• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:54
CEST 20:54
KST 03:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War315.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8251 users

[M][N] Mini Mafia: The (kinda) Vanilla Experience - Page 24

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 40 Next All
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 26 2015 00:58 GMT
#1848
On October 26 2015 09:19 Chromatically wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2015 09:04 Xatalos wrote:
On October 26 2015 09:01 Chromatically wrote:
On October 26 2015 08:57 Xatalos wrote:
On October 26 2015 08:52 Chromatically wrote:
On October 26 2015 08:37 Xatalos wrote:
Like, I went to GB's filter thinking "let's see if there's anything scummy I missed", came out of it thinking "there are scummy traits and then bits and pieces of towny moments". Scum? Could well be. Town? It's possible as well. I don't think it's a sure case. Onegu/yamato seem safer, and I'd perhaps put even rayn above GB....

Hmm. I think the meta points are much stronger than any bits of lightly town moments that can be found in his filter. Honestly after playing as mafia in a few games I feel like making posts that sound vaguely townie as mafia isn't that hard. I guess that depends on what kind of stuff specifically you're talking about though.


Mainly referring to his meta defense of me, genuine-feeling rant about being voted for and going after rayn instead of Slam in that situation.... I guess none of those are really impossible from scum, it's just that each thing felt more likely to come from town.

I love calling people town for good reasons as mafia lol, it makes me feel honest because I don't have to lie to everyone about what I think for once. Rant thing, okay. What do you mean by going after rayn instead of Slam? This post where he votes rayn?

On October 24 2015 04:07 GlowingBear wrote:
I don't want to lynch chromatically. Especially now that Vivax is voting him.

And I've been putting thoughts on Rayn. His flip one is bad. He said it was very unlikely I was scum and that I was very level headed with my read in Vivax.

Then Vivax said something about me scum reading him before asking questions, and Rayn agreed and called me scum over the same posts he called me "very unlikely to be mafia". It doesn't make sense.

I'm voting rayn



Ah yeah, I mean, he went directly against rayn (who was losing steam and a tougher opponent than Slam) instead of just voting for Slam or going AFK or something. In the worst case, that could have led to him being lynched... If marv jumped on that vote switch etc.

I think you're talking about when him and rayn were kind of yelling at each other? Like he could have voted for Slam or gone AFK at that point, but doing that makes him look uninterested in the lynch/doesn't give him something to post about. Whereas if he just argues with rayn for a little bit, he looks active and opinionated just for yelling at rayn for reading him wrong.


Oh yeah this... Well anything is possible, and maybe I'm a bit biased since he was one of the few to support me in that situation, but... I just think it's a bit risky to do anything "splashy" when he was still in danger zone himself. Safer to stay low, I guess?

I think there's merit in your meta arguments and the way how GB has pretty much just scumread Vivax all game for weak reasons, but I still don't think GB is the primary suspect today.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 26 2015 01:02 GMT
#1851
Could you perhaps elaborate why Onegu is better?

Not that I disagree with lynching him.

Maybe I'll get to sleep soon...
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 26 2015 10:16 GMT
#1922
If we consider things on a purely individual basis, I think Onegu might be our best shot today. But Yamato is only very slightly behind, and lynching him has a good chance of resolving GB as well. Also, I can't really be bothered to push Onegu when it would only distract from the Yamato wagon and waste gumshoe's efforts that way... Plus like some prolly have said, meta points to Yamato being scum more so than for Onegu, even if Onegu's actions themselves are scummier.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 26 2015 10:20 GMT
#1923
Also lol @ the BH-Onegu exchange
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 26 2015 10:49 GMT
#1926
To be fair he did reason his switch, and it could have been plausibly justified... Using that logic, you're again all the more suspicious for your various switches during D1 that mostly made sense for scum pushing mislynches. Onegu's vote for you was also far, far worse than GB's, yet it doesn't matter?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 26 2015 12:00 GMT
#1934
I don't think rayn would be a bad lynch today. It's just that I'm not as certain as I was when the day started, and I'm fine even if he's not the first one to go. Better to consolidate with those I think are town rather than cause too many wagons and give more control for the scumteam.

I have a harder time believing these latest posts are from town rayn though. Just throwing suspicion and flame around, not even trying to figure out the game in any reasonable way.

What I'm confused about is the rayn-GB relation. It's kind of hard to believe they're scum together.... But then why isn't rayn really pushing for GB, the easiest option, and instead voting for people like Slam and me? To lessen the anti-association? Because they're teammates after all? Meh. That can be resolved after this lynch, I think.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 26 2015 12:03 GMT
#1937
I guess it would make sense for rayn to become mad if his scumteam isn't even playing the game...
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 26 2015 12:03 GMT
#1938
On October 26 2015 21:03 raynpelikoneet wrote:
preferrably like 1,5 hours before so i can type out everything i have to say.


Why not say it now?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 26 2015 12:14 GMT
#1940
......

Seriously, I'm far from the only one scumreading you. And you're not doing anything to help town, actually actively playing anti-town since N1/D2. Yet everything's my fault?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 26 2015 12:28 GMT
#1942
As far as I'm concerned, the most useless troll in this game is definitely not Slam. Onegu and rayn have surpassed him from the start and entered into new spheres of useless trolling during D2. Far more useless than Slam's usual play, and infinitely more useless than Slam's surprisingly good play in this game.

I really hope neither of them are town.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 26 2015 12:30 GMT
#1944
Do you think all of me, ritoky, GB, BH and Vivax are scum then? Apparently not Vivax, but.... I think there was someone else who suspected you as well.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 26 2015 12:31 GMT
#1945
On October 26 2015 21:30 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Slam's play was surprisingly bad unless i am mafia so now, lynch me.


I will. All in due time. Just suffer in this game for a bit longer.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 26 2015 12:43 GMT
#1948
Hm?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 26 2015 12:54 GMT
#1951
It summarizes the essence of your play in this game

Still not quite sure what you're even doing today. Don't you have anything to say abou the main issue at hand, Yamato vs GB? I'm STILL the best possible lynch...?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 26 2015 13:05 GMT
#1955
I get that you've called GB scum and Yamato town before. But you haven't pushed either thought in the thread and instead just.... voted for me and trolled. Letting your townread be lunched over your scumread, as it seems. Wtf?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 26 2015 13:19 GMT
#1962
Uh oh.... I hope the hosts are around before this gets out of hand...

Slam, prolly better just to complain in ObsQT / post-game..
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 26 2015 13:27 GMT
#1967
I don't think there are many players who want you gone overall... As for me, you can be hard to read, but still it's fun to read your posts and you have your good moments.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 26 2015 13:33 GMT
#1969
Lol
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 26 2015 13:34 GMT
#1970
This is starting to remind me of reading the ban thread... The dramas...
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 26 2015 14:22 GMT
#1999
If Onegu's senseless posts encouraged you to return to the game, then go ahead... Play!
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 40 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 6m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 542
ProTech159
UpATreeSC 60
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19960
Calm 3629
Mini 424
Mind 84
910 65
Free 63
soO 31
Trap 31
Aegong 23
Dota 2
Gorgc5189
XaKoH 285
canceldota56
Counter-Strike
fl0m6184
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3472
Other Games
FrodaN848
Beastyqt539
Liquid`Hasu288
Khaldor196
Livibee190
C9.Mang0129
Trikslyr126
RotterdaM118
IndyStarCraft 92
QueenE72
ZombieGrub33
BRAT_OK 25
MindelVK11
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 26
• FirePhoenix11
• niya90s 2
• Michael_bg 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV286
League of Legends
• Nemesis2234
Other Games
• Shiphtur804
• imaqtpie768
• tFFMrPink 7
• Scarra4
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 6m
Big Brain Bouts
15h 6m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
22h 6m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
Patches Events
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.