• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:38
CEST 10:38
KST 17:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202616Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7777 users

[M][N] Completely Normal Generic Mini Mafia - Page 63

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 61 62 63 64 65 170 Next
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
September 16 2015 13:07 GMT
#1241
@jat do you think it's within your mafia range to attack a town marv like you've just done?
Computer says mafia
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 16 2015 13:08 GMT
#1242
Moosey isn't GB, him making a mistake doesn't make him mafia. And honestly its a bit...below the bar for you rayn. Even with the reason.

jat looks like shit still, there was one point he looked towny though. But his ransom pushing on Marv for nai stuff is just crappy. And obviously Marv is going to omgus jat here that's what Marv does early teehee

Marv never reads me (.

And people poking about a drop off are kinda....stupid to a degreee, I'm never really spammy. Oh well
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 16 2015 13:10 GMT
#1243
On September 16 2015 22:08 Damdred wrote:
Moosey isn't GB, him making a mistake doesn't make him mafia. And honestly its a bit...below the bar for you rayn. Even with the reason.

kindly said... shut up.
first of all that's not what i am talking about and second, i would have never brought anything up if he didn't start it.
I am refusing to not use information that is presented in this thread to make a read. It is as simple as that.
table for two on a tv tray
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
September 16 2015 13:11 GMT
#1244
@rayn

In order to scumread moosy I have to assume way more of his scumgame than I'd normally apply to a guy playing his second game. There is a reason I'm generally good at reading new players, it's because they are usually fairly transparent. It's only when people have played a bunch of games that they start to have a layered approach to mafia. To borrow terminology from another mafia community:

Level 1 mafia is very unlikely to:

1) admit he's been scummy by calling people townreading him suspicious
2) intentionally misremember things or do bad things and expect townreads in return

You're basically asking us to assume moosy is at least level 2 scum. (I still haven't figured out what guys mean when they say levels beyond 1 and 2...)
Computer says mafia
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 16 2015 13:12 GMT
#1245
i don't even know what levels are
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
MoosyDoosy
Profile Joined November 2014
United States4519 Posts
September 16 2015 13:15 GMT
#1246
On September 16 2015 22:11 Palmar wrote:
@rayn

In order to scumread moosy I have to assume way more of his scumgame than I'd normally apply to a guy playing his second game. There is a reason I'm generally good at reading new players, it's because they are usually fairly transparent. It's only when people have played a bunch of games that they start to have a layered approach to mafia. To borrow terminology from another mafia community:

Level 1 mafia is very unlikely to:

1) admit he's been scummy by calling people townreading him suspicious
2) intentionally misremember things or do bad things and expect townreads in return

You're basically asking us to assume moosy is at least level 2 scum. (I still haven't figured out what guys mean when they say levels beyond 1 and 2...)

Actually, when I am Mafia, I do try and replicate my town game as much as possible. Also, this is not my second game. It's my ...6th game? 5th game? Not too sure.

Like just lynch me lol. I'd love to see rayn face palm and shit all over the thread and blame it all on me saying it's my fault I made no sense.
"Just a second too late rsoultin :D" - My 4k Guardian post
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 16 2015 13:15 GMT
#1247
like rayn, i can sense you getting frustrated because people (e.g. me) aren't "getting" what you're trying to say, but you kinda need to break it down better and explain to me like i am a small child (which is often true anyways)

like you're saying there are things that townies shouldn't be saying/thinking, but I'm more seeing someone who likes to fuck about a bit and is all over the place. where does one become the other? how?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 16 2015 13:16 GMT
#1248
On September 16 2015 22:15 MoosyDoosy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2015 22:11 Palmar wrote:
@rayn

In order to scumread moosy I have to assume way more of his scumgame than I'd normally apply to a guy playing his second game. There is a reason I'm generally good at reading new players, it's because they are usually fairly transparent. It's only when people have played a bunch of games that they start to have a layered approach to mafia. To borrow terminology from another mafia community:

Level 1 mafia is very unlikely to:

1) admit he's been scummy by calling people townreading him suspicious
2) intentionally misremember things or do bad things and expect townreads in return

You're basically asking us to assume moosy is at least level 2 scum. (I still haven't figured out what guys mean when they say levels beyond 1 and 2...)

Actually, when I am Mafia, I do try and replicate my town game as much as possible. Also, this is not my second game. It's my ...6th game? 5th game? Not too sure.

Like just lynch me lol. I'd love to see rayn face palm and shit all over the thread and blame it all on me saying it's my fault I made no sense.

you said you never rolled mafia before?!?!

omg don't make me go on to this agian
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 16 2015 13:16 GMT
#1249
Yeah I'm just not going to play until deadline was told to shut up by the great rayn.

Marvs right about waffle though
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
September 16 2015 13:17 GMT
#1250
On September 16 2015 22:12 marvellosity wrote:
i don't even know what levels are

I just saw people use it in that 80 player game I played in.

The idea is that a level 1 player will be very straightforward. For example LightningStrike is permanently on level 1. Level 1 play is often very good play, but it simply means playing mafia like you'd expect. Try not to act suspicious, try to blend in, shoot the townies who are right, don't try to wifom/big play.

Any levels beyond that seem to be when you start to do things that don't make sense on the surface. An example is to do something too scummy to be scum, to shoot people who townread you and try to wifom that into bending other players to you etc etc.
Computer says mafia
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 16 2015 13:18 GMT
#1251
ok. that's probably what bugs meant when i first came on to the scene. he described that i had a natural flair for doing what mafia "shouldn't" do right from the get go.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
September 16 2015 13:18 GMT
#1252
On September 16 2015 22:15 MoosyDoosy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2015 22:11 Palmar wrote:
@rayn

In order to scumread moosy I have to assume way more of his scumgame than I'd normally apply to a guy playing his second game. There is a reason I'm generally good at reading new players, it's because they are usually fairly transparent. It's only when people have played a bunch of games that they start to have a layered approach to mafia. To borrow terminology from another mafia community:

Level 1 mafia is very unlikely to:

1) admit he's been scummy by calling people townreading him suspicious
2) intentionally misremember things or do bad things and expect townreads in return

You're basically asking us to assume moosy is at least level 2 scum. (I still haven't figured out what guys mean when they say levels beyond 1 and 2...)

Actually, when I am Mafia, I do try and replicate my town game as much as possible. Also, this is not my second game. It's my ...6th game? 5th game? Not too sure.

Like just lynch me lol. I'd love to see rayn face palm and shit all over the thread and blame it all on me saying it's my fault I made no sense.

Trying is very different to succeeding.
Computer says mafia
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 16 2015 13:18 GMT
#1253
On September 16 2015 22:16 Damdred wrote:
Yeah I'm just not going to play until deadline was told to shut up by the great rayn.

Marvs right about waffle though

which bit?

the stuff in his list post, or the bit where i waffle about him ^^
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
MoosyDoosy
Profile Joined November 2014
United States4519 Posts
September 16 2015 13:18 GMT
#1254
On September 16 2015 22:16 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2015 22:15 MoosyDoosy wrote:
On September 16 2015 22:11 Palmar wrote:
@rayn

In order to scumread moosy I have to assume way more of his scumgame than I'd normally apply to a guy playing his second game. There is a reason I'm generally good at reading new players, it's because they are usually fairly transparent. It's only when people have played a bunch of games that they start to have a layered approach to mafia. To borrow terminology from another mafia community:

Level 1 mafia is very unlikely to:

1) admit he's been scummy by calling people townreading him suspicious
2) intentionally misremember things or do bad things and expect townreads in return

You're basically asking us to assume moosy is at least level 2 scum. (I still haven't figured out what guys mean when they say levels beyond 1 and 2...)

Actually, when I am Mafia, I do try and replicate my town game as much as possible. Also, this is not my second game. It's my ...6th game? 5th game? Not too sure.

Like just lynch me lol. I'd love to see rayn face palm and shit all over the thread and blame it all on me saying it's my fault I made no sense.

you said you never rolled mafia before?!?!

omg don't make me go on to this agian

:D That's an understanding between me and rayn. I think it's quite touching because I think he's perceiving me as a threat based on our understanding and is scared of me. ho hum.
"Just a second too late rsoultin :D" - My 4k Guardian post
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 16 2015 13:19 GMT
#1255
On September 16 2015 22:16 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2015 22:15 MoosyDoosy wrote:
On September 16 2015 22:11 Palmar wrote:
@rayn

In order to scumread moosy I have to assume way more of his scumgame than I'd normally apply to a guy playing his second game. There is a reason I'm generally good at reading new players, it's because they are usually fairly transparent. It's only when people have played a bunch of games that they start to have a layered approach to mafia. To borrow terminology from another mafia community:

Level 1 mafia is very unlikely to:

1) admit he's been scummy by calling people townreading him suspicious
2) intentionally misremember things or do bad things and expect townreads in return

You're basically asking us to assume moosy is at least level 2 scum. (I still haven't figured out what guys mean when they say levels beyond 1 and 2...)

Actually, when I am Mafia, I do try and replicate my town game as much as possible. Also, this is not my second game. It's my ...6th game? 5th game? Not too sure.

Like just lynch me lol. I'd love to see rayn face palm and shit all over the thread and blame it all on me saying it's my fault I made no sense.

you said you never rolled mafia before?!?!

omg don't make me go on to this agian

like i really need an answer to this, because i managed to let it go but now you're saying something different than you did before in the game.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 16 2015 13:20 GMT
#1256
On September 16 2015 22:18 MoosyDoosy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2015 22:16 marvellosity wrote:
On September 16 2015 22:15 MoosyDoosy wrote:
On September 16 2015 22:11 Palmar wrote:
@rayn

In order to scumread moosy I have to assume way more of his scumgame than I'd normally apply to a guy playing his second game. There is a reason I'm generally good at reading new players, it's because they are usually fairly transparent. It's only when people have played a bunch of games that they start to have a layered approach to mafia. To borrow terminology from another mafia community:

Level 1 mafia is very unlikely to:

1) admit he's been scummy by calling people townreading him suspicious
2) intentionally misremember things or do bad things and expect townreads in return

You're basically asking us to assume moosy is at least level 2 scum. (I still haven't figured out what guys mean when they say levels beyond 1 and 2...)

Actually, when I am Mafia, I do try and replicate my town game as much as possible. Also, this is not my second game. It's my ...6th game? 5th game? Not too sure.

Like just lynch me lol. I'd love to see rayn face palm and shit all over the thread and blame it all on me saying it's my fault I made no sense.

you said you never rolled mafia before?!?!

omg don't make me go on to this agian

:D That's an understanding between me and rayn. I think it's quite touching because I think he's perceiving me as a threat based on our understanding and is scared of me. ho hum.

what?

can you just answer me why you said

1) you didn't roll mafia before
2) you did roll mafia before

?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
September 16 2015 13:22 GMT
#1257
On September 16 2015 22:18 marvellosity wrote:
ok. that's probably what bugs meant when i first came on to the scene. he described that i had a natural flair for doing what mafia "shouldn't" do right from the get go.

Take Damdred this game as an example.

Level 1 mafia damdred tries to blend in, is not very helpful and doesn't really commit to shit. He's in general boring, hardly visible and shit. This is how I caught him in Imperial, but I've also taken him for mafia as town based on the same things.

This game damdred comes riding in throwing townreads around like they're candy. What does this mean?

If we assume damdred is level 1 mafia, he must now be town because he's not playing like mafia.
If we assume damdred is capable of level 2 mafia, he might still be scum.

In general I never try to lynch mafia beyond level 1 on day 1, because 90% of mafia are level 1 anyway (this usually includes myself too...)
Computer says mafia
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 16 2015 13:22 GMT
#1258
About the post its scummy
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
September 16 2015 13:24 GMT
#1259
also people assuming level 2 play when none exist is the standard rage-inducing thing that happens when people try to lynch me on later days. Especially when I was right on previous days.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
September 16 2015 13:26 GMT
#1260
also holy shit lol, marv is right.

the guy literally claimed to have an idea of how he plays mafia after assuring us he'd never rolled mafia.
Computer says mafia
Prev 1 61 62 63 64 65 170 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 14h 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3179
Soma 346
Rush 271
Killer 93
ToSsGirL 86
Mong 71
Shinee 47
Counter-Strike
olofmeister700
byalli597
ceh9539
shoxiejesuss417
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King111
Other Games
summit1g7466
WinterStarcraft564
Happy362
Sick331
dupreeh290
crisheroes172
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 43
• killerbeecast3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1350
• Stunt431
Upcoming Events
OSC
14h 22m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 1h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 8h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 10h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.