• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:10
CEST 21:10
KST 04:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9189 users

[M][N] Mini Mafia: The (kinda) Vanilla Experience - Page 30

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 40 Next All
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 27 2015 17:32 GMT
#2560
On October 23 2015 23:47 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2015 23:46 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Chromatically's oplay is completely different from his scumgames where he basically picks a person and tunnels that into oblivion.

yeah? hopefully i'll pick that up later


Hmmmm..... This started to concern me a bit though....
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 27 2015 17:37 GMT
#2561
On October 24 2015 00:51 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2015 00:48 Xatalos wrote:
I mean.... Your merits this game are defending rayn (who's played exactly according to his scumgame so far, and made many unfathomable logical jumps) based on something that never really happened at the start, and some vague "nice posts" he's made. And attacking Slam for posts that I actually really liked about ritoky/rayn.

okay, you are welcome to think this

but when i end up being right about rayn, i reserve the right to never listen to your opinions in any game ever again.


Heh.... Now I really hope rayn is scum.... Too bad I forgot to demand a counter-bet
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 27 2015 17:42 GMT
#2562
On October 24 2015 05:19 marvellosity wrote:
best two reasons to lynch slam:

1. he said he couldn't be lynched d1
2. piss xata off


....... :/
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 27 2015 17:52 GMT
#2566
And now I'm depressed after reading the last pages of marv's filter...

I guess I was a bit too persistent in arguing with him though, overall. Neither of our attitudes were really too productive in those moments.

The points with Chromatically gave me some renewed concern. It's also a bit uncomfortable how rayn soft defended him, then marv went to see for himself and showed it wrong... Why would town rayn give that defense then in the first place?

Not sure how you got ritoky = scum though Vivax? I agree he's been less and less noteworthy over time, but... Did marv ever suspect him?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 27 2015 17:54 GMT
#2568
I could have yolo'd onto Hopeless, but there was nobody else going onto Hopeless and we were at least guaranteeing yamato's lynch, so....
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 27 2015 18:09 GMT
#2573
Hmmm....

I guess that's a bit of a weird reaction...

How sold are you on this dream team of rayn/Chromatically/ritoky? I still kind of feel like Onegu is scum, and he seems like a safe lynch tomorrow. Then again, I guess there's always the incomprehensible possibility that he's town and just plays like this... I guess he did play a bit similarly as town in that earlier game.... And marv liked him too... >.> I really don't want to believe it though...

Hopeless is pretty much a policy lynch...

I guess that team wouldn't be impossible. Least confident on ritoky maybe, but rayn can very easily be scum and Chromatically could be too, considering that weird soft defense of him by rayn (which actually fits him more with his scum meta here? - picking a target and continuing to push it through eternity).. hm... In that case I'd want to lynch rayn first of all though.

All of these 3 have wanted GB dead so I guess that's a point for GB?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 27 2015 18:14 GMT
#2574
You're not making your position any easier by calling Vivax and gumshoe scum though GB :/ If you're actually town, you need to look at things objectively, and see that they have both made around the most good posts in this game (I'll admit that even though I have vastly the most posts, they both have more actually helpful posts probably). They were also both invested in how to handle the D2 lynch... Same with BH... And just overall they're one of the few positive forces pushing scumhunting in this game full of hate and trolling. You could really use just taking a step back and consider the situation calmly, like you saw that I was town from my meta, and see that Vivax's scum meta is way more inactive and useless than this, and I doubt gumshoe has ever played this well before even as town...
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 27 2015 18:16 GMT
#2575
Tbh I think GB might just be in an extremely defensive/paranoid stance atm... Kind of like I was regarding marv at one point.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 27 2015 18:20 GMT
#2576
I really don't see what scum GB would achieve by pushing consensus townies... Seems too suicidal and "solo-centric" (alone against the conspiracy of hidden scum or something). Bad nonetheless, but I can't really blame him too much looking at how I slightly suspected marv too.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 27 2015 18:20 GMT
#2577
hm..
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 27 2015 18:22 GMT
#2578
GB, I think gumshoe was basing a good part of his defense for you on how he scumread yamato and how his flip would clear you. Now that yamato flipped town, it makes sense for him to reconsider you, right?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 27 2015 18:23 GMT
#2579
Maybe I just wish I was townsiding (with GB) and marv was scumsiding (with rayn) D1..... If that's not the case, I'll be a bit sad at my play there.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 27 2015 18:26 GMT
#2580
GB: If I die, will you promise to drop your suspicions of Vivax/gumshoe for tomorrow and sheep them? For me? I'm like 99% certain they're both town and neither even really wants to lynch you right now. But if you keep that up, it would just end up with you being lynched tomorrow.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 27 2015 18:32 GMT
#2583
I mean... It's like in that newbie game I observed once. I forgot the names, but most players indicated their willingness to lynch a certain player. Only the confirmed townie (Innocent Child or something) and another obvtown weren't very willing to lynch him. That was a clear sign that he was town. Kind of the same thing here? With gumshoe and me being the most hesitant, and I think even Vivax not sure about the whole thing. Rest basically wanting to kill him.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 27 2015 18:34 GMT
#2584
Hm... Although I don't think Onegu/Hopeless really wanted to lynch him....
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 27 2015 18:35 GMT
#2585
So I guess if you assume that the scumteam is something like GB/Onegu/Hopeless, then it could make sense... But even then GB preferred to lynch Onegu/Hopeless yesterday...?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 27 2015 18:42 GMT
#2588
I thought ritoky was highly town early on... Now he's somewhat dropped off the radar and I can't even remember anything he did D2...? As for you, I agree you've posted a lot and there's a lot of decent reasoning, but if GB is town, it would mean that you've spent almost all of your effort on pushing first me (town) and then GB (town).... Which then kind of makes it sensible to see what GB is first, but can we afford it at this point? I'd really prefer lynching rayn atm. If rayn flipped scum, it would basically semi-clear GB... Well, that didn't work with yamato though
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 27 2015 18:46 GMT
#2589
On October 28 2015 03:31 Chromatically wrote:
Why are you telling GB how to play??? Telling someone "if you're town, then do this" is the complete opposite of helpful because they can just do it and then you have zero idea of their alignment. You have to look at how he plays on his own without saying "hey you should do this".

That's why I didn't ask GB for reads or his top lynches or anything when I was talking to him. If I ask him and he does it, I don't learn anything about his alignment. What matters is if he does it when I don't tell him what he should do.


I just said those things because I kind of feel like he could be a townie who's on the wrong track. He feels so overly paranoid that it's a bit more indicative of town than scum... Well, I guess the other explanation is that he's just scum and making impossible shit up as he goes, but wouldn't scum GB want to improve his chances of survival tomorrow, rather than ruin his chances by antagonizing the only people who consider him to be town to some extent?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 27 2015 19:17 GMT
#2593
Yeah I guess so.... It's just a rather... Strict set of potential scummates (Onegu+Hopeless?).

Let us know what you find :D
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 27 2015 19:19 GMT
#2595
On October 28 2015 03:58 GlowingBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2015 03:22 Xatalos wrote:
GB, I think gumshoe was basing a good part of his defense for you on how he scumread yamato and how his flip would clear you. Now that yamato flipped town, it makes sense for him to reconsider you, right?


No because I specifically asked this to him and he said it wouldn't change much and that he just wanted to clear me to the others.


Even if that's the case, he said he'd be reluctant to lynch you, I think? But I can understand it wouldn't be easy for him to hard oppose it after the yamato wagon failed. And in any case, gumshoe has been overall the most contributive, good poster, I think....
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 40 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 685
ProTech144
UpATreeSC 117
JuggernautJason55
MindelVK 27
Nina 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 29897
Calm 2918
Shuttle 759
firebathero 155
Mini 144
Dewaltoss 117
soO 34
Hyun 29
HiyA 28
Aegong 20
[ Show more ]
NaDa 20
Bale 19
PianO 18
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc8289
XaKoH 302
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1599
fl0m1524
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu623
Other Games
FrodaN3008
B2W.Neo595
Beastyqt571
mouzStarbuck449
Livibee191
ToD165
KnowMe135
C9.Mang0134
Trikslyr89
RotterdaM86
Mew2King38
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 45
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie917
• Shiphtur811
• WagamamaTV241
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 5m
Replay Cast
3h 50m
OSC
1d 3h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 14h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 21h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 23h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.