in the affirmative. They both knew that anyone could be a killer, and there was no sense in thinking someone good-willed from just one clue.
Basically, Shape made an observation on virtually the only (little) information he had, and kush drew the conclusion from it and coerced him into making his own conclusion, which was "that's not enough" and labeled backtracking. It's not concerning to me.

On March 09 2016 00:22 Tumblewood wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2016 19:47 Rels wrote:
Tumble what do you think of kush ?

I liked how he drew a decent conclusion from Shape's observation. It shows that his question wasn't just a token "look at me participating" question.
It was, what, his first post? so I'm not putting him into either category yet.

On March 09 2016 00:26 Tumblewood wrote:
Also geript town for persistently pushing a read that wasn't gaining much traction.



Two townreads on kush + you and a non-scumread on Shape.
How the fuck do you townread him ?

Idk about Gerpit, but this is why i weakly town lean him (note that i have played with him 4x's now.)
On March 09 2016 02:42 Shapelog wrote:
This is what, my 4th game with tumble (4/4 of his games played here.) Last game I jumped to quickly to TR him because of his reads and i did not catch how weak they really are. He has changed his scum game slightly with that last game.

However, nothing so far is rasieng red flags from Tumble. If he was scum, he would have more to profit from letting me and kush continue than posting #130. I doubt also that Tumble stuck his neck out just to buddy me.

On March 09 2016 02:44 Shapelog wrote:
Basically I am ok (ish) giving tumble a slight (slight) town lean right now. Also he could of pressed Kush about the situation (as he seemed to take my side? Or atleast that is how it came off as.) and prob. could get away with sus. on kush with it following his read progression.

It's a start.


Not scumreading a townie when the occasion is there is never a proof someone is no scum. I've made that mistake before. Scum will defend town with no problem. Actually, scum prefer to not call anyone scum and be friend with everyone and don't care about the lynch.

geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
March 09 2016 06:33 GMT
#320
On March 09 2016 06:32 Rels wrote:
geript answer this please:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2016 05:42 Rels wrote:
On March 09 2016 02:02 geript wrote:
On March 08 2016 19:50 Rels wrote:
On March 08 2016 17:12 geript wrote:
So basically when Slam is town, he has no clue what he's doing. He tries to have fun while doing something. He tries to play for his fun and others. He tries to get in on jokes. When he breaks to make a serious point, his thoughts meander. It's like he's posting high and there's the roundabout thought hidden between the jokes. When he's mafia, he tries to mimic that shit entirely. But instead of getting the meandering around, it's broken up separately. He focuses mostly on doing on thing at a time instead of just letting him his thoughts lead him wherever his mind goes.

So therefore between him not trolling (aka playing to have fun) and not trolling wrong (consistency between points of posts), he's scum.

I think geript is town. I like how he is convinced he found scum and is pushing for him.
geript, how I read Slam is looking at if he's hiding behind his trolling to not do anything. I would like your take in his play in outlaw.

Slam smurfing is a bit different. It kinda depends on how interested he is in not being found out and how long that interest lasts.

Why are you talking to me about Slam smurfing here ? Do you think he smurfed in Outlaw ? Cause that is not the case. Did you open the link I posted just before the post you quoted here ?

Probably a misquote of something. Especially as that's been a topic earlier. In regards to your earlier thing about how my meta read should have changed or whatever... No. Meta reads don't change based on what random schmucks say. I've read/watched enough games and been current with Slam. I don't need to update. The meta hasn't changed; how he expresses is slightly different and that's been covered.
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 77 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
davetesta43
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ByuN 199
CosmosSc2 53
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1900
GuemChi 1271
Artosis 658
910 41
MaD[AoV]19
Bale 16
Dota 2
monkeys_forever303
League of Legends
JimRising 790
Counter-Strike
taco 215
minikerr8
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox650
Other Games
summit1g8672
Day[9].tv705
shahzam619
C9.Mang0317
Trikslyr47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick580
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream17
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1410
• Hinosc 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur709
• Day9tv705
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
15h 10m
The PondCast
1d 9h
INu's Battles
1d 10h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 21h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.