• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:39
CEST 16:39
KST 23:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War525.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8027 users

Tropical Storm Mini Mafia - Page 47

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 122 Next
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-12 23:59:27
August 12 2015 23:56 GMT
#921
Vote Count

Trfel (1): Chezinu, VisceraEyes
Hopeless1der (4): raynpelikoneet, rsoultin, ruXxar, raynpelikoneet, Artanis[Xp], VisceraEyes, Vivax, Palmar
ruXxar (0): raynpelikoneet, Vivax, Vivax, Palmar
VisceraEyes (1): Artanis[XP], deconduo
deconduo (5): VisceraEyes, rsoultin, Artanis[Xp], VisceraEyes, prplhz, Hopeless1der, Palmar
Damdred (0): Palmar, prplhz, Vivax
Chezinu (0): prplhz

Not Voting (2): Trfel, Damdred,

Currently deconduo is set to be lynched.
Day 1 ends on
August 12 02:00 GMT (+00:00) in
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
August 12 2015 23:58 GMT
#922
That's like the shittiest vote count I have seen.
Computer says mafia
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
August 13 2015 00:00 GMT
#923
I'm really stoned ok
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
August 13 2015 00:02 GMT
#924
Vivax I don't understand why you're voting Hope1ess over deconduo. From your filter you've mentioned you mentioned something about how you don't think he's bussing? And you've sort of implied you think Hopeless might be town. Furthermore you've also prodded Deconduo on a few things which you didn't like, which you didn't do for Hopeless.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
August 13 2015 00:03 GMT
#925
On August 13 2015 09:02 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Vivax I don't understand why you're voting Hope1ess over deconduo. From your filter you've mentioned you mentioned something about how you don't think he's bussing? And you've sort of implied you think Hopeless might be town. Furthermore you've also prodded Deconduo on a few things which you didn't like, which you didn't do for Hopeless.


The things in my filter weren't reason enough for me to go after one of them, confident that he is scum. I'm just being pragmatic and removing the less informative of the two first, since I'm forced to choose one.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
August 13 2015 00:05 GMT
#926
On August 13 2015 04:57 ruXxar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2015 03:11 Trfel wrote:
ruXxar
In addition to the many inconsistencies in his play, ruXxar seems unwilling to interact with people and adjust his reads when presented with new information. He doesn't seem at all interested in asking questions to gain information. I don't see him putting effort into this game, pushing his reads, or using critical thinking.


I feel like this is a misrepresentation of my play.
In my opinion I've been interacting a lot, and have been adjusting reads and trying to consider different viewpoints.
I've been asking a decent amount of questions, even though some people refuse to answer.
I've also been pushing my reads which you can clearly see from the way the thread has been evolving.

The only thing here i agree with is that my critical thinking is not the sharpest.
I've already demonstrated using examples and quotes. Please show me counter-examples and/or why my examples are wrong.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
August 13 2015 00:06 GMT
#927
On August 13 2015 09:03 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2015 09:02 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Vivax I don't understand why you're voting Hope1ess over deconduo. From your filter you've mentioned you mentioned something about how you don't think he's bussing? And you've sort of implied you think Hopeless might be town. Furthermore you've also prodded Deconduo on a few things which you didn't like, which you didn't do for Hopeless.


The things in my filter weren't reason enough for me to go after one of them, confident that he is scum. I'm just being pragmatic and removing the less informative of the two first, since I'm forced to choose one.

So despite finding things you dislike in Deconduo's filter and not really doing so for Hopeless, you still prefer a Hopeless lynch because Deconduo is more likely to reveal his alignment later?

The way you phrase it, it kinda sounds like you do think Decon is slightly more likely to flip scum than hopeless.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
August 13 2015 00:08 GMT
#928
On August 13 2015 09:06 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2015 09:03 Vivax wrote:
On August 13 2015 09:02 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Vivax I don't understand why you're voting Hope1ess over deconduo. From your filter you've mentioned you mentioned something about how you don't think he's bussing? And you've sort of implied you think Hopeless might be town. Furthermore you've also prodded Deconduo on a few things which you didn't like, which you didn't do for Hopeless.


The things in my filter weren't reason enough for me to go after one of them, confident that he is scum. I'm just being pragmatic and removing the less informative of the two first, since I'm forced to choose one.

So despite finding things you dislike in Deconduo's filter and not really doing so for Hopeless, you still prefer a Hopeless lynch because Deconduo is more likely to reveal his alignment later?

The way you phrase it, it kinda sounds like you do think Decon is slightly more likely to flip scum than hopeless.


I won't change my decision. If you wanted to entrap me in something you are free to show off the catch.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
August 13 2015 00:09 GMT
#929
On August 13 2015 09:08 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2015 09:06 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On August 13 2015 09:03 Vivax wrote:
On August 13 2015 09:02 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Vivax I don't understand why you're voting Hope1ess over deconduo. From your filter you've mentioned you mentioned something about how you don't think he's bussing? And you've sort of implied you think Hopeless might be town. Furthermore you've also prodded Deconduo on a few things which you didn't like, which you didn't do for Hopeless.


The things in my filter weren't reason enough for me to go after one of them, confident that he is scum. I'm just being pragmatic and removing the less informative of the two first, since I'm forced to choose one.

So despite finding things you dislike in Deconduo's filter and not really doing so for Hopeless, you still prefer a Hopeless lynch because Deconduo is more likely to reveal his alignment later?

The way you phrase it, it kinda sounds like you do think Decon is slightly more likely to flip scum than hopeless.


I won't change my decision. If you wanted to entrap me in something you are free to show off the catch.

I'm not trying to entrap you into anything. I'm asking you if you think Deconduo is more likely to flip scum than Hopeless.

If the answer is no, then I presume the explanations Deconduo gave for his posts were satisfactory?
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
August 13 2015 00:10 GMT
#930
Hi, I'll probably just do the scummy thing and vote condor here and sheep thread sentiment mwha
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
August 13 2015 00:12 GMT
#931
On August 13 2015 09:09 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2015 09:08 Vivax wrote:
On August 13 2015 09:06 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On August 13 2015 09:03 Vivax wrote:
On August 13 2015 09:02 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Vivax I don't understand why you're voting Hope1ess over deconduo. From your filter you've mentioned you mentioned something about how you don't think he's bussing? And you've sort of implied you think Hopeless might be town. Furthermore you've also prodded Deconduo on a few things which you didn't like, which you didn't do for Hopeless.


The things in my filter weren't reason enough for me to go after one of them, confident that he is scum. I'm just being pragmatic and removing the less informative of the two first, since I'm forced to choose one.

So despite finding things you dislike in Deconduo's filter and not really doing so for Hopeless, you still prefer a Hopeless lynch because Deconduo is more likely to reveal his alignment later?

The way you phrase it, it kinda sounds like you do think Decon is slightly more likely to flip scum than hopeless.


I won't change my decision. If you wanted to entrap me in something you are free to show off the catch.

I'm not trying to entrap you into anything. I'm asking you if you think Deconduo is more likely to flip scum than Hopeless.

If the answer is no, then I presume the explanations Deconduo gave for his posts were satisfactory?


I didn't even take into consideration precisely what both of them did. I'm using shallow reasoning to choose between shallow options. Means whatever posts you are alluding to, I don't even care about them cause both of them feel like premature lynches.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
August 13 2015 00:12 GMT
#932
But I feel sorta guilty about getting a bit upset and not playing atm honestly. So lets play

hopeless are you here
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
August 13 2015 00:13 GMT
#933
On August 13 2015 09:12 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2015 09:09 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On August 13 2015 09:08 Vivax wrote:
On August 13 2015 09:06 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On August 13 2015 09:03 Vivax wrote:
On August 13 2015 09:02 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Vivax I don't understand why you're voting Hope1ess over deconduo. From your filter you've mentioned you mentioned something about how you don't think he's bussing? And you've sort of implied you think Hopeless might be town. Furthermore you've also prodded Deconduo on a few things which you didn't like, which you didn't do for Hopeless.


The things in my filter weren't reason enough for me to go after one of them, confident that he is scum. I'm just being pragmatic and removing the less informative of the two first, since I'm forced to choose one.

So despite finding things you dislike in Deconduo's filter and not really doing so for Hopeless, you still prefer a Hopeless lynch because Deconduo is more likely to reveal his alignment later?

The way you phrase it, it kinda sounds like you do think Decon is slightly more likely to flip scum than hopeless.


I won't change my decision. If you wanted to entrap me in something you are free to show off the catch.

I'm not trying to entrap you into anything. I'm asking you if you think Deconduo is more likely to flip scum than Hopeless.

If the answer is no, then I presume the explanations Deconduo gave for his posts were satisfactory?


I didn't even take into consideration precisely what both of them did. I'm using shallow reasoning to choose between shallow options. Means whatever posts you are alluding to, I don't even care about them cause both of them feel like premature lynches.

I don't understand why you wouldn't use all the information you have available to try and choose the person most likely to be scum. It sounds like you're just being lazy.
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
August 13 2015 00:14 GMT
#934
On August 13 2015 09:12 Damdred wrote:
But I feel sorta guilty about getting a bit upset and not playing atm honestly. So lets play

hopeless are you here

Hi
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
August 13 2015 00:14 GMT
#935
Btw everyone in pretty sure palmar is pretty sure to be town in this situation I think. That's subject to change but its there
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
August 13 2015 00:15 GMT
#936
On August 13 2015 09:14 Hopeless1der wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2015 09:12 Damdred wrote:
But I feel sorta guilty about getting a bit upset and not playing atm honestly. So lets play

hopeless are you here

Hi

how much of the thread have you read
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
August 13 2015 00:16 GMT
#937
effectively all of it, rereading because i went back a bunch to try and understand wtf ruxxar did when I peaced out last time.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
August 13 2015 00:17 GMT
#938
On August 13 2015 09:13 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2015 09:12 Vivax wrote:
On August 13 2015 09:09 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On August 13 2015 09:08 Vivax wrote:
On August 13 2015 09:06 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On August 13 2015 09:03 Vivax wrote:
On August 13 2015 09:02 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Vivax I don't understand why you're voting Hope1ess over deconduo. From your filter you've mentioned you mentioned something about how you don't think he's bussing? And you've sort of implied you think Hopeless might be town. Furthermore you've also prodded Deconduo on a few things which you didn't like, which you didn't do for Hopeless.


The things in my filter weren't reason enough for me to go after one of them, confident that he is scum. I'm just being pragmatic and removing the less informative of the two first, since I'm forced to choose one.

So despite finding things you dislike in Deconduo's filter and not really doing so for Hopeless, you still prefer a Hopeless lynch because Deconduo is more likely to reveal his alignment later?

The way you phrase it, it kinda sounds like you do think Decon is slightly more likely to flip scum than hopeless.


I won't change my decision. If you wanted to entrap me in something you are free to show off the catch.

I'm not trying to entrap you into anything. I'm asking you if you think Deconduo is more likely to flip scum than Hopeless.

If the answer is no, then I presume the explanations Deconduo gave for his posts were satisfactory?


I didn't even take into consideration precisely what both of them did. I'm using shallow reasoning to choose between shallow options. Means whatever posts you are alluding to, I don't even care about them cause both of them feel like premature lynches.

I don't understand why you wouldn't use all the information you have available to try and choose the person most likely to be scum. It sounds like you're just being lazy.


I am, cause these are not my favourite lynches. Spent all day on my lynch and I'm not getting it, so I don't have to explain to you why I pick one over the other with you suggesting I should have deeper reasons for my choice when I really didn't.

That's the entrapment: You ask of me if deconduo's posts are fine for me now as if it meant something for my choice when I have never even taken his posts into consideration. I've read through both of them and decided for myself that I would prefer another lynch, but I can't get it so I'll find a reason that affects the future game (how active I expect them to be). If I had a reason for one of them being mafia then I would use that and not this practical decision.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
August 13 2015 00:20 GMT
#939
On August 13 2015 09:17 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2015 09:13 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On August 13 2015 09:12 Vivax wrote:
On August 13 2015 09:09 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On August 13 2015 09:08 Vivax wrote:
On August 13 2015 09:06 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On August 13 2015 09:03 Vivax wrote:
On August 13 2015 09:02 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Vivax I don't understand why you're voting Hope1ess over deconduo. From your filter you've mentioned you mentioned something about how you don't think he's bussing? And you've sort of implied you think Hopeless might be town. Furthermore you've also prodded Deconduo on a few things which you didn't like, which you didn't do for Hopeless.


The things in my filter weren't reason enough for me to go after one of them, confident that he is scum. I'm just being pragmatic and removing the less informative of the two first, since I'm forced to choose one.

So despite finding things you dislike in Deconduo's filter and not really doing so for Hopeless, you still prefer a Hopeless lynch because Deconduo is more likely to reveal his alignment later?

The way you phrase it, it kinda sounds like you do think Decon is slightly more likely to flip scum than hopeless.


I won't change my decision. If you wanted to entrap me in something you are free to show off the catch.

I'm not trying to entrap you into anything. I'm asking you if you think Deconduo is more likely to flip scum than Hopeless.

If the answer is no, then I presume the explanations Deconduo gave for his posts were satisfactory?


I didn't even take into consideration precisely what both of them did. I'm using shallow reasoning to choose between shallow options. Means whatever posts you are alluding to, I don't even care about them cause both of them feel like premature lynches.

I don't understand why you wouldn't use all the information you have available to try and choose the person most likely to be scum. It sounds like you're just being lazy.


I am, cause these are not my favourite lynches. Spent all day on my lynch and I'm not getting it, so I don't have to explain to you why I pick one over the other with you suggesting I should have deeper reasons for my choice when I really didn't.

That's the entrapment: You ask of me if deconduo's posts are fine for me now as if it meant something for my choice when I have never even taken his posts into consideration. I've read through both of them and decided for myself that I would prefer another lynch, but I can't get it so I'll find a reason that affects the future game (how active I expect them to be). If I had a reason for one of them being mafia then I would use that and not this practical decision.

Look, it's pretty simple. Town wants to lynch mafia. Even if you didn't get your preferred lynch, you should still try to get the lynch that is most likely to get scum. I don't understand why you're trying to resist doing that in favour of some arbitrary decision based on information when there already is information to work with.

Anyway, I'm off to bed.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
August 13 2015 00:21 GMT
#940
Hopeless1der, do you have any thoughts to share at all?
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 122 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 428
TKL 257
CranKy Ducklings188
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Serral 1114
TKL 257
ProTech134
Rex 121
MindelVK 21
EmSc Tv 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 57471
Free 1916
Horang2 328
firebathero 240
Zeus 178
Trap 114
Last 113
Hyun 80
910 71
ToSsGirL 67
[ Show more ]
soO 30
Rock 21
Bishop 20
Aegong 20
Yoon 17
scan(afreeca) 17
Sacsri 11
Noble 11
Dota 2
Gorgc8214
Dendi907
XaKoH 447
420jenkins120
Counter-Strike
fl0m3412
byalli1736
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko436
Other Games
singsing2417
Mlord427
Beastyqt410
KnowMe184
DeMusliM114
Liquid`VortiX113
QueenE80
Hui .19
mouzStarbuck2
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV216
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 12
EmSc2Tv 12
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP29
• StrangeGG 28
• Dystopia_ 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 6
• FT.aCt)Sony1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2638
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1464
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
2h 21m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 21m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 21m
Patches Events
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
OSC
1d 8h
OSC
1d 21h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.