• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:47
CEST 06:47
KST 13:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8358 users

Newbie Student Mafia XI - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Kickstart
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1941 Posts
June 12 2015 01:09 GMT
#177
And town shouldn't really lie anyways. I don't know how ruxxar got in his mind that this game is about lying all over the place. Towns job is to not lie and be open and honest, only people that need to be thinking about lying this early are scum, save for some rare situations.
Kickstart
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1941 Posts
June 12 2015 01:17 GMT
#179
What case. The only case is that ruxxar misunderstood everything I said.

Just an fyi, I will tunnel people to hell and back who willfully misrepresent what I say. Ask Oats. Whenever he decides to show up that is.
Kickstart
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1941 Posts
June 12 2015 01:18 GMT
#180
Ruxxar is looking most scummy and sulfurus needlessly hoping on me as well is suspicious. Especially when he cites a non existent case as the reason.
Kickstart
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1941 Posts
June 12 2015 01:19 GMT
#181
People have been asking questions so I have been answering them. I mean its a newbie game for a reason. And you scum read me for that?????? This makes 0 sense.
Kickstart
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1941 Posts
June 12 2015 01:20 GMT
#183
##Unvote
##Vote Sulfurus


Explain your pointless vote you scummer.
Kickstart
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1941 Posts
June 12 2015 01:30 GMT
#190
Because I've had the urge to troll you since I came back to playing mafia Oats. I can't help myself. Don't worry though the 2 scums atm are ruxxar and sulfurus so you are not in my tunnel atm.
Kickstart
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1941 Posts
June 12 2015 01:31 GMT
#191
You gonna have to more succinctly explain the bats scum read cause Im not seeing it.
Kickstart
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1941 Posts
June 12 2015 01:34 GMT
#194
The rule is actuallywhoever votes Chezinu and doesn't know Chezinu is mafia. And since Chez isnt in this game the rule doesnt apply!
Kickstart
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1941 Posts
June 12 2015 01:36 GMT
#196
I believe the idea is roughly that Chezinu is a trolly poster so he comes off as an easy target, so scum team that doesn't know that Chezinu always trollposts see easy lynchbait and go on it.
Kickstart
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1941 Posts
June 12 2015 01:37 GMT
#197
Oats already making up stuff and casting votes based on the stuff he made up. You supposed to be one of the experienced player mang what is you doing.
Kickstart
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1941 Posts
June 12 2015 01:45 GMT
#201
suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure. we ALL believe you.

Anyways I got no read off of what bats has done. What you think of the ruxxar situation.
Kickstart
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1941 Posts
June 12 2015 01:46 GMT
#202
Also the 2 people who scumread me peaced out of the thread. How dare they.
Kickstart
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1941 Posts
June 12 2015 02:16 GMT
#218
Here's something of a mini-case on why I am scum reading ruXxar atm.

First several posts he seems quite concerned about the scum team! Why is this. This doesn't seem to be normal new town player concerns to me.
On June 12 2015 07:22 ruXxar wrote:
Well if the mafia are just going to lynch themselves then this should be an easy game!

On June 12 2015 07:26 ruXxar wrote:
I actually believe in the right of individual freedom, so as long as the mafia just stick to themselves and don't hurt anyone, I don't mind having them around .

*slaps himself*

No, stop daydreaming ruxx!


Then there was his answering question slip which has been the topic of much debate. It is really weird because I said I don't like people answering questions directed at others, Trfel asks me why, and then ruxx answers -______-. I think a townie would read that and be wary of answering because they see me saying that answering for others is a bad thing. My take on it is that ruxx maybe saw an easy opportunity to seem helpful and didn't even pay attention to the interaction going on there.
On June 12 2015 07:36 ruXxar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2015 07:32 Trfel wrote:
On June 12 2015 07:18 Kickstart wrote:
A friendly PSA: I don't like lurkers or liers or people who answer questions directed at other people.
Why don't you like it when people answer questions directed at others?


Usually you want to hear the reasoning of the person you're asking.

If someone answers the question before him, you potentially open up for someone else to make a logical conclusion beforehand, and then the guy the question was directed at get an easy bandwagon onto that guys conclusions.

At least that is what I think.


Another post which doesn't seem like a town mindset at all to me. Why would town try to defend lying. This seems like scum saying "lying is ok" but trying to make it seem like something town just does all the time too, it isn't, and this is scum mindset imo.
On June 12 2015 07:39 ruXxar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2015 07:18 Kickstart wrote:
A friendly PSA: I don't like lurkers or liers or people who answer questions directed at other people.


Why don't you like liars?
Lying is a powerful tool that when used in the right situation can greatly benefit one's interests.
This goes for both sides.
Deception is not a thing reserved only for mafia.

What you meant to say is that you don't like liars that have conflicting interests from you.


And yet another on the lying thing that I just don't see a townie making. This just stinks of scum mindset to me again.
On June 12 2015 08:04 ruXxar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2015 07:56 Trfel wrote:
On June 12 2015 07:54 ruXxar wrote:
On June 12 2015 07:50 Trfel wrote:
On June 12 2015 07:46 ruXxar wrote:
On June 12 2015 07:41 Trfel wrote:
On June 12 2015 07:36 ruXxar wrote:
On June 12 2015 07:32 Trfel wrote:
On June 12 2015 07:18 Kickstart wrote:
A friendly PSA: I don't like lurkers or liers or people who answer questions directed at other people.
Why don't you like it when people answer questions directed at others?


Usually you want to hear the reasoning of the person you're asking.

If someone answers the question before him, you potentially open up for someone else to make a logical conclusion beforehand, and then the guy the question was directed at get an easy bandwagon onto that guys conclusions.

At least that is what I think.
........

The "at least that is what I think" pushes it over the top. I could see it as a joke, but then there's no reason to include the last sentence. It's either inherently contradictory or unnecessarily cautious.

Scum lean.


What I meant by the last sentence was that that was my number one assumption of why he made that statement.
I won't pretend to be a mind reader, but I find it strange that he throws out unsubstantiated claims like that.

So far kickstart is a scumlean for me.
Wait....

So you are serious about your explanation for not answering a question directed at someone else, because it helps them answer the question if they are scum. But in saying this, you answered a question directed at someone else, your scum read?

This explanation is going to be good.


Yes my answer was serious.

I see now how that actually denied us information from kick start.
It was a mistake on my part to actually answer that question.


Can you please clarify, why are you scumreading Kickstart?


I didn't like his statement about not liking liars.

This whole game is based on the concept of deception.
If you don't like that aspect of the game, why are you here?
You might claim that you like hunting lying mafia,
But it's not a given beforehand what role you will be, so that doesn't make sense either.

I have no prior info about any of the players here, so he might have some personal conviction for why he said that, but to me it didn't seem like a genuine well thought through statement.



And here is a ton of WIFOM that is literally useless to town. Ended with a pointless question to me. Again to me it is just obvious why as town you don't like people to lie, I even explained a few times what I meant by the statement, so he is either not reading or pressing a nonsensical point.
On June 12 2015 08:43 ruXxar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2015 08:19 Trfel wrote:
ruXxar

1. Answered a question directed to someone else, while explaining why answering questions directed at others hurts town
+ Show Spoiler +
On June 12 2015 07:36 ruXxar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2015 07:32 Trfel wrote:
On June 12 2015 07:18 Kickstart wrote:
A friendly PSA: I don't like lurkers or liers or people who answer questions directed at other people.
Why don't you like it when people answer questions directed at others?


Usually you want to hear the reasoning of the person you're asking.

If someone answers the question before him, you potentially open up for someone else to make a logical conclusion beforehand, and then the guy the question was directed at get an easy bandwagon onto that guys conclusions.

At least that is what I think.
RuXxar provided a reasonable explanation for why it is bad to answer questions directed at other people. However, this explanation was an answer to my question directed at Kickstart. In this very post, he's doing why he says that this is bad.

He's confident enough to ignore any potential purpose that I had for this question, confident enough in Kickstart's alignment that he doesn't want to hear Kickstart's answer, but not confident enough to leave the post without stating that this is what he thinks, implying that he could be wrong.


2. The person he answered a question for is now his scumread
+ Show Spoiler +
On June 12 2015 07:46 ruXxar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2015 07:41 Trfel wrote:
On June 12 2015 07:36 ruXxar wrote:
On June 12 2015 07:32 Trfel wrote:
On June 12 2015 07:18 Kickstart wrote:
A friendly PSA: I don't like lurkers or liers or people who answer questions directed at other people.
Why don't you like it when people answer questions directed at others?


Usually you want to hear the reasoning of the person you're asking.

If someone answers the question before him, you potentially open up for someone else to make a logical conclusion beforehand, and then the guy the question was directed at get an easy bandwagon onto that guys conclusions.

At least that is what I think.
........

The "at least that is what I think" pushes it over the top. I could see it as a joke, but then there's no reason to include the last sentence. It's either inherently contradictory or unnecessarily cautious.

Scum lean.


What I meant by the last sentence was that that was my number one assumption of why he made that statement.
I won't pretend to be a mind reader, but I find it strange that he throws out unsubstantiated claims like that.

So far kickstart is a scumlean for me.
When he is questioned, ruxXar throws out a scum lean. However, he does this on Kickstart, the same player he just answered a question for.

Imagine that ruXxar is town. He sees Kickstart make a post, but doesn't try to look into his alignment. Then he sees me (Trfel) ask a question to Kickstart about that post, then immediately answers the question without stopping to realize that this is the same behavior criticized in his explanation (and he realizes that his play hurt town here). Only after answering my question to Kickstart does he bother to actually think about Kickstart's alignment.

I can't see this coming from a town mindset, from someone who is actually interested in determining people's alignments.

Furthermore, he hasn't made any alignment-related comments about anyone in the game other than Kickstart.


RuXxar is being contradictory, cautious, and is showing a mindset that isn't towny at all. He's not interested in thinking about people's alignments.


I beg to differ.

I've been leading an open and active discussion, answering and asking questions.
If I was scum I would be very careful not to expose myself like that.
I already admitted that I missed the logical inconsistency in answering kick starts question.

If I had been mafia then I would have been way more careful in considering my response and not make such an obvious error.

The only one that has made any statements that I don't understand / agree with so far is kick start.
He's also dodged my question so far.

Show nested quote +
Liers means if you say you are going to do something but don't when it comes to forum mafia. Also good job breaking one of my rules,


He only explained what it means, not why he said it.

So @ kickstart.

Please explain why you don't like liars.


On its own this post isn't too bad but coupled with his general tone I think this just adds to it. A tell that a lot of new scum players fall for is proclaiming their inexperience. He does this a lot in his earlier posts in the way of justifying various things because of not knowing the game or the players, and in this post he does it again when it is needless imo. Saying I agree would have sufficed but for some reason he feels the need to proclaim his inexperience, something that everyone in the game knows.
On June 12 2015 08:53 ruXxar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2015 08:46 n00bKing wrote:
On June 12 2015 08:24 ruXxar wrote:
I'm not voting on anyone yet, it's way too early for that.

I'm gathering information to base my reads upon.
I can only evaluate what I've read so far.

Putting pressure on people is also a good thing, not necessarily because you believe they are scum, but to see how they react in tense situations.

You're right, putting pressure on people can be a good thing, to see how they react.

That's why you're wrong, it is not too early to vote.


I agree.

As said, it's my first time playing mafia and I haven't been in many situations lately where i have to formulate sharp logical arguments.


I am usually forgiving to players I don't know or newer players, but to me there are so many things that seem scummy to me that I can't do that in ruXxars case.

Thoughts?
Kickstart
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1941 Posts
June 12 2015 02:23 GMT
#222
And then Sulfurus is scummy for jumping on me with his scumbuddy based on nothing and then peacing out of the thread when questioned about it.

Early day1 association cases too ez4me.
Kickstart
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1941 Posts
June 12 2015 02:26 GMT
#224
@moosy
no I was not baiting. I mean that he entirely missed the problem with him answering that when it wasn't directed at him.

@Oats
So I make a read and ask for opinions on it and you scum read me for tryharding? Amusing coming from a guy who makes up a rule and then pushes a nonsense read on bats based on said rule that he just made up. Really don't know what it is with you but you just perpetually tunnel me and annoy me in every game.
Kickstart
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1941 Posts
June 12 2015 02:27 GMT
#225
On June 12 2015 11:25 Sulfurus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2015 10:27 Oatsmaster wrote:
On June 12 2015 10:12 Sulfurus wrote:
I'm starting to really like the case on Kickstarter; he has made a lot of posts that give the illusion of being a helpful towny with his PSA and rule clarifications but they are really just filler and something that the mods already have covered.

On top of that I think n00bKing's defense of ruXx is spot on which gives even more validity to the Kickstarter push.

##Vote: Kickstarter

(I admit that in a vacuum I would probably scum read Bats more but I've learned my lesson from last game)

Are noobking and ruxx town then?


I townread n00b because I liked his post on ruxx. I townread ruxx at the time but I want to take the time to digest Kick's latest post before giving another read on him.

Before you do that why not answer my question to you. I've mentioned it several times now. Explain your vote on me.
Kickstart
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1941 Posts
June 12 2015 02:29 GMT
#226
Might go to sleep soon because I'm tired and I'm tempted to just get into a shit fight with Oats all game at this point because he is being nonsensical.
Kickstart
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1941 Posts
June 12 2015 02:35 GMT
#229
I never said I thought he was town. I said I didn't read his posts either way. And you scumreading me for tryharding makes less sense then your bats push to me. Also I referenced the wrong game but it doesn't matter.

Go look at my previous games if you are "concerned" with my "tryhard" posting style (just rofl at how bullshit this is), you will find that this is normal for me and that when I have been lynched for my posting it has been a mislynch.
Kickstart
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1941 Posts
June 12 2015 02:41 GMT
#234
On June 12 2015 11:33 MoosyDoosy wrote:
^ Also Kickstart, I wouldn't read too much into ruXx's initial post where he's rambling about slapping/daydreaming about Mafia. It might have been from an attempt to identify himself as a non-aggressor to the Mafia so that when night time comes around, they don't kill him. If the game went on for longer, people would also suspect ruXx more giving the Mafia an easy kill. This actually happens a ton in real life Mafia but it's clear it's totally different online at this point.

Also, going back to his post where he "misses the interaction" which is right after his rambling, it's pretty clear that ruXx is not paying attention whatsoever. As a newbie he was probably just as excited as I was about remaining passive which is why he didn't notice the err in his post. Just the fact that it seems he has no idea whatsoever about what he's saying during his rambling just shows this too.

I'll look through the rest of your points, but I'll try and provide a "newbie perspective." Either way, it looks like he wised up real fast and stopped being as frantic and energetic in his posts.

You could be right, and as I said I usually do give players I don't know and new players the benefit of the doubt, but as I said the fact that he has done several things that I think are scummy and none that I deem towny is why I presented this and asked for peoples thought.
Also, the goal of town is not to protect themselves from a mafia nightkill. This doesn't matter in the slightest unless you are a blue role or something, and even then, the #1 goal of town should always be to show that they are town through their actions, and coming in a close second is helping to find scum. Sitting back and not being a target is literally the last thing you want to do as town because it makes it hard to read you, which is shit for town but good for scum because they already know your alignment while town doesn't.
Kickstart
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1941 Posts
June 12 2015 02:42 GMT
#235
On June 12 2015 11:39 MoosyDoosy wrote:
@Kickstart, I'm not saying you're tryharding I'm saying ruXx was tryharding at the start. Please re-read.

That was directed at Oats..................................................................................
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1387
910 86
NotJumperer 78
Bale 43
Hyun 36
Noble 10
Britney 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm176
febbydoto17
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King115
Other Games
summit1g6852
Coldzera 740
JimRising 623
hungrybox547
WinterStarcraft366
C9.Mang0305
PiGStarcraft273
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick757
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 21
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota290
League of Legends
• Lourlo1043
• Rush961
• Stunt270
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 13m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
6h 13m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
19h 13m
Patches Events
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.