• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:16
CEST 03:16
KST 10:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7497 users

[M][N] Mini Mafia: The (kinda) Vanilla Experience - Page 17

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 40 Next All
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 24 2015 09:44 GMT
#1501
On October 24 2015 18:39 ritoky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2015 18:37 Xatalos wrote:
Well, it'd be nice to get an answer to my main questions before the deadline still.

1) WHY is rayn town based on meta?

2) What would be your "last will" (lynchlist) after all this? I guess it's fine if you answer this one closer to deadline.


1) marv has a meta read on rayn, he isn't going to tell you it because it would tip his hand to rayn in future games and he prides himself on his meta read which to some degree requires rayn to not know exactly what it is and fake it (my read on slam and damdred is the same)

2) if marv is going to do this, he will do it near the deadline and without you on his nuts.

as a spokesperson for marv inc. i can verify he supports these messages.


I don't really approve of this. I think it's the same as playing bad on purpose to make your future scum games easier.

However, I can somewhat approve waiting until close to deadline for read posts. It's just that I'd like to be able to read them before I die... Or well, if I don't, then I'll have to reconsider some things.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 24 2015 09:54 GMT
#1504
:D:D

From what I remember, marv does actually have some amazing scum games where he's played actively and fooled everyone until LYLO. We even talked about one such game in PMs a while ago. However, perhaps this is his current standard.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 24 2015 09:55 GMT
#1505
But anyways, I think ritoky is just almost certainly town after his casual participation in this highly volatile discussion topic.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 24 2015 10:04 GMT
#1507
On October 24 2015 18:58 ritoky wrote:
well i am dumpster tier, so if he is amazing scum this game i am gonna lose simply on the fact that there's 12 levels between us and i need to be carried to even glimpse his upskirt.

otherwise i am gonna stick to my gutter tier guns. trust the big dogs who can see the forest to find the 2 obvious mafia while i sheep them, meanwhile i will shepherd them away from lynch bait and toward the sneakster mafia i will eventually find and pummel to oblivion.

or i will just get carried to a loss/win like always.


Heh...

The risk with sheeping is if you pick a bad player to sheep. I mean if he's scum / off his game. After being so wrong on D1, I don't think marv deserves unlimited trust.

I say that, but it's not actually easy to be correct on D1. I suppose we'll see if marv starts to improve. It's maybe more his confidence in Slam being scum for flimsy reasons that bothers me. From what I remember of his town game, he often hesitates and reconsiders things even up to the final moments of a lynch.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 24 2015 10:10 GMT
#1509
rayn wasn't getting lynched at that point anyway, so I think it was universally a good choice to hop on Onegu.

Even if he's town, he's done way less than Slam. And his towniness is all but certain.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 24 2015 13:57 GMT
#1510
Well, maybe my new signature is going too far. But I'll keep it for a bit.

marv, I truly do respect you as a player and think you're perhaps the best player on TL overall. At least one of the best. I hope you realize that my suspicions towards you have been a sign of respect, not disrespect. Don't you think it's more disrespectful to assume that you can't play at all as scum? That no matter what, you couldn't put some sort of effort into the game unless you're town? That no matter if you push mislynches and defend scum, you must be town if you even bother to make posts?

I still don't think you're scum right now, but I think it's actually too disrespectful to say that you're 100% town for your play so far. It would mean you're 100% incapable of actually playing as town, and I think that's too much of an assumption, even if you're burned out.

In addition, I think I was being reasonably polite in this game overall until you had repeatedly insulted me for several pages. If it was someone like rayn on the receiving end, I think he would have already snapped and got himself modkilled. Instead, I just got a little payback by insulting your Slam read (which I think was reasonably justified to do). If you're truly unable to continue playing if I show you a little respect by assuming you're not 100% incapable of playing as scum, and give you a rather meek payback for your insults, I don't think I'm the one at fault in that situation. Well, maybe a bit, but I'm not a saint either who can take abuse endlessly and never say anything.

I guess it all started with our disagreement over rayn. I assume you have some sort of a godly meta read on him that you don't want to share, but I can't just blindly sheep your enigmatic meta read if other things point at rayn being scum and even you YOURSELF aren't completely sure about rayn.

With that, I hope you can continue to play normally and possibly even show me a minimum level of consideration. Well, even just playing would be good.

If you're scum, you're of course free to start lurking.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 24 2015 14:10 GMT
#1512
On October 24 2015 18:24 ritoky wrote:
if i were the sole vote to lynch tomorrow, as of now it would be between yamato, rayn, and GB.

rayn cuz i am basically not reading what he types and his reads sucked.
yamato cuz he is hovering around the fringes of the game, or maybe that's just my perception.
GB cuz i have played a lot with him and he has no strong opinion on me, and actually i would say he seems to be actively avoiding talking about me; i feel he should have a stronger opinion. he is top disappointment atm.

if i were in magical vigi land i would probably shoot onegu cuz yolo free info.


This list isn't actually a bad one... Although I doubt rayn/GB could be scum together, but individually each one is plausible as scum.

All in all, ritoky might actually be my strongest townread right now. Followed by Vivax, I think. I'm also leaning towards gumshoe being town and BH still has townie factors.

What do you think about Chromatically/Onegu/Hopeless though, ritoky?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 24 2015 14:15 GMT
#1513
And yeah, no matter what, I don't think marv should be the lynch tomorrow. He has at least tried to play so far which is more than he had done in his last scumgames.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 24 2015 14:19 GMT
#1514
If I die tonight... Seriously consider my reads, even if you think I'm terrible. Because scum will probably kill the most threatening (=correct/convincing) player tonight unless they feel very secure to WIFOM around. I think there's a reasonable chance it's me, or it could be marv if he's town (just based on his fame). ritoky isn't impossible either. Inactive players hardly make sense as kills when there are no blues.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 24 2015 14:37 GMT
#1515
On October 24 2015 05:18 ritoky wrote:
##vote: alakaslam

cuz BH said so.


Meh... This is one thing I don't like too much about ritoky though. Just a moment earlier he said he didn't buy Slam being scum ("it doesn't come along").
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 24 2015 14:40 GMT
#1516
Just before ritoky had also said that rayn's posts weren't worth reading and his reads were bullshit :/ So why sheep his read?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 24 2015 14:41 GMT
#1517
Meh... I guess I'll slightly drop ritoky'so evaluation.

I still like his posts tonight too much to drop him to null.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 24 2015 14:54 GMT
#1518
(To be fair ritoky didn't directly sheep rayn, but still sided to lynch rayn's target - whom he didn't believe to be scum - over rayn, whom he thought was just bullshitting reads)
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 24 2015 14:55 GMT
#1519
I guess it's a bit of salvation that he ended up hopping to Onegu, in the end.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 24 2015 15:00 GMT
#1521
On October 24 2015 23:56 GlowingBear wrote:
Why are you guys considering teams when no one has been lynched yet?

Xata you don't think Rayn is scum?


Hm?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 24 2015 15:02 GMT
#1522
Not sure where you would get that picture GB?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 24 2015 15:16 GMT
#1526
That wasn't a scumteam, it was just asking his opinion on several players.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 24 2015 15:27 GMT
#1528
On October 25 2015 00:24 gumshoe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2015 00:04 GlowingBear wrote:
On October 25 2015 00:02 Xatalos wrote:
Not sure where you would get that picture GB?


You've asked Ritoky if he agreed on a team that didn't have Rayn


Dont badger him, this is progress.


Lol
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 24 2015 17:22 GMT
#1533
Hmmm... Well, it's still kind of unnecessary and risky to cause shenanigans at the deadline when things are already going as they want. Naturally it's not so bad if every candidate was town anyway, but again, I doubt it.

Chromatically... I'm undecided about right now. It kind of feels like he puts a constant effort into the game, and does stuff, but none of it's that impactful. I guess it's the fact that it's hard to see anything that couldn't be from scum, and that's always concerning combined with activity. Still, it's not like there's anything decisively scummy....

marv made some meta point against Chromatically that didn't really feel convincing... Hmm.

I guess it's wait and see. If I had to say, I guess I'd say he's scum (PoE / a bit too underwhelming considering the activity), but it's not strong enough to assert he has to be scum, and there's still the whole D2 to see from him.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 24 2015 17:54 GMT
#1534
Without a godly counter-reason from marv, I still think rayn has the highest chances of flipping scum. There are just too many things that don't make sense from town rayn.

1) Giving hard town reads with too much ease and certainty considering the thread content - mainly talking abut ritoky and GB here - which suggests TMI and the confidence that only scum would have with perfect information

2) Reverting said town reads and 100% scumreading those players based on the same filters he earlier used to call them town (sheeping thread sentiment) - this suggests he's not reading the thread and/or his views are decided by the flow of the votes rather than facts

3) Calling me 100% scum because of my vote on him, just like last time he was scum against me (it literally went into full OMGUS mode after he noticed it both here and there)

4) Constantly misrepresenting Slam's play as "trolling" when, in fact, Slam was extremely serious and insightful here compared to his usual self (just looking like an excuse for why the lynch wasn't bad when it actually was)

5) There's really nothing noteworthy or even passable in rayn's posts yet.. He pushed clear town Slam and clear town Xatalos for flimsy reasoning, and he hasn't really done anything since....

Much better should be expected from town rayn, and all this falls in line with his scum play.

It's not 100%, so don't just blindly lynch him, but I think it's the best option at the moment. That's my last will.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 40 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 177
ProTech120
Nathanias 96
RuFF_SC2 59
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15605
Rain 1585
GuemChi 894
Artosis 704
Bale 14
Dota 2
monkeys_forever479
Counter-Strike
taco 214
minikerr32
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1018
Mew2King98
Other Games
summit1g7173
JimRising 506
WinterStarcraft480
C9.Mang0176
ViBE125
Trikslyr49
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick853
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream49
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 100
• davetesta25
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra563
• Shiphtur406
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
8h 44m
INu's Battles
9h 44m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
11h 44m
OSC
20h 59m
Replay Cast
21h 44m
OSC
1d 21h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.