• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:14
CEST 12:14
KST 19:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double0Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8989 users

[M][N]Holy Guardians Chapter 1 - Page 51

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 49 50 51 52 53 121 Next
Shendelzare
Profile Joined May 2015
Netherlands126 Posts
June 05 2015 19:19 GMT
#1001
Sigh. Alright. I'll just assume that's not indicative then for now.

It just seems bad if he actually is VT since that just narrows down whoever could be another blue.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
June 05 2015 19:22 GMT
#1002
Lol I'm not really being whiney honestly.

But all these dumb tells, non op reading people
Shendelzare
Profile Joined May 2015
Netherlands126 Posts
June 05 2015 19:31 GMT
#1003
Alright, took more looking at Onegu's filter. Is he trolling or just posting just to post?

Chocolate and Milo being on the same team? really?

Calling Fidei as either blue or scum - why? And why out another blue as town? That really makes no sense when I see no other reason to scumread Fidei from his point of view?

He scumreads VE early on but votes Damdred? That is a jump in logic to me.

Onegu is probably scum.

Moving on to other people...
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
June 05 2015 19:32 GMT
#1004
On June 06 2015 00:31 Damdred wrote:
Response to case:

1) Scum can not care about the lynch generally if people are on town. Scum can decide to just not care about be around for the lynch if its going there way that day. KS was very active at all points of the game before final day leading up to the lynch.

2) The points against KS aren't that bad and are pretty solid, you even call them not horrible. You just disagreed with them. That doesn't make them bad.

3) Nobody has ever explained why i'm middle of the road, I have distinct town reads and distinct scum reads. Just don't get the point and it doesn't make me scum, if I wasn't taking hard stances on people I could see thep oint but I have.

4) scum reading people while they aren't in the thread isn't alignment indicative O_o, if you keep things until someones here you won't get a lot of work done in 24 hours. By comparison I could say that you are guilty of the same thing when its clear that I am not in the thread why would you do such a thing.

I was wrong, kick played his claim badly and got killed. That doesn't make me scum, what you are saying though is that one of the most vocal players in the thread, who took one of the most drastic stances in the game and pushed a lynch until it happens is scum. None of this makes me scum and in fact its not a very strong case that generally follows a narrative with you fitting in this stuff to try to make me look scummy


So my initial reaction here, is to say something about Damdred returning to his "middle of the road" style here. However... that is not the response I would have expected from a Scum!Damdred to my case. I was pretty sure he'd be pushing me super hard with GG. + Show Spoiler +
who is like kinda following the game? I'm not sure what to make of GG... I'll get back to him later.


1 is actually a good point, but is only valid if we assume that there was no wagons on scum. It's possible, but I'm wary of that since Choco was the lynch prior to Kick and the Kick wagon started just in time to give Choco a safe place to go. It's super WIFOM but a team of Dam, GG, Choco could make sense given how things went down, but yea.. wifom.

On Points 2 and 3 I just disagree? It sounds lame, but I def did not find your case on Kick super solid. There were decent points, but I def think you were mostly playing off his wall-o-text writing style. I've tried to explain why I find your style suspicious. I also feel uneasy with this style of play right now given how you and ritoky seem to have a "thing" going on. I'm not saying you two are a team here, I dont see anything to suggest that, just that you two seem to have a history and that might have allowed you to push your way of thinking on him, similarly to how townreading people kinda gives them a sense you are their friend. Am I making sense here? I might be overthinking it, but it's def something that has me looking hard at Dam right now.

4, Granted you did call me out when you thought I was acting pretty scummy right away. I prob shouldn't have glanced at thread as I was getting ready to leave then let myself respond all pissed off kus it really looked like you were doing a similar push on afk me like happened with Kick.

I will admit a few things. My initial post after EoD was definitely placing blame, I didn't really intend it that way + Show Spoiler +
That was really just my honest "OMG I can't believe that just happened" reaction post
, but it def reads that way. I had spent most of the time we were waiting for Night post relooking at the last page or two, and I started to wonder if Kick had anything to backup his accusations towards Dam & Choco. It is likely I got caught up in overreading Kicks posts and joining into his OMGUS thinking towards Dam. I think the idea has some merit, especially after looking through some filters, but I really haven't seen anything solid to back it up which makes me believe it may well have just been OMGUS thinking.

I'm not willing to clear him as scum, but his response is what I would expect from Town who thought they had solid reasons to push that wagon. There is definitely nothing clear cut about how EoD went down, and the timing of stuff felt so weird to me. I think it deserves at least one last look over, but since my urge to chase Dam with Fire right now could well be the beginnings of a tunnel I'm going to hold off till we have a little more info in Day phase.

@Dam
I'm not a huge fan of meta reads, but if you share some of your past games (maybe one as either alignment) it may help me understand your style a little better. I know my first experience with SL had me scumming him so hard just kus of how he plays, I might be in a similar trap here.
I can take that responsibility.
Shendelzare
Profile Joined May 2015
Netherlands126 Posts
June 05 2015 19:34 GMT
#1005
I mean, Chocolate and Milo being on the same team because of their meaning. That's dumb if Onegu isn't trolling.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
June 05 2015 19:40 GMT
#1006
Crap I'd like to take a look at Damdred's Votes into Townreads post, plus the scum read on Nydus there looks interesting.

I have to leave for work though. I doubt anyone from the Kick train is getting NK'd, and unless I'm on the right track I don't think I will be either. So I'll have to leave my thoughts there.

Assuming I'm not killed feel free to pose any questions you guys have towards me. I'd like to see some more solid stuff being brought up D2.
I can take that responsibility.
Shendelzare
Profile Joined May 2015
Netherlands126 Posts
June 05 2015 19:47 GMT
#1007
On June 06 2015 04:32 Tictock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2015 00:31 Damdred wrote:
Response to case:

1) Scum can not care about the lynch generally if people are on town. Scum can decide to just not care about be around for the lynch if its going there way that day. KS was very active at all points of the game before final day leading up to the lynch.

2) The points against KS aren't that bad and are pretty solid, you even call them not horrible. You just disagreed with them. That doesn't make them bad.

3) Nobody has ever explained why i'm middle of the road, I have distinct town reads and distinct scum reads. Just don't get the point and it doesn't make me scum, if I wasn't taking hard stances on people I could see thep oint but I have.

4) scum reading people while they aren't in the thread isn't alignment indicative O_o, if you keep things until someones here you won't get a lot of work done in 24 hours. By comparison I could say that you are guilty of the same thing when its clear that I am not in the thread why would you do such a thing.

I was wrong, kick played his claim badly and got killed. That doesn't make me scum, what you are saying though is that one of the most vocal players in the thread, who took one of the most drastic stances in the game and pushed a lynch until it happens is scum. None of this makes me scum and in fact its not a very strong case that generally follows a narrative with you fitting in this stuff to try to make me look scummy


So my initial reaction here, is to say something about Damdred returning to his "middle of the road" style here. However... that is not the response I would have expected from a Scum!Damdred to my case. I was pretty sure he'd be pushing me super hard with GG. + Show Spoiler +
who is like kinda following the game? I'm not sure what to make of GG... I'll get back to him later.


1 is actually a good point, but is only valid if we assume that there was no wagons on scum. It's possible, but I'm wary of that since Choco was the lynch prior to Kick and the Kick wagon started just in time to give Choco a safe place to go. It's super WIFOM but a team of Dam, GG, Choco could make sense given how things went down, but yea.. wifom.

On Points 2 and 3 I just disagree? It sounds lame, but I def did not find your case on Kick super solid. There were decent points, but I def think you were mostly playing off his wall-o-text writing style. I've tried to explain why I find your style suspicious. I also feel uneasy with this style of play right now given how you and ritoky seem to have a "thing" going on. I'm not saying you two are a team here, I dont see anything to suggest that, just that you two seem to have a history and that might have allowed you to push your way of thinking on him, similarly to how townreading people kinda gives them a sense you are their friend. Am I making sense here? I might be overthinking it, but it's def something that has me looking hard at Dam right now.

4, Granted you did call me out when you thought I was acting pretty scummy right away. I prob shouldn't have glanced at thread as I was getting ready to leave then let myself respond all pissed off kus it really looked like you were doing a similar push on afk me like happened with Kick.

I will admit a few things. My initial post after EoD was definitely placing blame, I didn't really intend it that way + Show Spoiler +
That was really just my honest "OMG I can't believe that just happened" reaction post
, but it def reads that way. I had spent most of the time we were waiting for Night post relooking at the last page or two, and I started to wonder if Kick had anything to backup his accusations towards Dam & Choco. It is likely I got caught up in overreading Kicks posts and joining into his OMGUS thinking towards Dam. I think the idea has some merit, especially after looking through some filters, but I really haven't seen anything solid to back it up which makes me believe it may well have just been OMGUS thinking.

I'm not willing to clear him as scum, but his response is what I would expect from Town who thought they had solid reasons to push that wagon. There is definitely nothing clear cut about how EoD went down, and the timing of stuff felt so weird to me. I think it deserves at least one last look over, but since my urge to chase Dam with Fire right now could well be the beginnings of a tunnel I'm going to hold off till we have a little more info in Day phase.

@Dam
I'm not a huge fan of meta reads, but if you share some of your past games (maybe one as either alignment) it may help me understand your style a little better. I know my first experience with SL had me scumming him so hard just kus of how he plays, I might be in a similar trap here.


English isn't my first language - so I'll just say that I understand this middle of the road thing means he's not taking a position. If I'm wrong someone correct me.

His case on Kick means he had a read on him it was wrong but he still had a read on him. He took some position. If he was apprehensive on taking a position he wouldn't have had a case on him. I mean you disagree with his case great, but you can't scumread him for being middle of the road. I mean I'm just reading your post and you make it clear he's taking a position. So I don't get that at all.

Are you trying to force a read on Damdred? I mean if Damdred is scum it's not for what you are saying.

The whole ritoky/Damdred association makes no sense. Those two from their postcount seem like they have been around.

Just because they are experienced I mean that would put one person in a better position to read another one way, not sure why meta reads make you more suspicious of someone. I don't see how you are seeing that negatively or positively.

I mean if there is a meta read being messed about - there's only 3 scum out of 12 people left, I would assume someone else here will call them out at some point? Fudging meta reads should be a deterrent if there's enough experienced people around. At least I think that's a safe assumption to make.

I don't understand some of the potential associative reads being made, this is one of them.

I can understand why meta reads you might be hesistant to trust. But how they use those reads to push or figure out the game with more evidence, I think is more critical.

If I'm not misunderstanding anything I think tictock is trying to force a read on Damdred. Which I think shows scum behaviour.
Shendelzare
Profile Joined May 2015
Netherlands126 Posts
June 05 2015 19:49 GMT
#1008
Like I think Onegu looks bad for scumreading Viscera early on, not doing anything with it and then randoming throwing a vote on Damdred. If Damdred isn't doing anything with his reads then it's a problem. So I'm just confused at best on your position on him.
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
June 05 2015 19:49 GMT
#1009
On June 06 2015 04:31 Shendelzare wrote:
Alright, took more looking at Onegu's filter. Is he trolling or just posting just to post?

Chocolate and Milo being on the same team? really?

Calling Fidei as either blue or scum - why? And why out another blue as town? That really makes no sense when I see no other reason to scumread Fidei from his point of view?

He scumreads VE early on but votes Damdred? That is a jump in logic to me.

Onegu is probably scum.

Moving on to other people...


you haven't played with onegu before lol.
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
June 05 2015 19:55 GMT
#1010
On June 06 2015 04:40 Tictock wrote:
Crap I'd like to take a look at Damdred's Votes into Townreads post, plus the scum read on Nydus there looks interesting.

I have to leave for work though. I doubt anyone from the Kick train is getting NK'd, and unless I'm on the right track I don't think I will be either. So I'll have to leave my thoughts there.

Assuming I'm not killed feel free to pose any questions you guys have towards me. I'd like to see some more solid stuff being brought up D2.


i know it is nitpicky, but this is the 2nd time you have done something like this. "i'd like some more solid stuff" implies that there is a solid/valid reason to make a scum case on you.
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
Shendelzare
Profile Joined May 2015
Netherlands126 Posts
June 05 2015 19:55 GMT
#1011
No I have not played with Onegu. You are right about that.

If you think I'm wrong based on your experience, fine, I am just looking at his filter now and just trying my best.
Shendelzare
Profile Joined May 2015
Netherlands126 Posts
June 05 2015 19:57 GMT
#1012
Although if you could explain why I'm wrong that would be helpful.

If Onegu is just a weird poster in general then I'm probably going to give myself a headache trying to read him.
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
June 05 2015 20:01 GMT
#1013
On June 06 2015 04:57 Shendelzare wrote:
Although if you could explain why I'm wrong that would be helpful.

If Onegu is just a weird poster in general then I'm probably going to give myself a headache trying to read him.


i won't speak for him or make up your mind for you.

you should go here and glance through some of his previous games quickly:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/390080-tl-mafia-database
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
June 05 2015 20:02 GMT
#1014
your read isn't really wrong per se. person not doing very much that is helpful to town -> mafia. it's just onegu doesn't always do a whole lot or play sensibly as either alignment, so it isn't exactly right either.
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
Shendelzare
Profile Joined May 2015
Netherlands126 Posts
June 05 2015 20:26 GMT
#1015
I went through his gameplay for Assassination and Newbie VIII and XXX. Sigh. I see what you mean.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
June 05 2015 20:52 GMT
#1016
I'm much more sure on n than on tick
Shendelzare
Profile Joined May 2015
Netherlands126 Posts
June 05 2015 21:01 GMT
#1017
I'm going to try and get reads on NHM and Templar since they haven't been in the thread when I've been and don't want to ignore those two. Hopefully before I go to bed...
Shendelzare
Profile Joined May 2015
Netherlands126 Posts
June 05 2015 21:02 GMT
#1018
On June 06 2015 05:52 Damdred wrote:
I'm much more sure on n than on tick


n being NHM?
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
June 05 2015 21:03 GMT
#1019
Correct phone ! posting is hard someyimes
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-06 03:59:17
June 05 2015 21:03 GMT
#1020
Day 2


Ritoky, as Lauren Proudman (Citizen - Vanilla Townie) was shot!
His soul joined the Scarlet Menace!

Lol I'm traveling and drunk. I'll add flavor later
I'm adorable.
Prev 1 49 50 51 52 53 121 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 3
Soma vs Jaedong
Afreeca ASL 8626
StarCastTV_EN153
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 265
Lowko149
ProTech65
Rex 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 5957
EffOrt 2355
Larva 1263
BeSt 1010
Horang2 703
Hyuk 578
ZerO 439
Zeus 205
soO 165
Hyun 131
[ Show more ]
Stork 129
Killer 105
Light 94
Barracks 93
Rush 65
Shinee 59
Bale 30
ToSsGirL 28
Terrorterran 25
Mong 24
PianO 22
Sacsri 14
HiyA 11
Noble 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
XaKoH 642
XcaliburYe311
League of Legends
KnowMe21
Counter-Strike
byalli732
Other Games
singsing1666
olofmeister1540
crisheroes226
Livibee183
Sick130
ArmadaUGS58
Mew2King48
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 117
lovetv 9
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH317
• StrangeGG 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1997
• Stunt373
Other Games
• WagamamaTV144
Upcoming Events
WardiTV Weekly
46m
Monday Night Weeklies
5h 46m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 46m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 46m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 13h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.