• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:54
CEST 19:54
KST 02:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9833 users

[M][N] Mini Mafia: The (kinda) Vanilla Experience - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
October 23 2015 17:34 GMT
#1089
I have arrived
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
October 23 2015 17:53 GMT
#1093
hm

slam not a terrible lynch given his insistence on being "unreadable"

I think as town he becomes indignant and actually mad if people try to lynch him, this seems more like a mafia tactic.

I don't necessarily disagree that GB looks better but I'm rather hesitant to sleep on the idea of lynching him entirely.

Rayn is just not mafia here I don't think. Unless he is mafia with marv and they both successfully pocketed me. I doubt this though, because literally everyone thinks I am town now so lol.

I don't really want to lynch Onegu but I admittedly haven't read his probably short filter either.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
October 23 2015 17:57 GMT
#1099
On October 23 2015 23:50 Chromatically wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2015 23:24 marvellosity wrote:
On October 23 2015 23:20 Xatalos wrote:
On October 23 2015 23:08 marvellosity wrote:
my reasoning was that you're a bit of a pussy as mafia and it would be much easier for you just to townread me when if you are mafia you know there is a 0% chance of me ever getting lynched.

the fact you pushed me before under similar circumstances weakens that as a heuristic though

although i doubt you'd make the same mistake twice


Btw can you really say I'm a pussy as scum after that game where I and Artanis bussed each other all game? That was fun.

yes, bussing each other is pussy way out because it means you don't have the balls to tunnel a townie

gonna have to try meta Chrome at some point. My evening cleared up (i was gonna be afk all weekend and spring that on you guys when i finished work, but my plans fell through)
On October 22 2015 13:59 Chromatically wrote:
Alright yamato is off the lynch list for me. I have a hard time seeing him faking anger about getting scumread by people for this and I don't think he's just making up his reasoning there as mafia. Both of those last posts feel really town to me.

On October 23 2015 00:26 Chromatically wrote:
I don't really see why GB is mafia for that read rather than it just being a bad read.

On October 23 2015 02:47 Chromatically wrote:
On October 23 2015 02:41 marvellosity wrote:
pretty hard to shake my townfeels on rayn when he comes into the thread saying he has 2 townreads and no mafiareads when at that point i had 2 townreads and no mafiareads and the 2 townreads were the same as mine.

I like this post a lot, I get a strong town feeling from this.

I don't like any of these posts much. I don't think the anger thing is a good reason to townread yamato. I made an unexplained punt vote on GB and it reads as a bit of a weird defence. I'm also not sure that Chrome should be getting strong townfeels from the post i made rather than others/the whole body of play.

Also have this nagging feeling where Chrome described ritoky as picking up on "textbook mafia tells" and he's essentially doing the exact same thing with Xatalos. I don't like it. I understand picking up on Xata's read progression on rayn, I think it's possibly reasonable to be suspicious of that, but the rest of it I don't think I like much.

You didn't think yamato's giant angry lecture about how he plays town was townie? I think that would have been very difficult to emotionally fake as mafia. The GB thing I was posting my thoughts and hoping you would explain your read. Your post I felt was town because I thought it showed a town way of thinking about things. Maybe it's silly but that's the feel I got.

I don't think I'm being hypocritical but I don't think it matters if I am anyway. ritoky felt like he was jumping on something that he could paint as scummy. Xatalos is doing things that mafia have motivation to do. Not sure if that makes sense to anyone.

Only thing I can say about Chrom is that he's plain wrong about me here, I could definitely fake being angry (or actually be angry, think about that!) about how I like to play the game as a mafia (and have done so on multiple occasions).

Haven't dug in to the wall about Xata yet but I'm rather unconvinced that Chrom is scum. He does seem rather preoccupied with Xata, however, from a cursory glance at his filter.

Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
October 23 2015 17:58 GMT
#1102
On October 24 2015 02:57 gumshoe wrote:
Also what was it that made gj look better to you Yamato?

The post Hopeless pointed out.

It did actually look townie to me.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
October 23 2015 17:58 GMT
#1103
On October 24 2015 02:57 marvellosity wrote:
hi yamato

let's kill Slam

he is mafia

I'm not opposed.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
October 23 2015 18:07 GMT
#1115
On October 24 2015 01:00 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2015 00:56 GlowingBear wrote:
On October 24 2015 00:50 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On October 24 2015 00:41 GlowingBear wrote:
On October 24 2015 00:37 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On October 24 2015 00:36 GlowingBear wrote:
On October 24 2015 00:32 Xatalos wrote:
GB, if you're town, seriously don't just commit suicide here. Looks like it's heading towards you vs rayn and it'd be sad if you caused your own death there, like a certain player in my newbie game....


I'm not commiting suicide, I'm getting angry that such shitty scum read on me based on a read that I find very reasonable and I'm having a hard time believing good players can't possibly see I'm town.

Then start playing as town, vote for slam, and stop asking questions about what you should already know instead of telling us you have read the thread.


I
HAVE
READ
THE
THREAD

I KNOW YOU "YOLO'ED" AND CALLED ONEGU TOWN FOR NO REASON
I KNOW YOU META'ED HOPELESS AND CALLED HIM TOWN
I KNOW MARV AND YOU HAD TWO INITIAL TOWNREADS - XATALOS AND VIVAX
I KNOW YOU FUCKING HAD GUMSHOE AS MAFIA THEN FLIPPED YOUR READ

WHY CAN'T I BRING WHAT I THINK ABOUT PLAYERS AND ASK YOU TO COMMENT ABOUT WHAT I'VE BROUGHT INSTEAD OF SAYING "OH OKAY RAYN SAID THESE GUYS ARE TOWN SO THEY ARE"????!?!??

JESUS CHRIST

Because if you fail to realize your read on Vivax is actually really terrible then there is nothing to talk about that one. If you can't understand, when four players, me, marv, yamato, and Vivax (and to some extent other players -- well basically all of them) call your read bad, you should probably at least think your read can be bad, as we can't all be mafia, right? Instead of doing this, you come back and say "but i would never do this as mafia". Your read is bad, regardless of Vivax alignment, that's a fact. Yet you are just sitting there on that read doing nothing.

Onegu is likely town for his approach towards me early on in the game. Same goes to Hopeless. Furthermore, last time i asked Hopeless to do shit when he was mafia he didn't do shit. I agree Hopeless isn't doing much but is trying to do something, and that is a towntell for him. I will never lynch Hopeless or Onegu here on D1. Never. And you should not either, especially with players like Slam in the game (or even Blazinghand who hasn't actually done jack shit this game). Or ritoky, or gumshoe. Never ever.

The last three of those have posted but all of theirs posts have nothing much to say. Now not all of them can be mafia, because Slam is definitely scum, and i can't even know which one of them is/isn't scum, but i am most certain of Onegu not being mafia. Basically Onegu just doesn't care, which is not what his scumplay looks like, and while i hate the way he plays, that's what he does as town.

So if you are town get your head out of your tunnel'y ass and start considering also what other people say, especially when almost everyone in the game shares the view OPPOSITE of yours on Vivax.


You fail to realise that I asked your opinion exactly because my townread were saying my scum read is town. But then, when you come to the thread, you scum read me. What am I supposed to do, listen to you and vote me????

Like, seriously, you and Marv could simply answer my question. But instead you decided I'm scum. I AM considering what other people say. Unfortunately, they are saying I'm scum, and that's wrong. I really don't know what I'm supposed to do.


Well I think this post is more likely from town.... Hm. It's not so easy to fake this confusion/paranoia as town IMO.

This one actually

Wrong person.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
October 23 2015 18:08 GMT
#1120
On October 24 2015 03:07 GlowingBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2015 03:03 Xatalos wrote:
Hm Onegu's return seems okay... Although why is rayn 90% town? Elaborate?


Sorry, why is he okay?

BTW I'm pretty sure Vivax is mafia now. He comes back, jokes about stuff, says some random stuff about killing me, but actually talks about nothing else in the game. His read on yamato has vanished, too.

I can't understand what you guys find townie in him.

Perhaps a valid point.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
October 23 2015 18:09 GMT
#1124
On October 23 2015 02:36 Blazinghand wrote:
Yam could just be having a slow start. It's still early int he US today, so maybe he'll pick up. All this talk about lynching yam is a distraction from the real scum, rayn

BH knows this, lol

wtf is with that question, BH?

Do you really not understand how I play?
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
October 23 2015 18:10 GMT
#1128
On October 24 2015 03:09 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2015 03:08 yamato77 wrote:
On October 24 2015 03:07 GlowingBear wrote:
On October 24 2015 03:03 Xatalos wrote:
Hm Onegu's return seems okay... Although why is rayn 90% town? Elaborate?


Sorry, why is he okay?

BTW I'm pretty sure Vivax is mafia now. He comes back, jokes about stuff, says some random stuff about killing me, but actually talks about nothing else in the game. His read on yamato has vanished, too.

I can't understand what you guys find townie in him.

Perhaps a valid point.


Oh boy another one poking at a bee hive.

It is true that you have faded a bit.

We'll see what that means.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
October 23 2015 18:53 GMT
#1171
On October 24 2015 03:35 gumshoe wrote:
ebwop

yamato I'd like some answers to the following two question.

1: What did you find scummy about slam early on?

Show nested quote +
Slam I don't really agree on.



in response to

Show nested quote +
Slam and Hopeless are town why?


also what about hopeless? what made you read him as town? has anything changed?

you bore me

what do you think about them?

going back now and explaining why I thought those things at that time is pointless

not much has changed
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
October 23 2015 20:58 GMT
#1379
we're still lynching slam, right?

DotA has been distractingme
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
October 23 2015 20:59 GMT
#1382
On October 24 2015 05:58 Blazinghand wrote:
are you down for lynching 1gu?

no
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
October 24 2015 22:38 GMT
#1596
CS has consumed my life
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
October 25 2015 19:08 GMT
#1754
Alright guys, today I will not play CS and I will play mafia.

I have quite a bit of catching up to do lel.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
October 26 2015 03:20 GMT
#1863
yeah this obviously didn't happen today

at the very least I'll do a couple filters after work tomorrow but I'm honestly so disinterested in this game

I dunno, it's my fault really, but this wasn't as enjoyable as the last time I played for whatever reason

I think I lost it
Writer@WriterYamato
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 579
UpATreeSC 120
ProTech82
JuggernautJason33
MindelVK 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33054
Calm 3433
Shuttle 1115
actioN 223
firebathero 173
Dewaltoss 107
Hyuk 107
Barracks 106
Liquid`Ret 71
Hyun 31
[ Show more ]
Free 25
Bale 24
HiyA 24
Aegong 21
NaDa 21
soO 19
PianO 17
Shine 14
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8753
Dendi1164
XaKoH 387
Fuzer 107
League of Legends
KnowMe82
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1296
fl0m1163
x6flipin448
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu34
Other Games
singsing2034
FrodaN1464
Beastyqt709
ceh9417
B2W.Neo400
mouzStarbuck310
byalli194
Livibee187
C9.Mang0163
RotterdaM110
Trikslyr73
Mew2King57
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 60
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV422
Other Games
• Shiphtur847
• imaqtpie621
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 21m
Replay Cast
5h 6m
OSC
1d 5h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 16h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 23h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.