• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:49
CEST 18:49
KST 01:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7279 users

[M][N]Holy Guardians Chapter 1 - Page 52

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 50 51 52 53 54 121 Next
Shendelzare
Profile Joined May 2015
Netherlands126 Posts
June 05 2015 21:05 GMT
#1021
Sigh. GG ritoky. Thanks for your help btw.

Got it Damdred.
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
June 05 2015 21:20 GMT
#1022
[image loading]


gg
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
NydusHerMain
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada492 Posts
June 05 2015 21:34 GMT
#1023
On June 06 2015 01:21 Damdred wrote:
NydusHerMain is scum I believe. Reading through his filter he gives little to no actual thoughts to the thread overall, he is a bit sideline for me hes never directly involved in any confrontation. He states people are scummy (ie., he says ritoky is scummy) but never really does anything with it, he throws the thought into the thread and just sort of morphs back into the aether to post again another day. He asks at one point if he is invisible, yes, yes he is probably one of the most invisible players in the game. He pushes very little and stays under the radar his read post that he posted during the night was pretty bad to me, his scum reads weren't fleshed out and lacked any depth and also the scum team he propposd just didn't make sense with us triple bussing each other when we had two town up for lynch? It just feels fake to me.


To give you some perspective, I come from video mafia (1+ year of it) and I've only ever played 1 other game of forum mafia. In video mafia, people tend not to push as hard on people unless they have some sort of meta read that makes someone almost confirmed mafia in their minds. Usually, people just chip in and give their thoughts on the game and don't really flesh out reads too hard unless asked to. Apparently, it feels like I've fallen into that hole and I'll try harder to get out of it.

With respect to the scum team, I didn't actually propose a "team" persay. I proposed people who I currently view as scummy and would be fine lynching. I don't believe in early associative reads until a mafia flips because it doesn't help to try to find an exact team of 3 unless we find out someone who is mafia. That's a weak thing to push on and you should know better than to call me fake for that -_-
NydusHerMain
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada492 Posts
June 05 2015 21:39 GMT
#1024
I guess with respect for the lack of interaction, I think it mostly stems from no one responding to me and no one really calling me scum (up until this point). Whenever I gave my reads (although I guess people just ignored them because they seemed unsubstantial?? someone clarify) no one really seemed to care or react. When I called people scum, no one really reacted. Kind of felt discouraging more than anything. Was I supposed to copy and paste until someone responded or I got modkilled?
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
June 05 2015 21:44 GMT
#1025
Day one associations are bad because of lack of information and little content to go on.

We have information at this point that helps us narrow the field. Like Gg and tick can't be Scum together.

You also lack any form of cognitive reasoning why x or y is Scum. Even when asked you just said names without any reasoning.

So yea scummy
milo109
Profile Joined May 2015
466 Posts
June 05 2015 22:11 GMT
#1026
So I wanted to finish my reads, but I'm finding it hard.

Onegu is just so... weird. I'm fine lynching him anytime. Can't read him.

Tictock is town. Same reason for my read on Fedei.

Scott is also probably town??? Weakest town read.

New Guy might be scum. Weakest scum read. I hated SL's play, and I'm getting a 'desperate attempt to turn things around' vibe.
milo109
Profile Joined May 2015
466 Posts
June 05 2015 22:13 GMT
#1027
On June 05 2015 14:40 NydusHerMain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2015 14:31 milo109 wrote:
Nydus is a light town. I'm sorta getting a dimwit silly impression from him, and it seems hard to understand why mafia would want to fake that. I realllly don't like his last post though, so that bumped him down.


Can you elaborate the dimwit silly impression? wtf does that mean


The smily faces, and questions about posts that make it appear like you haven't read them.
NydusHerMain
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada492 Posts
June 05 2015 22:36 GMT
#1028
I'm back for like 1 minute and I have to go back to work. While I'm gone, are we supposed to try to talk about why the nk landed on the person?
Shendelzare
Profile Joined May 2015
Netherlands126 Posts
June 05 2015 22:49 GMT
#1029
On June 06 2015 07:36 NydusHerMain wrote:
I'm back for like 1 minute and I have to go back to work. While I'm gone, are we supposed to try to talk about why the nk landed on the person?


And I'm back.

No. Or at least not get carried away. I mean ritoky was pretty obvious town, you don't know if it's because he knew someone or just his gameplay he could probably figure out anyone. Whether he was on the right track, who knows.

Nightkill discussion is generally circular logic although maybe in later part of the game you can try and narrow it down I think.

The other thing is some people can get picked if somehow mafia reads them as blue (not sure how but apparently it happens) or if they try to avoid hitting the same person as a medic.

The medic-like role already died in this game so they probably didn't have that fear.
Shendelzare
Profile Joined May 2015
Netherlands126 Posts
June 05 2015 22:56 GMT
#1030
On June 06 2015 06:34 NydusHerMain wrote:
To give you some perspective, I come from video mafia (1+ year of it) and I've only ever played 1 other game of forum mafia. In video mafia, people tend not to push as hard on people unless they have some sort of meta read that makes someone almost confirmed mafia in their minds. Usually, people just chip in and give their thoughts on the game and don't really flesh out reads too hard unless asked to. Apparently, it feels like I've fallen into that hole and I'll try harder to get out of it.

With respect to the scum team, I didn't actually propose a "team" persay. I proposed people who I currently view as scummy and would be fine lynching. I don't believe in early associative reads until a mafia flips because it doesn't help to try to find an exact team of 3 unless we find out someone who is mafia. That's a weak thing to push on and you should know better than to call me fake for that -_-


So what is the "equivalent" of pushing in video mafia? As I stated before I have never played video mafia so I'm not familiar with the techniques that town uses to take out mafia. I read a few other games here and I think it was mentioned by one other vid mafia person that flips don't reveal alignment? Or some strange shit?

But I digress. Anyhow, I mean, if you suspect a new player's body language (I'm guessing) in video mafia how do you convince others that they are mafia? That's what I don't understand. You have to have some stake in wanting to take someone you feel is mafia out.

Because if you're not pushing here I'd be scumreading you as well just like I did Onegu. But your lack of experience can't make you unreadable. So if you play the game in a different way, how should we be reading you?
Shendelzare
Profile Joined May 2015
Netherlands126 Posts
June 05 2015 23:00 GMT
#1031
On June 06 2015 07:11 milo109 wrote:
New Guy might be scum. Weakest scum read. I hated SL's play, and I'm getting a 'desperate attempt to turn things around' vibe.


You might want to try and read my filter a bit more closely.

On June 06 2015 03:58 Shendelzare wrote:
I'm back. Had to go to bed when I replaced in. Still on page 35.

[...]

I can't blame anyone for policy lynching me. sicklucker really didn't do shit and I'd scum his slot if I wasn't in it. But as town, I will do what I can to get some informative reads out there before you all decide to lynch me.


Don't think I'll be helping town any if I don't catch up and don't contribute. I'm assuming that's what you are interpreting as desperate, anyways.
Shendelzare
Profile Joined May 2015
Netherlands126 Posts
June 05 2015 23:20 GMT
#1032
On June 06 2015 07:11 milo109 wrote:
Onegu is just so... weird. I'm fine lynching him anytime. Can't read him.

New Guy might be scum. Weakest scum read. I hated SL's play, and I'm getting a 'desperate attempt to turn things around' vibe.


So are you lynching Onegu for policy (key words in bold) or because you think him being unreadable makes him scum?
milo109
Profile Joined May 2015
466 Posts
June 05 2015 23:26 GMT
#1033
He's outside of my town circle. I think if we're not going to go on any of those who I think have a higher chance of being scum, at least I don't think he's very townie.
Shendelzare
Profile Joined May 2015
Netherlands126 Posts
June 06 2015 00:32 GMT
#1034
Alright, first look at Templar. I look at filters from a few people from day 1...

First few posts aren't making a whole lot of sense. The gut read on sicklucker based on "morally" wanting to policy lynch Tictock, I don't know why that warrants a town read in any world.

On June 03 2015 09:53 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 03 2015 06:24 Tictock wrote:
@ ritoky

Ok, I'll bite

##Vote ritoky


For spamming graphics and one liners. Not even trying to push people yet, such scum.


I also find the direction you chose to push here with as much haste as you did to be mafia-indicative trying to appear townie rather than actual town genuinely believing what he is saying.


Maybe I misunderstand, but I don't know what is there to "believe" about graphics and one-liners nor do I understand why town should believe what he's saying. I would think (at least in forum mafia) it should be the opposite. I would think town should approach things with skepticism. To me this looks pretty contrived.

I go through more of Templar's filter and his main two scumreads seem to be Tic and KS. He pushes KS for quite a bit, and then for some unclear reason after he rescinds a town read, he rescinds a scum read on KS before trying to get people on Tic. I can't tell in any sense what is making him read KS as town the second time around and if that's this Chezinu rule that makes even less sense to me because it sounds like such an arbitrary rule.

Who (or what) the fuck is Chezinu?

Templar doesn't have an opinion or seem to have an opinion on Chocolate and then says KS is town for whatever reason. Maybe double check when the votes on Chocolate fell but just looking at how the votes panned out his non-stance on Chocolate, even after he had the four votes could be him trying to avoid confrontation.

I just don't really like a lot of how he's posted and not taking a stance on Chocolate. I think he even said he wasn't interested in him. Or even discouraging people from voting a townread (and that townread got lynched) just makes him look scummy.
Shendelzare
Profile Joined May 2015
Netherlands126 Posts
June 06 2015 00:35 GMT
#1035
I also don't understand why he held his vote until 1 minute before the deadline. I just saw that.
Shendelzare
Profile Joined May 2015
Netherlands126 Posts
June 06 2015 00:37 GMT
#1036
Wait never mind. He voted Tic before and then later in the voting thread. Forget that.
Shendelzare
Profile Joined May 2015
Netherlands126 Posts
June 06 2015 00:38 GMT
#1037
Templar, do you have any stance on Chocolate or anyone else now? You seem hyperfocus on 1-2 people.

Tictock isn't the only mafia. That is what I mean.
Shendelzare
Profile Joined May 2015
Netherlands126 Posts
June 06 2015 00:40 GMT
#1038
And it's late over here...where the fuck is everyone?

Seems like there are a few US players, but thought they'd be around by now. Sigh.
Onegu
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States9699 Posts
June 06 2015 01:33 GMT
#1039
Chezniu rule is what is about to apply to me. And we are going to us it to get our lynch today on Shendelzare. Basicly it means I play so randomly that who wants push my lynch is scum. Chez rule is first to call him scum. Onegu rule is people continuing to push his lynch.

##Vote Shendelzare

Milo would be a ok vote also. Willing to vote either.
Try TL Mafia!!!
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
June 06 2015 01:52 GMT
#1040
On June 06 2015 10:33 Onegu wrote:
Chezniu rule is what is about to apply to me. And we are going to us it to get our lynch today on Shendelzare. Basicly it means I play so randomly that who wants push my lynch is scum. Chez rule is first to call him scum. Onegu rule is people continuing to push his lynch.

##Vote Shendelzare

Milo would be a ok vote also. Willing to vote either.


I... dont even... Trying to read that is hard enough, I'm not spending any thought making sense of it.

However, if Milo is no longer town yet Milo is still a type of chocolate where Onegu is from, then Chocolate is also not town.

Thus by Onegu logic Choco is scum.

Ok seriously now...
I'd like to lynch choco today like we should have done yesterday.

##Vote: Chocolate
I can take that responsibility.
Prev 1 50 51 52 53 54 121 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM605
TaKeTV 179
IndyStarCraft 117
BRAT_OK 107
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 605
TKL 222
ProTech138
IndyStarCraft 117
BRAT_OK 107
UpATreeSC 71
Rex 45
Codebar 44
MindelVK 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1001
EffOrt 597
Mini 531
ggaemo 211
firebathero 192
Dewaltoss 114
Rush 78
Barracks 68
910 64
Sea.KH 59
[ Show more ]
Zeus 59
Hyun 50
Shine 47
Killer 38
Shinee 36
Bale 28
ToSsGirL 24
soO 23
Sexy 17
Trap 13
yabsab 11
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
qojqva4406
Dendi1688
Counter-Strike
Fnx 763
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1003
Liquid`Hasu351
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2289
singsing1939
B2W.Neo505
Beastyqt327
ceh9319
Sick185
ArmadaUGS126
C9.Mang062
Trikslyr47
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream521
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile129
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2917
• TFBlade734
Other Games
• WagamamaTV267
• Shiphtur9
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 11m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 11m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 7h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.