• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:07
CEST 22:07
KST 05:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8742 users

Team Melee Mini Mafia VI: Newbies and Vets - Page 7

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 All
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
March 04 2016 00:49 GMT
#1674
Qod's reaction to his team being cased = Dumbtell bumbtell dumbtell

Any of the things he dumbtelled about could have easily been found out if he wanted to do any work to help town.

Such scum...

Could prob run for president and do really well though.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
March 04 2016 00:53 GMT
#1677
I mean you could try to actually find scum if you are town.

Everyone wants to win, and right now you are failing as either alignment.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
March 04 2016 00:57 GMT
#1679
On March 04 2016 09:54 qob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2016 09:53 Tictock wrote:
I mean you could try to actually find scum if you are town.

Everyone wants to win, and right now you are failing as either alignment.

Funny for you to say, seeing as you've accomplished fuck all the whole game. I've given my reads.

And, to be honest, its nothing more than PoE at this point. I scum-hunted when it actually mattered, while you were off doing some other stuff.


[image loading]
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
March 06 2016 01:03 GMT
#1813
not surprised with that snooze fest of an EoD

sorry/not sorry I went crazy on Sandroba. At least that was better than afking for 20 hours and give mafia an easy win
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
March 06 2016 01:37 GMT
#1819
On March 06 2016 10:11 Fecalfeast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2016 10:03 Tictock wrote:
not surprised with that snooze fest of an EoD

sorry/not sorry I went crazy on Sandroba. At least that was better than afking for 20 hours and give mafia an easy win

I tried to get something going with my shitty vca but nobody seemed to care


I thought you did pretty good with that actually. Even if there wasn't the fact that Damdred/Cow both pushed you pretty hard I would have townread you based on that.

Funny to me that everyone correctly ignored my tinfoil theory about Sandroba bussing Damdred all game, but you guys then just assumed that Damdred/Cow bussed his teammate after claiming >.<

But w/e, this game was wreaked by shitty situations so I'm just gunna try to forget it happened for the most part.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
March 06 2016 01:39 GMT
#1821
On March 06 2016 10:30 Felkyr wrote:
Gg

Sorry for being afk today, had some unexpected issues coming up... Sad we've lost.


Dude you're play this game was really good.

I was not kidding that you alone made Team Koshi unlynchable and obv town.

Not that Koshi wasn't pretty clearly town either...
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-06 01:49:58
March 06 2016 01:47 GMT
#1823
On March 06 2016 10:39 sandroba wrote:
I have only one complain/salty remark. Mafia got modkilled and the day ended, but a townie got modkilled but the night went on and mafia still had the chance to kill someone. In the end it cost town one mislynch that would probably have given town the victory.


I would argue that both modkills benefited mafia heavily.

Damdred's was ok, but it did remove almost a full 48 hours for town to process the game. Kush's was the modkill that really cost town though, we lost an full extra phase, lynch, and an additional flip for info.

I mean it was totally possible town pulled it off, and if my situation had been different D1 and could CC not at the last minuet town would have had this game in the bag.

Also both scum were pretty heavily scumread D1, so yea... pretty hard not to feel like Town got robbed on this one.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
March 06 2016 12:51 GMT
#1841
On March 06 2016 20:15 Rels wrote:
Town played super badly and deserved to lose.
Scum played super badly and deserved to lose.
Host made a mistake that decided the game.
Overall a pretty bad game. But I liked the setup concept, it was super cool.


I have some mixed feelings tbh, but after thinking about it some I think this should be a more regular newbie setup.

Cons:
- Promotes laying back and being carried by an experienced player
- Is an unusual setup that might be extra confusing
- 18 player D1 can get crazy and might be imposing

Pros:
- A different and more involved approach to coaching
- less imposing to jump in knowing you have an experienced player on your team
- Time management offsets, RL issues, being unprepared for time commitment, are all mitigated by having a teammate
- Big game feel, with a small game timeframe (3-4 Phases max, with a nearly 20 player start)

I can actually kinda see this setup being a touch townfavored, due to multiple players representing a slot (more chances for town to look town, more chances for scum to slip up) especially when the setup calls for teams of newbie/veteren. Perhaps some weaker town roles or even an all vanilla setup would be more appropriate.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
March 07 2016 02:10 GMT
#1855
Clearly Shit tier... have I ever claimed to be good?

+ Show Spoiler +
Yea I should have known that Damdred was mafia from his switch to Rels after he claimed. It's definitely possible that town fake-claims in a setup like this, but moving onto such a bad lynch for such bad reasons after that? I sorta knew, but I WIFOM myself out of it thinking about things from a pure numbers standpoint.

I stand by the rest of my play. It's easy to say it was the correct move to CC right at EoD in retrospect, but when you are in the moment, with time ticking away scrambling to catch-up and asses the situation it's not so simple.


I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
March 07 2016 10:00 GMT
#1863
On March 07 2016 12:20 Damdred wrote:
It wouldn't of mattered I was dead that day anyway, also tt thought he could offensively jail me.... Turns out nobody read op because I didn't know ko was factional haha.


I thought this at first, but Kita did mention in my QT with Queen that KP was factional so our jail only really was effective as a medic save.

And yes JAT, I was factoring in the fact that damdred CC'd me as blue when he was town not that long ago.

I get where you guys are coming from, but IMO you are looking at worlds of "should be" (a fakeclaim should be mafia) whereas I tend to look at worlds of "what if" (what if town fakeclaimed...vs what if mafia fakeclaimed).

Sure I reached a fualty conclusion, but that does not mean my process is neccesarily bad. Just like you wouldn't stop assuming fakeclaim=Mafia just becuase occasionally fakeclaims do come from town.

Idk, maybe I'm just naive.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
March 07 2016 10:27 GMT
#1865
It probably seems like I'm dismissing what you guys are telling me more than I actually am.

This is sorta what I'm getting at though...

The thing is, because people actually do those kinda shit fakeclaims as town some people actually think like this could even happen..


I see this as pushing reality to fit what you think it should be, rather than accepting the reality and playing around that.

On the one hand I totally get fighting for the world you want to see, but sometimes that just leads to you just fighting the world...

I'll stop kus I'm getting all philosophical at this point and have probably lost the plot.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
March 07 2016 10:42 GMT
#1866

TT (no offense) you could use a bit help with your blue play.


Btw I would never take offense to criticism of my play. I might argue and defend what I did, but IMO there is always more to work on.

If I ever looked back on a game and thought "well I played perfectly, I wouldn't change a thing" I'd probably quit.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
March 07 2016 10:54 GMT
#1868
On March 07 2016 19:44 Rels wrote:
Town almost never fakeclaims to save their own life. They can do it for other reasons but not for survival. You're wrong thinking it's a likely reality that VT fakeclaims to save themselves.


No you are 100% correct.

I was misreading when Damdred claimed at first, but also failed to properly reorient my mindset when I finally corrected that.

I actually think my mistake was putting too much faith in a gut read on Damdred and not properly evaluating based on that.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
March 07 2016 11:10 GMT
#1870
On March 07 2016 11:10 Tictock wrote:
Clearly Shit tier... have I ever claimed to be good?


We should just roll with this.

You shouldn't put a lot of faith in my tinfoil if it's not adding up.

I'm also not keen to be NK'd early on. ^.^
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
March 07 2016 11:22 GMT
#1872
On March 07 2016 20:15 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2016 20:10 Tictock wrote:
On March 07 2016 11:10 Tictock wrote:
Clearly Shit tier... have I ever claimed to be good?


We should just roll with this.

You shouldn't put a lot of faith in my tinfoil if it's not adding up.

I'm also not keen to be NK'd early on. ^.^


I'm not saying it to insult your play or anything. I like having you in games, you're enjoyable to play with.


Oh... I know.

Just hopefully you can see what happened and maybe it'll help you improve next time?


Always
I can take that responsibility.
Prev 1 5 6 7 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O126
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 681
JuggernautJason89
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 636
Shuttle 511
ZZZero.O 126
Zeus 65
Hyun 42
soO 35
Dota 2
qojqva2394
canceldota55
League of Legends
Doublelift184
Counter-Strike
fl0m5452
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4044
Liquid`Hasu718
Other Games
summit1g4672
FrodaN1084
KnowMe333
420jenkins257
Pyrionflax208
ToD204
Livibee169
QueenE61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick661
StarCraft 2
angryscii 37
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 89
• Hupsaiya 47
• Adnapsc2 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 38
• FirePhoenix6
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1829
Other Games
• imaqtpie971
• Shiphtur606
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 53m
Patches Events
18h 53m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 53m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 53m
OSC
1d 2h
OSC
1d 15h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.