• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:26
CEST 23:26
KST 06:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8147 users

[M][N] Completely Normal Generic Mini Mafia - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 168 169 170 Next
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-09 10:30:28
September 09 2015 10:30 GMT
#21
On September 09 2015 19:18 Half the Sky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2015 19:13 disformation wrote:
/obs


##vote disformation

We miss you :p


Deadline for my thesis is in exactly 4 weeks and I still have a bunch left to do. Sometimes I wish I wasn't a procrastinator.
Can't wait until I am done and play a round of mafia without worrying about time constraints.

Edit: also: <3
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
September 09 2015 11:00 GMT
#22
On September 09 2015 19:30 disformation wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2015 19:18 Half the Sky wrote:
On September 09 2015 19:13 disformation wrote:
/obs


##vote disformation

We miss you :p


Deadline for my thesis is in exactly 4 weeks and I still have a bunch left to do. Sometimes I wish I wasn't a procrastinator.
Can't wait until I am done and play a round of mafia without worrying about time constraints.

Edit: also: <3

What kind of thesis?
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
September 09 2015 11:52 GMT
#23
On September 09 2015 20:00 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2015 19:30 disformation wrote:
On September 09 2015 19:18 Half the Sky wrote:
On September 09 2015 19:13 disformation wrote:
/obs


##vote disformation

We miss you :p


Deadline for my thesis is in exactly 4 weeks and I still have a bunch left to do. Sometimes I wish I wasn't a procrastinator.
Can't wait until I am done and play a round of mafia without worrying about time constraints.

Edit: also: <3

What kind of thesis?


Master thesis in computer science.
Working on a project to continuously authenticate the identity of a person while working on a PC/laptop/workstation using face recognition and keystroke dynamics. The new ideas being how to model this and handle it in an asynchronous manner.

The thing greatly annoying me is that I have to collect a whole bunch of data from ppl to properly evaluate the system and the nature/volume of said data makes ppl way more unwilling to help than I initially expected. And I really have to get on ppls nerves to remember doing so, even after they agreed to help... Will probably barely be able to reach an acceptable level of participants and my evaluation will be super late... like 2 weeks before the deadline late, which is kinda risky.
Otherwise there won't be stuff to worry about. Will finish the programming part within the next few days and have around 3 and 1/2 weeks left for writing, which will be absolutely no problem, since I already wrote a big chunk of the thesis (most of the boring state-of-the-art stuff and the overview of the system).
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
September 09 2015 12:23 GMT
#24
On September 09 2015 20:52 disformation wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2015 20:00 justanothertownie wrote:
On September 09 2015 19:30 disformation wrote:
On September 09 2015 19:18 Half the Sky wrote:
On September 09 2015 19:13 disformation wrote:
/obs


##vote disformation

We miss you :p


Deadline for my thesis is in exactly 4 weeks and I still have a bunch left to do. Sometimes I wish I wasn't a procrastinator.
Can't wait until I am done and play a round of mafia without worrying about time constraints.

Edit: also: <3

What kind of thesis?


Master thesis in computer science.
Working on a project to continuously authenticate the identity of a person while working on a PC/laptop/workstation using face recognition and keystroke dynamics. The new ideas being how to model this and handle it in an asynchronous manner.

The thing greatly annoying me is that I have to collect a whole bunch of data from ppl to properly evaluate the system and the nature/volume of said data makes ppl way more unwilling to help than I initially expected. And I really have to get on ppls nerves to remember doing so, even after they agreed to help... Will probably barely be able to reach an acceptable level of participants and my evaluation will be super late... like 2 weeks before the deadline late, which is kinda risky.
Otherwise there won't be stuff to worry about. Will finish the programming part within the next few days and have around 3 and 1/2 weeks left for writing, which will be absolutely no problem, since I already wrote a big chunk of the thesis (most of the boring state-of-the-art stuff and the overview of the system).

Yeah, sounds risky. I am quite happy that I do not depend this much on other people for my own thesis (chemistry).

What is the point of the project? Surveillance? Sounds kinda creepy.
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
September 09 2015 13:33 GMT
#25
On September 09 2015 21:23 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2015 20:52 disformation wrote:
On September 09 2015 20:00 justanothertownie wrote:
On September 09 2015 19:30 disformation wrote:
On September 09 2015 19:18 Half the Sky wrote:
On September 09 2015 19:13 disformation wrote:
/obs


##vote disformation

We miss you :p


Deadline for my thesis is in exactly 4 weeks and I still have a bunch left to do. Sometimes I wish I wasn't a procrastinator.
Can't wait until I am done and play a round of mafia without worrying about time constraints.

Edit: also: <3

What kind of thesis?


Master thesis in computer science.
Working on a project to continuously authenticate the identity of a person while working on a PC/laptop/workstation using face recognition and keystroke dynamics. The new ideas being how to model this and handle it in an asynchronous manner.

The thing greatly annoying me is that I have to collect a whole bunch of data from ppl to properly evaluate the system and the nature/volume of said data makes ppl way more unwilling to help than I initially expected. And I really have to get on ppls nerves to remember doing so, even after they agreed to help... Will probably barely be able to reach an acceptable level of participants and my evaluation will be super late... like 2 weeks before the deadline late, which is kinda risky.
Otherwise there won't be stuff to worry about. Will finish the programming part within the next few days and have around 3 and 1/2 weeks left for writing, which will be absolutely no problem, since I already wrote a big chunk of the thesis (most of the boring state-of-the-art stuff and the overview of the system).

Yeah, sounds risky. I am quite happy that I do not depend this much on other people for my own thesis (chemistry).

What is the point of the project? Surveillance? Sounds kinda creepy.


Yeah, if I have learned something, it is that I don't recommend taking topics where you other ppl for anything. xD
Most of the biometric recognition topics sound a bit 1984-esque tbh. xD
Problem is that most of these things can be used for surveillance although it is not the primary or intended purpose.
Application scenarios for my thesis are improving the security of systems/applications, which can be reached by not authorized persons.. E.g.:
An application with access to sensitive data on a company laptop. Terminals in semi-open areas (a lot of banks have such spaces). So if the intended user forgets to log off, or the login pw is on a note taped to the monitor, a not-authorized person uses the laptop/terminal he gets logged off pretty fast because his/her/its face and keystrokes don't match.
The keystroke stuff also doesn't reconstruct the typed text, it measures how long the keys are pressed and the latency between key pressed.
The thing is that keystroke dynamics are not that great alone, so we added face recognition (not constantly, but periodic) in the hopes of improving security.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 09 2015 14:01 GMT
#26
On September 09 2015 22:33 disformation wrote:
Problem is that most of these things can be used for surveillance although it is not the primary or intended purpose.

how many times have we heard that before
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
September 09 2015 14:18 GMT
#27
On September 09 2015 23:01 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2015 22:33 disformation wrote:
Problem is that most of these things can be used for surveillance although it is not the primary or intended purpose.

how many times have we heard that before

Yeah :/
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
September 09 2015 14:21 GMT
#28
On September 09 2015 23:01 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2015 22:33 disformation wrote:
Problem is that most of these things can be used for surveillance although it is not the primary or intended purpose.

how many times have we heard that before


Yeah I know. =/
Met a grad student who was working on a system for surveillance on demented old people in order to improve their daily lives. There would be several sensors in their homes and a wrist smartwatch. Based on the information gathered by the sensors the watch would tell them to move around a bit or drink more water and stuff. So the information contained like where in the house they were, the position of their bodies, how long they were in this position and so on...
Were the elderly ppl okay with the surveillance and does it help them improve their daily life? Yes verily.
Could the same technology be used to monitor people in their homes and administer electronic shocks via the smartwatch if they didn't behave? Yes verily.

So answering these kinds questions is super hard. In the end you can misuse or find a military application for nearly anything. Does this mean should we abandon research in various and huge fields?

That being said, I am not sure if I will continue to work with biometrics.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
September 09 2015 14:57 GMT
#29
/in
Computer says mafia
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
September 09 2015 17:25 GMT
#30
anything that can be used for good can also be used for evil and visa versa :^)

cant bother with pointless trivialities like that, better to focus on the product rather then people's intentions
I come in for the scraps
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
September 10 2015 09:49 GMT
#31
On September 09 2015 23:21 disformation wrote:
Were the elderly ppl okay with the surveillance and does it help them improve their daily life? Yes verily.
Could the same technology be used to monitor people in their homes and administer electronic shocks via the smartwatch if they didn't behave? Yes verily.

That's maybe not the most realistic example but if things like this get implemented I would be worried about insurances giving better conditions to people who let themselves be monitored for example. I guess this isn't a discussion meant for this thread though.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 10 2015 09:54 GMT
#32
On September 10 2015 18:49 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2015 23:21 disformation wrote:
Were the elderly ppl okay with the surveillance and does it help them improve their daily life? Yes verily.
Could the same technology be used to monitor people in their homes and administer electronic shocks via the smartwatch if they didn't behave? Yes verily.

That's maybe not the most realistic example but if things like this get implemented I would be worried about insurances giving better conditions to people who let themselves be monitored for example. I guess this isn't a discussion meant for this thread though.

Of course that would happen.

It already happens with driving.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 10 2015 09:55 GMT
#33
marv do you want to play?
table for two on a tv tray
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 10 2015 10:03 GMT
#34
i'm co-hosting with Plam and my weekends are still absolutely horrendous for being able to play :/
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 10 2015 10:04 GMT
#35
meh.. i would play if you would.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 10 2015 10:07 GMT
#36
I think you should play because Plammer again gave town a mafia rolecop.
table for two on a tv tray
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
September 10 2015 11:17 GMT
#37
On September 10 2015 19:04 raynpelikoneet wrote:
meh.. i would play if you would.

I might play if you both play :p
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 10 2015 11:47 GMT
#38
who caves first?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 10 2015 11:48 GMT
#39
/in

i believe in you
table for two on a tv tray
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 10 2015 11:50 GMT
#40
kinda feel like i just got trapped into this...

/in
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 168 169 170 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 34m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 242
SteadfastSC 148
Nina 105
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2294
910 61
Bale 14
Super Smash Bros
PPMD54
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu1040
Other Games
summit1g5977
Grubby2295
shahzam584
C9.Mang0184
Liquid`Ken2
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 67
• Hupsaiya 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 36
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21240
Other Games
• imaqtpie867
• Shiphtur241
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 34m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 34m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
13h 34m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.