• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:13
CEST 00:13
KST 07:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11324 users

Noir Mini Mafia: Chapter 3 - Page 7

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 11 Next All
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
April 28 2015 18:53 GMT
#1246
I THINK I want to lynch Yamato over Wave today.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
April 28 2015 18:58 GMT
#1248
If you could point out some of the original thoughts he had in Guardians that he feels lacking in here that'd help a lot, though I can imagine it's difficult to point them out after the game.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
April 28 2015 19:02 GMT
#1253
On April 29 2015 03:58 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2015 03:50 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On April 29 2015 03:35 Trfel wrote:
On April 29 2015 03:22 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
I think I might actually want to lynch Yamato. Going through a few of his towngames he comments on so many more things than he has this game, where he's been really fixated on a very small amount of things (BH whom he didn't really have a strong read on one way or the other but still comments on, the thing I commented on regarding Palmar/BH, and later just tunneling on me with a passerby comment on Trfel until I'm no longer a popular target when he just jumps the bandwagon onto Wave). It feels like his radar is much smaller than it usually is on towngames. I scrolled through Guilty, for example, and pretty much every post comments on someone else. LXVII, same thing though less so. Devil, same thing.

Problem is that his play isn't really similar to his last scumgame where he tried either (Survivor). However, I'd argue that Yamato has commented on how much he's disliked playing scum (it's in the big post at the end of Survivor). I'd also argue that his focus on small things/singular people is easier to do than his usual towngame. It also feels very convenient how his reads match town sentiment all the time, swapping to lynching Wave as soon as I'm no longer a viable target.
But there are a few holes that I see in this.

First, I don't think that it is inherently anti-town to focus on one thing at a time and jump around like yamato77 has been doing. What really matters is how you evaluate and consider everything at the key times (approaching a lynch), and yamato77 seems to be willing to consider everything when he is evaluating potential lynches.

As for following the thread sentiment and not commenting on as much, it is a smaller game, and it is a slower game. To be honest, I don't feel like there is generally much to talk about that isn't the "thread sentiment".

So while this doesn't look good for yamato77, and I could see myself lynching him, I can't confidently say that this makes him scum.

Sort of like how I can't confidently scumread Breshke for having no unique pushes this game.
On January 18 2015 12:43 Breshke wrote:
On January 18 2015 12:39 Damdred wrote:
So you have no scum leans at least?


None its shit i know.

I'm going through and rereading again, especially the longer posts like geripts because i didn't really read them well.

Who is your biggest scum right now?
In addition to Breshke being cautious with his scumreads, this is a hard game.

There's a difference between only commenting on things that town sentiment is talking about and literally following all of thread sentiment. I don't think Yamato has swayed from it in anything other than BH, but even then he didn't push it in any real way which actually makes him look worse. The only thing that actually makes me doubt on him is the way he treated me and took a reasonable approach regarding me. It felt kinda townie, but I can't ignore the rest of the game.
Yamato's recent analyses of you and WaveofShadow were actually fairly good. And he was being reasonable.

His inactivity is concerning, and he has been jumping around in his focus, but I just can't feel comfortable lynching him....

Part of me just wants to lynch all three (Breshke, WaveofShadow, and yamato77) and hope that both scum are between them. I'm just having such a hard time getting significantly more confident in any one lynch.

They were okay, but they followed thread sentiment to the T. He had supposedly strong reasons to scumread me, then 15 minutes later jumps on Wave and never mentions me again. Doesn't try to get a better read on me or anything like that, and doesn't mention why he doesn't scumread me anymore. His case on Wave also came at a time when everyone was already scumreading Wave, so eh.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
April 28 2015 19:04 GMT
#1255
On April 29 2015 04:00 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2015 03:58 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
If you could point out some of the original thoughts he had in Guardians that he feels lacking in here that'd help a lot, though I can imagine it's difficult to point them out after the game.
Breshke was among my strongest townreads in Student VII (I replaced in) for having a ton of great townreads and insightful comments.

Yes, it's a student game, but I haven't seen a single instance of these insightful comments from Breshke in this game. He's been sensible, but not inspiring.

I just think it's much more likely he's got an off game content wise than for all these other factors that I've mentioned that were present in his scumgame to suddenly have changed.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
April 28 2015 19:09 GMT
#1259
Hm, Trfel, I see what you mean. Yeah, he was definitely a lot more insightful there than he has been here. I just don't know if that makes him scum.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
April 28 2015 19:13 GMT
#1261
On April 29 2015 04:12 Trfel wrote:
Artanis, I have a really really stupid tone read question for you.

For most of this game, WaveofShadow has been frustrated and mad, or at least seemed that way to me.

Since he started being scumread, his tone became very reasonable and withdrawn, he didn't feel frustrated at all (the notable exception being his argument with rsoultin). But that seems to be a strange difference for me.

One possible explanation is that he spent most of this time discussing with me (who apparently he has decided is extremely weak and sensitive, thus he can't show frustration or I will go cry to my mommy). But I'm not sure that I buy this, so I wonder if that makes him look more scummy.

Did you not feel that towards the end of his filter yesterday he was becoming much more angry?

Also, don't get me wrong, I still find Wave very suspicious and I'm actually quite torn between Wave/Yamato.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
April 28 2015 19:20 GMT
#1264
On April 29 2015 04:16 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2015 04:13 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On April 29 2015 04:12 Trfel wrote:
Artanis, I have a really really stupid tone read question for you.

For most of this game, WaveofShadow has been frustrated and mad, or at least seemed that way to me.

Since he started being scumread, his tone became very reasonable and withdrawn, he didn't feel frustrated at all (the notable exception being his argument with rsoultin). But that seems to be a strange difference for me.

One possible explanation is that he spent most of this time discussing with me (who apparently he has decided is extremely weak and sensitive, thus he can't show frustration or I will go cry to my mommy). But I'm not sure that I buy this, so I wonder if that makes him look more scummy.

Did you not feel that towards the end of his filter yesterday he was becoming much more angry?

Also, don't get me wrong, I still find Wave very suspicious and I'm actually quite torn between Wave/Yamato.
Well, that was when he was fighting with rsoultin, and I don't really see how WaveofShadow would possibly not be angry there.

Show nested quote +
On April 28 2015 12:11 WaveofShadow wrote:
On April 28 2015 12:01 Trfel wrote:
WaveofShadow,

The main thing that I have a problem with in your play is that I don't really feel that you have been pushing your scumreads that hard. Do you mind explaining this for me?

Thanks!

Look at the times I've been around and what I've talked about. Before I very recently townread you, look at all the posts I've made about you, and the times rsoul responded to me.
That was all pushing you. I also pushed yamato yesterday. (And for the record not pushing a scumread 'that hard' isn't in itself a good scumread imo, but whatevs)
Whether or not you or the rest of the thread 'feels' like I've been doing it doesn't really matter a great deal to me.
I mean the only thing I suppose I can admit to is that my timing hasn't been amazing and the times I have been around while other people were, I sort of joined discussion where I could.
This is probably the quote that stands out the most, I think. I basically make a comment that most would find insulting (even though I worded it really cautiously), and WaveofShadow responds completely reasonably and open. He isn't frustrated at all.

Hm, that's interesting. Good find.

I kinda want to let other people talk a bit though. I'm pretty confident in townreading both you and arsoul at this point. It kinda bugs me that no one else is around.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
April 28 2015 20:34 GMT
#1269
[image loading]
Bet this is a better case than anything Yamato can make.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
April 28 2015 20:53 GMT
#1271
Why not?
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
April 28 2015 21:49 GMT
#1282
You're actually still putting Damdred above me?
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
April 28 2015 22:24 GMT
#1295
On April 29 2015 07:09 Palmar wrote:
Because we're probably finally going to lynch WoS and the night is silent:

If I'm right, look at artanis first, then yamato and damdred.

If'm wrong, same three people. Also in that case, sorry.

If I'm right, you all suck.

Thank you for your elaborate reasons.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
April 28 2015 22:27 GMT
#1297
I am quite up for a plynch on Palmar regardless of the Wave lynch result tbh.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
April 28 2015 22:34 GMT
#1303
On April 29 2015 07:31 rsoultin wrote:
too long :/

i think palmar is town this game but i know he's trying to break meta. the problem with breaking meta when your meta is to be awful is then you just get mislynched. i'm perfectly happy with instigating the natural way of things lol ><

Town Palmar tends to give a shit when he's about to get lynched though. At least, this used to be true.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
April 28 2015 22:44 GMT
#1309
Wave, if you're town last reads would be nice.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
April 28 2015 22:45 GMT
#1310
Also I'm gonna stop posting for now because I'm spending way more time on this game today than I wanted to in general and the lynch seems pretty set and I'm ok with it.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
April 28 2015 23:22 GMT
#1332
On April 29 2015 08:19 Breshke wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2015 08:17 yamato77 wrote:
On April 29 2015 08:15 Trfel wrote:
Yeah, maybe it is just that simple.

##unvote
##vote yamato77

I don't want to be a dick

but this is truly pointless


i actually agree with this. Like i like the sentiment trfel but all this might achieve is the day extending, not getting yamato lynched

Actually, I may want to switch too. I'm actually quite torn.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
April 28 2015 23:23 GMT
#1336
Who's currently on Yamato? Breshke/Wave/Trfel?
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
April 28 2015 23:27 GMT
#1341
I think Rso will switch to Yamato if I do to avoid a no lynch.
I just dunno if I want to. I really dunno.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
April 28 2015 23:30 GMT
#1348
On April 29 2015 07:55 WaveofShadow wrote:
Can't do anything now, no time
Palmar rsoul yamato pribably
Could also be wrong on Trfel but doubt it

Gg
Shouldn't have joined this game

Does Wave even bother with this if he's scum?
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
April 28 2015 23:36 GMT
#1358
On April 29 2015 08:32 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2015 08:30 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On April 29 2015 07:55 WaveofShadow wrote:
Can't do anything now, no time
Palmar rsoul yamato pribably
Could also be wrong on Trfel but doubt it

Gg
Shouldn't have joined this game

Does Wave even bother with this if he's scum?


dunno

you did though xP

I did it last min just to troll though.

I was tempted to switch to Yamato after finding out he hasn't been lynched as town in forever, but then I checked Wave and the same was true for him so that doesn't help.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O143
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12706
Shuttle 405
White-Ra 228
ZZZero.O 143
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm122
League of Legends
Doublelift5237
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4700
Other Games
summit1g9611
FrodaN2561
Liquid`RaSZi1889
C9.Mang0341
ToD323
crisheroes291
Livibee194
Pyrionflax106
Mew2King60
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1050
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 82
• musti20045 38
• Adnapsc2 35
• HeavenSC 20
• Sammyuel 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1594
• Shiphtur676
• WagamamaTV294
Upcoming Events
OSC
47m
Replay Cast
47m
OSC
13h 47m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.