• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:10
CEST 03:10
KST 10:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6638 users

Noir Mini Mafia: Chapter 3 - Page 7

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 All
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
April 30 2015 00:02 GMT
#1400
##Vote: Breshke
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
April 30 2015 22:02 GMT
#1521
I come bearing answers.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
April 30 2015 22:29 GMT
#1523
It's officially at the point in the game where I feel like I need to completely re-evaluate.

I don't have any answers. I lied.

##Unvote
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
May 01 2015 10:39 GMT
#1529
And Then... There Were Six





rsoultin


I shouldn't really have to explain why I think rso is town, but at this point it's a somewhat necessary exercise to question my own townreads.

At 21 pages of filter, rso is the most active player left alive in the game by over double in terms of sheer posting. Ignoring any meta-related questions of activity and ability to post, this is indicative of a level of involvement and interest in the game that is literally unequaled by anyone else. I doubt that ANY mafia player would be so overwhelmingly active and conversational throughout this game.

Seeing as no one save Wave himself even questioned her alignment at almost any point in the game, there's no real reason for me to doubt this read whatsoever. Wave's posting did NOT look like scum distancing or bussing, however odd it is that he chose to attack literally the towniest person in the thread. Open and shut, there's no reason to dig through 21 pages to figure out her alignment. No one's going to argue with me about this anyway.




Palmar

From the most active, to the least active.

Before I delve into Palmar's posting or talk about his play this game at any length, I want to talk about how I generally approach reading Palmar. I've seen Palmar play in any number of ways, from claiming scum as town, claiming scum as scum, to pushing a case very hard as town, to pushing a case very hard as mafia. I've seen him fuck off, and I've seen him tryhard and tunnel and ruin an entire day pushing an incorrect read. Simply put, meta reads just aren't very effective on Palmar, at least in the early game. Later in the game, maybe he cares more as town? It's hard to say.

This game, Palmar's singular meaningful contribution to the game is his case on Wave. It happened relatively early D1 and was somewhat followed up throughout the game as Palmar continued to come in the thread and call for Wave's lynch. Aside from a short lived push on me for dubious reasons, Palmar's reads this game outside of Wave have been rather shallow.

So, the question to answer is, was it a bus?

Before Mafia Mini Mafia 2, I would have said absolutely not. What, exactly, is the point of such a play? Why hardbus your teammates all game and play for a much more difficult win if you can avoid it? Now, however, I'm quite unsure. I made the wrong call faced with this question in MMM2 and I'm hesitant to make any sort of associative read this game because of it.

On this subject, Palmar says this:

On April 30 2015 22:31 Palmar wrote:
I have bused teammates and I have been right on day 1. So in the end your approach results in absolutely no fucking conclusion.

So... how do you do this?

You look at how I did it. Go read my case on WoS, go read my interactions with him and think to yourself "Do I believe Palmar genuinely believes the things he's saying?". Am I being insightful or am I using some shitty generic scumtells to build my case. Am I explaining why I think what I think in a manner that looks like these are genuine thoughts and not fabricated bullshit on a teammate?

Go forth and try.

You'll probably fail, but it's better to have tried and failed but not to have tried at all.


And I'll repeat, before MMM2 I would have been on board with this. But now? I saw Damdred interact with GB and Rit all game long while calling them mafia for genuine-looking reasons that lined up with how I viewed the game, BUT I WAS STILL WRONG. At this point, it's just not good enough.

Looking at the rest of Palmar's play this game, you really see how thin his reads are. If Palmar was mafia with Wave, where does Palmar go from here? He hasn't really had any other in-depth read on any other player in the game up to this point, so who is he to push? He has his "case" on me that he questions even himself, and an associative read on Artanis that is based on the same sort of thin logic: "He doesn't agree with me and is bad so he must be mafia"

Could Palmar be town? Sure. He could have just been really right on D1 and then basically just stopped playing after that, and is now dealing with that fact. I've been there, on occasion. At this point, though, Palmar looks quite bad. I have yet to re-look at the other three, but we'll get there. For tonight though, this is going to do.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
May 01 2015 20:10 GMT
#1534
Won't have time to finish it today.

Tonight, though, I probably will.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
May 02 2015 20:58 GMT
#1566
Magical.

Whatever, I'm done fighting, I don't want to be alive at lylo again anyway.

Peace.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
May 04 2015 20:24 GMT
#1714
Yeah, I definitely lost motivation after a certain point.

Posting for five days on what was essentially the same game day is taxing.
Writer@WriterYamato
Prev 1 5 6 7 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 189
ViBE125
ProTech123
Nathanias 89
RuFF_SC2 28
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15654
Rain 1534
GuemChi 905
Artosis 692
Bale 18
Dota 2
monkeys_forever487
Counter-Strike
taco 178
minikerr26
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1000
Mew2King102
Other Games
summit1g7272
WinterStarcraft525
JimRising 497
C9.Mang0417
Trikslyr63
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick898
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream47
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 100
• davetesta25
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra546
• Shiphtur379
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
8h 50m
INu's Battles
9h 50m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
11h 50m
OSC
21h 5m
Replay Cast
21h 50m
OSC
1d 21h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.