• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:20
CEST 09:20
KST 16:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8831 users

[M][N]Holy Guardians Chapter 1 - Page 5

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Fidei86
Profile Joined May 2015
United Kingdom2116 Posts
June 08 2015 18:46 GMT
#1503
How old are you?
Fidei86
Profile Joined May 2015
United Kingdom2116 Posts
June 08 2015 21:36 GMT
#1521
GG Shendel. Goddamn it.
Fidei86
Profile Joined May 2015
United Kingdom2116 Posts
June 08 2015 21:55 GMT
#1526
Ah, I forgot I was previously on VE's list.

I just re-read Damdred's filter, and it's honestly just a mess. Strategically, I hate it. He pussy-foots around, alluding to reads and making hyperbolic comments. His read on KS was totally wrong, obviously. He was apparently less sure on GGT, but still voted for him over TT. But as I'm reading his posts, I keep getting this annoying feeling that he's actually being genuine. His posts seem like honest reactions to events, even if he could really use to get his anger/emotions under control.
Fidei86
Profile Joined May 2015
United Kingdom2116 Posts
June 08 2015 22:00 GMT
#1528
One crazy thought I just had is that the scum team is VE, Damdred and Chocolate, and VE and Damdred have been trying to bus Chocolate all game, but the town keep screwing it up and voting for townies.
Fidei86
Profile Joined May 2015
United Kingdom2116 Posts
June 08 2015 22:04 GMT
#1529
Look again through the first two pages of your filter. You basically do not give anything concrete apart from two wishy-washy town reads. At some point someone says "stop being middle of the road", and you protest that you weren't, even though you were.

The thing is though, I'm not entirely sure it's a bad thing. Hell, I have literally no clue what's going on. If I'm coming across middle of the road, it's because this is a genuinely creepy experience. I'm just staring at the list of names, hoping that some will jump out at me, but they aren't.
Fidei86
Profile Joined May 2015
United Kingdom2116 Posts
June 08 2015 22:16 GMT
#1532
Here's my problem with your reads. You are basically 100% sure that everyone is town except me, milo, NHM and Chocolate. You even think Onegu is town, even though at this point I think he is honestly playing a game of "I wonder how bloody stupid I can be in a game of mafia as mafia and not get lynched."

I obviously know I'm town. Ritoky believed milo was town too, and actually so did you during the early part of the game. Even if you're right on NHM and Chocolate, that still only leaves two. You don't seem to have accounted for the possibility that someone is playing a great game here. I don't think that if you, TT, VE, ritoky, scott and Onegu were all town, you'd be losing to a team of me (first game), Chocolate (18 y/o who has been barely active), NHM (who has been quasi-lurky) and/or milo (who mostly everyone has or had as town). I recognise I'm utterly rubbish at this game (or I'm brilliant and TT/Scott are evil geniuses), but if all those good players were lined up against all us terrible players, I don't see how that ends up at this point.
Fidei86
Profile Joined May 2015
United Kingdom2116 Posts
June 08 2015 22:32 GMT
#1536
I'm not saying don't lynch anyone. I'm just thinking out loud and hoping something triggered with you.

I've already said the reasons why I'm suspicious of TT and scott. I think that an Onegu, TT, scott lineup would look pretty reasonable. The only reason I mention scott and Onegu together is that it seems to me the only reason we haven't lynched Onegu is that scott mentioned that this is Onegu's "town" meta. Which is a bullshit reason, because a player as experienced as I assume Onegu is (given he is running his own game) would be perfectly capable of acting in the way he has, town or scum. Hell, it's hardly challenging to troll for an entire day, then to show up and say we should vote for Damdred because of some stupid meta rule which sounds to me like it worked one time.

Fidei86
Profile Joined May 2015
United Kingdom2116 Posts
June 08 2015 22:43 GMT
#1538
Damdred - I think you and scott have both said that if TT is playing mafia, you're happy to give him the game because he's upped it so much. That kinda resonates with me, because I was thinking exactly the same thing. He's like this giant ball of Teflon that nothing sticks to, except that all the people who are scum-reading him end up lynched.

I also don't know whether to read anything into the fact that after both mis-lynches, TT has come out and said "well, I guess they were just bad town". I've never been mafia, so I don't know what that's like, but as town mislynching feels like the worst shit in the world.
Fidei86
Profile Joined May 2015
United Kingdom2116 Posts
June 08 2015 23:04 GMT
#1540
Where did I say I wanted to lynch you? I can't read you well, and I'd probably vote for you over milo, but at the moment I'm questioning everything. But yes, if I had to give a list, it would be:

Town: milo
Null: Chocolate, NHM, VE, Damdred
Mafia: Scott, TT
Policy: Onegu

I recognise that's very "middle of the road" of me, I'm just struggling.
Fidei86
Profile Joined May 2015
United Kingdom2116 Posts
June 08 2015 23:06 GMT
#1542
It's a fair point against GGT though- he was being ridiculously defensive. And If KS had claimed a couple of minutes earlier I would have caught his post and switched my vote. But still. It seems harsh to speak ill of the dead.
Fidei86
Profile Joined May 2015
United Kingdom2116 Posts
June 08 2015 23:13 GMT
#1544
My reasons haven't really changed from since before the EOD2 vote. Also I really hated Scott's reaction to my big WOT post. As far as I can remember, he hasn't been pressured at all this game. Nobody has really read him strongly as anything. He hasn't had to defend himself or explain himself. But after I posted, he posted like four times, seeming extremely riled up. But it seemed false.

And the more I read Scott and TT's interactions, the more they just seem like they're on the same page. Their thoughts seem to overlap, they never really give reads on each other, but rather just either make little comments back and forth. As I said, it reminds me of a man talking to a sock puppet. I'm actually going to try and get some sleep now, but if I can persuade myself to get out of bed, I'll go find some examples for you.

Finally, I'm shamelessly sheeping ritoky. Ritoky said two or three times that he wasn't sure TT was even reading the same thread as him. I'm not an experienced player, at all, but Rit was and given that I'm all out at sea, the one thing I feel safe clinging too is that he strongly read TT as Mafia. GGT did as well, but I'm honestly not sure I thought his reasons were any good.
Fidei86
Profile Joined May 2015
United Kingdom2116 Posts
June 08 2015 23:19 GMT
#1545
I should also mention that Scott has been OMGUSing me. I can see why it happens though - as soon as he counter accused me I became even more sure I was right. Still, I recognise my posts have been hit or miss. Lots of people have said the same thing - I'm full of dumb tells and WIFOM, but I feel like throughout the game I have been giving my honest reasoning for my thoughts. People haven't liked a lot of the things I said from a logical standpoint, but I don't think it has been contrived or contorted.
Fidei86
Profile Joined May 2015
United Kingdom2116 Posts
June 08 2015 23:25 GMT
#1547
You don't have to pocket me, I already think you're town.
Fidei86
Profile Joined May 2015
United Kingdom2116 Posts
June 08 2015 23:28 GMT
#1548
Looking at Scott's filter again, in fairness he did have me on his "would lynch" list quite early on. I'd forgotten that.
Fidei86
Profile Joined May 2015
United Kingdom2116 Posts
June 08 2015 23:39 GMT
#1549
One more piece of OMGUS on Scott. He consistently said that he thought GG was town. At one point he said it was 70%. He never really walked back from it, and at one point he even said he thought we were going to mislynch. Yet, again he didn't do anything to stop the mislynch in progress. One time around, that's understandable. Hell, it happened to me the first round - I didn't think KS or Choco were Mafia. But for it to happen twice just reeks to me of a Mafia trying to make sure they sounded skeptical of a mislynch.
Fidei86
Profile Joined May 2015
United Kingdom2116 Posts
June 08 2015 23:45 GMT
#1550
I'd like to hear from everyone else before I commit to a vote. People - we're in imminent danger of losing this game. I really feel like the town atmosphere is average. Lots of people are promising more text and then not delivering. If you're town and you want to win this, you need to start posting your thoughts in the thread over the next day. Commit to looking over one person you had as town previously. Post something. Anything. If we ML today then the Mafia can commit to a policy vote on any of the lurkers (especially Onegu) and ride the easy wagon home.
Fidei86
Profile Joined May 2015
United Kingdom2116 Posts
June 09 2015 11:11 GMT
#1564
My reason for supporting milo is the same as everyone else's - he flipped his vote at the last moment on KS despite risking a mod kill, when he could have very easily AFK'd through it and got the confirmed kill on a blue. Yes, I recognise that there could be some sort of next level play going on there. But given that nobody seems to have any frigging idea who is mafia, I think relying on something like that to at least narrow the pool of enquiry a little bit is helpful. I agree that the rest of his posting has been a little lacking. But then Onegu has basically done nothing but troll (and I don't count his harping on about the rule as non-trolly) and people are still refusing to scum read him.
Fidei86
Profile Joined May 2015
United Kingdom2116 Posts
June 09 2015 11:46 GMT
#1565
@TT I agree with the general sentiment that you've played a good game up to this point. If you're mafia and you win, I think you will deserve it for sure. However, your last post makes me think things are starting to come apart at the seams a little bit, because a milo/chocolate team literally makes no sense to me.

The situation at the end of EOD1 was that it was 5-4 to KS. Milo, at the last moment, after the role claim, took his vote off KS leaving it 4-4. If milo was scum with Chocolate, there is literally no reason for him to come off the KS wagon. He knew that I was around on the forums, and clearly Ritoky was because he posted just after EOD. So there was a very real risk that the vote would flip to Chocolate. Why would you bus a fellow mafia on day 1 right at the last moment to protect a blue, when you could very easily just AFK through it. That makes no sense to me whatsoever. The fact that you're contorting things to this degree just to try and get some sort of wagon going on milo with Damdred is extremely suspicious to me, ESPECIALLY when we have Onegu who is a confirmed and unabashed troll as a much juicier target, if you're truly a flailing towny.

Honestly, the move also doesn't make sense even if milo is scum and Chocolate is town, because milo still would have no incentive to come off the blue for a different towny. This is a little less certain though, because I concede it is possible milo was doing some sort of next level play. But I think the strong likelihood is that he is town.
Fidei86
Profile Joined May 2015
United Kingdom2116 Posts
June 09 2015 11:47 GMT
#1566
(Just to clarify, the reason I say he would have known I was around on the forums was because I was, and because I posted my vote on KS very late in the day. That he was aware of those things is an assumption on my part, obviously.)
Fidei86
Profile Joined May 2015
United Kingdom2116 Posts
June 09 2015 11:57 GMT
#1567
A less accusatory way of putting the above is "why do you think a me/milo/chocolate team makes sense?".
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
EnDerr 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 2783
Rain 1799
FanTaSy 503
GuemChi 304
sSak 86
Mong 75
Bale 38
Hm[arnc] 35
ajuk12(nOOB) 18
Noble 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm183
League of Legends
JimRising 563
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King214
Other Games
summit1g7852
olofmeister320
Happy157
KnowMe133
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick727
BasetradeTV183
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2218
League of Legends
• Rush1216
• Lourlo1145
• Stunt415
Other Games
• Shiphtur926
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
2h 41m
INu's Battles
3h 41m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
5h 41m
OSC
14h 56m
Replay Cast
15h 41m
OSC
1d 15h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.