• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:42
CEST 14:42
KST 21:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8441 users

[M][N] Mini Mafia: The (kinda) Vanilla Experience

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
October 17 2015 01:28 GMT
#69
/in
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
October 19 2015 22:16 GMT
#123
##teamvanilla
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
October 20 2015 17:05 GMT
#148
3 minutes is too long for shenanigans updates. Although at that point someone will take it into their own hands.
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
October 21 2015 23:10 GMT
#342
On October 22 2015 08:04 gumshoe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2015 07:56 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On October 22 2015 06:56 gumshoe wrote:
On October 22 2015 06:30 Chromatically wrote:
BH, you talk a lot about why your lynch is random but not at all about why we should follow it.


Theres no point to him trying to convince us to follow his lynch. RNG is viable when reads are shit, convincing town to rng lynch requires shit reads. The game has just begun therefore reads have not had the time to develop quality, which means bh does not yet posses his convince condition.

In the absence of the means to convince us to choose his method, all he can do is argue how his is truly random. Because a mafia player who argues for an actual rng lynch is forfeiting his ability to protect his teammates (and potentially himself) from rng. A competent scumer would usually have faith in his ability to sway town one way or another, which means he probably wouldn't risk an rng team kill. Basically there are only 3 kinds of players who would propose this strat.

1) a player who is so insecure about his play, he is honestly proposing to just roll the dice instead of play(at least on day 1). This player could be town or scum.

2) A town player who is just using this as a means to prove his innocence "why would I risk killing myself or my teamies as mafia? I must be town!" this works sorta because your odds are quite low of hitting yourself and if you do then you can always say "well I know I'm town, so I'll just disregard this result" -_-

3) A scummer who believes that town will not actually rng lynch because it is objectively a bad strat compared to a really solid case/read. He must hope for this, because to a scummer the rng lynch can actually just backfire, since mafia as an entity operate on a clear pool of lives as opposed to towns mist of health.

we can probally straight up rule out the first possibility (bh be goods not scrubs), which leaves 2 and 3. This whole thing seems pre written so hard to tell between them. Honestly best just to ignore the whole thing unless it gets to the point where our reads are so junk an rng lynch is actually more likely.

ether way, I dont think bh expects us to actually straight up rng lynch, this was probably just a way to look active early on without actually offering substance (though it might draw substance out of others, which is always good)

this.
this is a big post of nonsense.


this is basically you saying welcome back : D . I'll tldr the post. I think bh's argument for random makes sense coming out of scum only if you except town not to listen(or you can sabotage the rng) and makes sense out of town only if your trying to look substancey and dont actually think it'll come to a random lynch. So I dont think BH honestly wants an rng lynch / : cause that would be silly, even in a game with good scum. What does that say for his alignment? Not much at all. Basically at the time I didnt think bhs actions meant he was townie, just that he was being active and probably insincere.

I might be totally wrong about but such is the risks of early reads. But yeah, rng is silly, case in point your on the chopping block right now for no reason. Do you think your scum? Do you think BH is derp? if no to both this statements then mine has at least as much chance to be true as there is to lynch into you and hit maf.

Can you tldr your tldr?
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
October 21 2015 23:12 GMT
#346
anywho, I put my faith in RNGesus
##Vote raynpelikoneet
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
October 21 2015 23:14 GMT
#351
On October 22 2015 08:13 Xatalos wrote:
wat the video doesn't work? :/

link works, but not embedded
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
October 21 2015 23:17 GMT
#360
On October 22 2015 08:16 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2015 08:15 Vivax wrote:
On October 22 2015 08:12 Hopeless1der wrote:
anywho, I put my faith in RNGesus
##Vote raynpelikoneet


I really hope for us that you aren't mafia with yamato or this is set to become a pretty sad game.

he is not scum.

I feel like this might be a first...coolbeans
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
October 21 2015 23:18 GMT
#362
On October 22 2015 08:17 gumshoe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2015 08:10 Hopeless1der wrote:
On October 22 2015 08:04 gumshoe wrote:
On October 22 2015 07:56 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On October 22 2015 06:56 gumshoe wrote:
On October 22 2015 06:30 Chromatically wrote:
BH, you talk a lot about why your lynch is random but not at all about why we should follow it.


Theres no point to him trying to convince us to follow his lynch. RNG is viable when reads are shit, convincing town to rng lynch requires shit reads. The game has just begun therefore reads have not had the time to develop quality, which means bh does not yet posses his convince condition.

In the absence of the means to convince us to choose his method, all he can do is argue how his is truly random. Because a mafia player who argues for an actual rng lynch is forfeiting his ability to protect his teammates (and potentially himself) from rng. A competent scumer would usually have faith in his ability to sway town one way or another, which means he probably wouldn't risk an rng team kill. Basically there are only 3 kinds of players who would propose this strat.

1) a player who is so insecure about his play, he is honestly proposing to just roll the dice instead of play(at least on day 1). This player could be town or scum.

2) A town player who is just using this as a means to prove his innocence "why would I risk killing myself or my teamies as mafia? I must be town!" this works sorta because your odds are quite low of hitting yourself and if you do then you can always say "well I know I'm town, so I'll just disregard this result" -_-

3) A scummer who believes that town will not actually rng lynch because it is objectively a bad strat compared to a really solid case/read. He must hope for this, because to a scummer the rng lynch can actually just backfire, since mafia as an entity operate on a clear pool of lives as opposed to towns mist of health.

we can probally straight up rule out the first possibility (bh be goods not scrubs), which leaves 2 and 3. This whole thing seems pre written so hard to tell between them. Honestly best just to ignore the whole thing unless it gets to the point where our reads are so junk an rng lynch is actually more likely.

ether way, I dont think bh expects us to actually straight up rng lynch, this was probably just a way to look active early on without actually offering substance (though it might draw substance out of others, which is always good)

this.
this is a big post of nonsense.


this is basically you saying welcome back : D . I'll tldr the post. I think bh's argument for random makes sense coming out of scum only if you except town not to listen(or you can sabotage the rng) and makes sense out of town only if your trying to look substancey and dont actually think it'll come to a random lynch. So I dont think BH honestly wants an rng lynch / : cause that would be silly, even in a game with good scum. What does that say for his alignment? Not much at all. Basically at the time I didnt think bhs actions meant he was townie, just that he was being active and probably insincere.

I might be totally wrong about but such is the risks of early reads. But yeah, rng is silly, case in point your on the chopping block right now for no reason. Do you think your scum? Do you think BH is derp? if no to both this statements then mine has at least as much chance to be true as there is to lynch into you and hit maf.

Can you tldr your tldr?


Rayns a big meanie, nothings changed. Plus I think BH doesnt actually think theres gonna be an rng lynch, his post is just a way to look daring plus active as ethier alignment. I wasnt a fan of him becoming entrenched as town based of something pretty neutral, the reason I posted was because I felt it wasnt obvius that his rng theory was neutral. Rng play is a risky one for scum, but if you assume town wont go for it and are just feigning the play to build filter, then it's totally neutral.

gumshoe you need to work on your tldr.

TL;DR: BH's RNG post=null

See how that works?
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
October 21 2015 23:20 GMT
#363
On October 22 2015 08:18 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2015 08:17 gumshoe wrote:
On October 22 2015 08:10 Hopeless1der wrote:
On October 22 2015 08:04 gumshoe wrote:
On October 22 2015 07:56 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On October 22 2015 06:56 gumshoe wrote:
On October 22 2015 06:30 Chromatically wrote:
BH, you talk a lot about why your lynch is random but not at all about why we should follow it.


Theres no point to him trying to convince us to follow his lynch. RNG is viable when reads are shit, convincing town to rng lynch requires shit reads. The game has just begun therefore reads have not had the time to develop quality, which means bh does not yet posses his convince condition.

In the absence of the means to convince us to choose his method, all he can do is argue how his is truly random. Because a mafia player who argues for an actual rng lynch is forfeiting his ability to protect his teammates (and potentially himself) from rng. A competent scumer would usually have faith in his ability to sway town one way or another, which means he probably wouldn't risk an rng team kill. Basically there are only 3 kinds of players who would propose this strat.

1) a player who is so insecure about his play, he is honestly proposing to just roll the dice instead of play(at least on day 1). This player could be town or scum.

2) A town player who is just using this as a means to prove his innocence "why would I risk killing myself or my teamies as mafia? I must be town!" this works sorta because your odds are quite low of hitting yourself and if you do then you can always say "well I know I'm town, so I'll just disregard this result" -_-

3) A scummer who believes that town will not actually rng lynch because it is objectively a bad strat compared to a really solid case/read. He must hope for this, because to a scummer the rng lynch can actually just backfire, since mafia as an entity operate on a clear pool of lives as opposed to towns mist of health.

we can probally straight up rule out the first possibility (bh be goods not scrubs), which leaves 2 and 3. This whole thing seems pre written so hard to tell between them. Honestly best just to ignore the whole thing unless it gets to the point where our reads are so junk an rng lynch is actually more likely.

ether way, I dont think bh expects us to actually straight up rng lynch, this was probably just a way to look active early on without actually offering substance (though it might draw substance out of others, which is always good)

this.
this is a big post of nonsense.


this is basically you saying welcome back : D . I'll tldr the post. I think bh's argument for random makes sense coming out of scum only if you except town not to listen(or you can sabotage the rng) and makes sense out of town only if your trying to look substancey and dont actually think it'll come to a random lynch. So I dont think BH honestly wants an rng lynch / : cause that would be silly, even in a game with good scum. What does that say for his alignment? Not much at all. Basically at the time I didnt think bhs actions meant he was townie, just that he was being active and probably insincere.

I might be totally wrong about but such is the risks of early reads. But yeah, rng is silly, case in point your on the chopping block right now for no reason. Do you think your scum? Do you think BH is derp? if no to both this statements then mine has at least as much chance to be true as there is to lynch into you and hit maf.

Can you tldr your tldr?


Rayns a big meanie, nothings changed. .

explain

yeah rayn's been sunshine and rainbows so far. obvious scum.
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
October 21 2015 23:22 GMT
#366
On October 22 2015 08:20 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2015 08:18 Hopeless1der wrote:
On October 22 2015 08:17 gumshoe wrote:
On October 22 2015 08:10 Hopeless1der wrote:
On October 22 2015 08:04 gumshoe wrote:
On October 22 2015 07:56 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On October 22 2015 06:56 gumshoe wrote:
On October 22 2015 06:30 Chromatically wrote:
BH, you talk a lot about why your lynch is random but not at all about why we should follow it.


Theres no point to him trying to convince us to follow his lynch. RNG is viable when reads are shit, convincing town to rng lynch requires shit reads. The game has just begun therefore reads have not had the time to develop quality, which means bh does not yet posses his convince condition.

In the absence of the means to convince us to choose his method, all he can do is argue how his is truly random. Because a mafia player who argues for an actual rng lynch is forfeiting his ability to protect his teammates (and potentially himself) from rng. A competent scumer would usually have faith in his ability to sway town one way or another, which means he probably wouldn't risk an rng team kill. Basically there are only 3 kinds of players who would propose this strat.

1) a player who is so insecure about his play, he is honestly proposing to just roll the dice instead of play(at least on day 1). This player could be town or scum.

2) A town player who is just using this as a means to prove his innocence "why would I risk killing myself or my teamies as mafia? I must be town!" this works sorta because your odds are quite low of hitting yourself and if you do then you can always say "well I know I'm town, so I'll just disregard this result" -_-

3) A scummer who believes that town will not actually rng lynch because it is objectively a bad strat compared to a really solid case/read. He must hope for this, because to a scummer the rng lynch can actually just backfire, since mafia as an entity operate on a clear pool of lives as opposed to towns mist of health.

we can probally straight up rule out the first possibility (bh be goods not scrubs), which leaves 2 and 3. This whole thing seems pre written so hard to tell between them. Honestly best just to ignore the whole thing unless it gets to the point where our reads are so junk an rng lynch is actually more likely.

ether way, I dont think bh expects us to actually straight up rng lynch, this was probably just a way to look active early on without actually offering substance (though it might draw substance out of others, which is always good)

this.
this is a big post of nonsense.


this is basically you saying welcome back : D . I'll tldr the post. I think bh's argument for random makes sense coming out of scum only if you except town not to listen(or you can sabotage the rng) and makes sense out of town only if your trying to look substancey and dont actually think it'll come to a random lynch. So I dont think BH honestly wants an rng lynch / : cause that would be silly, even in a game with good scum. What does that say for his alignment? Not much at all. Basically at the time I didnt think bhs actions meant he was townie, just that he was being active and probably insincere.

I might be totally wrong about but such is the risks of early reads. But yeah, rng is silly, case in point your on the chopping block right now for no reason. Do you think your scum? Do you think BH is derp? if no to both this statements then mine has at least as much chance to be true as there is to lynch into you and hit maf.

Can you tldr your tldr?


Rayns a big meanie, nothings changed. Plus I think BH doesnt actually think theres gonna be an rng lynch, his post is just a way to look daring plus active as ethier alignment. I wasnt a fan of him becoming entrenched as town based of something pretty neutral, the reason I posted was because I felt it wasnt obvius that his rng theory was neutral. Rng play is a risky one for scum, but if you assume town wont go for it and are just feigning the play to build filter, then it's totally neutral.

gumshoe you need to work on your tldr.

TL;DR: BH's RNG post=null

See how that works?


No it doesn't work like that cause when gummy is being logorrhoic I can townread him.

I am townreading him, but I stand by my post
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
October 21 2015 23:24 GMT
#371
On October 22 2015 08:22 gumshoe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2015 08:18 Hopeless1der wrote:
On October 22 2015 08:17 gumshoe wrote:
On October 22 2015 08:10 Hopeless1der wrote:
On October 22 2015 08:04 gumshoe wrote:
On October 22 2015 07:56 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On October 22 2015 06:56 gumshoe wrote:
On October 22 2015 06:30 Chromatically wrote:
BH, you talk a lot about why your lynch is random but not at all about why we should follow it.


Theres no point to him trying to convince us to follow his lynch. RNG is viable when reads are shit, convincing town to rng lynch requires shit reads. The game has just begun therefore reads have not had the time to develop quality, which means bh does not yet posses his convince condition.

In the absence of the means to convince us to choose his method, all he can do is argue how his is truly random. Because a mafia player who argues for an actual rng lynch is forfeiting his ability to protect his teammates (and potentially himself) from rng. A competent scumer would usually have faith in his ability to sway town one way or another, which means he probably wouldn't risk an rng team kill. Basically there are only 3 kinds of players who would propose this strat.

1) a player who is so insecure about his play, he is honestly proposing to just roll the dice instead of play(at least on day 1). This player could be town or scum.

2) A town player who is just using this as a means to prove his innocence "why would I risk killing myself or my teamies as mafia? I must be town!" this works sorta because your odds are quite low of hitting yourself and if you do then you can always say "well I know I'm town, so I'll just disregard this result" -_-

3) A scummer who believes that town will not actually rng lynch because it is objectively a bad strat compared to a really solid case/read. He must hope for this, because to a scummer the rng lynch can actually just backfire, since mafia as an entity operate on a clear pool of lives as opposed to towns mist of health.

we can probally straight up rule out the first possibility (bh be goods not scrubs), which leaves 2 and 3. This whole thing seems pre written so hard to tell between them. Honestly best just to ignore the whole thing unless it gets to the point where our reads are so junk an rng lynch is actually more likely.

ether way, I dont think bh expects us to actually straight up rng lynch, this was probably just a way to look active early on without actually offering substance (though it might draw substance out of others, which is always good)

this.
this is a big post of nonsense.


this is basically you saying welcome back : D . I'll tldr the post. I think bh's argument for random makes sense coming out of scum only if you except town not to listen(or you can sabotage the rng) and makes sense out of town only if your trying to look substancey and dont actually think it'll come to a random lynch. So I dont think BH honestly wants an rng lynch / : cause that would be silly, even in a game with good scum. What does that say for his alignment? Not much at all. Basically at the time I didnt think bhs actions meant he was townie, just that he was being active and probably insincere.

I might be totally wrong about but such is the risks of early reads. But yeah, rng is silly, case in point your on the chopping block right now for no reason. Do you think your scum? Do you think BH is derp? if no to both this statements then mine has at least as much chance to be true as there is to lynch into you and hit maf.

Can you tldr your tldr?


Rayns a big meanie, nothings changed. Plus I think BH doesnt actually think theres gonna be an rng lynch, his post is just a way to look daring plus active as ethier alignment. I wasnt a fan of him becoming entrenched as town based of something pretty neutral, the reason I posted was because I felt it wasnt obvius that his rng theory was neutral. Rng play is a risky one for scum, but if you assume town wont go for it and are just feigning the play to build filter, then it's totally neutral.

gumshoe you need to work on your tldr.

TL;DR: BH's RNG post=null

See how that works?


I like words.

I found some for you:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
October 21 2015 23:31 GMT
#377
On October 22 2015 08:28 Vivax wrote:
Oh it's some shitty placeholder text pasted together from parts of one of cicero's speeches.
I really want to lynch you now hopeless.

google lorem ipsum, its just filler text...gumshoe said he liked words =\
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
October 21 2015 23:32 GMT
#380
On October 22 2015 08:31 gumshoe wrote:
Still leaving my vote on vivax though, because he has the superior rack,

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/497022-mini-mafia-the-vanilla-experience-voting-thread#5
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
October 21 2015 23:34 GMT
#387
On October 22 2015 08:32 raynpelikoneet wrote:
atalos you're gonna go to see prodigy on Nov 3th?

3th?
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
October 21 2015 23:39 GMT
#397
On October 22 2015 08:38 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2015 08:24 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On October 22 2015 08:18 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On October 22 2015 08:17 gumshoe wrote:
On October 22 2015 08:10 Hopeless1der wrote:
On October 22 2015 08:04 gumshoe wrote:
On October 22 2015 07:56 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On October 22 2015 06:56 gumshoe wrote:
On October 22 2015 06:30 Chromatically wrote:
BH, you talk a lot about why your lynch is random but not at all about why we should follow it.


Theres no point to him trying to convince us to follow his lynch. RNG is viable when reads are shit, convincing town to rng lynch requires shit reads. The game has just begun therefore reads have not had the time to develop quality, which means bh does not yet posses his convince condition.

In the absence of the means to convince us to choose his method, all he can do is argue how his is truly random. Because a mafia player who argues for an actual rng lynch is forfeiting his ability to protect his teammates (and potentially himself) from rng. A competent scumer would usually have faith in his ability to sway town one way or another, which means he probably wouldn't risk an rng team kill. Basically there are only 3 kinds of players who would propose this strat.

1) a player who is so insecure about his play, he is honestly proposing to just roll the dice instead of play(at least on day 1). This player could be town or scum.

2) A town player who is just using this as a means to prove his innocence "why would I risk killing myself or my teamies as mafia? I must be town!" this works sorta because your odds are quite low of hitting yourself and if you do then you can always say "well I know I'm town, so I'll just disregard this result" -_-

3) A scummer who believes that town will not actually rng lynch because it is objectively a bad strat compared to a really solid case/read. He must hope for this, because to a scummer the rng lynch can actually just backfire, since mafia as an entity operate on a clear pool of lives as opposed to towns mist of health.

we can probally straight up rule out the first possibility (bh be goods not scrubs), which leaves 2 and 3. This whole thing seems pre written so hard to tell between them. Honestly best just to ignore the whole thing unless it gets to the point where our reads are so junk an rng lynch is actually more likely.

ether way, I dont think bh expects us to actually straight up rng lynch, this was probably just a way to look active early on without actually offering substance (though it might draw substance out of others, which is always good)

this.
this is a big post of nonsense.


this is basically you saying welcome back : D . I'll tldr the post. I think bh's argument for random makes sense coming out of scum only if you except town not to listen(or you can sabotage the rng) and makes sense out of town only if your trying to look substancey and dont actually think it'll come to a random lynch. So I dont think BH honestly wants an rng lynch / : cause that would be silly, even in a game with good scum. What does that say for his alignment? Not much at all. Basically at the time I didnt think bhs actions meant he was townie, just that he was being active and probably insincere.

I might be totally wrong about but such is the risks of early reads. But yeah, rng is silly, case in point your on the chopping block right now for no reason. Do you think your scum? Do you think BH is derp? if no to both this statements then mine has at least as much chance to be true as there is to lynch into you and hit maf.

Can you tldr your tldr?


Rayns a big meanie, nothings changed. .

explain

gumshoe please.

please. last time.

Is this not it?

On October 22 2015 08:31 gumshoe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2015 08:18 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On October 22 2015 08:17 gumshoe wrote:
On October 22 2015 08:10 Hopeless1der wrote:
On October 22 2015 08:04 gumshoe wrote:
On October 22 2015 07:56 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On October 22 2015 06:56 gumshoe wrote:
On October 22 2015 06:30 Chromatically wrote:
BH, you talk a lot about why your lynch is random but not at all about why we should follow it.


Theres no point to him trying to convince us to follow his lynch. RNG is viable when reads are shit, convincing town to rng lynch requires shit reads. The game has just begun therefore reads have not had the time to develop quality, which means bh does not yet posses his convince condition.

In the absence of the means to convince us to choose his method, all he can do is argue how his is truly random. Because a mafia player who argues for an actual rng lynch is forfeiting his ability to protect his teammates (and potentially himself) from rng. A competent scumer would usually have faith in his ability to sway town one way or another, which means he probably wouldn't risk an rng team kill. Basically there are only 3 kinds of players who would propose this strat.

1) a player who is so insecure about his play, he is honestly proposing to just roll the dice instead of play(at least on day 1). This player could be town or scum.

2) A town player who is just using this as a means to prove his innocence "why would I risk killing myself or my teamies as mafia? I must be town!" this works sorta because your odds are quite low of hitting yourself and if you do then you can always say "well I know I'm town, so I'll just disregard this result" -_-

3) A scummer who believes that town will not actually rng lynch because it is objectively a bad strat compared to a really solid case/read. He must hope for this, because to a scummer the rng lynch can actually just backfire, since mafia as an entity operate on a clear pool of lives as opposed to towns mist of health.

we can probally straight up rule out the first possibility (bh be goods not scrubs), which leaves 2 and 3. This whole thing seems pre written so hard to tell between them. Honestly best just to ignore the whole thing unless it gets to the point where our reads are so junk an rng lynch is actually more likely.

ether way, I dont think bh expects us to actually straight up rng lynch, this was probably just a way to look active early on without actually offering substance (though it might draw substance out of others, which is always good)

this.
this is a big post of nonsense.


this is basically you saying welcome back : D . I'll tldr the post. I think bh's argument for random makes sense coming out of scum only if you except town not to listen(or you can sabotage the rng) and makes sense out of town only if your trying to look substancey and dont actually think it'll come to a random lynch. So I dont think BH honestly wants an rng lynch / : cause that would be silly, even in a game with good scum. What does that say for his alignment? Not much at all. Basically at the time I didnt think bhs actions meant he was townie, just that he was being active and probably insincere.

I might be totally wrong about but such is the risks of early reads. But yeah, rng is silly, case in point your on the chopping block right now for no reason. Do you think your scum? Do you think BH is derp? if no to both this statements then mine has at least as much chance to be true as there is to lynch into you and hit maf.

Can you tldr your tldr?


Rayns a big meanie, nothings changed. .

explain


Remember that time you tunneled me until I swore on my life? Then got drunk and imploded? (taking koshi along with you) pretty sure you mislynched me twice as well. my memories of you are not particularly pleasant overall ) :

Ritoky- his argument vs me was fine, he hasnt played much vs me so the things he pointed out are reasonable, I also liked his confidence over Bh. Generally hes to the point, and decicive. Reads to me as confident town.

Chrom- dont like how he went after ritoky when ritoky was just rolling perception plus charisma. I wasn't being particularly townie at the time yet he seemed confident that ritoky was needlessly pouncing / : could be insider knowledge? Also his start is kinda awkward. Reading as scummy.

Still leaving my vote on vivax though, because he has the superior rack,

Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
October 21 2015 23:43 GMT
#401
On October 22 2015 08:42 raynpelikoneet wrote:
saying i was a meanie in some game does not mean i am one in here.

but you called his post nonsense!! so mean rayn, how could you do that?
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
October 22 2015 20:53 GMT
#594
I'm sorry RNGesus I cannot in good conscience go along with voting rayn when he's being rayn.
##unvote
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
October 22 2015 20:55 GMT
#596
On October 23 2015 05:51 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2015 05:50 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Hopeless could you play properly and post more of your thoughts.
Like i am pretty sure you are town but i am also pretty sure you're gonna get lynched because other people do not know why you are town and nothing i say can possibly change that.


So why is he town?

Maybe you should let me deal with that...actually something you posted bothered me

On October 23 2015 05:33 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2015 05:28 raynpelikoneet wrote:
There is absolutely nothing alignment indicative in your rng Blazinghand, you know it, everyone should know it. "Figuring out" something regarding it is a waste of time.


Well it's kind of like... Imagine player X. He has a great record of posting a lengthy introduction post as scum when he starts the game, and as town he's so far just immediately jumped in and started posting actual content. Now in a current game he immediately makes a lengthy introduction post.

Could he have done it as town to make himself harder to read? Possibly. But I'd still take into account that maybe the meta is repeating itself, no?

And if you read my posts, it's not just that about Blazinghand, but more like how he was so excited about the RNG when he's several times before said that it's pro-town. It would be harder to convey that excitement as scum when he think it's so pro-town clearly.

It reads like "lengthy introduction == scum" but BH is not scum because he's excited? What did I miss here?
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
October 22 2015 20:57 GMT
#599
On October 23 2015 05:52 Onegu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2015 05:44 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Hey Onegu i just tell you who to lynch and then you vote for them, right.
I don't have to tell you anything.



NONONO

Its the other way around. I tell you who to vote. And tell you its one of my "gut reads" and you vote them.

You have to actually provide reasons. I dont.

But this response and the one before it are from a town rayn most likely lol.


Are you trying to get spite lynched? I may not be the most suited to make threats, but if you continue to play up the bravado without contributing I will fully support lynching you.
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
October 22 2015 20:59 GMT
#604
just so im clear, what is your current read of BH, Xata? town/null/scum?
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Zoun vs herOLIVE!
SHIN vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 1341
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 254
Rex 89
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 56767
Calm 3769
Shuttle 3384
Bisu 1491
FanTaSy 1429
firebathero 389
Stork 321
Mini 272
Zeus 261
Hyuk 257
[ Show more ]
Soma 245
Rush 240
EffOrt 225
actioN 173
Soulkey 166
Light 155
Last 145
ZerO 130
Snow 106
Dewaltoss 67
Sea.KH 66
Mong 65
Pusan 53
Killer 52
Barracks 52
PianO 44
hero 42
JYJ 41
Free 36
NotJumperer 36
Shinee 35
ToSsGirL 31
Bale 27
Shine 27
Yoon 27
Aegong 26
Hyun 26
Sharp 25
sorry 19
yabsab 19
Sacsri 15
HiyA 15
Noble 13
Icarus 3
Dota 2
Gorgc5882
Dendi654
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1346
kRYSTAL_229
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King104
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko387
Other Games
gofns36261
singsing2029
B2W.Neo759
crisheroes273
hiko217
DeMusliM208
byalli129
Livibee125
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV233
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
18m
OSC
9h 33m
Replay Cast
10h 18m
OSC
1d 10h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 21h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.